Don't have an account? Create one!

Abortions.

AuthorMessage
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
May 30th, 2006 at 09:53pm
I think that in some certain circumstances, abortion is perfectly fine.
If a woman has been raped, then abortion should be considered.
However, if it is a selfish choice, like not wanting a child now, well why not put them up for adoption instead?
Also, if you cannot afford to bring up a child, then why have intercourse, knowing what the consequences could be?
However, it is a personal decision.
I don't think the government should become involved in it.
dearsami
Demolition Lover
dearsami
May 30th, 2006 at 09:54pm
Okay, well, before I was for it. The person should have their choice and whether or not they want the baby, right?
Not really.
My friend and me talked about it on the phone.
Really, it's usually the person's fault for getting pregnant. No matter if the condom broke, it's still your fault! You are always at risk. And, you are the one who chose to have sex; you should deal with the consequences.
But, than I thought, what if the person was raped?
If the person was raped, or something like that. I think they should have the choice.
But, remember, there is always the choice of adoption.
Echoes of Lost Hope
Salute You in Your Grave
Echoes of Lost Hope
May 30th, 2006 at 10:05pm
Sadly, it's the mother's body. She can do as she pleases, but I am really against killing an unborn child. Sure it may have been an unexpected mistake, but the baby shouldn't be punished for the mother's irresponsible actions. I watched a power point on the many procedures of abortions and I was appalled.
There are so many couples out there wanting children and unable to conceive and are willing to adopt babies. I think it's a selfish action that isn't fair to the child or the couples wanting children.
Of course, it may be hard to give up something that you gave birth to, but there are aggrements that eventhough the woman won't be the child's mother, it can still be apart of it's life. Abortion just makes me sad.
- paper lanterns
Fabulous Killjoy
- paper lanterns
May 30th, 2006 at 10:09pm
without.a.sound:
If abortions weren't legal, they would still happen, it would just be much more dangerous and lead to more deaths.

I agree.
Personally, I'm pro-choice. Based on the circumstances, the mother of the child should have a ability to decide what to do. As someone said previously, it's her body.
that drukq.
Always Born a Crime
that drukq.
May 30th, 2006 at 10:26pm
I don't really like the idea of killing an unborn child, but like many other people on this thread have said, there are valid reasons. And I agree with you Yara: women who use abortion as a sort of birth control are terribly stupid. That's rather infuriating, is it not? If you don't want to be pregnant, use proper protection.

However, if a woman is homeless or something as unfortunate as that, than I guess an abortion is the right way to go? I mean, for the sake of the child.
Rodjka
Killjoy
Rodjka
May 30th, 2006 at 10:34pm
I am against abortions. If you don't want to have a baby use contraception.
Echoes of Lost Hope
Salute You in Your Grave
Echoes of Lost Hope
May 30th, 2006 at 10:35pm
Incognito:
However, if a woman is homeless or something as unfortunate as that, than I guess an abortion is the right way to go? I mean, for the sake of the child.

But there are women's shelters that will help with that problem. They can keep the woman until she has her baby and make sure it goes to a good family if she decides not to keep it.
Besides, abortions cost money, if a woman is homeless and can afford an abortion then she wouldn't be homeless in the first place. Why waste money for food and spend it on killing a baby?
As for free abortion clinics, if there are any, it's too risky because they most likely don't have a legitimate doctor to do that sort of procedure and can possibly harm the woman.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 30th, 2006 at 10:38pm
xxxRoom_Of_Angelxxx:
Besides, abortions cost money, if a woman is homeless and can afford an abortion then she wouldn't be homeless in the first place. Why waste money for food and spend it on killing a baby?
As for free abortion clinics, if there are any, it's too risky because they most likely don't have a legitimate doctor to do that sort of procedure and can possibly harm the woman.

That's not true. Chas has a sliding fee, and VERY reliable doctors. The same goes for Planned Parenthood. Anyone, no matter social or economical status, is accepted.
that drukq.
Always Born a Crime
that drukq.
May 30th, 2006 at 10:39pm
xxxRoom_Of_Angelxxx:
But there are women's shelters that will help with that problem. They can keep the woman until she has her baby and make sure it goes to a good family if she decides not to keep it.

I'm not only talking about a woman being homeless. There are many other valid reasons. STD's for example; if the woman had some sort of STD, and she was having a child, then there would be a 90% chance that she would pass it on to her child. In that case, an abortion would probably be acceptable, would it not?
Echoes of Lost Hope
Salute You in Your Grave
Echoes of Lost Hope
May 30th, 2006 at 10:39pm
Yara:
That's not true. Chas has a sliding fee, and VERY reliable doctors. The same goes for Planned Parenthood. Anyone, no matter social or economical status, is accepted.

oh.. well I guess my health teacher is a dumbass because that is what she taught us in school. Unless she only said that to make us scared to have abortions and furthermore, have unprotected sex.
My school system sucked.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 30th, 2006 at 10:40pm
What if the woman has a disease, and if she has a child she will die, and the child might die too. What then?
Echoes of Lost Hope
Salute You in Your Grave
Echoes of Lost Hope
May 30th, 2006 at 10:42pm
If it puts both the mother's and the child's life at stake, then yes. But getting an abortion when you are perfectly healthy just so you won't be pregnant anymore is what I'm fully against.
xXxSugarcubexXx
Salute You in Your Grave
xXxSugarcubexXx
May 30th, 2006 at 11:04pm
Yara:
1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest; 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems regarding either the mother or child, and 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconvenient).

Hey,

I just saw this thread and since Im doing my Religion final project on abortion i thought I would read it....
and I was just wondering Yara were did you get this information it would really help me for my project, so if you have the site in which you got it I would really appreciate it if you could give it to me....

As for my opinion on abortion, I believe that in some cases it should be allowed like rape and incest....but if its being used as a birth control method im totally against it, people need to learn to take responsibility for their actions...
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 30th, 2006 at 11:05pm
xXxSugarcubexXx:
Yara:
1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest; 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems regarding either the mother or child, and 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconvenient).

and I was just wondering Yara were did you get this information it would really help me for my project, so if you have the site in which you got it I would really appreciate it if you could give it to me....

All abortion numbers are derived from pro-abortion sources courtesy of The Alan Guttmacher Institute and Planned Parenthood's Family Planning.
medea.
In The Murder Scene
medea.
May 30th, 2006 at 11:25pm
I think that only rape can justify abortion.

The doctors told my mother that I was supposed to be a miscarriage, and to abort as soon as possible. they also told her that if I do make it, I would probably be retarded.

And yet, I'm alive, and I am not mentally challenged.

Edit;; Yara brought up a brilliant point that has changed my mind. If it puts two lives at stake, then I think abortion is also justifiable.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
May 31st, 2006 at 06:51am
Crash:
The doctors told my mother that I was supposed to be a miscarriage, and to abort as soon as possible. they also told her that if I do make it, I would probably be retarded.

And yet, I'm alive, and I am not mentally challenged.

same thing with me. my mum was told i would be born with a mental disability but she went ahead anyway and i was fine.

i have learnt from this thread that all abortion cases should be judged individually.
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
May 31st, 2006 at 07:03am
Rodjka:
I am against abortions. If you don't want to have a baby use contraception.

And what about all those women who are raped?
Should they have more careful?
Maybe walk the streets with a male.
Or not go out at all.
That's fucking bullshit.
We as women, have just as much right as any man to go walking the streets without being scared shitless that we'll be raped or killed or anything like that.
Your statement has no basis at all. You could have stated your reasoning behind it a little more clearly.
My question to you is: If you were raped[if you are a guy, obviously not] or if a friend or family member was raped, would you keep/expect the person to keep the baby if they fell pregnant?
Everytime you looked at that child, you would see the person who raped you. And that is not the child's fault or anything like that, but we as women should have every right to not be in the position, to not have to explain to the child that was never wanted, and let face it, that may be the case, that their father is a spineless rapist who should be shot.
I take a lot of offence to that statement. If I or someone close to me was every raped[god forbid that from ever happening] and I/they fell pregnant, my first reation would be abortion straight away.
It's cockheads like you who are keeping things like abortion illegal in countries. You don't even think about the reasoning behind some abortions. Before you make a comment like that again, think about it a little. Think about the reasoning behind what you are saying and think about how people will take it. Did you really think anyone would agree with you?
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
May 31st, 2006 at 12:09pm
Abortion is Murder
The Ashcroft Moon
Bleeding on the Floor
The Ashcroft Moon
May 31st, 2006 at 12:19pm
i think abortion is only necessary if the child would be suffering when it is born. or if the mother is not a fit parent. i hate it when women have abortions just because they don't want a baby. that's just killing a perfectly healthy child.
emurlee
Demolition Lover
emurlee
May 31st, 2006 at 12:55pm
I'm pro-choice.

BUT, I strongly disagree with abortion just because a baby will be an inconvienience.

If the mother was raped, or if she's 13, or if the baby will be seriously handicapped, then I'm for abortion. If the mother is a drug addict and can't look after herself, let alone a baby, then again, I'm for abortion. In this situation a lot of people would say adoption would be a better idea, but if this druggie mother is just going to give up the baby, she'll have no motivation to get clean. A crack baby is not going to have much of a life no matter where it lives.

Also if the mother is going to be harmed by carrying the foetus to full-term, then abortion is acceptable. But I think the cut-off point should be changed, because of medical advancements meaning the child could survive outside the womb when it is aborted.