School Shootings

AuthorMessage
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
April 6th, 2007 at 07:19pm

I go to a middle school.

I'm about to graduate soon.

We had a gun threat that could've turned into a shooting.

Two kids.

Called themselves "emo" all the time.

Were bitchy, rude, obnoxious, pompous, and self-labellers.

Brang a gun to school.

One of their friend's dads overheard the plan somehow, told the school.

Herded us into the back yard like cattle.

Terrifying.

They'd made a Hit List of people to shoot.

It was close to my birthday, which was on the day of the Devil [6-6-06] that year.

Everyone got a call from the Police department if they were on that list.

I got that call.

And til this day, I'm terrified of thinking about that day.

As stupid as it sounds, but we were all thinking: "I coulda been killed," "I might've not even finished my seventh grade year," "I forgot to hug Genie after English, I NEED TO GIVE GEORGE HIS PEN BACK!"

And it's horrid.
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
April 6th, 2007 at 08:51pm
i think it might happen cus some kids are just sick and tired of getting teased by other kids and they finally snap. to prevent it i think we should preach more tolerance cus i know that teasing each other wont EVER stop and i think they should be teaching kids at a young age to accept each other and teasing isnt good. it wont stop but it will probably lessen the impact
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
Killjoy
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
April 6th, 2007 at 09:13pm
As a student at Columbine I can give some insight on this...

And if you please, calling it Columbine as opposed to the Columbine shooting is somewhat of a touchy subject among those of us that experienced it. Columbine is a high school, not an event.

I was only in third grade when the shooting happened, but I had two sisters, a freshman and a junior, that were in the school. At that young of an age I don't think I understood the full implications of what had happened there. I could easily have lost one of my sisters, but it took until a few years ago for me to realize it.

This year marks the eighth year since the shooting, and each and every year they make April 20 a teacher inservice day to avoid possible repeats. However, we still receive almost regular threats having to do with bombing or "shooting up" our school. A few weeks ago we had to evacuate after an automated phone message containing a bomb threat was received by school administration.

But the shooting, however sad it was, shouldn't define our school. We should be known for winning state in baseball and football in the same year, or for our consistently good scores on state standardized tests, or our high graduation rate. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. I was most peeved the other day when a tourist was "stretching", and just happened to snap a picture of myself and my friends eating lunch outside the school. The administration removed the guy after several students complained. Another time a tourist asked us if we would take a picture of he and his family by the sign out in the front lawn, and then proceeded to ask if we ever saw ghosts, or if there were still bullet holes in the walls.

The problem is that people think that Eric and Dylan were bullied a lot, or that administration should have seen a problem sooner. Let me ask you this. How could the administration have spotted a problem if the boys' own parents failed to see it? And secondly, I highly doubt they were picked on, considering they were two extremely frightening people, from what I remember of my sister's description. The only way the shooting could have been prevented were if those two had never met.

As for other school shootings, some are caused by bullying, some by kids that have learned to idolize Harris and Kliebold, and some are seemingly random. All are equally heinus, though, and it's a sad affair every time we have to hear of a new one.
MelancholyMisery
Salute You in Your Grave
MelancholyMisery
April 8th, 2007 at 07:28am
Reason I would bring a gun to school:
Because I'm suicidal and want to go out with a bang.

Because I really truly hate her, I would bring the gun and use it to help me get people to behave while I teach them a lesson. I'd cut off her precious hair, shoot that jerk in the arm or leg, make sure they learn how much thier words can hurt, and then get the hell out of there [shoot self]

so basically revenge or .. suicide. Both.

You just have to understand why they would do it.
I know my reasons dont sound so good right there^^ but you have to understand that 'jerk' cant begin to describe how much I hate him. I don't want to kill him, I just want to scare him into being a better person.
Sure it'll be pretty traumatizing to most people but thats somthing they wil just have to deal with.
The world isnt all sunshine and rainbows.

And yes I do know that shooting someone is much worse than humiliation and bullying, but if Im going to die 3 seconds later I dont think I have much to worry about.

[dont worry, you cant get guns that easy around here, just wishfull thinking]
Black Meriah
Really Not Okay
Black Meriah
April 8th, 2007 at 12:35pm
I've never experienced any school shooting, only read about them and seen some on television. I can only imagine how awful it must be for the students, the teachers, the parents but I also feel sorry for the shooter/shooters. Something or someone made them get to the point wjhere they could actually point a gun at their fellow students and pull the trigger. I don't get what on earth can make a person go that far? I can't picture any on mye school do something like that. Start a fight? sure, but shoot someone? No. School shootings are a tradgedy, and they can be prevented if the school boards are careful to make sure the students are comfertable. Sure, i knwo it's hard to make everyone fit in, but it's their job to care and to try.
Disturbia
Salute You in Your Grave
Disturbia
April 10th, 2007 at 03:36pm
I have never experienced a school shooting.. But does a stabbing count?? Well a 'planned' stabbing, 3 kids in year 11 bought knives into school, but were caught and excluded permanantly, Our school is pretty violent i guess, On children in need day me and my frends were exiting the cafeteria and there was this fight going on so we stopped to watch being the morbidly intrueged people we are and we shcoked when this guy smashed the other guys head in a window, shocking really, Plus there is a fight nearly everyday, luckly i have never been part of one, as i think they are sad, but i wish school shooting, infact any shootings were stopped. Sad
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
April 17th, 2007 at 03:26am
the first thing that came to my mind after seeing the Virginia Tech school on the news this morning was,

'i bet charleton heston hosts a gun rally there"
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
April 17th, 2007 at 06:25am
I know this sounds very horrible but I think it is a shame that the shooters kill themsleves in any of the school shootings as they police could learn so much from the shootings hopefully reducing the risk of more shootings and save many more lives.
By understanding the mental state of the shooters the police then have a rough idea of who maybe a threat to the community.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
April 17th, 2007 at 06:39am
i think the shooters shooting thrmselves is selfish in a way
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
April 17th, 2007 at 08:14am
Frankie-Oreo:

The School Shooters were probably insane & suicidal, but wanted to take revenge first.
Quinnmobile.
Jazz Hands
Quinnmobile.
April 17th, 2007 at 08:28am
Oxycontin Genocide:
Frankie-Oreo:

The School Shooters were probably insane & suicidal, but wanted to take revenge first.

I was thinking the same thing.
Most school shooters have been bullied or 'picked on' countless times.
Sometimes It's hard for them to endure.
They probably fantisize about 'revenge'.
They sometimes, they do take revenge.
On innocent people or people who had nothing to do with the situation they were in.
Most of the shooters are depressed, alone and suicidal.
It's terrible to see so many innocent people die from shootings.
Quinnifier.
Awake and Unafraid
Quinnifier.
April 17th, 2007 at 10:41am
xXPathetic.HeroineXx:
Oxycontin Genocide:
Frankie-Oreo:

I was thinking the same thing.
Most school shooters have been bullied or 'picked on' countless times.
Sometimes It's hard for them to endure.
They probably fantisize about 'revenge'.
They sometimes, they do take revenge.
On innocent people or people who had nothing to do with the situation they were in.
Most of the shooters are depressed, alone and suicidal.
It's terrible to see so many innocent people die from shootings.

Yeah that was a scary thing to see, very vivid and...scary.

My school last semester kept having lockdowns because someone kept threating they had a gun and where going to shoot some teachers. I didn't think anything of it of course, still just a kid in a sense thinking that would be impossible. But after seeing the Virgina Tech shooting I started thinking about my school and everything. What if this threat would have happened? Thats when i got so thankful, and sorry for thinking it would never happen.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
April 18th, 2007 at 12:58pm
We're kinda lucky in the UK, people aren't gun-crazy, but stabbings are getting common now, especially in London and Manchester. The last gun massacre in the UK was Dunblane in Scotland. I'm scared of kinves and guns cos kids are all like "Oooh, I've got a knife at home, so don't mess with me". They're probably bluffing, but stll scares me.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
April 18th, 2007 at 08:06pm
in reflection of the terrible 32 ppl gun massacre in the uni a few days ago...
that's horrific...and it seems like shootings get worse everytime, & everytime they have to announce "the worse shooting in american history". Pictures of the gunman are going up in newspapers...& he's revolting too look at. He looks like a true mass murderer. How can we ever understand what motivates people like him to do that? ...i wonder if Gerard's interested in him now? since he said he's very interested in mass murderers? pffft...i found it funny when i heard him say that, but at this moment, how can anyone be curiously-interested in that gunman?

peace to all the suffering families & friends.
Gunslinger
Jazz Hands
Gunslinger
April 18th, 2007 at 09:10pm
i've had some threats at my school. we just got word of a bomb threat. scary stuff, man.
xerica.fiercex
Jazz Hands
xerica.fiercex
April 19th, 2007 at 01:34am
I have had a stabbing when i was in school, many guns brought, and bomb threats every week. I don't see what the point in it is.. school is a place to get an education and should feel like a second home since you spend so much time there. i think its awful when stuff like VT happen because it creates a hostile enviorment at all schools across the nation. not to mention how sad it is that many lives are lost and many people hurt. But you know i can see how gerard would take interest in something such as murderers because i do also.. i think they are nasty disturbed human beings. but studying what they were like before they on their 'rage runs" Such as Cho.. he had a stalking history, demented plays in college, and was treated for being suicidal or "dangerous to himself and others" and if you watched the video revealed by NBC its quite interesting but very distburbing..
I think this is a horrible thing that has happened and all victims or people who relate to VT are in my thoughts, tears,and prayers.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
April 19th, 2007 at 02:10am
airwave parade:
How can we ever understand what motivates people like him to do that? ...

He was mentally unstabl, he was referred to therapists before he did the shootings.

And, usually people who do things like that are sick to death of being picked on, so before they take themselves, they feel they need to make revenge.

Not that it justifies it though.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
April 19th, 2007 at 02:35am
im glad nothing like this happens here in australia
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
April 19th, 2007 at 07:24am
After watching the video it's clear that the shooter (Cho) needed help but didn't want any. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. I wish you could though b/c then maybe this wouldn't have happened.
ccchelsea
Killjoy
ccchelsea
April 19th, 2007 at 07:33am
i think when gerard said that he was interested in mass murderers ... he was being very responsible for it ... and it shows that he is a mature guy~~ he was quick to point out (even in that kinda high state with bert) that he doesn't condone what they do or look up to them... he is just interested in them.... I share that with him... but it's depressing....... cos many incidents... the person who is responsible for these horrible events are usually victims in some way as well....... i'm don't intend to find excuses for them...... but they usually had their share of shit that they had to take from others...... but that is no excuse to make others victims of ur own miseries..... thinking negatively is always harmful........