Don't have an account? Create one!

Abortions.

AuthorMessage
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
July 7th, 2006 at 03:30pm
I think abortion is acceptable in severe circumstances, like if the mother was raped/has an illness that could harm her or the child/can't support the child in anyway/is too young.
But to kill a baby just because the timing isn't exactly right is stupid.
What happens if something goes wrong and you can never have children again?
Or what about the mental issues involved? Would you be emotionally and mentally strong enough to live with the fact that you killed a child with no good reason to for the rest of you life?
If it's possible, keep the baby, or put it into care. There are plenty of loving people out there who would love to have a child of their own, but can't and would love yours as if it were their own. Why not give them the chance to rather than be completely selfish and kill the baby?
death by plane;
Killjoy
death by plane;
July 7th, 2006 at 09:23pm
I'm a bit indecisive on this matter.
If you were raped, or were in a situation where you wouldn't be able to give birth to a baby (ie. homeless, health issues, much too young to have a baby, etc.), an abortion would be perfectly fine.
However, if you're in a serious relationship or married, and just went along and got yourself pregnant, that's pretty... lame.
If you don't want a baby, use birth controls or something.
Freddy
Always Born a Crime
Freddy
July 8th, 2006 at 09:05am
my friends sister had an abortion when she was 17, because the egg got fertilised in her fallopian tube. if she continued the pregnancy, there was a 95% chance that both she and the baby would die.

that ^^^ is a reason for abortion.
still bad that she had to do that, but its better than both dying
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
July 8th, 2006 at 10:05am
Starr:
If it's possible, keep the baby, or put it into care. There are plenty of loving people out there who would love to have a child of their own, but can't and would love yours as if it were their own. Why not give them the chance to rather than be completely selfish and kill the baby?

It would be nice if all children that are put up for adoption were that lucky. Unfortunately, that seldom happens.
First of all, many people have prejudices and they want to have "their own kid". If that's not possible, most of them would rather use a surogate mother or something like that than adopting. And if they do choose to adopt a child, they have to fight the bureaucracy for months and months before they get a kid. And, unfortunately, many couples give up when they see how many forms they have to fill in and how many "exams" (social workers coming and checking that their family is a proper environment for a child) they have to pass.
And even if they survive that challenge, they'll probably want a baby that is not older than 2 or 3 years. If you're put up for adoption and you are a bit older (I mean more than 5 or 6 years old) the chances of you getting adopted are very low. So you live in the orphanage as long as you are underaged, and then......well.....you just have to find a way to survive on your own although you have no money, no family and (if you're lucky) just a highschool degree. These kids usually end up living on the streets, in jail or having a job that doesn't even bring you enough money to buy the food you need.
So what's worse : dying before you ever get a chance to live or living such a life?
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
July 8th, 2006 at 02:18pm
But is it not better that you are given the chance of a life which you can control and change the course of rather than not be given the chance at a life at all?
xXMCRxPhsycopathXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXMCRxPhsycopathXx
July 10th, 2006 at 08:37pm
Um, i do think its the mothers choice, however I'm kinda against it because it essentially is murder, and if u dont think ur fit to be a mom just get the child adopted or something, i mean there ARE options, u dont have to just KILL it.
spencer smith.
Devil's Got Your Number
spencer smith.
July 16th, 2006 at 05:15am
I agree with abortions and i think that if i get pregnant at a young age that i would probably get an abortion, but if that situation actually happens im sure i would feel differently. If you were raped or your drink was spiked and you had sex with a random guy i think that those are valid reasons for an abortion. Having an abortion because you just dont want a baby is taking the easy road, like suicide.
I think that before girls have an abortion they should talk to the father of the baby, and see what he wants because he has as much right to keep/'terminate' the child if he wants to as the mother does.
If you are for abortions, i can see where your coming from, but i can also fully understand it if people dont like abortions.
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
July 18th, 2006 at 04:51am
Reasons why I am a baby-killer.

1. I don't think anyone is ready, physcologically, to have a baby until they're well into their twenties.

2. The world does not need more children. America's orphanages are mighty full. Blue-collar workers don't have enough money to support orphanages, and corporate America is too greedy to care about children.
- Outside of America, well, places like Bangledash, they don't need another mouth to feed either.

Note: An embryo is an embryo, a fetus is a fetus, and a baby is a baby.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
July 18th, 2006 at 06:30am
I wish I could grow up and have an opinion like Trisha's.

But truthfully, I can't get over the thought of what if I had been an abortion, or something. Or how, what if I was a miscarriage in the fetus stage, would I not have counted? I wish I could get a different opinion, but for right now, I simply cannot move on from that feeling.
Toro_Sex
Joining The Black Parade
Toro_Sex
July 18th, 2006 at 02:02pm
I think it is the womens right to choose. I'd rather have a fetius be removed while it is in the 1st trimester and cannot feel then a grown born baby being straggled to death by its mother because she cannot take care of it. Sorry for the gore there but that is what I feel.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
July 22nd, 2006 at 05:02am
They types of abortion I do not agree with are the very late ones. This is where normally the heart of the baby is injected and stoped but then the mother has to go through a normal labour and deliver the dead baby.

This seems completly disgusting to be fair, but again you have to look at reasons why someone may choose to do this. I cant remember the name of the condition now, but it is where while you are pregnant you still have periods, do not show and tend to only gain around 7lbs. Its quite rare, so in this case where someone didnt know they were pregnant untill very late they may justify this method. But i still dont.

Or maybe if they found out the unborn baby was severly disabled at a late stage they would opt for this. I just dont know how you could! If you are going to have to give birth anyway then why kill the baby? In this case i think the best thing in my opinion would be adoption.
MommysLittleMonster
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MommysLittleMonster
July 22nd, 2006 at 03:30pm
personally, i think it should be legal. of course people think that the only reasons it should be ok is if the mother's life is in danger or she has been raped. but what if the baby comes into the world in an unloving family. within a few years time it could be in a trash can starving to death. I wouldn't want there to be even a possiblity of that happening. I'd say get an abortion and don't screw up the next time you bang your man
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
July 23rd, 2006 at 12:37pm
xxxwcr:
but what if the baby comes into the world in an unloving family. within a few years time it could be in a trash can starving to death. I wouldn't want there to be even a possiblity of that happening. I'd say get an abortion and don't screw up the next time you bang your man

How would assess whether a family is loving or not? There's no garauntee that a child won't end up starving in a trash can, no matter how "loving" a family might be. It could really happen to anyone.
Logic Is For Losers!
Joining The Black Parade
Logic Is For Losers!
July 24th, 2006 at 06:01am
It's gross, the creature [if you will], growing inside the woman, is alive, whether it is human or not yet.
I'm pro-life, but I won't vote against it, heck, I wouldn't vote on anything.
I just would think less of a person who commited one, I mean, if you had sex because you wanted to, didn't use birth control, or a condom, then you need to be responsible.
As for rape...why punish the child? If anything you should give birth to it, teach it how wrong rape is, lead the child to have a strong dislike of rapists, and most importantly, don't lie to it, tell it that he/she was born because of a rapists.
But like I said, just my opinion, I don't want to argue.
Coreena.
Jazz Hands
Coreena.
July 24th, 2006 at 04:01pm
I think abortions are wrong..If women kill the child they are caring we are killing off more of our populations...Also you are killing a child that one day can become a Doctor that will find cures..Or a Firefighter that can save people...We need to say no to abortions.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
July 24th, 2006 at 04:12pm
I think that abortions should be legal, but only for certain cases.
Abortion shouldnt be used as birth control, but should be allowed for rape victims and in a case where the baby is sick and will die when born.
But think about it, if you were raped would you want a child to remind you everyday of the rape?
love_cookies
Killjoy
love_cookies
August 6th, 2006 at 04:30am
it really is someones choice, however i think it's really wrong if it's just because you don't want it. that kind of thing disgusts me, but if your baby has a disability that you can't handle or your a young person then it's ok, i am not for abortion, but if it is for a good reason it is more acceptable
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
August 6th, 2006 at 12:07pm
SadNerd:
I think abortions are wrong..If women kill the child they are caring we are killing off more of our populations...Also you are killing a child that one day can become a Doctor that will find cures..Or a Firefighter that can save people...We need to say no to abortions.

On the other hand, you could also be killing a raging psychopath who could go on to slaughter many innocent people. Works both ways.
bratcore
Jazz Hands
bratcore
August 7th, 2006 at 07:28am
I have alot of opinions about this.
Here in Norway abortions are legal until the women is pregnant in the 12th week. After that, you have to search for permession.
I think it's the womens choice, and I am not against it. Personally I think it's wrong to keep the child if you know you can't give it enough love and economical safety.

(I suck at discussing in english...)
brentx08
Killjoy
brentx08
August 14th, 2006 at 11:42pm
Abortions are wrong/sinfull/sick. It may not seem like it, but it's just the same as going up to someone and killing them (if the baby is born or un-born). It's just a way for people to get out of having a baby when they shouldn't have gotten themself in the situation in the first place. Just don't get yourself in that situation. Even though I think it's wrong and once you have a baby, it should be your responsibillty, why not just put up for adobtion so it can go to a loving family insted of murdering it?