Don't have an account? Create one!

The Death Sentence.

AuthorMessage
Disarm; Nicole
Salute You in Your Grave
Disarm; Nicole
May 30th, 2006 at 04:37pm
Alas, Babylon:
Again, very true, but I keep coming back to the point that death is the easy way out for them.

Criminals that are seriously sick and twisted don't want to die. I think you'll find more of them then you will criminals who think they deserve to die, please correct me if I'm wrong, to a pessimist that's how it looks.
dean moriarty.
Banned
dean moriarty.
May 30th, 2006 at 04:38pm
Against it.
My grandfather is in jail for killing a man when he was drunk, He is a terrific person and jail has truly changed him for the better, an inspiration [apart from the whole killing thing] to me and my brothers, if he wasn't alive, I would not have half of the knowledge I possess now.
vale.
Shotgun Sinner
vale.
May 30th, 2006 at 04:42pm
LabelxDeathxOnlyxDefense:
Criminals that are seriously sick and twisted don't want to die. I think you'll find more of them then you will criminals who think they deserve to die, please correct me if I'm wrong, to a pessimist that's how it looks.
I'm saying whether they want to die or not. I'm trying to get my point across that when criminals are killed by the government, they don't have to think about what they did every single day of their life; they're dead.
Not very nice
Shotgun Sinner
Not very nice
May 30th, 2006 at 04:42pm
clarissa:
Kon-Foozed, JOEMAN!:
I agree with the death sentences in soem cases but look at it this way,
A man is arested for killing 30 children, he is imidietly killed in prison.
A month later they find out that they had the wrong man all along, and soem inocent dude has been killed.

exactly.
it's easy to not care if one innocent person is killed but if you're that person....

or that persons family

"Sorry ma'am turns out your husband was inocent after all, but he died a hero"

No, he died wrongly.
Disarm; Nicole
Salute You in Your Grave
Disarm; Nicole
May 30th, 2006 at 04:48pm
Alas, Babylon:
I'm saying whether they want to die or not. I'm trying to get my point across that when criminals are killed by the government, they don't have to think about what they did every single day of their life; they're dead.

And what I'm saying is that real, evil killers don't care about what they did. They think about it every day and laugh maniacally. Those people deserve to die and they won't like it.
vale.
Shotgun Sinner
vale.
May 30th, 2006 at 04:50pm
LabelxDeathxOnlyxDefense:
Alas, Babylon:
I'm not saying whether they want to die or not. I'm trying to get my point across that when criminals are killed by the government, they don't have to think about what they did every single day of their life; they're dead.

And what I'm saying is that real, evil killers don't care about what they did. They think about it every day and laugh maniacally. Those people deserve to die and they won't like it.
Bah, I made a typo.
We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Everyone has their own views, and neither of us can change each other's opinions.
Disarm; Nicole
Salute You in Your Grave
Disarm; Nicole
May 30th, 2006 at 04:53pm
Alas, Babylon:
Bah, I made a typo.
We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Everyone has their own views, and neither of us can change each other's opinions.

Well, I tried. It's been a pleasure though.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
May 30th, 2006 at 06:12pm
The death sentence can make someone into a martyr. Life in jail doesn't really do that.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
May 30th, 2006 at 07:34pm
I did an assignment on capital punishment.
Before I did it, I was all for it.
But after researching it some more, I changed my mind a bit.
There was an incident where a man was up for the death penalty. Fair enough.
But doctors did more tests on him, and found out he had the mental capacity of a 7 year old child.
Would you condemn a child to the death penalty?

I think in some cases, such as pedophilia etc., then it should definitely be considered.
But it's hard to have such a harsh punishment for things like homosexuality. Where in some middle-eastern countries is a perfect reason for the death penalty.
medea.
In The Murder Scene
medea.
May 30th, 2006 at 11:15pm
>.< I didn't see this.

Anyway, as I have said in my now locked thread, I am against it. Our legal system should not be seen as revenge, as the death sentence makes it look like, but to protect the public. I also think that it is enforced too little to even exist, and that killing someone to right another illing isn't right.

Murdering the murderer don't bring back the life taken.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
May 30th, 2006 at 11:18pm
Even if they murdered 2304983240932740234723894 people, they shouldnt have to be murdered because they would suffer more with the guilt of what they had done. But if they are sociopaths (sp?), then they should be killed for punishment since they have no regrets.
with.the.chemicals
Bleeding on the Floor
with.the.chemicals
May 30th, 2006 at 11:20pm
I don't know.
I think it should be a choice through
life in prison or death.
EndingsWithoutStories
Thinking Happy Thoughts
EndingsWithoutStories
May 31st, 2006 at 12:01am
I think that if a person kills another person, or an animal, they should die the exact same way.

Full stop.
heartwell.
Shotgun Sinner
heartwell.
May 31st, 2006 at 01:12am

We had to do an essay of this in English.

Me, I am all for it.

Let's say someone killed your mom/dad/brother/ etc.

Just knowing some idiot did something like that would anger you, yes?

Wouldn't you want something just as bad to happen to them?

Now, the jail thing is taking it too easy on the prisioners with the lethal injection.

My teahcer said he thinks it should be back to shooting them and I agree.

If they cause someoen pain, they need to feel they exactly pain they caused.

It goes back to the old saying, what goes around, comes around.

Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
May 31st, 2006 at 01:17am
Well, as much as I'd like criminals to get what they deserve, I'd rather be sure that they won't hurt anyone else.
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
May 31st, 2006 at 01:27am
Well, letting them rot in the prison is better.

They're gonna bore their asses out. Killing them is like letting them take the easy way out.
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
May 31st, 2006 at 01:42am
Yes, the punishment is much better.
But for safety, I'd rather see a person dead. So that I know that they can't harm anyone else.
M!lly La Bam
Bleeding on the Floor
M!lly La Bam
May 31st, 2006 at 04:52am
Pedophiles should be burned at the stake.
It is the most horrible thing to do, to rob a mere child of it's innocence.

Also: People like that Bali Bombings dude (Ahm Rosie I think his name was ... ) should be killed in the most painful way possible. (But thats just my opinion)

But, I am mostly against the Death Sentance.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
May 31st, 2006 at 05:01am
I believe in Hell.
I believe that if you kill someone and in your heart, truly truly regret it, and with all your soul wish it had not happened, and you take measures in your life to do right by your situation,
then you won't go to Hell.
However, I think very few people are like this,
so the Death sentence truly is better.

But I don't want this to become a religious debate.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
May 31st, 2006 at 06:43am
x__Trauma:
If they cause someoen pain, they need to feel they exactly pain they caused.

It goes back to the old saying, what goes around, comes around.

using that logic, wouldn't that mean that whoever punished the criminal should then also be punished? they caused someone pain, even if they deserved it, so therefore they should also feel the same pain. isn't that the same thing?