Don't have an account? Create one!

Aussie Bands...

AuthorMessage
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 1st, 2009 at 04:13am
So, I know there were a few Mammalians here, so in case you haven't heard - Mammal is no more.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 2nd, 2009 at 08:54pm
=O WHY? What happened?
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 4th, 2009 at 07:34am
Apparently, I wasn't the only one getting pissed off with Zeke. The rest of the band apparently cracked it.

This was the official statement:

“Due to long standing personal, political, musical and business differences, Mammal has decided it cannot continue and is no more…

Ezekiel Ox will be releasing the debut album for his folk/rock outfit THE OX AND THE FURY early 2010, as well as continuing to work with super-producer and long time friend Forrester Savell on their new incarnation SMASH NOVA. He will also continue his activist work with Musicians Against Police Violence (MAPV) and Melbourne Copwatch.

Pete, Nick and Zane will continue to work together with a new project scheduled for 2010.

We would like to thank all of our families and friends for all their love and support over these last 4 years. We would also like to give thanks and love to all the great bands we have had the pleasure of sharing the stage with, in particular Cog – a big thank you for giving us our start.
But most importantly we wish to thank the fans for their unbelievably loyal and heartfelt support which gave us the opportunity to play some amazing shows, to release our records and travel the world. We will never forget these times.

Peace, Love and Music.
Mammal”

I've seen it coming for a while now. It is such a long story, but with how Zeke has been lately, it was just a time bomb. I saw what may have been that last Mammal show ever (we're not sure if they played the WA show after) and Zeke had this big spiel mid-set, asking us if we wanted Mammal top keep writing songs, or break up. Then, more than ever, I felt it coming, but figured they'd sort their shit out. Apparently not.

However, things got REALLY juicey tonight when Zeke started playing the blame game:

Good Afternoon,

Well it's been a huge shock to everyone watching Mammal fizzle out into nothing. No one was more upset than me that the other members cancelled our final Aussie shows. It was a shitty way to end a great band, threats of lawsuits, no communication and our fans left wondering: why? Such a punk rock cliche from a band that was anything but.

But at times like these is is important to remember what has been there for you all along, and for me that has been the Fury.

Moving into it's 7th year, with one extremely rare (soon to be re-pressed) album under our belts, and another album "Guitars Die In Hot Cars" recorded and being released in April next year, The Ox and the Fury will now have a chance to take centre stage.

I invite all of you to come to the Northcote Social Club on Saturday the 28th of November, to see me alone on stage with my guitar and my songs. My good friends the Tim McMillan band will be there, and I will be playing from the heart and soul, I hope to see you all there.

Check out the film clip for "We'll Never Know" @:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5d4-WBt89M

All the best

Ezekiel

And so it starts!
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 4th, 2009 at 10:48pm
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH. Terrible.
yoseob.
Bleeding on the Floor
yoseob.
April 20th, 2010 at 03:09am
I think ever teenage girl knows Short Stack.