Don't have an account? Create one!

The Death Sentence.

AuthorMessage
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 3rd, 2008 at 10:27am
Eponine:
Judges and juries shouldn't have the power to determine who is worthy of existing.

But, to some extent, isn't that what a killer is doing? Deciding who they want to die and who they want to live. (I know that's not always the case)

Of course that is what a killer is doing. But you cannot compare the reasoning behind a killer deciding to kill it's victim and a judge / jury deciding to kill a killer. They're different contexts, and they're done for different reasons.

Having said that, I'm against the death penalty. I've stated why many times before in this thread, so I won't repeat it now.
kouks
Killjoy
kouks
August 3rd, 2008 at 10:30am
killin the person who did the crime is just EASY,they wnt suffer at all,AND they muuust suffer 4 what they did.Painful procedures must be done against ppl who do extremely wrong crimes,they must make their lives a livinghell CAUSE THEY DESERVE WAY MORE THAN A QUICK ESCAPE FROM THIS WORLD AND THEIR MISTAKES.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 3rd, 2008 at 03:01pm
Mindfuck:

Of course that is what a killer is doing. But you cannot compare the reasoning behind a killer deciding to kill it's victim and a judge / jury deciding to kill a killer. They're different contexts, and they're done for different reasons.

Having said that, I'm against the death penalty. I've stated why many times before in this thread, so I won't repeat it now.

I understand that. Judges and juries should be completely objective and impartial, but even if they where I still think the death penalty would exist.
I lean towards being against the death penalty, but I can understand why people are for it. Again I'm being cold-hearted, but if someone is such a threat to society, why not kill them. If you give them a life sentence and they where locked up without the 'luxuries' of a normal jail, then people would still complain that is is inhumane. There's no perfect solution.

kouks:
killin the person who did the crime is just EASY,they wnt suffer at all,AND they muuust suffer 4 what they did.Painful procedures must be done against ppl who do extremely wrong crimes,they must make their lives a livinghell CAUSE THEY DESERVE WAY MORE THAN A QUICK ESCAPE FROM THIS WORLD AND THEIR MISTAKES.

I believe that's called torture, and it's wrong. It's completely inhuman. That goes beyond 'an eye for an eye', it's sadistic. Not to mention, who would want to do that?
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
August 3rd, 2008 at 06:17pm
kouks:

How do you know they won't suffer? Don't you think it would be terrible to be sitting on death row, knowing that you're going to be lethally injected? If you ask me that's a worse punishment than sitting in a jail cell for the rest of their sentence.
And don't forget, they are still a human being. They have rights just like you and I. Just because they committed a terrible crime does not mean we can strip them of those rights and torture them.
bat1984
Bleeding on the Floor
bat1984
August 4th, 2008 at 03:25am
If there was no dought the accused was guilty then yes as long as it was a quick death but as Albert Pierrepoint once said
I have come to the conclusion that executions solve nothing, and are only an antiquated relic of a primitive desire for revenge which takes the easy way and hands over the responsibility for revenge to other people...The trouble with the death penalty has always been that nobody wanted it for everybody, but everybody differed about who should get off."
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 4th, 2008 at 01:42pm

I believe killers shouldn't have the right to live after taking anothers life.

But then , im also against the death penalty because there's always that risk that a person could be wrongly convicted. Who knows how many innocents have been killed through the death sentance?
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
August 4th, 2008 at 03:48pm
I'm against the death sentence because, as many people said, it would be very hypocritical of someone to decide to kill a murderer. That makes the person deciding and doing it just as bad as the murderer.

Also I think that killing the person would be the easiest way out for them; they don't have to live with what they've done, when they should because they convicted a crime.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 4th, 2008 at 06:05pm
Neon Hearts:
I'm against the death sentence because, as many people said, it would be very hypocritical of someone to decide to kill a murderer. That makes the person deciding and doing it just as bad as the murderer.

Also I think that killing the person would be the easiest way out for them; they don't have to live with what they've done, when they should because they convicted a crime.

Someone else pointed out that you can't compare a judge/jury deciding to give a criminal the death sentence to the criminal. So how can you say that it is just as bad as a murderer. Criminals are not sentenced to death because the legal system likes killing people.

And what if the person feels no regret over what they have done? Then it's not really a punishment.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 4th, 2008 at 07:04pm
kouks:
ok, so Joan of Arc, one of the most influental women of all time, she inspired millions of people, and she did lead her troups to kill British soldiers in the 100 year war, even though if she found a wounded british soldier, she would still care for them and nurse their wounds. Did she deserve to get tortured because she was exicuted, or what about the Alamo, some of those men had killed mexican soldiers, every American man was killed, should they have been tortured too?

you need to think about what you say before you say it. Life is a precious thing, it should just be taken away at someones will, we forget that, that murderer has a family has loved people and has had people love them too, they don't deserve to be tortured if they are already going to die
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 4th, 2008 at 07:08pm
Alan Carr:

I believe killers shouldn't have the right to live after taking anothers life.

But then , im also against the death penalty because there's always that risk that a person could be wrongly convicted. Who knows how many innocents have been killed through the death sentance?
agreed a hundred percent, i honestly don't think anyone should get the death penelty if they aren't really the murderer, there should be no evidence that they might be innocent.

People might argue that the prisons are overcrowded, and so on, but with some prisoners they should be in a mental hospital, not a prison.
Toybox Trash
Killjoy
Toybox Trash
August 4th, 2008 at 08:46pm
death sentence sucks all together;

two wrongs do not make a right.
Your Ghost.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Your Ghost.
August 4th, 2008 at 09:02pm
Dee Dee Ramone:

I agree with that!
Your Ghost.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Your Ghost.
August 4th, 2008 at 09:03pm
Dee Dee Ramone:

I agree with that!
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 4th, 2008 at 09:13pm
Addicted2GerardWay:
Dee Dee Ramone:

I agree with that!
that honestly made no progession in this discussion, please explain more why its so wrong. thanks
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
August 4th, 2008 at 09:53pm
Against it.
First of all, it is very hypocritical.
Say like some guy kills a woman with a gun.
Then he gets the death sentence

all it is is getting injected with that needle.[i forget what its called]
That kinda hurts less than what you did to the person and the family's pain
You get injected and its all over
But the person he killed had to suffer for it.
G Way
Jazz Hands
G Way
August 13th, 2008 at 10:22pm
Against
If you want the criminals to suffer make them live their whole life in prison. Don't just let them have the easy way out and kill them.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 14th, 2008 at 06:02am

Okay, let's try get some more discussion then "the killer has to suffer."

What if the person has no regrets for what he has done?
What if he doesn't look at prison as a punishment, but just another way to live?
What if he doesn't suffer in life?
What do you do then?
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
August 14th, 2008 at 09:23am
And what if they are wrongly accused?
G Way
Jazz Hands
G Way
August 14th, 2008 at 11:21am
Punk Russia:
And what if they are wrongly accused?
If they are wrongly accused, then it's not too late for someone to prove them innocent. If we kill them and then find the real criminal, then what? You can't just say oops and have it be ok! We're dealing with human life here!
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 14th, 2008 at 08:59pm
Lovesick Melody.:

What if the person has no regrets for what he has done?
What if he doesn't look at prison as a punishment, but just another way to live?
What if he doesn't suffer in life?
What do you do then?

There's really no good solution, in jails they take up space and money has to go to give them food and clothing and other things, but then killing them may be considered inhumane.

I think a criminal should only be sentenced to death if:
1. There is irrefutable rock solid evidence that he/she murdered someone.
2. He/she shows no regret.
3. He/she will kill again so they cannot be put back into society.
4. He/she does not have a mental illness/disability or legal insanity.