Don't have an account? Create one!

Making MCR Music Videos...

AuthorMessage
ShrunkenHeart
Fabulous Killjoy
ShrunkenHeart
April 21st, 2006 at 02:30pm
If you were in charge of making a video for one of their songs, what would it be like?

For me, personally, I hate it when a band has a really cool song that I like a lot ... but then backs it up with a video that makes little or no sense and doesn't follow the message of the song at all. Maybe it's budget issues, I dunno! Point is, I think MCR does a pretty good job (so far) of making awesome videos to go with their songs. <3 So even though they have pretty kick-ass videos so far... they still have a lot of songs. If you were the directer, designer and Brain behind the video, how would you make it?

Example:
My favorite MCR song is probably Cemetery Drive. If I were in charge of making it, I'd follow the lyrics of the song and the "story" I get out of it pretty closely.

The opening scene would show Gerard and the gang in a cemetery at night, just hanging out. The gang is just sitting down on the grass, in no particular order, while Gerard is leaning up against a grave. They're all talking, when suddenly Gerard would glance (forlornly, of course) over at a mausoleum, which of course he recognizes. He'll go quiet for a minute, 'til the others notice and just as Mikey asks what's up, they're distracted by the noise and light of the sirens (omg, the popos showedid up!1) and are forced to disperse!

While running, Gerard has a type of flash-back and the music kicks in.

A scene flashes in Gerard's mind of walking past the tombstones in the same cemetery with a particularly pretty girl. She's wearing a white, somewhat revealing (low-cut) dress that's embroidered with lace, her wrists are swimming in at least two dozen bracelets each, and her hair is blood red. The camera pans and you notice a wedding ring on her finger, but of course, no such ring on Gerard's. They're talking, smiling and laughing -- and obviously very close when she stops and looks at him for a moment and the smile is wiped off her face and replaced with despair. He asks what's wrong and she just leans in and kisses him. After said kiss, she stares into his face for a second before taking the hands off his face, turning, and running off.

Though bewildered and knowing it's wrong (since she's married and all), he can't help but smile and stands there alone for a while, watching her run back home (to her huuusband... o noez).

The scene cuts to the Girl and her husband, when she returns home. Her husband was there waiting for her and asks her where she had been. She motions to the cemetery, and it's known between both of them that she means to visit her grandmother's grave (a scene'll cut inbetween her motioning and arm-flailing to show the grave, so the audience would know too). Her husband gets up (angrivated and half-drunk), puts a hand around her neck and slams her up against the wall. The whole scene is silent while the music plays, but you see his mouth move in angry yells while the girl tries to yell back, half-sobbing inbetween. It's clear he ain't too keen on her and Gerard's relationship. Or the dress. (Oohh. The dress her huusbaaand haaatess~)

Finally, he gets fed up, smacks her and she falls down to the floor in a pile. He walks off and out of their home, while she's left there sobbing. The next thing you see is her wiping her eyes, and as she does, her bracelets slip back to reveal cuts on her wrists. She stands up, grabs the bottle of whiskey (^_^ Or maybe Coors Light?) her husband left behind and chugs what was left (and there was quite a bit left). After finishing the remains of the bottle, she throws it down in a crash and rushes out the door. She runs through the field at the side of her house as hard and fast as she can, with her mascara and eyeliner running down her cheeks from the tears and her dress half torn from her husband's constant abuse.

She runs as hard as she can to Gerard's house -- only to find he isn't there. She only cries harder and sinks to the floor. When she looks up, she sees a kitchen knife and determines it's the only way out (Nooo, girly, noo Sad ). She grabs it by the hilt and makes her stride to the bathroom with a set jaw.

The scene cuts to Gerard hanging out with the rest of the guys (still in the flashback) and he says good-bye to them with a happy face. He walks up to his house only to notice the door is already wide open. He walks in, half expecting a burglar (though, who'd rob from him?) only to discover the residence empty. He's about to leave when he notices the bathroom light on and the door slightly cracked. He walks warily to the door (baseball bat in hand), and swings open the door. BAM!

The camera pans away from Gerard's face and shows the body of the girl on the bathroom floor, her wrists slit, the bracelets strewn all around her, the eyeliner still staining her cheeks. Bam. She dead.

The scene cuts to Gerard and the band playing in the cemetery, in front of the dead girl's mausoleum. As Gerard screams "I miss you so far", the corpse of the girl comes out of the mausoleum and walks a circle around Gerard, touching his face before standing in front of him and slowly moving down, touching her foot that's in front of her. At that moment, two other corpses rise from their graves (think the Corpse Bride scene when her hand POPS OUT ^_^) and join her to dance ("walk the deead" ..>.> Walking, dancing..same diff).

The girl and the other two (or three... whatever) corpses dance in front of the band as Gerard sings then as Gerard starts to sing "way down" (near the end of the song), the two corpses go back to their graves and sink into the dirt while the girl starts to sink into the ground right in front of Gerard and by the last "way down", her hand completely sinks in and Gerard puts down the microphone and... scene cuts back to Gerard & co. racing from the cops.

The music is no longer playing and the camera is just really close up to Gerard's face as he runs... then it ends.

Well, that's just a VERY long example. Yours need not be so long... or detailed. But I guess you get the general idea!

(I thought about posting this in the media section, and realized there are no pictures. So I thought about the "fic" section. Figured it would do good there with the writers, but realized it doesn't quite fit into there either. This seems like the best category, so I'll give it a shot. <3)
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
April 21st, 2006 at 02:42pm
I make up videos in my head because I have no life...and I think too much...ANYWAY

I Never Told You What I Do For a Living

Just of it: A man haunted by the people he brutally murdered.

First Verse through First Chorus
He is in a hotel room, watching the sun set through the balcony (singing the the song of course) while the people he killed dance outside his door to the music.

Second Verse Through Chorus

He moves to the mirror in his bathroom- looking at digust at the man he became. As he sings the audience sees the bodies of the people he killed- One in the tub, neck slashed and gutted. He moves out of the bathroom, steps over another body-gunshot to the head- then past the bed, where yet and another body lays-knives to the back- and then to the door where against wall is another dead body. He lingers by the door, knowing the people he killed are on the other side dancing.

And Down we go....and Down we go....to end

Cut to the cemetary, were our killer witness his victims stabbing eachother...as they dance. Blood flies everyone. When "And we're all...blablabla" they stop stabbing and dance once again. "Never again" kicks in, the victims face him...in a line. One of of the pulls out a gun and points it to his head. "And I Try..." The victim pulls the trigger and all the victims fall to the ground, and into thir respected graves.

The killer finishes the song- his victims now behind him. They pass up the gun...and in the end, the killer shoots himself in the head.

The End
ShrunkenHeart
Fabulous Killjoy
ShrunkenHeart
April 21st, 2006 at 02:49pm
Jenni:
I make up videos in my head because I have no life...and I think too much...ANYWAY

I Never Told You What I Do For a Living

Just of it: A man haunted by the people he brutally murdered.

First Verse through First Chorus
He is in a hotel room, watching the sun set through the balcony (singing the the song of course) while the people he killed dance outside his door to the music.

Second Verse Through Chorus

He moves to the mirror in his bathroom- looking at digust at the man he became. As he sings the audience sees the bodies of the people he killed- One in the tub, neck slashed and gutted. He moves out of the bathroom, steps over another body-gunshot to the head- then past the bed, where yet and another body lays-knives to the back- and then to the door where against wall is another dead body. He lingers by the door, knowing the people he killed are on the other side dancing.

And Down we go....and Down we go....to end

Cut to the cemetary, were our killer witness his victims stabbing eachother...as they dance. Blood flies everyone. When "And we're all...blablabla" they stop stabbing and dance once again. "Never again" kicks in, the victims face him...in a line. One of of the pulls out a gun and points it to his head. "And I Try..." The victim pulls the trigger and all the victims fall to the ground, and into thir respected graves.

The killer finishes the song- his victims now behind him. They pass up the gun...and in the end, the killer shoots himself in the head.

The End

^_^ Very nice!
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
April 21st, 2006 at 02:50pm
Thank you ^___^ I have more- like two more because I'm lame like that.

You'res is cool too btw. But I disagree with the whole, having teh video match the song...sometimes its interesting when they don't match.
ShrunkenHeart
Fabulous Killjoy
ShrunkenHeart
April 21st, 2006 at 03:01pm
Jenni:
Thank you ^___^ I have more- like two more because I'm lame like that.

You'res is cool too btw. But I disagree with the whole, having teh video match the song...sometimes its interesting when they don't match.

Thank you. ^_^ You should share your other ones! I'd like to read 'em!

But, yeah. I can see your point with the not matching all the time. It's just sometimes, being a fan, you get this whole idea in your head about what it should be about so you get disappointed sometimes when the videos do come out!

So yeah, like you said, sometimes it is interesting. ^_^ And I know quite a few videos that come out different, but better than the songs!
Believe_in_me
Motor Baby
Believe_in_me
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:00pm
Wow, you all are really creative...

I thought of something for "The Ghost of You" before the music video came out...

It would be about a couple, the woman being dead, in some tragedy that involves the man...

Through out the video,(soft verses), the man would be walking throughout their home, and when the chorus kicked in,
he would have flashbacks of what happend to the girl.
ShrunkenHeart
Fabulous Killjoy
ShrunkenHeart
April 22nd, 2006 at 07:07pm
mUzIc_iS_mY_aNtIdRuG:

I thought of something for "The Ghost of You" before the music video came out...

It would be about a couple, the woman being dead, in some tragedy that involves the man...

Through out the video,(soft verses), the man would be walking throughout their home, and when the chorus kicked in,

^_^ That's nice! I like it. <3

Someone should get a video camera or learn flash (for the computer) to make the videos or something! That'd be cool...
noxx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
noxx
April 23rd, 2006 at 02:53am
I never told you what i do for a living i would be a sick music video.
reckless?abandon-21
Bleeding on the Floor
reckless?abandon-21
April 23rd, 2006 at 08:53am
i tihink that "you know what they do to gusy like us in prison" would be an awsome one. gee says that that song reflects them most, and i would just DIE to see how exactly that would be put into a video
xXMystery_SkaterXx
Motor Baby
xXMystery_SkaterXx
April 23rd, 2006 at 11:35pm
Those would all be fucking awesome!!!!!!!
Riddle of Revenge
Salute You in Your Grave
Riddle of Revenge
April 23rd, 2006 at 11:40pm
mUzIc_iS_mY_aNtIdRuG:

Thats cool! I like it.
ShrunkenHeart
Fabulous Killjoy
ShrunkenHeart
April 23rd, 2006 at 11:44pm
usernameB7:
i tihink that "you know what they do to gusy like us in prison" would be an awsome one. gee says that that song reflects them most, and i would just DIE to see how exactly that would be put into a video

I'd love to see their rendition of it. Though they'd prolly cut out funny scenes that DESERVE to be in there. Such as... Gerard wearing a dress doing push-ups or him about to be bum-raped. Geehehehe.

Everyone agree we need to see that?
ooohh_cookiesO.O
Killjoy
ooohh_cookiesO.O
April 24th, 2006 at 02:23am
^_^
hunzana
Awake and Unafraid
hunzana
April 27th, 2006 at 05:12am
these are really good ^_^

Gerard said he really wants 2 make a video for 'you know what they do to guys like us in prison' Very Happy
ShrunkenHeart
Fabulous Killjoy
ShrunkenHeart
April 27th, 2006 at 02:02pm
.m.c.r.freak.:
these are really good ^_^

Gerard said he really wants 2 make a video for 'you know what they do to guys like us in prison' Very Happy

<3!

And yeah, someone already mentioned that. XD

ShrunkenHeart:
usernameB7:

I'd love to see their rendition of it. Though they'd prolly cut out funny scenes that DESERVE to be in there. Such as... Gerard wearing a dress doing push-ups or him about to be bum-raped. Geehehehe.

Everyone agree we need to see that?

What would you guys like to see as far as that video is concerned? >Very Happy
noxx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
noxx
April 27th, 2006 at 03:16pm
The jetset life would be a good video too. At the begining their traped in a little jar rocking out (simular to the Nsync video =O )
ShrunkenHeart
Fabulous Killjoy
ShrunkenHeart
April 27th, 2006 at 10:33pm
noxx:
The jetset life would be a good video too. At the begining their traped in a little jar rocking out (simular to the Nsync video =O )

Ooh. That does sound neat. Very Happy
VelvetRose
Killjoy
VelvetRose
April 29th, 2006 at 12:49am
Okay. I’m giving this a shot, because I’m also plotting (*evil face*) a fanfic around this song and video idea. So, try to stay with me. @_@;

To The End

Before the music starts, you hear the stopping of an engine. There’s a large, brooding mansion looming ahead of the camera, and then the camera shoots back down to the ground, almost in fear of looking at the house again. It zooms along the rocky, circular driveway until it comes across a pair of legs and feet. They’re the legs of a man. [Insert Gerard. <33] His suit is black, down to every detail, except for the red pinstripes that go down the pants legs. His feet are docked with your average (but shiny @u@) black dress shoes. All you can hear is silence and his footstep walking up the driveway, to the marble steps that lead up to the house. He gets to the front door, which is wide open.

That’s when the camera pans up and you get a side view of Gerard. He has on his aviator sunglasses; he’s drastically pale. Because, well, that’s just how he rolls. After a moment’s glance at the barren entryway, he begins to walk again. (The echoing of his footsteps would have changed because of the new density of the marble floors. ^_^ It’s supposed to be haunting, or… something.)

Suddenly, a sound of glass breaking.
A shriek.
The camera jerks to Gerard’s face, which is painted with a half-smirk.
Silence.
Then, lyrics.

He calls the mansion not a house, but a tomb,
He's always choking from the stench and the fume,
The wedding party all collapsed in the room,
So send my resignation to the bride and the groom.

Distinct sound of wedding bells.
The camera zooms quickly through hallways among hallways, trying to find the source of the noise.

Let's go down!
This elevator only goes up to ten,
He's not around,
He's always looking at men.
Down by the pool,
He doesn't have many friends,
As they are,
Face down and bloated
snap a shot with the lens!

Finally, it lands in a large and darrkkk (emo) room. From the back, it looks like there’s a wedding going on. You can see the bride and the groom in front of a pulpit. But, at second glance, you notice that all the guests are slumped in their seats.

Dead.

The camera moves in, slowly, tracing over each victim without showering their faces. It then comes to a stop when it gets to a large man (whose face you never see), wearing black and red priests robes. He’s holding two goblets, bubbling with a substance that you automatically assume is some sort of toxin if you ever took chemistry. o_O

He hands one to the groom. (Whose back is still turned.)
One to the bride. (Whose back is still turned.)
The camera slowly backs up and turns, bringing into shot a sickly pale man, with long straggly black hair and red circles under his eyes.
Though he looks so grim, he wears a smile.
Next to him stands his bride, dressed in a long flowing (lace~) black wedding dress that stands out against her china white porcelain face, her heavy eyeliner, and her stark red hair.
Her eyes are emerald green; cold.

If you marry me,
Would you bury me?
Would you carry me,
To the end?

The goblets (not pimp goblets, mind you) draw closer to the groom’s lips, as with the bride’s, and being the man – he fatefully takes the first gulp.
His eyes go blank as he sips back the poison, and with a side glance, realization kicks in.

His bride to be has already let go of him, sitting down her goblet, and is walking back down the isle with the priest at her side.
They’re walking towards Gerard who sits in the shadows (only his face lit by his burning cigarette), as he continues to sing.

(Say goodbye)
To the vows you take,
(Say goodbye)
To the life you make,
(Say goodbye)
To the hearts you break,
And all the cyanide you drank.

The groom falls dead to the floor, his arm extended.
The diamond wedding ring he intended to give to his bride slips out of his fingers and rolls down the blood stained isles towards her.
She stoops, picks it up, and carries it out as they leave.

(Now I ain’t sayin’ she’s a gold digger… >_>Wink

Basically, I figured I’d just type up the first part and b.s. it from there.
Hopefully, you know how the rest of the song goes. o_o If not: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/To-the-End-lyrics-My-Chemical-Romance/EBB2435B688D837348256EB40011BA62

Through the video, you see glimpses (in black and white; but some are in color) of the men she’s tricked into giving her the luxury life if she would marry them.

And, every time, she’d figure out a way to get him to kill himself / she would kill him and the wedding attendees. But, she still gets to keep all of his money and wealth. Because, she's a black widow and forced him to put her in his will. <3 So her and her honey (Gerard) can live the good life. MMM, GIRL.

The last scene is of her and Gerard riding off together into the night.
As they drive, he looks at her (while still managing to keep his eyes on the road? Very Happy SAFETY FIRST!) and says,

To the end.

AND I AM FINISHED. O.O; So, yeah. That was obese when it didn’t have to be, but it’s helping me sort of piece my story together. ^__^ ‘kay, thanks. Hope you enjoyed! =X Yes, I realize that I didn’t include the rest of the band, and that it may not be the most realistic story in the world. But we can stick them in there, somewhere, and realism is for suckers. ^u^
ShrunkenHeart
Fabulous Killjoy
ShrunkenHeart
April 29th, 2006 at 12:52am
VelvetRose:
[Large ass amount of text here.]

That was amazing, V. Smile You take after me with the long-ass description! Great job.
VelvetRose
Killjoy
VelvetRose
April 29th, 2006 at 12:53am
ShrunkenHeart:
VelvetRose:
[Large ass amount of text here.]

That was amazing, V. Smile You take after me with the long-ass description! Great job.

Aww, thanks. I tried. Haha.