Don't have an account? Create one!

RULES for the discussion board. READ BEFORE YOU POST.

AuthorMessage
Wednesday Addams
Salute You in Your Grave
Wednesday Addams
May 13th, 2007 at 04:28am
Where did the vegan/vegetarian thread go?
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
May 13th, 2007 at 04:59am
Wednesday Addams:
Where did the vegan/vegetarian thread go?

Got deleted I think. I don't know why though. Proberly spam.
technicolor.
Demolition Lover
technicolor.
May 17th, 2007 at 05:45pm
Question 1: Theres not an evolution thread is there(i searched but i didn't find one)?
Question 2: Is it a big enough subject to have its own thread?
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
May 17th, 2007 at 11:04pm
That depends on what about evolution you discuss.
If it is how people evolved, evolution vs religion, the theory of evolution, etc,
it should be big enough for its own topic.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
May 22nd, 2007 at 11:43pm
I've actually been wondering for a while now if it would be appropriate to suggest a new rule be added....
Of course, I'm a nobody so feel free to tell me I'm out of line with this one, but I can't help but feel there would be a lot more productive discussion, as well as less trouble/argument/refuting statements, if it were made a rule that posters must read every single post on a discussion before adding their own input.
I just see a lot of people who've obviously jumped in on the last page and added an opinion or statement that has not only already been posted by 3408235 different users, but usually has been argued to death, or proven untrue, and I just feel that if people were asked to read all posts before jumping in, there might be less frustration among members who've taken the time to read the whole discussion and are tired of seeing the same two-sentence statement made over and over by people who think they're the first people to come up with it.
Besides, from my experience on other messageboards, it's mandatory to read a whole thread before posting, and I figure that if I can take the time and have the courtesy to read 10 pages of a discussion, and then decide whether my input is necessary or whether it's been covered by others and therefore I don't need to post, then everybody else should be asked to as well.

As I said, if you guys feel it would be too difficult to ask of people to do that, that's fine. I just thought I'd suggest it and see how it went.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
May 23rd, 2007 at 12:05am
The only problem with that, Dee, is that it would be one of the easiest rules to break.

There would be no real way to enforce it, unless an admin decided
to do some coding so that it is not possible to post unless a user has visited
all pages of the thread, and I get the impression that that is not only difficult and
time consuming, but would also be easy to get around, as the person can just
keep clicking "next", and have "visited" all the pages, but not read any of the posts.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
May 23rd, 2007 at 01:40am
Yeah, that's why I figured it was kind of pointless to make it a rule...
I just get irritated that I take the time to determine what's already been covered, but nobody else does Sad
Oh well, just something I'll have to live with, I guess Smile
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
May 23rd, 2007 at 01:54am
It might help to add it to the list of rules anyway, or as a note that out of courtesy to the other users, please read the posts before you to see if your opinion has already been covered etc, etc. At least a few people would take the time, and even if they didn't read the whole thread, reading the last few posts before them would certainly eliminate some of the repeated comments.

And also, is there any way of enforcing that people read the rules before they post?
Maybe sending people the rules from the noob board with activation email? That would at least help with the chatspeak bit.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
May 23rd, 2007 at 02:34am
Personally, I believe the first 200 posts on anyone's account
should be restricted to The INO chamber, the noobs area, and the story/poetry boards.

But that is just me.

I'm not sure there is a way to make sure the noobs read the rules.
Again, they can always just click on it then leave, so that it registers that
they were on that page, but they didn't actually read any of it.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
May 23rd, 2007 at 03:56am
Fezzik:
It might help to add it to the list of rules anyway, or as a note that out of courtesy to the other users, please read the posts before you to see if your opinion has already been covered etc, etc. At least a few people would take the time, and even if they didn't read the whole thread, reading the last few posts before them would certainly eliminate some of the repeated comments.

Yeah, that was the other option I was thinking of... even if it can't be policed, if members were made aware that it was requested of them, the majority (or I'd like to think the majority lol) would at least do it as a courtesy thing to help everyone else out.
HU4L
Jazz Hands
HU4L
May 26th, 2007 at 07:35pm
can i post about movies here?
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 26th, 2007 at 07:42pm
oma656:
can i post about movies here?

You should do that in the INO chamber.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
May 26th, 2007 at 07:42pm
^Like, a "Let's talk about this or that movie" thread? Then no. That goes in the INO Chamber (but check to make sure that whatever movie you want to discuss isn't already a thread).
Edit: Late. ><
Helena and Hearts
Jazz Hands
Helena and Hearts
June 3rd, 2007 at 02:51pm
>double post<
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
June 4th, 2007 at 11:09am
bloodredruby69:
Personally, I believe the first 200 posts on anyone's account
should be restricted to The INO chamber, the noobs area, and the story/poetry boards.

Hail
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
June 8th, 2007 at 01:50pm
Erm, is there a bi-racial/mixed race thread? And no, I don't mean the different race relationship thread (I got enough stick on that thread Rolling Eyes)
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
June 8th, 2007 at 03:22pm
Mixed Race/Bi-racial doesn't need its own thread, it can be
discussed in the Racism thread.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
June 8th, 2007 at 04:37pm
Fine then Rolling Eyes
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
June 10th, 2007 at 03:12am

does anyone know where my young hollywood thread went ?

Marek Angel of Reven
Killjoy
Marek Angel of Reven
June 11th, 2007 at 04:35pm
Suh WEET...this place is awesome!!