Don't have an account? Create one!

Abortions.

AuthorMessage
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 30th, 2006 at 05:14pm
1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest; 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems regarding either the mother or child, and 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconvenient).
Disarm; Nicole
Salute You in Your Grave
Disarm; Nicole
May 30th, 2006 at 05:15pm
Yara:
1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest; 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems regarding either the mother or child, and 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconvenient).

That makes me really, really angry.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
May 30th, 2006 at 05:17pm
If abortions weren't legal, they would still happen, it would just be much more dangerous and lead to more deaths.
Disarm; Nicole
Salute You in Your Grave
Disarm; Nicole
May 30th, 2006 at 05:19pm
clarissa:
hah yeah, men shouldn't be making laws about something that won't affect them. maybe it's been legalised so men can get their horn on more often without the consequences of their secretary getting preggers.

Sorry, but that's really sexist. Believe it or not, there are intelligent, compassionate men out there.
dean moriarty.
Banned
dean moriarty.
May 30th, 2006 at 05:20pm
Kon-Foozed, JOEMAN!:
I don't have a solid opinion.
vale.
Shotgun Sinner
vale.
May 30th, 2006 at 05:25pm
Abortion should only be carried out if it is absolutely necessary. Just because you had a drunken one-night stand does not give you any reason to kill an unborn child. You were irresponsible and no one should have to pay for that except for you. Have the child and give it up for adoption.
Cases having to do with rape, incest, or the mother's health are different stories entirely.
intoxicated.
Always Born a Crime
intoxicated.
May 30th, 2006 at 05:28pm
I am all for abortions. I know if I found out I was pregnant I wouldn't want to keep the baby and I couldn't live with the idea of my child being taken care of by another. So, I totally feel it's a woman's right to choose.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
May 30th, 2006 at 05:29pm
LabelxDeathxOnlyxDefense:
Sorry, but that's really sexist. Believe it or not, there are intelligent, compassionate men out there.

yeah sorry, i didn't really mean it exactly. i find it difficult to be serious for a long period of time.
Caution! Toxic!
Shotgun Sinner
Caution! Toxic!
May 30th, 2006 at 05:33pm
I think women should be able to have an abortion if she chooses to. What is the point of bringing another mouth to feed into the world if the mother feels like she can not look after it, doesnt know who the father is or doesnt want a child then.

That child isnt going to get as much love and support that all children need if they were unwanted in the first place.

I'm pro-choice all the way.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
May 30th, 2006 at 05:37pm
Caution! Toxic!:
That child isnt going to get as much love and support that all children need if they were unwanted in the first place.

they might not get love at home, but that doesn't mean to say that they're doomed to never find love anywhere else. plenty of people are born 'mistakes' and lead happy lives. just because their life might not be as great as those of 'planned' children, doesn't mean they should be terminated.
Caution! Toxic!
Shotgun Sinner
Caution! Toxic!
May 30th, 2006 at 05:43pm
clarissa:
They might not get love at home, but that doesn't mean to say that they're doomed to never find love anywhere else. plenty of people are born 'mistakes' and lead happy lives. just because their life might not be as great as those of 'planned' children, doesn't mean they should be terminated.
But not being wanted at home is going to screw you up in the head quite a bit. I agree, some children can be very happy if they happened by accident but a lot of children that are born by suprise and are happy kids are kids that are born into already stable homes where the pregnancy just happened. In this case abortion is not needed, but if a drug addict was to fall pregnant and couldnt get rid of her child, what is going to happen to that child? Its not going to be happy or healthy and will probably go into care and care isnt 'care' at all.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
May 30th, 2006 at 06:00pm
Caution! Toxic!:
But not being wanted at home is going to screw you up in the head quite a bit. I agree, some children can be very happy if they happened by accident but a lot of children that are born by suprise and are happy kids are kids that are born into already stable homes where the pregnancy just happened. In this case abortion is not needed, but if a drug addict was to fall pregnant and couldnt get rid of her child, what is going to happen to that child? Its not going to be happy or healthy and will probably go into care and care isnt 'care' at all.

i agree that feeling unwanted isn't an ideal way to grow up. yeah many people who were born accidently probably are at more risk of psychological disorders, although i have no statistics or anything. but it really isn't a garauntee, and so i don't think it's grounds for termination. likewise, even if you're born to a stable home despite being an accident, that doesn't mean you're going to be mentally healthy.

i just think it's very difficult to predict what a child's life could be. however, i do agree that it is primarily the mother's choice but it affects her first. but i think you can't rule out the chance that someone can live a happy life despite the circumstances, you never know, they could surprise you. so to take away their option seems to me to be er presumptive, although i don't want to use that word.
Caution! Toxic!
Shotgun Sinner
Caution! Toxic!
May 30th, 2006 at 06:08pm
clarissa:
i agree that feeling unwanted isn't an ideal way to grow up. yeah many people who were born accidently probably are at more risk of psychological disorders, although i have no statistics or anything. but it really isn't a garauntee, and so i don't think it's grounds for termination. likewise, even if you're born to a stable home despite being an accident, that doesn't mean you're going to be mentally healthy.

i just think it's very difficult to predict what a child's life could be. however, i do agree that it is primarily the mother's choice but it affects her first. but i think you can't rule out the chance that someone can live a happy life despite the circumstances, you never know, they could surprise you. so to take away their option seems to me to be er presumptive, although i don't want to use that word.
I agree that you can not predict someones life before they are even born. All I'm saying is that I personally believe that is is wrong to deny a woman an abortion if that woman does not feel she could provide for that child as much as she could do. Abortion is never going to be easy, and I think people should think about using a condom to stop unwanted pregnancies, but if a teenager became pregnant by accident and could not terminate her pregnancy that basically ruined the rest of her young life as she is but a child herself still.

Though, in my opinion, most abortions could be stopped if people just used a condom. Its much easier than going through and paying for an abortion or raising a child.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
May 30th, 2006 at 06:22pm
Caution! Toxic!:
I agree that you can not predict someones life before they are even born. All I'm saying is that I personally believe that is is wrong to deny a woman an abortion if that woman does not feel she could provide for that child as much as she could do. Abortion is never going to be easy, and I think people should think about using a condom to stop unwanted pregnancies, but if a teenager became pregnant by accident and could not terminate her pregnancy that basically ruined the rest of her young life as she is but a child herself still.

Though, in my opinion, most abortions could be stopped if people just used a condom. Its much easier than going through and paying for an abortion or raising a child.

this is where i fail at abortion debates, i just get really pedantic so i'm sorry for that. but i have to take issue with the idea that pregnancy ruins a single woman's life. i mean, children can bring responsibilty and stability to a person's life. granted, it's damn difficult to be a single mum and i'm not dismissing that they shouldn't have the right to choose for themselves, seeing as they'll be the one with the split vagina. but i think that given the chance, any human being would want a shot at life, even if the odds are birth are looking slim. i mean, maybe the mother's situation improves as the child gets older: maybe the homeless mother gets a council house, the drug addict gets help in the early stages of her pregnancy, the rape victim somehow turns out to have enormous strength and is able to look at her child without feeling scared (yes that would have to be enormous strength.) but again i keep coming back to the same point that no matter how bad a situation psychologically/financially the mother's in during pregnancy, something might change. and personally, i think that if there was a slight chance of happiness in my life, i would want the chance to experience it. /rant

back to the condom thing, it always surprises me when they're not used and people are surprised to find theselves pregnant. even if it is only 99% accurate, might as well, mighnt you? maybe people just dont know enough about birth control
M!lly La Bam
Bleeding on the Floor
M!lly La Bam
May 30th, 2006 at 09:35pm
It's the mothers choice.
with.the.chemicals
Bleeding on the Floor
with.the.chemicals
May 30th, 2006 at 09:37pm
TayTay**:
Abortion is Murder, I think that it is wrong!
Mary; Without Sound
Salute You in Your Grave
Mary; Without Sound
May 30th, 2006 at 09:40pm
its_a_fucking_deathwish:
TayTay**:
Abortion is Murder, I think that it is wrong!

Agreed...
reinvent love.
Bulletproof Heart
reinvent love.
May 30th, 2006 at 09:44pm
It is the mother's choice. If she wants to kill her baby, then let her. But It is bad.
yourjustjealous.x
Salute You in Your Grave
yourjustjealous.x
May 30th, 2006 at 09:45pm
I'm 100% against them,
unless it's rape or any of that shit.

One of my friends told me that it doesnt matter how old or anything you are you should still get an abortion because children are evil. well, i think he's full of shit. he believes that when you have an abortion, the child is so young, that it's not an actual child and it's not possible to love it.
But he's full of it.
=)
no wonder his eyes are brown.
Teresa
Always Born a Crime
Teresa
May 30th, 2006 at 09:49pm
I'm kind of lean to Pro-Choice now.

I mean, I have no right to say you or any other woman in the world can or cannot have their child while it is in her womb.

I, and only I, have the right to make a choice of whether I would want to further into the pregnancy and give birth or have an abortion. They are my reproductive organs, and I believe I should have the choice of whether to keep what's growing inside of me or not.

And I think other women should have the right to choice whether to have an abortion or not.