Hmmm, yeah.
That's true.
But I'm still against it.
We all have our own veiws on it.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
June 4th, 2006 at 02:30am
That's perfectly fine Amber. I'm not trying to change your opinion at all.
lshdfjKH
Star Crossed Lover
lshdfjKH
June 4th, 2006 at 02:34am
Yeah. I know.
:]

But like, if something ever happened to me.
I know I would never get an abortion. Never.
I know that if I ever got an aboortion, I wouldn't be able to live down the guilt.
& the feeling that, the baby could have been something great.
But if someone I know did.
I wouldnt be like, "OMG WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! OMG I HATE YOU SO MUCH."
I'd try to help them through it.
Although; I hope I never have to come across something like that.
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
June 4th, 2006 at 10:31pm
What if the pregnant girl had pre-maritial sex, and her parents would beat her if she had a baby?
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
June 4th, 2006 at 10:38pm
I'm 50/50 on this.

I think abortions should be legal if they fall under these categories:
Rape
Incest

But if you just don't want the kid, or are a teenager having unprotected sex, it shouldn't be allowed.
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
June 5th, 2006 at 02:37am
Trisha[Bandit]:
What if the pregnant girl had pre-maritial sex, and her parents would beat her if she had a baby?

Than she should have thought of such things before hand. If you're going to go ahead, have sex, knowing you could get pregnant (which is every time) or that your family will hurt you, than you should suffer the consequences, or seek legal help to keep yourself and the child safe from them. But abortion isn't a cope out for stupidity. At least it shouldn't be.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
June 5th, 2006 at 06:36am
People don't always think about the consequences beforehand. In the passions of sex, they're not going to go "Hmm...should I really do this? I might get pregnant and my childhood will end abruptly." Most of the time, you're not thinking 9 months ahead of yourself.
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
June 5th, 2006 at 06:46am
Well unless someone is having sex all the time, there are times when your perfectly able to think about the future and if you can't do that...than you really need to get a reality check b/c actions have consequences.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
June 5th, 2006 at 06:53am
But in the cases where it's a one off/first time, then I reckon it's easy to carried away and not think about/ignore the result. If you really want the action, who cares about the consequences. It's so easy when they won't occurr for months.
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
June 5th, 2006 at 07:11am
"one offs"... don't even get me started on that shite.
First time, I'm guessing by the time most people (even at the ridiculously young ages children are currently having sex for the first time) know of the consequences of it, so thats hardly an excuse.
And while it does take a long time for the full effect to come into play, within a few weeks, pregnancy starts to take its toll on the body and people around you. If their excuse is "I'll worry about being pregnant, when I am..." I feel the need to smack them...sure, some of it is best left til than, but you should really decide, plan out, etc before you go ahead and have sex to some extent.
Going to sound harsh and kind of heartless (might have already) here, but when my friends come cryin to me going "I think I'm pregnant" I roll my eyes at them and go to myself "I feel so sorry for your child if you really are and you con't change" b/c none of them are ready for it, none of them think about it, and its so damn lucky that only three times have they been right (two miscarriages and one birth)
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
June 5th, 2006 at 07:26am
A lot of young people lose their virginity at house parties (well, some people I know anyway) under the influence of alcohol/drugs/general merriment. Yeah, they know the consequences but they're not in control and they think what the heck. A friend of mine went through all the anxiety of 'am I pregnant? am I not pregnant?' but was still excited to have had sex. There's just generally a really big sex-culture at the moment.

Why do one-off annoy you so much?
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
June 6th, 2006 at 04:41am
First off, they're just not for me. I don't see how people can go and have sex with someone just once and be done with it. Thats not love, thats urge satifaction. I have impulse control, but I can restrain that one better than anything (ask any guy whos ever tried to get with me).

I fear so much for my neices when they reach junior high (or heck, even 6th grade) and the pressure of having sex so early... I can just hope that they learn from their mother, who had a child in high school and had to give him up for adoption b/c we couldn't afford to keep him. It was the hardest and best decision my sister has ever made.
I just can't see how children, (by that I mean people under the age of 17) can have sex and than have an abortion and go on with life...do they learn from it??? I dunno. World culture (heck, USA is scary enough) scares me.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
June 6th, 2006 at 09:57am
I suppose it's just that not everyone is looking for love whenever they have sex. It's just a temporary connection to a stranger you never have to see again. I can see the attraction, not that I'm saying it's the best way to live your life. I don't know about your impulse control idea; I don't see why we should always be in control of our impulses. I mean, if it feels good then why not? (obviously I'm only talking about consensual sex.) I'm pretty much against that sort of suppression.

I hope your neices prove to be as responsible and intelligent as you obviously are. Smile
lshdfjKH
Star Crossed Lover
lshdfjKH
June 6th, 2006 at 09:29pm
It should be the mother's choice.

But I'm so much against it.
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
June 7th, 2006 at 06:23am
clarissa:
I suppose it's just that not everyone is looking for love whenever they have sex. It's just a temporary connection to a stranger you never have to see again. I can see the attraction, not that I'm saying it's the best way to live your life. I don't know about your impulse control idea; I don't see why we should always be in control of our impulses. I mean, if it feels good then why not? (obviously I'm only talking about consensual sex.) I'm pretty much against that sort of suppression.

I hope your neices prove to be as responsible and intelligent as you obviously are. Smile

Thanks ^^^
Well when an urge is harmful to yourself or another person, I'm kind of against that. People can do the one night thing, its just not for me.
I must say tho Clarissa, its a lot of fun seeing you on discussion boards!!! You spreak your mind and give very good points. Always a pleasure!!!
st.watsername
Killjoy
st.watsername
June 9th, 2006 at 04:40pm
im 50/50 on it because its true like what if you were
raped and cant deal with it or some
other reasonthatabortion is
nessesary, but if you keep getting pregnant
over and over again and are not smart enough to
use protection or birth control and you keep getting
abortions then you know thats not right, my friend
told me her opinion about abortion one time and
she said that well what if you were one of those
girls who kept getting pregnant and got abortions
but then when you finally wanted to start a family
you cant get pregnant, or what if your child was the
one to grow up and find the cure for aids or cancer
but you screwed it up because you were selfish
and didnt think about safe sex so abortion can go two ways
stange
Killjoy
stange
June 17th, 2006 at 01:15am
Not to offend anyone at all-but all the people that are saying that its perfectly feasible for a mother to abort a child that's going to be born into a family that 'can't afford it' or will be bringing it into an 'unstable home' are...well kind of off.
My parents adopted me from Colombia when I was 4 months or so, when my birthmother was out of wedlock and obviously wouldn't have been able to give me a good 'stable' life. She didn't just go 'Oh, I can't provide for this baby so I'm going to kill it,' she had me in an very nice, clean, and safe orphanage in Bogata and put me up for adoption.
Now I'm here, sure I'm not rich or living the high life, but I am living proof that there are other options to abortion.
The only time it should be legal is in cases of incest, rape, and if its dangerous to the mothers' help. If you listened to what the government was saying, you'd see that they <i>would</i> allow abortions in those cases.
And as far as premarital <i>consensual</i> sex, what happened to waiting? Wink
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
June 17th, 2006 at 01:48am
I don't see how not being able to afford a baby is reason for abortion.
I don't see how people can kill a child b/c they can't afford to have it, or that they don't have a home for it...whatever.
Like people keep saying: ADOPTION.
My eldest sister had a child at 17. We couldn't afford to keep the baby, she didn't have a place of her own to keep him and we had no room. He was put up for adoption and we found him a home with a family who had lost two sons because of fatal birth defects. He's 11 now and he's so happy. I got to see him at the end of May (open adoption) and he knows he's adopted and right now, he doesn't hate us at all for giving him up. It hurts so much not to see him all the time, but I know that he's having a better life than we could have given him, he's happy and healthy. I can't imagine my sister having aborted him. He's an amazing young man and he was a precious gift to another family who benefitted from my sister's ill choice.
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
June 17th, 2006 at 02:12am
Abortion is the removal of a fetus from the mother's womb. By the time a fetus is made, it is already considered a living organism. By abortion, it's like you're killing people.

Life is a serious matter, it is why the government should ban abortion. Once a baby is in your womb, it's already your responsibility. Pride doesn't matter in this situation because we are dealing with life. So what if the pregnant woman is 15 or 65? It's still killing and killing is a crime.

And some of you might ask "What if the victim was raped" and blah blah blah. Remember: it's not only the rapist's child you're carrying, its your child also. Could you hold it in your conscience that you killed your own child. And, if they don't want to raise the child, why not send them to orphanges.

Well, there are also things like the mother may have psychotic problems so I would go for abortion. Like what others have stated.

But please, if it's, in any way, possible to keep the baby alive, keep the baby alive.
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
June 21st, 2006 at 04:04pm
i think its 50//50 as well. young girls, even just 12 or 13 may get raped and pregnant. they are too young to take care of the baby, and they can easily die giving birth because they arent phisically or mentally ready to go through the stress and pain.
but if you are older, like 18 or 19 and you get an abortion, its wrong. weather you were raped or just had sex without protection, its wrong if you can handle it. if you give birth to the baby and cant financially take care of it, give it to an adoption agency so it can have a good home.