Don't have an account? Create one!

School Shootings

AuthorMessage
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
June 13th, 2006 at 06:08pm
There haven't been any school shootings in my country. And I doubt there will ever be any. I might be wrong, but I think these events are generally connected to the US. In my opinion, the main reason for this is the fact that so many Americans own guns in their own homes. Kids get bullied and are exposed to violence in schools all over the world. So why don't they pick a gun and start killing people at their school? Because neither their family, nor the ones of their friends own guns. No guns, no shootings.
Red_of_a_Rose
Jazz Hands
Red_of_a_Rose
June 14th, 2006 at 01:43am
At my school we haven't had a shooting but we have had more bomb threats than you can count. One time they actually did find something they thought was a bomb (i dont know if it actually was). However in my school district it would be extreamly difficult and expensive to be able to do a good job of preventing things from happening. I live in a huge school distict. My grade has over 350 students and the kindergarden class has over 500 students. They take up an entire fricken school!! Just wait till they are in high school.
BeastxInxRepose
S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
BeastxInxRepose
June 14th, 2006 at 01:53am
A school nearby me is trying to avoid a school shooting happening during the senior class graduation. Apparently a member of some kid's family had gotten involved with some gang and they threatened to shoot this kid. This poor kid had nothing to do with it. Apparently this gunman was going to take him out when he was going to speak to his class (he was the class president i think). Needless to say, the police were informed and they worked with the school district to find a solution to the problem and avoid this kid or anyone else there from getting injured. The kid's family agreed to keep him home while the rest of his class graduated. He's still getting his diploma, just not with all his friends and classmates all because of this gang. It was a necessary decision to keep everyone safe, but it's so sad that it had to come down to that.
ink.runs.in.my.veins
Banned
ink.runs.in.my.veins
June 17th, 2006 at 12:58am
'Bowling For Columbine' was a Michael Moore film. And everything he does always has some element of humor in it. If you take it too seriously you miss the joke.

Columbine, sad, yes. But almost completely preventable. I forget what interview it was in but when they asked Marilyn Manson what he would have said to the kids he said something along the lines of "Nothing. I would have listened." Because if they had been listened to and taken seriously then it probably wouldn't have happened.

People just snap after a while.
Disarm; Nicole
Salute You in Your Grave
Disarm; Nicole
June 17th, 2006 at 06:19pm
heartcore love for sam;:
A kid the town over told his principal he was going to blow up the school, and in East Tennessee, some kid shot a few of his classmates.

Bowling for Columbine, no. United States of Leland and Elephant, yes. At least, that's what I would recommend. Both those movies show more of the dakrer side to shootings, wheras Bowling, to me, got really happy in the middle, then had that devestatingly sad scene with the little girl who was killed in KINGERGARTEN, and then it went right on being happy. Plus, it was preachy.

But that's just me, I think everyone should probably see all three movies.

And the worse thing about school shootings is you can make kids wear see-through backpacks, you can have metal detectors, you can have police officers in the school, but if a kid wants to bring a gun to school, the kid will find a way. I'm not saying it's an inevitability and all those factors will deter it but I think it will always happen, with the loose gun laws, and everything.

I personally loved Bowling for Columbine. But I didn't think it was "happy" at all. I really have no idea what you mean by that, could you please explain?
SpreadLegsNotLies
Bleeding on the Floor
SpreadLegsNotLies
June 18th, 2006 at 08:58am
It´s hard for me to understand, that someone like Charlton Heston is still a hero to sooo many people...

I can only remember the thing in a school in Leipzig (Germany) and how shocked everyone was that this could happen here too... and that they blamed Slipknot for it... I mean... they blamed Manson for the shootings in Columbine... bull... in my opinion... To me Manson is a very intelligent and kinda nice person... all the things on stage are a show...

How can music make you a murder? And it doesn´t matter how "brutal" it may be...
Other.
Bleeding on the Floor
Other.
June 19th, 2006 at 02:46am
Music doesn't pull the trigger for you. I think bullying has alot to do with school shootings. If you were being tortured every day by some people wouldn't you want to get revenge on them?
SpreadLegsNotLies
Bleeding on the Floor
SpreadLegsNotLies
June 19th, 2006 at 04:18am
Personally... I would think about revenge... but never run around in school with a gun and shot everyone who moves...

But I also blame the parents... I mean... not to offend anyone... but... why is it so important to some parents that their six-year-old son can fire a gun??? And why is it so easy to get a gun in the US (correct me if I´m wrong)???
I think THAT is so wrong... to make it so easy...
And that it seems that no one is listening to those kids... the signs were there... but no one took them serious...
schizophrenic_cat
Salute You in Your Grave
schizophrenic_cat
June 20th, 2006 at 02:34pm
worth a thousand words:
'Bowling For Columbine' was a Michael Moore film. And everything he does always has some element of humor in it. If you take it too seriously you miss the joke.

Columbine, sad, yes. But almost completely preventable. I forget what interview it was in but when they asked Marilyn Manson what he would have said to the kids he said something along the lines of "Nothing. I would have listened." Because if they had been listened to and taken seriously then it probably wouldn't have happened.

People just snap after a while.

I've seen that interview somewhere ...
I just think it's kind of ridiculous that people in our society have to blame the artists ... the people who are often keeping the place sane ... for all their problems ...
In my opinion mass media is just a refelction of our society ... so how can you be blaming any form of media ...
As you Manson said ... one of the only ways to actually avoid the shootings is to listen to the kids ...
I myself was a very violent child when I was younger ... I'd go round stabbing kids with pens .. and punching them .. When I was 9 I was actually not allowed out in the playground for a week ... because i was hurting to many children ... This carried on till I came to the end of primary school ...
In secondary I got a confidante ... some one I speak to at least once a week ... guess what .. I haven't lost my temper/hit/punched/kicked anyone for about 6 months now .. which for me is a major achievement ... If I didn't have a confidante I owuld probably still be very violent and bad tempered ... I might of been kicked out of my school by now .. Basically ...If you see that a kid is having problems ... that way you will not only save other people's lives. .. you will also save the kid's life .. which in my opinion is very important ..

here are some interesting things about child killers .. .
http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/psychology/psychopath/1.html http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/weird/kids1/index_1.html
http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/weird/kids2/index_1.html
http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/mass/littleton/index_1.html
crap at guitar
Killjoy
crap at guitar
July 4th, 2006 at 04:14am
Dyke_Overlord:
Sure sounds like its sux to be at a foreign school then... I have never heard of a shooting here in Australia at a school...

I think it hasn't happened yet but I know a stabbing's happened to a high school that's about 5 minutes from me. GO ROXY!!! Wost school in Victoria. thank God I go to a Catholic High School.
obsessedmonkey
Killjoy
obsessedmonkey
July 5th, 2006 at 12:53pm
actually, my school never had a shooting, but in the local juinor high a couple of months ago there was a bomb threat. (this will be my new school come september) and in my old school, there was two bomb threats.

nothing is more fun then being threated to be blown up. (note the sarcassum)
TeenageVampire666
Bleeding on the Floor
TeenageVampire666
July 9th, 2006 at 04:14am
Dyke_Overlord:
Sure sounds like its sux to be at a foreign school then... I have never heard of a shooting here in Australia at a school...

true, we haven't had one yet, but that dosen't mean we won't. i've heard of people plang one here, but they got found out before they pulled it off. it's just a mater of time before someone goes through with it.
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
July 11th, 2006 at 07:53am
rox_my_sox:
Kids get picked on. We can't stop it.

Kids also have the common nerve to talk to councellors and people who can help them.
It's been proven, so why do these kids run around with guns and shoot people?
TeenageVampire666
Bleeding on the Floor
TeenageVampire666
July 17th, 2006 at 06:59am
Scout, we're goin' down;:
rox_my_sox:
Kids get picked on. We can't stop it.

Kids also have the common nerve to talk to councellors and people who can help them.
It's been proven, so why do these kids run around with guns and shoot people?

because they feel there's no other choice. mabey they tried talking to people they thought could help but it did nothing or made the problem worse. a lot of the time if your getting picked on telling someone and trying to get help makes it worse when whoever is picking on you finds out. that can, and does, push people to the edge.
DOJM
Fabulous Killjoy
DOJM
September 13th, 2006 at 08:48pm
HeraldSun:
SCHOOL SHOOTING IN CANADA

A LONE gunman dressed in a black trenchcoat opened fire in a Montreal college today, leaving a trail of blood and injury and sending students fleeing for their lives.

One woman, believed to be a student at the college, has reportedly died from gunshot wounds.

Montreal police chief Yvan Delorme said police had shot and killed the single gunman, and 20 people had been injured.

"Based on current information, the suspect was killed by the police," he said.

Montreal General Hospital said 11 people had been admitted with gunshot wounds, and six were in critical condition. Some of the injured were taken to other area hospitals.

Television station RDI had earlier quoted unofficial sources as saying that four people had died in the shooting, including two gunmen. But Mr Delorme said he could not confirm that there was a second gunman. He gave no information on additional deaths.

"A suspect has been neutralised, which means he is not shooting any more," said Ian LaFreniere, a police spokesman.

Witnesses reported blood on the steps to the college, and inside the cafeteria, which is on the second-floor. They said at least 20 shots were fired.

One television image showed what appeared to be a body under a yellow covering.

The shooting happened in and around Dawson College, an English-language school with some 10,000 students between the ages of 16 and 19 in the heart of Montreal, Canada's second biggest city.

The shooting broke out just after midday, at 12.45pm local time (2.45am AEST).

Witnesses said the man started firing outside the college before walking through the front door and continuing to shoot inside.

"He said nothing. He had a stone cold face, there was nothing on his face, he didn't say anything, he didn't yell out any slogans or anything. He just started opening fire. He was a cold blooded killer," said student Soher Marous.

One woman said the shooter was white, aged about 19, and looked like "the stereotype, with the long black trenchcoat and all the studs and piercings and stuff like that".

Robert Soroka, a professor at Dawson College, said he heard the shots from his fourth floor office.

"This could have been a very bad situation, if it had happened five minutes later when the students would have been exiting their classrooms during the changeover," he said.
rach3l is a sound.
Salute You in Your Grave
rach3l is a sound.
September 14th, 2006 at 08:36pm
Today, at my school we had a DARE assembly [Dignity and Respect for Everyone].
And I heardaboutthis kid who shot a kid who was new to the school in the back of the neck due to a fight over MSN.
This was my old school.
Luckily, the kid who was shot is okay.
And the gun used was just a beebee gun with metal bullets.
But I don't get it.
Why do some people get so worked up on things they decide to attempt to kill a few or many people and then decide to act on it and people get severley injured, or in the worst case, the victim dies.
a perfect circle.
Salute You in Your Grave
a perfect circle.
September 15th, 2006 at 10:03am
There was just a shooting somewhere in Montreal like 2 days ago.. This guy came back like 2 years later after he graduated and started shooting in the hallways and made his ways into the Cafateria and shot one person that died at the sence and wounded others. The police shot him in the head.

The way we prevent it.

Don't bother the kids that gut bully becuase it's always them that snap and then go back for revenge on other people. I know that this is band but the guy was like goth.
xXLustingVengeanceXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXLustingVengeanceXx
September 15th, 2006 at 03:38pm
There was never a shooting at my school,but a few days ago there was a bomb threat.The kid just did it to get attention...he wasn't even thinking about actually bombing the school.Now he's got himself into deep sh**.Whoever gives the police any info. about the guy gets $500.Why would anybody post a reward for a stupid 13-year-old that didn't even probably know what he was talking about?Kids are crazy these days...*sigh*...
Silent_Whispers
Salute You in Your Grave
Silent_Whispers
September 15th, 2006 at 04:54pm
It happens because someone picks on one person, and the person gets sent over the edge and wants to kill everyone in the school...even the people that didn't do anything. So school shooting all start with bullying...so if there was no bullies there would be no school shootings, but what are the chances of not having any bullies Disgust
m45tq
Awake and Unafraid
m45tq
September 15th, 2006 at 10:00pm
What happened at Dawson College was so sad. Now, I can add going to school on my long list of fears.