Don't have an account? Create one!

Abortions.

AuthorMessage
Invincible.
Awake and Unafraid
Invincible.
August 15th, 2006 at 05:36am
I'm proabortion.
Women should have the right to do whatever they want with their bodies. They should be more careful yes, but still, many pregnencies(sp) are unwanted. With all the job losses in today's world, some women just can't afford it. It would basically put them on the streets!
I personally think abortion is better than putting the child up for adoption. There are so many needy people in this world anyway =(
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
August 15th, 2006 at 07:31am
brentx08:
Abortions are wrong/sinfull/sick. It may not seem like it, but it's just the same as going up to someone and killing them (if the baby is born or un-born).

It depends on the stage of the pregnancy, and when you view life to begin. It's only after a certain about of weeks (I can't remember how many) that a baby- well, foetus, embryo- develops lungs or a heart. And before that time, it's basically just a bundle of undeveloped cells, which some people wouldn't define as human yet. So it's not really the same as going up to a person in the street and killing them because they're a walking, talking, living, breathing human being with a personality whereas an unborn baby in the earlier stages of development is just a load of matter.

brentx08:
It's just a way for people to get out of having a baby when they shouldn't have gotten themself in the situation in the first place. Just don't get yourself in that situation.

And if a woman is raped and falls pregnant and wants an abortion, is that just her trying to get out of having responsibilty?
gabbagabbahey
Jazz Hands
gabbagabbahey
August 16th, 2006 at 02:03pm
i agree with what some of you say that the mother should pay the consequences of having unprotected sex. they even always have the option of putting the kid up for adoption. they dont have to kill another human being just because they dont want it.
xxxShotgunxSinnerxxx
Motor Baby
xxxShotgunxSinnerxxx
August 16th, 2006 at 02:10pm
I am against them but if people have a logical, i mean LOGICAL real reason to get one then there is no problem or if the pregnancy isn't far long enough for and actual child to be growing inside
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
Motor Baby
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
August 18th, 2006 at 04:56pm
It's only because i'm a catholic that i beleive that abortions are wrong - it's still killing a life form, a very young life that could live a full and happy life if given an oppotunity.
Darkened Angel
Salute You in Your Grave
Darkened Angel
August 19th, 2006 at 09:18am
100% for it, yes the parents should be responsible when having sex, but if I were to get raped I sure as hell wouldn't want to give birth to that child, it'd take a lot of strength to look at it and not be reminded of the person who raped me. Or if the mother had a chance of dying during pregnancy then it should be up to her and her doctor. I agree with abortion only if there's a good reason for it.
ilovegfmbr
Killjoy
ilovegfmbr
August 22nd, 2006 at 07:47pm
i think it should only be allowed under dire circumstances, other than that, if you have sex, you are agreeing to accept the consequences of your actions, whether a condom broke, or you try rhythm method whatever, it isn't the babies fault, it didn't ask to be conceived, so give it a chance....it could grow up to be the one to cure the disease you have...cancer, aids, lupus etc. do you relly want to be the one who prevented something great? Exclamation
HarlequinDoll
Thinking Happy Thoughts
HarlequinDoll
August 22nd, 2006 at 08:02pm
I am pro-abortion.

If a woman, or a couple, decide that it would be for the best to not have a child, well then, that is their choice. If they are not ready for a child or do not believe that they would be able to adequately care for a child, they should have the choice.

In the first trimester, the child is, as someone here said before, basically a bundle of blank cells which can grow to be almost any of the cells in a functioning human body, also known as stem cells. Hence the reason why stem cell research is heavily dependant upon aborted fetuses. I also support stem cell research, because of the potential to cure paralysis.

In the end, I think that it all comes down to the belief of when life really starts. Some believe that it begins when the sperm meets the egg. Some think that the fetus is rally alive when its heart starts beating. And still others believe that the child cannot be considered a viable human being, alive, until it is born.

In some tribes, and especially in very early times, a child was not considered to be alive and actually human until they were marked and numbered as one of the tribe. At any time up to that point, the mother could destroy the infant without guilt, because it was not really "alive" yet.

All arguments stem from belief. Therefore, how can one be considered right and another wrong, if the two arguments stem from different belief?
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
August 23rd, 2006 at 09:31am
It should be a woman's decision,unless it absolutly has to be done. (i.e.-too young to raise,no money to raise ect)

Pretty mych what you guys have been saying.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
August 23rd, 2006 at 01:27pm
For me, it reall depends on the situation.

If you are some slut who has unprotected sex with any schmo, and think abortion is some sick form of birth control, then I am against it. I think in that case they should either put the baby up for adoption.

But if the woman was, lets say, raped, and psychologically they can't have this baby, then I am for it. I couldn't even begin to get into the psychological damage that having your rapists baby would cause.

Also, if the pregnancy dangerous to the mother, then I am for it once again.

Overall, it is the womans right to choose, but personally if I was too get pregnant now, at 18, I would probably keep the baby. But I think the best way anyone can prevent having to make this decision, is to use the proper protection, and stop making sex something thats soo taboo.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
August 26th, 2006 at 07:45pm
gabbagabbahey:
i agree with what some of you say that the mother should pay the consequences of having unprotected sex. they even always have the option of putting the kid up for adoption. they dont have to kill another human being just because they dont want it.

The consequences of rape and incest should be forced on the mother?
And, from what ive gathered, there are already more than enough orphans in the world, and its just troublesome to add more ophans into overfilled adoption centers [or wherever orphans live until adopted].
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
August 26th, 2006 at 07:56pm
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:
gabbagabbahey:

The consequences of rape and incest should be forced on the mother?
And, from what ive gathered, there are already more than enough orphans in the world, and its just troublesome to add more ophans into overfilled adoption centers [or wherever orphans live until adopted].

But does that mean people deserve any less of a chance at life?.
It isn't the fault of the baby that it may or may not be born into an overpopulated area.
Unholy Matrimony.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Unholy Matrimony.
August 31st, 2006 at 10:50pm
im 50/50. i think you shouldnt have abortions unless it would ruin your life, and make your baby's life miserable, or if (lets say a teen-ager [about 13] was pregnant) the mom is too young, and had a 100% chance of dying in labor.

but if the mom doesnt want the baby because she's lazy, then im just going to hit her (in my mind...O,O). its her fault for not having birth control.
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
September 2nd, 2006 at 03:26pm
im not a pro or against abprtion but i think its a matter of choice,especially in special cases like rape.

i've seen the process of abortion in one of my medical class.tehy have this woman anaesthethized and some saline solution will be injected inside the uterus to "drown" the foetus.then a surgical saw is inserted and the foetus will be cut into pieces and be suck out using a vacuum machine,leaving only the head inside the mother's uterus. then,the foetus head will be punctured and the brain will be sucked out and the head will be flattened so that it can move through the vaginal canal.the process is complete when the doctor said "okay,number 1 is out" with number 1 referring to the foetus' head.

its a really gruesome thing to go through.imagine a live baby being drowned and cut into pieces.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
September 2nd, 2006 at 08:38pm
justin pierre.
Awake and Unafraid
justin pierre.
September 3rd, 2006 at 06:03pm
NicoleOnAPlane:
TayTay**:
Abortion is Murder, I think that it is wrong!

So if a 12 year old girl is raped by her father, she has to have the baby and raise it? Or she can always put it up for adoption or in a foster home so it can be moved around like the common cold. Then the child can suffer from serious mental and physical issues because it is inbred. There's a solution.

Abortion is murder. Thats true. Abortion should only be okay if you were raped, or if you're under say...18 at the latest. That seems fair to me. Iunno bout you guys but Im stating my opinion.
hmmm
Motor Baby
hmmm
September 4th, 2006 at 06:03am
i shudder at the thought of abortion.....
it's wrong....

i /can/ understand that if someone was raped or something it wouldn't be their fault or lack of responsibility or someting. so i can see where they're coming from.

but if it could have been avoided....then that's just cruel
marla singer.
Salute You in Your Grave
marla singer.
September 4th, 2006 at 06:13am
It's the mothers choice.
I mean, if someone was raped, would they really want to keep the baby?
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
September 5th, 2006 at 09:16am
it depends... i mean, the baby didnt do anything wrong so why kill it?
dunno
Killjoy
dunno
September 12th, 2006 at 11:32am
i'm not aganist abortion..its just something i wouldnt do..i do believe that women should have that choice, and that it shouldnt be taken away..BUT..for these women who go out fucking anything that will walk, and when they pregnant, want an abortion..no honey, your ass needs to learn how to keep your legs closed..it just really pisses me off with some women who have loose morals who want to kill their unborn child, because they are a WHORE..

i think adoption would be a better option..in some cases..there are many people who cant have kids, and are able to give the care and love to a child..but..sometimes this can be damaging to a child if they are tossed from home to home, if they are not adopted when they are a baby..and also..some children adopted, are brought into abusive homes with people that are supposed to take care of them...

its hard to say..i just think its better to let the kid have a chance instead of just killing the child..