Don't have an account? Create one!

School Shootings

AuthorMessage
Vengenz
Salute You in Your Grave
Vengenz
April 19th, 2007 at 07:50am
Haven't they found a suicide letter from the shooter? I think I read it somewhere, but i can't remember what it said
emokid69
Killjoy
emokid69
April 19th, 2007 at 11:27am
ya the guy sent letters and pictures of himself holding weaponsand they didnt do anything about it ! this whole thing could have been avoided
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
April 19th, 2007 at 11:48am
emokid69:
ya the guy sent letters and pictures of himself holding weaponsand they didnt do anything about it ! this whole thing could have been avoided

well, actually, he sent them after he commited the first two shootings. Which explains the gap.

But they knew he was mentally unstable.
ageha.
Bulletproof Heart
ageha.
April 19th, 2007 at 12:34pm
Baka-kun XNinjaX:
emokid69:

well, actually, he sent them after he commited the first two shootings. Which explains the gap.

But they knew he was mentally unstable.

they knew he was mentally unstable. but you see, they didn't bother doing anything about it, because he wasn't being a threat before the shootings.
Nyx;zombified
Killjoy
Nyx;zombified
April 19th, 2007 at 02:30pm
[quote="life's throes."]
Baka-kun XNinjaX:
[

they knew he was mentally unstable. but you see, they didn't bother doing anything about it, because he wasn't being a threat before the shootings.

He was actually considered a threat to himself and others. At least, that's what the report said that was read on the news this morning. It was simple neglect to do the right thing.
Or maybe the authorities took it upon themselves to make their own decision on whether he was a threat or not.
xerica.fiercex
Jazz Hands
xerica.fiercex
April 19th, 2007 at 03:25pm
He was a threat to himself and others.. I dont get why they wouldn't help this kid after a Teacher threatened to quit her job if he wasn't removed from her class.. it makes no sense to me. But this couldnt have been prevented because NBC got the package on Tuesday.. the shooting was on Monday. scary thing is.. it wasnt like this kid just bursted.. this was all way too planned out. its scary dude.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
April 19th, 2007 at 03:39pm
^They couldn't help him unless he wanted help (which he didn't, of course, because he thought he was right). They can only force you into a mental health institution if you present a direct threat, and they didn't have the evidence to prove he did.

I only hope that people will wake up and go for tighter gun control after this. You think of all the rights we have that the government is limiting, and yet the only one being adamantly protected is the right to bare arms.
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
April 19th, 2007 at 07:31pm
i live less than 30 minutes away from VA tech and that shooting hit close to home
no pun intended
i had some friends up there who luckily, weren't harmed but its REALLY scary to know that something like that could happen to place so near me and mine...
columbine just seemed so far away...

this may sound really bad and please, nobody take it the wrong way. but i feel bad for those kids, the shooters i mean.
that sounds AWFUL I know...but let me explain

we all know what it feels like to be the outcast, and if you dont then you are VERY lucky, these kids knew they were going to die, knew the whole world would know their names and knew that not one person (besides family) would miss them
can u imagine?
i think the real way to try and stop this is remeber that EVERYBODY can make a difference
if that guy at Tech had one friend he could talk to, one person t o trust, that might not have happened
im not saying that we should put ourselves on the line
but we should reach out to those who need it....doing that could not only save their lives, but anothers life
cHeMiCaLlY rOmAnCeD
Killjoy
cHeMiCaLlY rOmAnCeD
April 19th, 2007 at 07:35pm
there was a guy at my school today with three hand guns. i go to todd beamer high school. it really freaked me out. has any one hurd about it yet??
MCR.4.ever
Killjoy
MCR.4.ever
April 19th, 2007 at 08:25pm
i don't think that what happed at VT could be prevented no matter what. the person that did this is ovlesly mental! shooting 32 people! holy crap!
cinderella.
Really Not Okay
cinderella.
April 20th, 2007 at 03:02am
what about the ones that happened like yeasterday?

thats fucked.
dontwannabeyou
Killjoy
dontwannabeyou
April 20th, 2007 at 04:13pm
The thing is... im 13 right and .. I beleive if someone is driven to a school shooting by bullying 'so be it' . I go by the line 'If your troubled and hurt, what you got under your shirt, will make them pay for the things that they did' Only take out the bullies though.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
April 20th, 2007 at 07:56pm
ccchelsea:
i think when gerard said that he was interested in mass murderers ... he was being very responsible for it ... and it shows that he is a mature guy~~ he was quick to point out (even in that kinda high state with bert) that he doesn't condone what they do or look up to them... he is just interested in them.... I share that with him... but it's depressing....... cos many incidents... the person who is responsible for these horrible events are usually victims in some way as well....... i'm don't intend to find excuses for them...... but they usually had their share of shit that they had to take from others...... but that is no excuse to make others victims of ur own miseries..... thinking negatively is always harmful........

yes Gerard said he doesn't look up to them. Maybe he's interested in their psychology in an investigation sort of view point.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
April 20th, 2007 at 08:09pm
X--silverstars--X:
i live less than 30 minutes away from VA tech and that shooting hit close to home
no pun intended
i had some friends up there who luckily, weren't harmed but its REALLY scary to know that something like that could happen to place so near me and mine...
columbine just seemed so far away...

this may sound really bad and please, nobody take it the wrong way. but i feel bad for those kids, the shooters i mean.
that sounds AWFUL I know...but let me explain

we all know what it feels like to be the outcast, and if you dont then you are VERY lucky, these kids knew they were going to die, knew the whole world would know their names and knew that not one person (besides family) would miss them
can u imagine?
i think the real way to try and stop this is remeber that EVERYBODY can make a difference
if that guy at Tech had one friend he could talk to, one person t o trust, that might not have happened
im not saying that we should put ourselves on the line
but we should reach out to those who need it....doing that could not only save their lives, but anothers life

I completely agree with that attitude. It's similar to Rachel Scott's from Columbine. But now since her books are everywhere, her message that everyone can make a difference (like talking to the girl/guy whom no one ever talks to) proves to be something this world really needs.

along the same line, (not sidetracking- this is relevant!) some of the stuff bands are writing is really helping- take Kill Hannah's song "Unwanted" for example. They go something like: I dedicate this song to the girls and boys who don't belong, unwanted, unneeded, we've always been mistreated...to the boys who are strong...to the girls who don't exist." they're kinda 'emo' lyrics but it's acknowledging those who aren't noticed.
ThinkxHappyxThoughts
Joining The Black Parade
ThinkxHappyxThoughts
April 20th, 2007 at 08:21pm
Our high school gets a bomb threat at least once a month. They ignore them. One of these days the school is going to blow up, I swear.
Tara Scene
Motor Baby
Tara Scene
April 20th, 2007 at 08:44pm
Columbine happened 8 years ago today and the shooters were "outcasts " and wanted to get revenge and VT ealier this week was doen by one man that idolized the two columbine shooters.
cHeMiCaLlY rOmAnCeD
Killjoy
cHeMiCaLlY rOmAnCeD
April 20th, 2007 at 09:38pm
i think the only way to prevent a school shooting is everyone being nice to every one....yea in a perfect world...
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 21st, 2007 at 05:14pm
I have a friend who is in JD, he's not allowed to call me. He goes to VT & very hard to get Accurate info sometimes. see my postings on Song Meaning>Teenagers. also MySpace : http://nielspage1.spaces.live.com
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
April 21st, 2007 at 07:16pm
School shootings are a very difficult topic. What I mean is, they happen for many reasons and it can be difficult to prevent them. Being mean to people is natural and people not interfering with constant bullying can result in such a thing. Believe it or not, video games can also assist in such an act. I think if people were to pay attention to students more, then maybe these things can be avoided.
Dejan_Revenge!
Fabulous Killjoy
Dejan_Revenge!
April 21st, 2007 at 08:03pm
xXDr. KrazyXx:
School shootings are a very difficult topic. What I mean is, they happen for many reasons and it can be difficult to prevent them. Being mean to people is natural and people not interfering with constant bullying can result in such a thing. Believe it or not, video games can also assist in such an act. I think if people were to pay attention to students more, then maybe these things can be avoided.

No video games dont , this is a big misconception. I play games alot and i NEVER want to shoot someone. That asian guy who shooted the kids was a lunatic , a RETARD. No one thinks: ''o right i can shoot someone in a game , why would i do that in real life.'' If you do think that you are mentaly ill. And if you play some action/shooting games it can be good for you also. If you feel fucked you can just put om some shooting game and shoot the crap out of people. I think shooting games even pervent shootings.

If you can put your feeling into a game, by shooting virtual people to feel good, then you would never shoot real people. So my conclusion: Shooting games pervent shootings !