Don't have an account? Create one!

School Shootings

AuthorMessage
a perfect circle.
Salute You in Your Grave
a perfect circle.
September 15th, 2006 at 10:04pm
As long as Two people go their separate ways. None of this stuff would happen.
Like today I was in the mall and All these people were staring at me because I'm a black emo girl. There's nothing wrong with it. But before people used to tease me about it. Now I am accepted. And all I could have thought about was REVENGE.
hibobandann
Killjoy
hibobandann
October 3rd, 2006 at 07:23pm
i agree but i would also like to say some people are soo deeply effected by these kind of things they snap like one of my teachers says in highschool kids are paranoid and think every one is talking about them that might be another reason kids do this kind of stuff
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
October 3rd, 2006 at 11:04pm
its very sad that these things happen when all it would take is someone to listen to them, so very sad.
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
October 8th, 2006 at 05:08pm
Yara; wtf...:
Why does it happen? What can be done to prevent it?
It happens because of stupid people.
They go into schools, where there are young people, who have very little defense for being in a situation like this.
At school, you don't always expect for someone to whip out a gun, and start to open fire on everyone. You're suppose to feel safe at school.
The only thing I can think of for having prevention, is to get more security in schools. Which personally makes me feel sick to my stomach knowing that there will be days when you have to go to school, and walk through a metal detector. I think it's plain disgusting, and any who ever thinks of going to open fire anywhere, especially at a school, should rot in prison forever. No second chances.
chillpill
Always Born a Crime
chillpill
October 13th, 2006 at 07:01pm
Okay. Here's an example:

The creator of a educationary film I was in made another film (I don't remember the name of it) a few years back.
It was about this boy and he had been bullied ever since kindergarten.
Well, one day, out of no where, the kid picked up his bookbag in the middle of class, walked up to the front of the classroom and unzipped the bag. He reached in it and while he did this all the kids that had ever bullied him got underneath their desks because they thought he was going to pull out a gun.
Well, he pulls out a harmonica and starts to play and all the bullies just stare at him, shocked.

The kids guilt led them to believe that this boy was going to get revenge.
This could very well happen.

This shows that some of the students or whoever brings a gun to school (this points to the people who actually attend/work the school) are made fun of/bullied.
XxMeAnt-4-tHeFliEsxX
Joining The Black Parade
XxMeAnt-4-tHeFliEsxX
October 13th, 2006 at 07:25pm
It happens because people get fed up and just go to violence. Nothing can be actually. You can;t stop what a person does..... Actually if you have metal detectors but it will take years to get people in the school that way.....

Pshaw!! much luv <33 ::Judy Vengeance::
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 13th, 2006 at 07:37pm
I did a report last year on the columbine shootings.
This shooting happened because of several things.
1 The two kids proforming the shootings were crazy. Both of them had thier little twirks. Like Espresso. If you pronounced it Expresso as opposed to Espresso, they would get overly ticked.
2 The system knew both the kids were in trouble. They each had a criminal/violent past and didn't do much of anything about it THEN put them in public school.
3 Both of the kids wanted to right the school. Kind of a Hitler thing going on. An internal anger, released on the whole building.
joy_angel_23
Killjoy
joy_angel_23
October 13th, 2006 at 08:45pm
I went to Stratford High School in Goose Creek, South Carolina. I graduated in 2002. One year later the prinipal, Mr. McCracken, had seen kids walking to and from the bathrooms. He immediately said "drugs" and had police officers do a raid the next day. Students that were there at 6:30 that morning had been placed in handcuffs and had guns in their faces. This is how ONE school tried to make the school safer. The principal had been fired but the scars remain there. If there was a drug smuggler at the school, they could have taken the gun from police and shot someone. At Stratford there were alot of fights because everyone was rich and nobody liked anybody. I remember that people were friends to get something out of it, and there WERE people who were capable of shooting the school. Everyone is capable, but nobody did it because they knew they'd get caught. In reality bringing up that scenario hurts because they could have had an accident. The school is currently being sued by angry parents and at this day and age people are "I'll shoot your dog for you shot mine" and its really a cycle that has to be broken. To break it means to stop judging people by clothing and music and using personal character and heart.
Attack.Kill.Bury.
Jazz Hands
Attack.Kill.Bury.
October 15th, 2006 at 09:47pm
I think that its the bully's fault these poor kids are beaten and neglected like myself yet i wouldnt act out in this violent way but these kids are pushed to the edge and they snap i think its the bully's fault cause whos to blame the murderer or the weapon?
The Christine And I
Salute You in Your Grave
The Christine And I
October 17th, 2006 at 05:45pm
go_screw_a_whale:
I did a report last year on the columbine shootings.
This shooting happened because of several things.
1 The two kids proforming the shootings were crazy. Both of them had thier little twirks. Like Espresso. If you pronounced it Expresso as opposed to Espresso, they would get overly ticked.
2 The system knew both the kids were in trouble. They each had a criminal/violent past and didn't do much of anything about it THEN put them in public school.
3 Both of the kids wanted to right the school. Kind of a Hitler thing going on. An internal anger, released on the whole building.

I did i report on this, too!
Also, one of them (I don't remember who) also had a disorder. Sometimes kids are just going along with someone stronger than them because they have no one else. People said that one kid couldn't have pulled it off without the other.
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 17th, 2006 at 07:21pm
School shootings are a big deal. Because they're done by kids.
People letting the kids have the weapons should be arrsted
people not doing anything about kids with issues should be sued/arrested.
The Proud Parents should be taken into concern.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 21st, 2006 at 06:57pm
They really should. I agree totally.
Kids are getting way out of hand and why should the teachers and some of the other kids suffer ?
black dahlia
Salute You in Your Grave
black dahlia
October 21st, 2006 at 09:31pm
this is a question that still relates to the whole school shooting thing, but it goes off the beaten path a bit.

at my school, my freshman year, we had to wear our ID's around our necks on a lanyard, because of columbine. my question is: do you feel that making the students wear their school ID's around their necks will help make schools safer? true, what happened at columbine was done by students, but what happened at bailey was not. just some thoughts....comment if you wish.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 22nd, 2006 at 06:28pm
ID tags are no use.
It's disipline, thats needed
dontdie
Killjoy
dontdie
October 27th, 2006 at 05:33pm
It's Samlicious.:

School shootings always come from someone who has a problem either with the people in the school, the school/district how it's run ect., the town/state/city ect., or themselves.
Like Columbine. The kid killed himself after he wreaked all the havok he wanted to.

what about platte canyon? the guy just came into the school and didnt even know emily, or her family and he lived in denver, without anyone in his family living in our district or going to our school. evil just cant be stopped
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
October 30th, 2006 at 01:52am
why does it happen? In the Columbine case, yes i'd agree with someone up there that the shooters were crazy.

but have anyone heard of the story of Rachel Scott? I'm not saying that the shooting happened by the will of God so that we'll get an inspirational story from her life but read on:

We had her father, Darrell Scott come to Sydney this year to share with us her story. I pretty much trust his side of the story as he is a sincere Christian...but Rachel had a prophetic side to her where she had a clue that she will not live long, but that her mandate was to start a chain reaction of kindness. She lived by her word to her very last breath. Her legacy carries on.

As for our part to prevent it, there is only so much we can do. But the most meaningful thing is to carry on that chain reaction of kindness- every kind life counts to make a change in this word in order to affect the hearts of those who seek murder.
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
November 1st, 2006 at 12:12am
Dead Disco.:
Yara; wtf...:
Why does it happen? What can be done to prevent it?
It happens because of stupid people.
They go into schools, where there are young people, who have very little defense for being in a situation like this.
At school, you don't always expect for someone to whip out a gun, and start to open fire on everyone. You're suppose to feel safe at school.
The only thing I can think of for having prevention, is to get more security in schools. Which personally makes me feel sick to my stomach knowing that there will be days when you have to go to school, and walk through a metal detector. I think it's plain disgusting, and any who ever thinks of going to open fire anywhere, especially at a school, should rot in prison forever. No second chances.

I disagree to an extent. Most school shooters that I have read about were driven to their actions mostly because of teasing and bullying inflicted upon them, not stupidity.
four counts
Thinking Happy Thoughts
four counts
April 6th, 2007 at 01:51pm
During the summer I was reding "Sugar" magazine and it had a whole section devoted to school shootings. My insides were twisting with horro as I read, and I felt like crying. I think all murders are horrible, but this really takes the cake.
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
April 6th, 2007 at 05:48pm
I don't really think about school shootings because no one ever talks about them here. They aren't very common.
starfucker
Killjoy
starfucker
April 6th, 2007 at 06:56pm
sometimes I just wonder, what the hell is wrong with the schools in u.s? but the thing is, this can happen everywhere. A kid got stabbed and killed in a school close to mine here in sweden. What the hell is wrong with us kids today? Who can we blame? We all need to take our responsible and respect other people.