Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
July 18th, 2010 at 08:49pm
this obviously isnt me, but I do want a piercing similar to this one:

Jack's broken heart
Awake and Unafraid
Jack's broken heart
July 19th, 2010 at 06:13am
I have an industrial piercing in my left ear and 8 "normal" piercings in my ear.
and I've got a ring in my nose.

I really want to get my tongue pierced, but I'm kinad nervous about that cause my piercings ALWAYS get infected, and it would suck to have a tongue piercing get infected you know?
Also I want spiderbites and a stud in my other nostril.
Please Die !
Salute You in Your Grave
Please Die !
July 30th, 2010 at 06:09pm
I've heard that the rook is just a hard moment to go through
Like most piercings if you ask me.
I really want an anti-eyebrow piercing, I might get it done
this week. =D
Stark
Awake and Unafraid
Stark
August 2nd, 2010 at 04:40am
I'm desperate for snake bites.
I love them but I don't want to look stupid, and they really would on me.
Also everyone freaked the hell out and called me an emo and stuff when I got my lip peirced, admittedly only in teasing, but it still got to me.
Idk I think I'll get my ears peirced another 2 times in each ear instead.
also, does anyone know how to remove a lip peircing?
it's got a ball an I've tried unscrewing it, but it doesn't turn whatever I do and it really hurts?
ahsaf
Banned
ahsaf
August 3rd, 2010 at 07:16pm
^You just have to unscrew the ball, if you can't get it off then go to a professional piercer and they should be able to.

murder tramp;:
I'm planning on getting an industrial... what does it feel like?

It feels like getting two helix piercings in one go then putting a big bar through it. If you're scared of the pain don't bother.

Michael Way.:
If I get my rook pierced, would it really be the worst pain I've ever felt? Thats what everyone tells me.

And also, how risky is a spiral?

Pain is relative to everyone but since a rook goes through a fair amount of cartilage it will hurt, again if you can't deal with the pain don't bother.
Spirals are /really/ hard to keep unless you get the piercings separate, heal them with labret posts and then get the jewellery specially bent to fit. A good piercer would be able to do this. But really they'd be so prone to HT scarring and the such I wouldn't say it was worth it.

gleek:
Ive only got my ears pierced

I plan on getting snakebites, and possibly gauges, but im not sure yet

.)
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 4th, 2010 at 01:09pm
^ thank you so much. I doubt i'm getting the spiral then. Maybe i'll shoot for the Rook or maybe (I just wish they weren't popular at my school) an industrial, because it doesn't sound that painful. Very Happy

Thank you very much though.
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
August 4th, 2010 at 01:30pm
ahsaf:

gleek:
Ive only got my ears pierced

I plan on getting snakebites, and possibly gauges, but im not sure yet

.)

sorry abut that, i typed it into google and that's the spelling it gave me :/
ahsaf
Banned
ahsaf
August 4th, 2010 at 05:01pm
lolwat
Spelling doesn't matter when it's the wrong word.
The process is called stretching. The pieces of jewellery are called plugs/tunnels/spirals.
Frank Anthony Iero.
Bulletproof Heart
Frank Anthony Iero.
August 5th, 2010 at 09:29pm
I have a industrial in my right ear and two normal ear piercings in each ear. :3
poetic tragedy.
Awake and Unafraid
poetic tragedy.
August 6th, 2010 at 04:11am
i want to make two more piercings in the right ear and one more piercing in the left ear.
and i have also thought of having septum. not too sure though.
someone who has septum that can tell me how it feels to take it or something? :] if i it hurts or whatever.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 6th, 2010 at 05:53pm
^ No one can tell you what the pain will be like. I had one done and it was totally fine. Not my least painful piercing at all, whereas I was told it'd be excruciating. Everyone has a different body and mind, therefore everyone receives pain differently. I know that the least useful answer but it's the only true one.

All I can say is, yes, it will hurt and no, you won't care afterwards. Also, get piercings because you want them, not because of the amount of pain involved. Especially septum piercings because they're socially quite an out there piercing to have, so confidence is always a plus.

I would totally get mine done again and if you really like the idea (and are going to go to a reputable piercer) then I say go for it. :]

ahsaf:
lolwat
Spelling doesn't matter when it's the wrong word.
The process is called stretching. The pieces of jewellery are called plugs/tunnels/spirals.

Be nice. If people don't know as much about piercings as you, educate them, not poke fun at them. Sorry if that's not what was intended but that's how your comment appeared to me. Besides, 'gauges' is common street slang. It's not technically correct but it's a common mistake and everyone knew what was meant.

For others' reference, the measurements are called gauges (at least, in the States. I know that here in the UK, we use millimetres), which is where the slang comes from. The process is actually called stretching and your piercings can generally be referred to by the jewellery you where in them, or as __mm/__g stretches. The pictures there were of plugs. Tunnels are basically hollow plugs. There's also tapers, spirals, crescents, CBRs/BCRs etc. You can wear a lot of different stuff in them.

Ryuzaki:
also, does anyone know how to remove a lip peircing?
it's got a ball an I've tried unscrewing it, but it doesn't turn whatever I do and it really hurts?

Try putting on some rubber gloves (clean washing up gloves would do) and turning the ball then. If it's the first time you're changing it, the ball will be super tight so you need a little extra grip to get it off. A piercer can help you out with this but it might get annoying to have to go to a piercer every time you want to get your jewellery changed.

Jack's broken heart:
I really want to get my tongue pierced, but I'm kinad nervous about that cause my piercings ALWAYS get infected, and it would suck to have a tongue piercing get infected you know?

It's obviously possible but tongue piercings are a lot less likely to get infected because your mouth is a self-cleaning environment. Plus, you're not as likely to touch it with your hands (which are one of the dirtiest parts of your body).
poetic tragedy.
Awake and Unafraid
poetic tragedy.
August 8th, 2010 at 11:40am
The Rumor:
^ No one can tell you what the pain will be like. I had one done and it was totally fine. Not my least painful piercing at all, whereas I was told it'd be excruciating. Everyone has a different body and mind, therefore everyone receives pain differently. I know that the least useful answer but it's the only true one.

All I can say is, yes, it will hurt and no, you won't care afterwards. Also, get piercings because you want them, not because of the amount of pain involved. Especially septum piercings because they're socially quite an out there piercing to have, so confidence is always a plus.

I would totally get mine done again and if you really like the idea (and are going to go to a reputable piercer) then I say go for it. :]

no, it's not like i decide piercings after how it feels,
i really like septum, i think it looks awesome i would really like one.
i just want to hear people's opinions.
Illuminaudio
Really Not Okay
Illuminaudio
August 14th, 2010 at 01:24am
How noticable will a lip piercing be after i stop wearing jewelry in it?
I want to get spiderbites, but i plan on being a doctor later on, and lip piercings are very unprofessional :/ So will the hole eventually close up? Or will it stay there forever?
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
August 14th, 2010 at 02:12am
i just got an industrial and i love it! its my 6th/7th piercing and actually didnt hurt much at all, just the initial point when the needle went through. I got it a few days ago and I still feel no pain unless i bump it
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 14th, 2010 at 02:33pm
Illuminaudio:
How noticable will a lip piercing be after i stop wearing jewelry in it?
I want to get spiderbites, but i plan on being a doctor later on, and lip piercings are very unprofessional :/ So will the hole eventually close up? Or will it stay there forever?

You'll always have a dent there but it's nothing to write home about. I'm sure you could still be a doctor. It's small and a lot of people don't even see my scar. Heck, I had my cheeks pierced and it takes people a while to notice those scars, which are in a more prominent place. I can post a picture of mine, if you like (I just have to charge my camera first).
Illuminaudio
Really Not Okay
Illuminaudio
August 14th, 2010 at 04:38pm
The Rumor:
You'll always have a dent there but it's nothing to write home about. I'm sure you could still be a doctor. It's small and a lot of people don't even see my scar. Heck, I had my cheeks pierced and it takes people a while to notice those scars, which are in a more prominent place. I can post a picture of mine, if you like (I just have to charge my camera first).

Yeah, a picture would be cool Smile Also, i didn't think about makeup covering it up. Does that make any difference for you?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 14th, 2010 at 05:40pm
^ Yep. Foundation makes the holes less noticable. I use it on my cheeks. I can probably post a photo tomorrow. :]
Illuminaudio
Really Not Okay
Illuminaudio
August 14th, 2010 at 06:51pm
Awesome
Thanks a lot Smile
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 15th, 2010 at 08:54pm
I want to get an industrial, but I've heard that they hurt A LOT.
But I know it's different for everybody.
When I got my lobes pierced, it didn't hurt much, so would that mean that the industrial would be the same?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 16th, 2010 at 05:36pm
^ No, an industrial will hurt more than your lobes. However, everyone receives pain differently so I can't tell you what it'll be like. What I can say is that the initial pain will end quickly but the aftercare of industrial piercings can be taxing. If you're willing to look after it and bear the lengthy healing time then you'll be absolutely fine (and look fine, at that ;] ).

@Illuminaudio: I haven't forgotten about you! Sorry the picture isn't up yet.