Don't have an account? Create one!

The Death Sentence.

AuthorMessage
collisionkiss
Killjoy
collisionkiss
May 31st, 2006 at 06:57am
I used to be a firm believer that rapists and peadophiles should be shot in the head.
But after thinking that if there was a way of "curing" these people, i would settle for that. Drugs, even castration.
It all goes down to why we punish criminals, doesn't it?
If we could make sure that a criminal would NEVER commit the crime again, we would still want to make an example of them, right?
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
May 31st, 2006 at 01:02pm
"An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind"- Ghandi.

I have nothing more to say on the matter. Death penalty? no. Revenge is NOT the answer. Albert Pierrepoint, Britian's last and most prolific hangman himself become disillisioned with the good old DP, because revenge cures nothing. Death is a release, not a punishment, and we as humans have NO right to remove another human from existance for whatever reason.

What if we kill the wrong human?. To damn late when they are six feet below, but oh I'm sure the family won't mind.

And yes, if anyone tries to combat me with the 'If you family member was killed' excuse, well i've debated this issue for so long and that standpoint is getting a little old now. No, I wouldn't want them to die. I don't want anyone to die. There is enough hatred in the world, surely. Killing the murderer won't bring the victim back.
Mary; Without Sound
Salute You in Your Grave
Mary; Without Sound
May 31st, 2006 at 04:18pm
I don’t agree with it only because I think life in jail is worse then death . I mean don’t you think that spending a life behind bars is much more miserable then just killing them. That like letting them off easy, so I say lock them up for life and let them live with there guilty conscious.
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
May 31st, 2006 at 08:53pm
Lost[in]theMUSIC:
I don’t agree with it only because I think life in jail is worse then death.
So, it would make them suffer. And that'll certainly solve all our problems.

What about when their jail time is done? Rapists don't get a life sentence in prison. They could also go on probation. And then they commit the same crime.
Let's say you were the judge that sentenced a rapist to 15 years in prison. He was let out, then raped and killed another woman. So now, you have two people raped and one murdered. Would you still care about makeing them suffer?
Poopsie
Shotgun Sinner
Poopsie
May 31st, 2006 at 09:00pm
Yara:
Ok, imagine this.

You come home from school one day, and your dad is in the livingroom with two officers. He's crying.
He tells you that your mother has been brutally raped and murdered.
The officers arrested the guy who did it, and they're letting YOU decide what to do with him.

What do you do? Wouldn't you want this criminal to die?

Of course I would want this man to die. I mean, who wouldn't? But some people think it is wrong no matter what to kill somebody, so they would probably just want him to live with what he/she has done.

I personally am for the death sentence because if you kill a man, or rape a child, you deserve to be punished, and sometimes the government chooses death. And it depends on what state your in, too.
Hubert Cumberdale
Always Born a Crime
Hubert Cumberdale
May 31st, 2006 at 09:48pm
I am completley against the death penalty.
It's pretty hypocritical, no?
"You killed a person, so now we're going to kill you."
What kind of sense does that make?
Also, for most of the people who commit such sick and serious crimes, death is great. Death is what they want. Many of them kill themselves in jail anyway. If they want to die, make them live. Being stuck in a cell for the rest of their life is punishment. Being stuck in an electric chair or getting leathal injection is just what they want. To escape the entire situation.
Plus, what about terrorists that hate the U.S.A.
What better thing than to lock them up in the place they hate the most, with the people they hate the most? Plus, they are completley locked away from everything, including eachother, so what else have they to do than rot in jail for the rest of their life? I mean, you stick a dude who wants to blow up all of America, in SUPERMAX and he's stuck in the very country he hates, suffering for the rest of his life. I think is not only a more humane thing to do, but also more affective. I mean, sure, when a person is off the face of the earth, and they are no longer living, they can't do anything. But they can't do anything when their whole cell is made of cement and they have three armed guards on them at all times? Am I right or am I wrong?
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
May 31st, 2006 at 10:41pm
die_X_romantic:
I mean, sure, when a person is off the face of the earth, and they are no longer living, they can't do anything. But they can't do anything when their whole cell is made of cement and they have three armed guards on them at all times? Am I right or am I wrong?
Except that not many people are sentenced to life in prison.
Terrorists, sure, probably. Though, alot of them are suicide bombers. In which case, they'd already be dead.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
June 1st, 2006 at 06:14am
die_X_romantic:
I am completley against the death penalty.
It's pretty hypocritical, no?
"You killed a person, so now we're going to kill you."
What kind of sense does that make?
Also, for most of the people who commit such sick and serious crimes, death is great. Death is what they want.Many of them kill themselves in jail anyway. If they want to die, make them live. Being stuck in a cell for the rest of their life is punishment. Being stuck in an electric chair or getting leathal injection is just what they want. To escape the entire situation.
Plus, what about terrorists that hate the U.S.A.
What better thing than to lock them up in the place they hate the most, with the people they hate the most? Plus, they are completley locked away from everything, including eachother, so what else have they to do than rot in jail for the rest of their life? I mean, you stick a dude who wants to blow up all of America, in SUPERMAX and he's stuck in the very country he hates, suffering for the rest of his life. I think is not only a more humane thing to do, but also more affective. I mean, sure, when a person is off the face of the earth, and they are no longer living, they can't do anything. But they can't do anything when their whole cell is made of cement and they have three armed guards on them at all times? Am I right or am I wrong?

huh.
you've just been saying that criminals should suffer, right?
then you say that that's the most humane thing
do you mean to the criminals or to the rest of society?
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
June 1st, 2006 at 06:23am
Poopsie:
I personally am for the death sentence because if you kill a man, or rape a child, you deserve to be punished, and sometimes the government chooses death. And it depends on what state your in, too.

Hang on a minute- that isn't even like killing if you have killed. That isn't fair, its a totally separate crime.
Poopsie
Shotgun Sinner
Poopsie
June 1st, 2006 at 07:45am
Bloodraine:
Hang on a minute- that isn't even like killing if you have killed. That isn't fair, its a totally separate crime.

*Looks at it in your POV...or tries, atleast*

Okay, I can see how it isn't the same. I shouldn't have even said that. But I think that it would be the equivalent...but that's just me.
badkitty709
Killjoy
badkitty709
June 1st, 2006 at 03:52pm
i`m aginst it. the BTK killer. *like 4 cities that way, *points west* got 2 life sentences i think. he has 2 lives to think about what he did.
badkitty709
Killjoy
badkitty709
June 1st, 2006 at 03:53pm
my bad. he got 10 life sentences
LouderNow
Really Not Okay
LouderNow
June 1st, 2006 at 08:05pm
Im for it.
You take someones life, the law should take yours.
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
June 2nd, 2006 at 01:43am
Aren't life sentences actually like 20 years?
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
June 2nd, 2006 at 03:12am
Yara:
Ok, imagine this.

You come home from school one day, and your dad is in the livingroom with two officers. He's crying.
He tells you that your mother has been brutally raped and murdered.
The officers arrested the guy who did it, and they're letting YOU decide what to do with him.

What do you do? Wouldn't you want this criminal to die?
My first reaction would be wanting him to die. But like Rosalie, I keep coming back to the fact that I'd rather have him rot in prison spending every second left of his pathetic life thinking about what he'd done.

That in it's self is more punishment than any lethal injection/electric chair could do.
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
June 2nd, 2006 at 03:29am
But if they were sentenced to death, you wouldn't have to worry about them any longer. Though, if they were left in prison, well, I can't imagine that many people feeling guilty about their actions.
Cross Sorrows
Salute You in Your Grave
Cross Sorrows
June 2nd, 2006 at 04:46am
Punishing murderers by murdering them? I see they've decided to lead by example then. Capital punishment is so hypocrytical. How can a rapist, drug smigler or killer learn from their mistakes when they are dead?

Sure, these deaths can bring momentary relief for the victims and their families, but then what? Time does not heal all wounds, but death stops all pain, for the criminal at least.

The death penalty is a barbaric out-dated punishment that does not have any place in civilized society. If someone's commited a crime so horrible as to merrit death, make them live. That is a far worse punishment. Make them live with their crime. Make them live knowing that innocent blood has been spilt on their hands.

At the end of last year, the tally of men and women killed in America under the death penalty since its reinstatement some years ago reaches one thousand. One thousand people died. Of these one thousand, seven were found to be innocent after they were excecuted. That may sound like an insignifficant number, but that is still seven innocent men being killed for crimes they did not commit. As long as people make mistakes, we should not be killing people if there is the tiniest chance they are innocent.

Some countries have a mandatory death penalty. Singapore has it in their statures that anyone caught trafficking over 15 grams of heroin must be put to death. This is the case despite any reasoning. Despite the age or background of the drug mule. There are no exceptional circumstances that allow room for error. You're caught with drugs, you die.

The death punishment is not going to teach anyone a lesson. There is no evidence of it disuading criminals from any heinous acts. It is a far more trying task to live, having commited these shocking crimes, with the guilt tragedy and torment, than to be able to die. Capital punishment stops the criminals from suffering and offers them an easy way out. The death penalty should not be utilised anywhere, in any situation, for any reason.
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
June 2nd, 2006 at 11:50am
Like I said, I'm not into The Death Sentence.

Of course, I would want him to die at first but I want to make him suffer more.

Killing them is like letting them take the easy way out.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
June 2nd, 2006 at 12:09pm
choxie<3:
Im for it.
You take someones life, the law should take yours.

And what if you get a wrong conviction?
What do we do then?
Execute the person who executed an innocent man?

Vicious cycle.

There is too much death and too many atrocities in the wrold to be infliciting more upon others like a bunch of pig headed cavemen would.
nina;
Awake and Unafraid
nina;
June 2nd, 2006 at 01:14pm
We can't throw them all in prison.
That would cost the taxpayers so much money.
Death is just quicker, easier and cheaper.