Don't have an account? Create one!

Aussie Bands...

AuthorMessage
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
March 31st, 2008 at 02:11am

Yep, it was last years Come Together where I saw them xD
I didn't even realise until a couple of days ago.

I had a feeling they were playing this year, but couldn't remember which day lol.
That's awesome they're on the same day as TLE, because that's the day I got tickets to xD
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
March 31st, 2008 at 03:55am
Haha, you have to scream 'hell yeah' extra loud for me! I was the YouTube video of Think at last years Come Together festival on YouTube quite recently. It's the only decent video there, the rest are all digital camera videos. That video made me lol, I haven't ever heard him sing that many correct lyrics in that song for ages. He always changes lyrics to whatever he feels like. xD

Seriously, if they don't play Dionysian soon I will scream. I haven't heard it since February last year, and that was at the gig they recorded for the live album. It's my favourite song and it's the ONLY song they have that I haven't heard played since. I've heard every othger old song and every other new song since. *headdesk*

... I was so tempted to ask Zeke to play it when I met him, but I was too shy. xDD
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
April 4th, 2008 at 01:14am
... Everyone needs to take the time to listen to Deez Nuts.
Such quality hardcore rap. Seriously.
Lyrics are the funniest shit ever, especially in the song 'Sex Sells'.
-prods signature-
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
April 20th, 2008 at 04:18am
Mammal Tour Diary Part 2 - NSW

Seriously. Watch it. Died laughing. I don't wanna spoil it by quoting it, but Zeke's TBE joke killed me. And when they're taking off Cribs. Bahaha.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
April 20th, 2008 at 04:39am

Sharing Space by Cog is fucking amazing.
As is Apocalypso by The Presets.

If anybody is looking for something new to listen to, I really recommend those albums, they're soooo good!
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
May 6th, 2008 at 12:10am
Sooo, Mammal announced a new tour this morning. I was gonna copy and paste the dates, but I'll kill the tours thread. So go here. Seriously, you should all go see them. Cause they kick arse live.

Also, LOL @ this part in their last email:
Two songs in particular aim to shock and early signs seem to be positive. We had two of our friends walk out of the studio and exclaim, "that's disgusting" as Zeke was laying down vocals for punk/two-step number "Clear Enough". Eric our producer has informed us that he will have to mix a couple of songs during the day when his son is out of the house. The question is will you be able to handle "Clear Enough" and "The Majority"?

LMAO. The thing is, I heard Clear Enough live and I don't remember the lyrics being that shocking. Having said that, all I remember is "have I painted a portrait or picture that's clear enough?" I can't wait to hear it. I'm soooo glad that album is finished. Their first album (excluding the live one). Eeep.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 6th, 2008 at 01:03am

Yay!
I'm going to the Katoomba one, because:
a) Nobody good ever comes to the Blue Mountains
b) I actually like Mammal
c) Periah are supporting! Yayness, I love them!

Edit;
Lulz, I was looking at the rest of the dates, and I saw that they were supporting Grinspoon,
& I got all excited, then realised it isn't even in NSW xD
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
May 6th, 2008 at 04:21am
Hahaha, good one!

There's like a billion shows in NSW lol. Why are all the Vic shows (apart from the one I already have tickets to) in Ballarat and Geelong? akjhfkjhfgjhgfj I can't complain seeing as thought I've seen them something like 9 or 10 times, and we get shows all the time, but still! Unfair.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
May 6th, 2008 at 08:40am
The Galvatrons.
awesome band.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
May 9th, 2008 at 03:03am
The Hot Lies are awesome!

I think I read somewhere that Parkway Drive were Australian?
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 9th, 2008 at 03:08am

Yeah, they're from Byron Bay (:
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
May 10th, 2008 at 09:02am
Awesome. I love them. ^_^

They're great to fall asleep to.
Shifty2
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
May 11th, 2008 at 12:47am
I heaps never shut up about them, but I find this funny. At A7X I was wearing my Mammal tee. And the chick next to me was wearing one. And the chick in front of us was wearing a Mammal singlet. So it looked like there were Mammal tees everywhere. In reality, we were probably the only 3 people in the whole venue wearing them and just coincidentally standing near each other. But I'll pretend like they wre everywhere haha.

But the best bit was when we went to the bar and my bf got a drink for us and the chick goes to me "Are you going to HiFi?" Took me a second to work out that she was referring to my tee and their single launch. So we started fangirling. And then the other guy behind the bar was like "What's this about HiFi?" And she's like "Mammal! Dude, they're amazing, you have to go see them."

I'm like so happy that they're getting so popular. And much as I'm like "Nuuuu, they're mine!" I'm still happy.
differant.
Shotgun Sinner
differant.
May 13th, 2008 at 04:34am
STARLIGHT RAYGUN!!!

seriously, check them out.
myspace.com/starlightraygun
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 13th, 2008 at 05:15am

Ahahah, that's so awesome Rhiannon!
Are they a Melbourne band? I have no idea, I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to them...

I've convinced a friend to come with me to see them though, yay!
Not like they really have any reason to not go though, it's local, and it's only like $10 hahaha
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
May 13th, 2008 at 06:27am
Yep, they're a Melbourne band. Which is why I've seen them like 5248794125416874 times. Actually, it's more like 9ish. Which is pathetic. I've had heaps more opportunities to see them, but have missed out for one reason or another. Like exams. Or my bf goes 'parking is too expensive, we'll see them another time.' Neutral

Yay for convincing your friend! How awesome is it when bands are still cheap like that? I think the most expensive they've ever been is like $20.

[EDIT] HAHAHAHA. They have a Wiki page. They never used to have one. Oh they've so made it now haha. I'm reading it going "I know... I know... I was there... I know..."

I was on Wiki researching Australian birds. Somehow, one thing led to another and I discovered that.
Pansy.
Always Born a Crime
Pansy.
May 13th, 2008 at 06:31am
I saw Mammal once, it was my first ever show i went to xD
I went 'cause my mums new boyfriend liked Butterfly Effect.
I loved them for a night, bought their 5 song EP, and then never listened to them again lol.
I like their logo thing, with the whale tail and stuff.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
May 13th, 2008 at 06:46am
Teehee. Their logo is my favourite thing ever. And I can't hear TBE without thinking of Zeke's uber lame "I can't believe it's not Butterfly Effect" joke.

Honestly, if I had of heard their EP first, I probably never would have seen them again. The quality is pretty average. I saw them 4 times before I got the EP, so I was already in love with them. When I heard the EP I was mega disappointed, but I got used to it.

OH, and another random story. We went out for dinner on Friday night and I was reading the wine menu simply to avoid a question, and the second sentence in the description said "Yeah we know what you're thinking." I died laughing. If you know their song Think you'll get that.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 13th, 2008 at 08:43am
i've heard of Mammal's name thrown around here and there...nothing really stuck out when i listened to them, maybe i'd need some convincing to check them out again?

btw, I only realised Blunt is Australian when I bought the latest issue! so more for Australian hardcore/metal bands which is awesome.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
May 13th, 2008 at 08:55am
Check them out live. :p *convinces*

Also, my friends boyfriend's band, Sons of Abraham, is in need of some pimping. So Pimppimppimppimppimp.

I'm seeing them on Friday. I don't even know how good they are, my computer wont even allow me to hear them on MySpace lol. Alas, my work here is done.