Don't have an account? Create one!

Piercings.

AuthorMessage
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
August 18th, 2010 at 11:06am
I kind of want to get an auricle piercing.
I think I may get it done sometime soon.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 18th, 2010 at 11:23am
The Rumor:
^ No, an industrial will hurt more than your lobes. However, everyone receives pain differently so I can't tell you what it'll be like. What I can say is that the initial pain will end quickly but the aftercare of industrial piercings can be taxing. If you're willing to look after it and bear the lengthy healing time then you'll be absolutely fine (and look fine, at that ;] ).

Thank you!
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 19th, 2010 at 02:16pm
Illuminaudio:

Sorry this took so long. ><

This is my scar normally. I have quite plump lips and the scar sits just below them so it's normally hidden.

When I show it (this is without stretching it, so probably what it's like when I smile or whatever), it looks like this. There is a prominent scar but I really don't think it'd stop you from getting a desired job.

If you ever take it out, you can also use bio oil to reduce the scar, which really does work. I did that with my cheek piercings because they looked a bit terrible after the infections and they look a lot better now. :]

I took my lip piercing out in September 2009, this pictures are in August 2010.
Illuminaudio
Really Not Okay
Illuminaudio
August 19th, 2010 at 06:59pm
The Rumor:

Oh well that's not too out there. Awesome Very Happy i think i'll definitely be getting it done. Thanks Smile
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 20th, 2010 at 03:13pm
No problem. :]
Taylor Lautner
Always Born a Crime
Taylor Lautner
August 22nd, 2010 at 12:58am
I reallyyyy want my nose pierced!
Kristopher
Killjoy
Kristopher
November 22nd, 2010 at 06:26am
At the time belly button infection... if there is pus and it has not yet drained, try using hydrogen peroxide. The peroxide will assist in draining the pus and clearing the infection. Only use hydrogen peroxide for these reasons, do not use it after the infection is gone. Clap Clap Clap
Chemical Catastrophe
Awake and Unafraid
Chemical Catastrophe
February 12th, 2011 at 08:44am
I finally got my second lobe piercing. I'm so happy. Very Happy lolz
Draco Malfoy.
Motor Baby
Draco Malfoy.
February 16th, 2011 at 07:38am
Would you consider self piercing foolish, with the required tools?
Has anybody here done it, and what have you pierced if so?
Plus, is piercing over scar tissue, harmful in any way?
Rorschach Test
Jazz Hands
Rorschach Test
February 16th, 2011 at 11:56am
I've been planning on multiple piercings for years but I found out that I'm prone to keloids (heavy scarring). Should I risk it?
starkid.
Motor Baby
starkid.
February 25th, 2011 at 09:28am
i want my septum, some lip piercings...maybe snake bites.
i also want gauges. but i'm too scared to start stretching... Disgust
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
February 25th, 2011 at 11:37am
psychophant:
I've been planning on multiple piercings for years but I found out that I'm prone to keloids (heavy scarring). Should I risk it?

Depends where. I mean, if you get a keloid on your ear it's going to be way less noticeable than on your lip, for example.

Draco Malfoy.:
Would you consider self piercing foolish, with the required tools?
Has anybody here done it, and what have you pierced if so?
Plus, is piercing over scar tissue, harmful in any way?

I would, yeah. It does depend where you're piercing but piercers train for ages for a reason. If you were piercing something like your lip you're taking a huge risk because you without proper training you don't know where all the nerves and veins are that you need to miss. Not to mention that if something does go wrong you're risking screwing up your face, which can have a huge impact on you. If you go to a reputable professional piercer it might cost you slightly more but at least you know you're getting a completely safe, good piercing that has a good chance of lasting longer and looking better than a self-piercing would. I just don't see why anyone would risk doing themselves long-term damage when there's such a simple alternative.

No, piercing over scar tissue is fine, for the most part. Surface piercings over copious scar tissue probably not but if you're talking about piercing through a previous healed up piercing, that's completely fine.
Rorschach Test
Jazz Hands
Rorschach Test
February 25th, 2011 at 01:04pm
The Rumor:
Depends where. I mean, if you get a keloid on your ear it's going to be way less noticeable than on your lip, for example.

Well, I got my ears peirced (for the fourth time) a year ago exactly and they haven't scarred, but they haven't healed either. My doctor told me that keloids are most often found on the torso, so I'm really debating. I've always wanted a labret piercing. I get injured all the time and scars on my face seem to heal well, but I've never been seriously wounded in the facial area. What do you think?
death wish.
Jazz Hands
death wish.
March 7th, 2011 at 06:02pm
i have my nose, lip, ears have two holes, and my belly button.
stay away;
In a Bullet's Embrace
stay away;
March 18th, 2011 at 07:42pm
i've got two holes in each ear lobe
i'm really feeling more; but i'm not sure which. i'd like my cartilage and my nose.
does anyone know how easy it is to change a nose stud to a ring after the piercing 'grace period'
i also kind of want to stretch my ears a bit-i hear there is a certain size you can stretch them to and they will go back to normal -- does anybody know what that is ?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
March 20th, 2011 at 03:17pm
^ It's easy enough to do (if you know how to put the ring in) but it's painful because nose piercings take ages to stop being sore (mine took two years to not hurt when I changed it). That being said it's nowhere near as painful as actually getting it pierced so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Regarding stretches; it's different for everyone. The size that gets chucked around as the ballpark tends to be 10mm but this isn't actually true. It completely depends on your body and how it heals. Some can go really high and still downsize, others can't go passed something quite small without it being irreversible.
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
March 20th, 2011 at 05:09pm
Not really relevant about me, but my friend got her hips pierced the other day. I didn't even know you could do that!
They look quite nice though.
Doodles
Demolition Lover
Doodles
March 29th, 2011 at 05:42am
I now have three pierings in each ear, a tongue piercing, and my hips pierced.
I only got my hips done on saturday, but they seem to be healing okay.
Still nervous about if they might reject as many surface piercings do, just keeping my fingers rossed for now though. [:
cricket.
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
cricket.
March 29th, 2011 at 02:58pm
I have 3 in each lobe, one cartilage, an industrial, my nose and my left tragus.

Just throwing this out there for anyone who also has a tragus piercing: How long did it take for it to completely heal? I've had mine for nearly 6 months, it still gets irritated when I sleep on that side of my head. I tried googling it, it seems like it's different for everyone, but thought I'd ask anyways in case anyone knew.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
March 31st, 2011 at 10:51am
As you said, it does vary for everyone because everyone has a different immune system. My sister's took 18 months to heal.