Don't have an account? Create one!

Marilyn Manson

AuthorMessage
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
September 8th, 2007 at 03:12pm
Undermychemoath:
Something about Manson that always strikes me is that he believes that My Chem rip off his sound. Now can someone tell me how the hell they do that? I just don't see much of a resemblance. Gee sort of has a similar makeup pattern, but nothing else. They are so unique to each other. That ties in to my second point: Manson is one of the most talented people alive on this planet. He is such a skilled songwriter, and he understands people. On the down side however, I don't approve one bit of his lifestyle(or hatred towards MCR for that matter). A lot of Christians give him heat too. But hey I'm a Christian and I love him lol. Though what he believes about anger and hell and stuff may not be true, he does sing from his own character, his own pain, his own experiences. Now that is one thing he has in common with My Chemical Romance.

Well I mean... Manson's never actually claimed that though has he?
And I really don't think he would - and more to the point, I think if he thought that was true, he would just say so. I mean, it's not like he's afraid to enrage people is he? LOL.

Anyways, I do agree with you about him being a talent songwriter.
I also think he's a very intelligent man. He really knows how to market what he's done and make people pay attention to him.

I've read his book a couple of times now & was shocked at some of the things that were written in there - I later found out that some of the stuff was completely untrue and designed just to shock people... So I guess you can't take everything he says word for word.
m45tq
Awake and Unafraid
m45tq
September 8th, 2007 at 03:35pm
Yes, Marilyn Manson has said that MCR's ripping him off.
He wrote a song about them called 'Mutilation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery". It's pretty stupid, in my opinion. I don't see many similarities in the way they look (just the make up thing, really.) and I sure as hell don't hear similarities in their sound.

And I like a few of his songs, but he irritates me as a person.
WOT.
Banned
WOT.
September 8th, 2007 at 06:58pm
I Love Marilyn Manson

He's so nice. His song's just rock
His makeup is great, and hes just so talented
my chemical romance.
Banned
my chemical romance.
September 8th, 2007 at 07:25pm
I like Manson's music, but I really don't like him, himself, basically.
Undermychemoath
Killjoy
Undermychemoath
September 9th, 2007 at 01:29am
[quote="x-Hail Of Bullets-x"]
Undermychemoath:
I've read his book a couple of times now & was shocked at some of the things that were written in there - I later found out that some of the stuff was completely untrue and designed just to shock people... So I guess you can't take everything he says word for word.

what did his book say that wasn't true, just curious. because a lot of times i dont understand what hes talking about. at one point i thought he was a hardcore satanist, but ive been hearing that he doesnt believe in the devil either, so i really dont know.
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
September 9th, 2007 at 03:00pm
Undermychemoath:
x-Hail Of Bullets-x:

what did his book say that wasn't true, just curious. because a lot of times i dont understand what hes talking about. at one point i thought he was a hardcore satanist, but ive been hearing that he doesnt believe in the devil either, so i really dont know.

Well he is actually IS a 'hardcore' Satanist, but Satanists most definately DONT believe in the devil - it's a common misconception, but they don't believe the devil exists at all.

Just alot of things in his book didn't make much sense & it didn't seem really believable when I was reading it. For instance, this thing about his best friends brother sacrificing animals in the woods near his house. It just sorta seemed too farfetched and it was all bullshit.
But I stand stand by he is a very intelligent man. Especially after seeing him on Bowling for Columbine, I really think he has some really good ideas about reality, even though he doesn't seem to be in it most of the time, and the way the world works.
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
September 9th, 2007 at 03:02pm
new york cassie.:
Yes, Marilyn Manson has said that MCR's ripping him off.
He wrote a song about them called 'Mutilation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery". It's pretty stupid, in my opinion. I don't see many similarities in the way they look (just the make up thing, really.) and I sure as hell don't hear similarities in their sound.

And I like a few of his songs, but he irritates me as a person.

Haha, I think that's just pretty funny actually, that that songs about it.
I mean, I think it's pretty world known that most MCR fans are pretty hardcore about it and will arch up at any diss at the band.
I would say it's most likely just taking the piss... but who knows.
followill.
In The Murder Scene
followill.
September 9th, 2007 at 05:31pm
He's scary...Shocked

Muffins Are

The Just Ugly

CUPCAKES...!?

Smiley
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
September 10th, 2007 at 12:59am
Voo_Doo...Princess!:
He's scary...Shocked

O.O Careful what you say.

I haven't really listened to him much. But I do know that I lovedlovedloved his cover of This is Halloween.
I loved it a lot.
And people that hate him just because he was bashing My Chem, chill. He doesn't really hate them, and he said that song is not about them. He's just keeping up his image. Take a breather, it'll be OKAY.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
September 10th, 2007 at 01:18am
mansons music rocks but i hate his attitude.
i mean seriously why are you gonna rant on a band then write a pathetic song about it. (hahah that made me laugh)
sounds silly dosent it well he's doing it not me

brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
September 10th, 2007 at 04:42am
i don't like him at all. in my opinion, he sounds like he's on crack sometimes. but i guess everyone does... oh well.

i just think it's funny how much he hates MCR. so does my sister and dad. my mom thinks he's gross. my dad does like his music alright, but otherwise, no one in my family likes him. i always thought he was weird.
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
September 10th, 2007 at 04:48am
people are going to dislike each other in the music industry.
saying people ripped off ideas and what not.
nothing is original anymore anyways.
meh.
i really like manson.
my parents think his a freak.
but thats just him.

oh and helena0017
sig...flyleaf. love that song.
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
September 10th, 2007 at 12:58pm
helena0017:
in my opinion, he sounds like he's on crack sometimes.

Uh... it's more than possible that he IS on crack haha.
Aphex Hanna
Bulletproof Heart
Aphex Hanna
September 10th, 2007 at 02:50pm
I don't think manson's ever said straight out that "mutilation.." is about MCR, just about bands that belong to a certain scene and does things he did years ago claiming its brand new. MCR happen to be one of the biggest bands assosiated with that scene and he used them as an example somewhere.

crack? nort sure.. cocaine though.....
xD
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
September 16th, 2007 at 02:19pm
I like his music. I think it's great.

I can't really say anything about his personality because I've only really seen one interview of him. But from the one I saw he seemed to be cool. He was pretty funny actually.

As far as I know he said that 'mutilation...' was about bands that did copy off him. Not neccessarily MCR.

But who cares? MCR and The Used have been going at it for years but people are fans of both bands. Why can't it be the same with MCR and Marilyn Manson?
Aphex Hanna
Bulletproof Heart
Aphex Hanna
September 16th, 2007 at 05:22pm
^
amen
TwilightVampire
Killjoy
TwilightVampire
September 19th, 2007 at 11:50pm
2 years...and marilyn manson(lead singer,not the band) will be 40...and he looks so young too.
ever_after
Killjoy
ever_after
September 20th, 2007 at 02:01pm
Manson's music is awesome, but sometimes his attitude freaks me out. But he is 'smart' about what he does and he attracts attention; good or bad. I hate how people just hate him based on his image though, and they don't take the time to listen to his music. Sad
Undermychemoath
Killjoy
Undermychemoath
September 22nd, 2007 at 01:30am
x-Hail Of Bullets-x:
helena0017:
in my opinion, he sounds like he's on crack sometimes.

Uh... it's more than possible that he IS on crack haha.

by the way which book are u speaking of? his biography?
blablabla12345667
Salute You in Your Grave
blablabla12345667
September 22nd, 2007 at 12:32pm
I LOVE Maryilyn Manson Very Happy I'm going to his concert in OctoberVery Happy Woo!!