Piercings.

AuthorMessage
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 6th, 2010 at 05:45pm
The Rumor:
Horror Show.:
I'm going to get an industrial sometime this month for my birthday on the 24th Smile

sometime, i also want to get my eyebrow, nose, and lip peirced, and a few on the cartilidge on the opposite ear of the industrial (i don't know what they're called, if they have a name)

A piercing on the cartilage rim of your ear is a helix.

oh... thanks! Smile
mindless.
Salute You in Your Grave
mindless.
April 6th, 2010 at 06:06pm
The Rumor:
Neither. They're pretty equal, to be honest. Obviously snake bites will be twice the pain but you also get twice the piercings. Besides, you'll have forgotten the pain by the time you walk out the door. Get pierced because of the way it looks or art or whatever. Don't get a piercing because it hurts less than another one.

true, thanks Mr. Green
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 6th, 2010 at 08:35pm
The Rumor:
Neither. They're pretty equal, to be honest. Obviously snake bites will be twice the pain but you also get twice the piercings. Besides, you'll have forgotten the pain by the time you walk out the door. Get pierced because of the way it looks or art or whatever. Don't get a piercing because it hurts less than another one.

I thought of this today. Thankfully, when I got my lobes peirced, only my right ear hurt. My ears weren't even red, they looked as though I'd had those peircings for years. But it'll probably be different on other parts of my body, but I'm not too worried about my ears.
heartstrings.
Demolition Lover
heartstrings.
April 7th, 2010 at 10:35am

What's the average amount of time a lip piercing needs to heal?
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 7th, 2010 at 01:23pm
heartstrings.:

I looked online, and this one site said 2 to 3 months.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
April 7th, 2010 at 02:20pm
heartstrings.:

Six weeks till you can change the bar. Overall healing time varies drastically from person to person, though. Everyone's immune system is different.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
April 12th, 2010 at 05:36pm
Okay, so, I just got my third hole done and I moved the earrings around - obviously.
And the hole has this blackish (just dark) tint in/around it.
Is this normal? Is it like bruised?
I just dont want an infection. Seeing how I got this done yesterday.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
April 13th, 2010 at 05:41am
^what kind of metal are the earrings? Because sometimes cheap plated earrings (containing nickle, or silver) can leave a dark greeny-blue/black staining where the metal comes into contact with your ear. If I were you, I would keep them clean, follow your aftercare instructions, and see how it goes. If it goes away, all's well. If it doesn't, when you can change your earrings, change them for some good quality earrings (titanium or surgical steel posts), and see what happens.
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
April 13th, 2010 at 12:32pm
Was it done with a gun or a needle?

Sometimes the way its pierced can affect it
Flipper.
Salute You in Your Grave
Flipper.
April 13th, 2010 at 01:54pm
Getting my nose pierced when I go in for my next tattoo.
Wanted a monroe but everyone has them now and its lame.

I miss my gages dearly...
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
April 13th, 2010 at 05:33pm
@ Fullmetal: They are white gold. Pure, I believe.
I will try, but that is 8 weeks away, my friend!

@Cora: It was with a gun.

...Thanks. Smile
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
April 13th, 2010 at 10:47pm
I dont think their really supposed to use guns,i cant remember which part of the ear its on,but i know needles are usually preffered.

Id suggest you ask round different shops who do piercings and get thier advice.
And fullmetals right,keep it clean and dont fiddle with it.
Any bacteria could turn it into an infection,be careful you dont catch them too!
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
April 14th, 2010 at 10:43am
Coraline.:
I dont think their really supposed to use guns,i cant remember which part of the ear its on,but i know needles are usually preffered.

Id suggest you ask round different shops who do piercings and get thier advice.
And fullmetals right,keep it clean and dont fiddle with it.
Any bacteria could turn it into an infection,be careful you dont catch them too!

I took a shower and I dont really see the black.
It is a bit swollen though. Like not swollen; but its got a large bump. I think its scar tissue.
I went to the nurse at my schoola nd from whats she saw, its not swollen...
I dont know. I think its okay.

I thnk its fine, my second ones did this too. They are healthy now.
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
April 15th, 2010 at 04:13am
i got my belly button done in january and i recently bought a new bar and put it in but my piercing reacted badly so i changed back to original one, as far as i know the new bar was surgical steel but is the anything people could recommend about changing jewellery?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
April 15th, 2010 at 09:51am
^ Where did you get the bar from and how was it treated before you bought it? If the bar wasn't clean when it went in then even surgical steel could have bad results.

Michael Way.:
I took a shower and I dont really see the black.
It is a bit swollen though. Like not swollen; but its got a large bump. I think its scar tissue.
I went to the nurse at my schoola nd from whats she saw, its not swollen...
I dont know. I think its okay.

I thnk its fine, my second ones did this too. They are healthy now.

You probably got a cartilage piercing with a gun. This is bad but not disastrous. Keep it clean, don't twist it when you clean it and you should be alright. Don't over clean it either though, just twice a day will be fine.

The lump is probably a granuloma. That's when your body reacts to the trauma by creating excess skin cells around the area. This is totally normal and will go away on it's own (so long as you don't fiddle with it).

The black was probably a bruise, don't worry about it.

The only piercings that you can get safely done with a gun are really your first and second lobe piercings (and even that's a bit iffy, I'd never recommend guns). Whenever you get any piercings in the future, get them done at a professional piercing shop with a needle.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
April 15th, 2010 at 05:16pm
^ Thank yo uso much. You really were a help.
It is doing a lot better.
I was just freaking out, becuase it was new.
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
April 18th, 2010 at 02:00am
The Rumor:
^ Where did you get the bar from and how was it treated before you bought it? If the bar wasn't clean when it went in then even surgical steel could have bad results.

I'm not sure what it was cleaned with at the store, which was just a little jewelers place but i cleaned it and the piercing with anti-septic gel
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
April 18th, 2010 at 03:09am
i currently have the right side of my lip pierced and i've been wanting to get it pierced again, on the same side next to the one i already have.
but i don't know if i should get that or my nose done. i've been debating a lot these past months
here is a current picture of myself.
pierce my lip again or just get my nose done?
help?
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
April 18th, 2010 at 11:44am
...So for those of you who care. My ear is healing well now.
There is no more swelling and It doesn't hurt at all when I touch it. There is a bit of dried blood, that I peeled off, but otherwise. I know its not copletely healed, but it feels fine.

...I've been cleaning with salt water; and it really did help. I'd suggest this to anyone.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
April 19th, 2010 at 10:57am
glambert.:
i currently have the right side of my lip pierced and i've been wanting to get it pierced again, on the same side next to the one i already have.
but i don't know if i should get that or my nose done. i've been debating a lot these past months
here is a current picture of myself.
pierce my lip again or just get my nose done?
help?

Nose! It'd suit you!