Don't have an account? Create one!

Abortions.

AuthorMessage
A lady in white
Motor Baby
A lady in white
June 22nd, 2006 at 05:55pm
I was raped when I was sixteen and I got pregnant. Abortion was not an option, and I wish it was, because for nine months I couldn't stand the fact that I was having a pedophile's child. I had a lot of problems during the delivery as well. It's a part of my life that could have been a lot less painful both physically and mentally if abortion was an option for me.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
June 23rd, 2006 at 12:54pm
BloodLust:
Once a baby is in your womb, it's already your responsibility. Pride doesn't matter in this situation because we are dealing with life. So what if the pregnant woman is 15 or 65? It's still killing and killing is a crime.

BloodLust:
And some of you might ask "What if the victim was raped" and blah blah blah. Remember: it's not only the rapist's child you're carrying, its your child also. Could you hold it in your conscience that you killed your own child.

But, in the situation of rape, it's a responsibility you didn't ask for. And it's an experience that will be with you for the rest of your life, that you will be reminded of everyday if you choose to keep the child. It's good if you make something good come out of rape ie bringing a new life to the world, but not everyone will want to make that decision. This is why women should have the opportunity to choose.

Can I ask, why do you think pride is unimportant is this situation?

BloodLust:
And, if they don't want to raise the child, why not send them to orphanges.

That's 9 months of carrying a child you didn't want. Pregnancy is not fun, and it's not as simple as just sending the child to an orphanage. It's one hell of an emotional rollercoaster, and, if it's someone else's actions that set you on it, you should have the chance to terminate if you want.

I'm not saying abortion is 'correct' in all cases, but in some, I think it's a valid option. And to take away that choice by banning abortion, you do not solve the problem- you add to it. You get dangerous backstreet abortions.
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
June 23rd, 2006 at 08:02pm
clarissa:

Can I ask, why do you think pride is unimportant is this situation?

Because we're talking about life here. Life. Not just some feeling. And if you're thinking that pride is more important than life please tell me why.

clarissa:
That's 9 months of carrying a child you didn't want. Pregnancy is not fun, and it's not as simple as just sending the child to an orphanage. It's one hell of an emotional rollercoaster, and, if it's someone else's actions that set you on it, you should have the chance to terminate if you want.

I'm not saying abortion is 'correct' in all cases, but in some, I think it's a valid option. And to take away that choice by banning abortion, you do not solve the problem- you add to it. You get dangerous backstreet abortions.
Well it's up to the mother, I know but she should think about somethings too. I know it's not easy. But she should look on the other perspectives too.

BloodLust:
Well, there are also things like the mother may have psychotic problems so I would go for abortion. Like what others have stated.

But please, if it's, in any way, possible to keep the baby alive, keep the baby alive.
Like I said, I would go for it to with some reasons but if there's, in any way, possible to keep the baby alive, keep the baby alive.
Spring Nicht.
Bleeding on the Floor
Spring Nicht.
June 24th, 2006 at 03:39am
So...isn't murder a death caused by another person to someone that's born?

if it is then how is abortion murder? (sry im uneducated)

I'm pro choice. It shouldnt be all the governments desicion about htings. I mean, a mother is at risk when she gives birth to a child she cant have or doesnt want.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
June 24th, 2006 at 08:38am
BloodLust:
Because we're talking about life here. Life. Not just some feeling. And if you're thinking that pride is more important than life please tell me why.

I'm not thinking it's more important, I just think you're underestimating how important an emotion it is to a human being. If the mother feels she's lost dignity or self-respect through pregnancy and the only way to regain that is to abort her child, then I think pride would be an influencial factor in that decision. It's difficult for some people to sacrifice their own pride for the sake of an unborn child. I mean, it's their life too; the child isn't the only one with a claim to life. Maybe they should make that sacrifice, I don't know. But not everyone will want to.

BloodLust:
Well it's up to the mother, I know but she should think about somethings too. I know it's not easy. But she should look on the other perspectives too.

I don't think that many women blunder blindly into abortions without considering their options. Maybe some will use termination almost as a contraceptive, but that's a minority. There are requirements for abortion; doctors will consult other doctors about how unfit a mother the woman would be. There has to be real grounds for financial, psychological difficulty, etc.

BloodLust:
Like I said, I would go for it to with some reasons but if there's, in any way, possible to keep the baby alive, keep the baby alive.

I would agree with you there. I don't think any woman should abort unless she absolutely has to. You have also agreed that it's the woman's choice, and yet you say abortion should be banned. How can women choose if they don't have the abortion option?
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
June 24th, 2006 at 08:46am
I was 100% against it before. But as I saw others' opinions (not in this thread but in another) it slowly moved.

Something in me says that it's wrong but something tells me that it depends on the circumstances.

Thank you, I've now known the other side's perspective.
xXHopelessHeartsXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXHopelessHeartsXx
June 25th, 2006 at 09:56pm
I don't like how the father would have no say in it, like if a woman wanted an abortion but the father didn't I'd feel bad for the father...
Hip -Like Badass-
Salute You in Your Grave
Hip -Like Badass-
June 26th, 2006 at 07:12pm
I'm against abortion unless it was a rape victim or the child would kill the mother if she had it.

Other that that, it's murder. You're baby didn't ask to be put in that position. It is completly innocent. It's your fault you're pregnant; don't kill the result. It's weak and lame.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 26th, 2006 at 07:16pm
I used to think of abortions as murder. But I talked to my teacher about them, and she explained other reasong to have one. What if you find out the baby is going to die soon after its born? What if you have HIV/AIDS and the baby had it? What if its a crack baby? In situtions like that and rape, I think abortion is okay. But if your using that as birth control, you shouldnt be allowed to do it.
MadHatterMCR
Bleeding on the Floor
MadHatterMCR
June 26th, 2006 at 09:16pm
(My opinion)
^^Exactly. Abortion is not birth control.
I think that irresponsible whores who spread their legs open to anybody should have the baby. I don't care if she gives it up for adoption, to family, whatever, but make her go through with it and learn that she can't kill something just because she doesn't want it.

If it is a child or someone is raped, then they should have a choice. Also, I agree with Sippin that if the baby is going to be terminally ill or either the baby or mother will die if it is born, then there is no need to let it live out that suffering.
lshdfjKH
Star Crossed Lover
lshdfjKH
June 27th, 2006 at 02:08am
It honestly is the mother's choice.

but i'm against it 200%.
3 Cheers 4 Sweet Revenge
Fabulous Killjoy
3 Cheers 4 Sweet Revenge
June 27th, 2006 at 02:19am
i completely disagree with it
but at the same time, i think
it's the mothers/fathers choice.
Zlas
Killjoy
Zlas
June 27th, 2006 at 11:29am
I think it's wrong and I disagree but it IS the mother's choice. Not the government's.
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 27th, 2006 at 11:56am
I think the only way you should be able to get an abortion, is if it's been proven that you've been raped.
If you've had sex, and took the precautions and used a condom, yadda yadda yadda, and still get pregnant, I don't think you should be able to get one. You should know that condoms are only 98% ( I think) effective. There's still that slight chance it'll break and things can go wrong.
I know it's probably been said here a million times, but if you can't face the consiquenses, don't bother taking the chance.
I know making it illegal will probably start riots, and illegal abortion clinics, but people make stupid choices everyday, like if they want to risk their health, but they should be smart enough not to do it illegally.
Ugh, I don't know if this applies here either, but I really don't like how people just put their children up for adoption. Either because they were too young, or don't have the slightest clue as of how to raise a child. I think if you want to have protected or unprotected sex, you should be made take on the responsibility of caring for the child.
If you're not fit to care for the child, then yes, put it up for adoption, please, for the needs of the child. But not just because you don't want it.
tinkerhell
Killjoy
tinkerhell
July 1st, 2006 at 12:31am
well it should be up to the mother because its her baby not the goverments or the parets its up to the mom and the dad mostly the mom though.I mean if your like 11 or younger than u should have the baby then give it up for adoption.
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
July 1st, 2006 at 01:49am
My motto on this case:
It's your choice. Not anyone else's.
lshdfjKH
Star Crossed Lover
lshdfjKH
July 1st, 2006 at 01:55am
Amor Vincit Nikki.:
My motto on this case:
It's your choice. Not anyone else's.

Agreed.

For example;
I'm against it. But if someone I knew was going to do it.
I wouldn't be all up in there face & be like,
"OMG WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT? YOU'RE A MUDERER, I HATE YOU."
I mean, I might try to talk them out of it.
But not like that.
But all in all, it is the person's choice.
& no one elses.
TayTay**
Really Not Okay
TayTay**
July 6th, 2006 at 10:31pm
On/The/Gray:
TayTay**:
Abortion is Murder, I think that it is wrong!

So if a 12 year old girl is raped by her father, she has to have the baby and raise it? Or she can always put it up for adoption or in a foster home so it can be moved around like the common cold. Then the child can suffer from serious mental and physical issues because it is inbred. There's a solution.

No no no thats not what I mean at all. I mean if some one has sex and expects not to get pregnat, then she should be willing to have the baby and not have abortion. She needs to take care of it. Sorry, I should of been detaled of what I put. If a 12 years old girl is raped, then really its her choice..thats kinda hard to say.
TayTay**
Really Not Okay
TayTay**
July 6th, 2006 at 10:33pm
On/The/Gray:
TayTay**:
Abortion is Murder, I think that it is wrong!

So if a 12 year old girl is raped by her father, she has to have the baby and raise it? Or she can always put it up for adoption or in a foster home so it can be moved around like the common cold. Then the child can suffer from serious mental and physical issues because it is inbred. There's a solution.

No no no thats not what I mean at all. I mean if some one has sex and expects not to get pregnat, then she should be willing to have the baby and not have abortion. She needs to take care of it. Sorry, I should of been detaled of what I put. If a 12 years old girl is raped, then really its her choice..thats kinda hard to say.
Hubert Cumberdale
Always Born a Crime
Hubert Cumberdale
July 7th, 2006 at 03:17pm
When you're raped, acceptable reason to get an abortion.
When you're uber young, acceptable reason get an abortion.
When you can't support the child (financially or mentally), somewhat acceptable reason for abortion (adoption's always an option)
When you're selfish and just don't want a kid, not an acceptable reason for abortion.

If you don't want the kid put it up for adoption, don't kill it.

That's my view.