School Shootings

AuthorMessage
dear matthew
Joining The Black Parade
dear matthew
April 21st, 2007 at 08:58pm
Dejan_Revenge!:
xXDr. KrazyXx:
School shootings are a very difficult topic. What I mean is, they happen for many reasons and it can be difficult to prevent them. Being mean to people is natural and people not interfering with constant bullying can result in such a thing. Believe it or not, video games can also assist in such an act. I think if people were to pay attention to students more, then maybe these things can be avoided.

No video games dont , this is a big misconception. I play games alot and i NEVER want to shoot someone. That asian guy who shooted the kids was a lunatic , a RETARD. No one thinks: ''o right i can shoot someone in a game , why would i do that in real life.'' If you do think that you are mentaly ill. And if you play some action/shooting games it can be good for you also. If you feel fucked you can just put om some shooting game and shoot the crap out of people. I think shooting games even pervent shootings.

If you can put your feeling into a game, by shooting virtual people to feel good, then you would never shoot real people. So my conclusion: Shooting games pervent shootings !

i agree 100%.
i play shoot em' up games all the time and honestly i never have any erge to kill anyone nor do they inspire me.
i mean jack the ripper, charles manson, and the black dahlia totally were inspired by video games
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 22nd, 2007 at 01:45am
I think the killer didn't have the emotional releases which We have, that's why we never go on shooting sprees!
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
April 22nd, 2007 at 07:32pm
and heres the sad part for me:
I'm interested in mass shootings.
I don't look up to the people who do them, I just get kinda fascinated by them.

School shootings I thin kare worse, because its in a school. With children.
Children who probably haven't lived their lives yet.
So its twice as sad.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
April 23rd, 2007 at 03:52am
dontwannabeyou:
The thing is... im 13 right and .. I beleive if someone is driven to a school shooting by bullying 'so be it' . I go by the line 'If your troubled and hurt, what you got under your shirt, will make them pay for the things that they did' Only take out the bullies though.

thats a disgusting and horrible thing to say.
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
April 23rd, 2007 at 09:56am
I don't have an opinion on this matter, as I feel i don't understand enough to form a correct one, nor do I ever hope I have the knowledge to form one, but a really interesting book to read is Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult.

it's a fictional story of a young boy who goes on a school shooting rampage.
It's sad, but brilliant to read.
Even just for interests sake.
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
April 24th, 2007 at 08:27pm
I'ma read it!!! =]
shitthatwascyanide
Salute You in Your Grave
shitthatwascyanide
April 24th, 2007 at 09:05pm
i think that, while gaems with violent messages can influence insensitivity towards violence and brutality, it takes two different minds to say "cool, fun game" or say "hey, target practice"

the perpetrators of shootings are mentally ill, but we shouldn't lock them up in jail. they need mental help.
M!ChA3L
Killjoy
M!ChA3L
April 25th, 2007 at 12:36am
Well theres metal detecters that might slow them diown i mean schiool shootings are pathetic. Our school just had a kid that brought guns to school but he was only trying to sell i mean if you can get away with that imagine what else you can get away with. it happens because people get fucked with so much and partents that know dont do nothing and the teachers that dont know dont pay eneough attention to the students
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
April 29th, 2007 at 10:41pm
shitthatwascyanide:
i think that, while gaems with violent messages can influence insensitivity towards violence and brutality, it takes two different minds to say "cool, fun game" or say "hey, target practice"

the perpetrators of shootings are mentally ill, but we shouldn't lock them up in jail. they need mental help.

TRUE TRUE!!!
Just think about it, it all depends on who is playing this "violent game"
A kid with family problems/gets picked on/rejected

or

A normal kid who just needs a safe outlet.

=]
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
April 30th, 2007 at 05:58am
Frankie-Oreo:
dontwannabeyou:
The thing is... im 13 right and .. I beleive if someone is driven to a school shooting by bullying 'so be it' . I go by the line 'If your troubled and hurt, what you got under your shirt, will make them pay for the things that they did' Only take out the bullies though.

thats a disgusting and horrible thing to say.

I'm kind of shocked too.
I think you have taken MCR's message the wrong way....that's not how it's supposed to be.
Two rights do not make a wrong.
Words and bullying do not equal death.
The bullies will get their fair share of pain later, when they are unsucessful and everyone is grown up and has realised that they are nasty people and they have no friends. They will learn their lesson.
You should never shoot someone. Not unless they have done something TRULY horrible, not unless you are Saddam Huessein or Hitler. Are you saying that what the bullies did is the same as what Hitler and Saddam did? Because they are getting the same punnishment. Death.
map_of_the_world
Thinking Happy Thoughts
map_of_the_world
April 30th, 2007 at 06:12am
It happens because of fights that may start out of school and one of the kids have gotten possesion of a firearm and come into the school. We could prevent it by being friendly to people even those who we wouldnt even think of calling our friends.
Geesus.
Motor Baby
Geesus.
April 30th, 2007 at 03:08pm
do you guys think that if the school knows a shooting is going to happen and they close school, and when they open it back up, won't it just happen anyways
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
April 30th, 2007 at 06:02pm
I honestly believe that.
I mean COME ON!
If you got one future mass shooter, doesn't mean someone else won't thin kof the idea and that the cops will catch `em.

This isn't a chick flick.

People do get influenced easily and yeah, it must super hard to try and control that.
Dr. Manhattan
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Manhattan
May 5th, 2007 at 02:41am
my school had a threat on
the 8 year anniversary of Columbine.
All im going to say about it is that when they
made us lock the doors and turn off the lights
i was scared shittles, i just kept thinking about
my family and all the people i loved, and i prayed
to god that everyone would be okay.
Dementorrr
Fabulous Killjoy
Dementorrr
May 6th, 2007 at 03:35pm
well i personally think its so dumb people go around shooting peoples brains out, but i think they do it:

1. To get a buzz outta it
2. They think its fun

What do u think?
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
May 7th, 2007 at 09:03pm
ThinkxHappyxThoughts:
Our high school gets a bomb threat at least once a month. They ignore them. One of these days the school is going to blow up, I swear.

ohdeargod
i hope not

talk about crying wolf!
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
May 7th, 2007 at 09:05pm
De_Tox6:
I think the killer didn't have the emotional releases which We have, that's why we never go on shooting sprees!

the kids at VT said it was no surprise which make sme believe they didnt even try to be friendly
that is no excuse however
and music can only go so far

its up to the ppl to make sure this doesnt happen again!
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 7th, 2007 at 09:58pm

I find school (or uni) shootings absolutely disgusting.
School/uni’s are supposed to be a place where people can go to to learn, and they should feel safe there. For somebody to go there with guns, or any kind of weapon (in my opinion) is terrible, and I think more needs to be done to combat this.

Yesterday, my uni was sent into lockdown after a guy went absolutely crazy and started screaming at people saying he was going to come back with a gun & a bomb. Yes, the uni was in “lockdown”, but my friends & I (who were in class about, 100m away? Not sure exactly) had NO IDEA that this was happening. The uni has issued a press release saying that all students in classes were notified by police/security personnel, but that’s not true. We had no idea whatsoever, and so when class went out we just left as usual, completely oblivious that our lives were potentially in danger.

Surely, if the uni had received threats of this nature, they should have notified people in classes. By not telling everybody, they were putting people in more danger. Basically, there needs to be a foolproof system by which people can be told about such things. The only thing I got from uni telling me about this was an email, which is pretty pointless as I, and many others I’m sure, don’t check my emails constantly. Maybe they need a system where they can SMS people, as in my opinion this would be far more effective.
feel the romance
Jazz Hands
feel the romance
May 13th, 2007 at 11:01pm
my school is closed tomorow, because someone wrote on a boys' lavatory door, " may 14th: WA Massacre" (WA= my school). nobody is sure if it is just a prank, or serrious. either way, im glad our school is taking it serriously. many people are complaining, because the school is adding another day on to the end of the year, to make up for tomorow. its just one day! i rather be safe than sorry..
im not sure what will happen on tuesday. i can only hope that is was a joke?
though whoever writes that sort of thing is just sick..
this past friday, 80% of the students went home early, because there was another potential gun threat. most of it was just rumours. but my best friend told me about a list of 44 students who the kid was "going to shoot" (he didnt even have a gun with him , when they found him). im not sure if the list is real or not. but it freaked me out.
school shootings are horrifying, and unessacary. how can people go to that extent, and kill others? not just people, but kids? kids who haven't gotten to live most of their lives yet.
it's just sad that these sort of things happen in today's world.
Save The Bunnies!!
Jazz Hands
Save The Bunnies!!
May 14th, 2007 at 02:05pm
feel the romance:
my school is closed tomorow, because someone wrote on a boys' lavatory door, " may 14th: WA Massacre" (WA= my school). nobody is sure if it is just a prank, or serrious. either way, im glad our school is taking it serriously. many people are complaining, because the school is adding another day on to the end of the year, to make up for tomorow. its just one day! i rather be safe than sorry..
im not sure what will happen on tuesday. i can only hope that is was a joke?
though whoever writes that sort of thing is just sick..
this past friday, 80% of the students went home early, because there was another potential gun threat. most of it was just rumours. but my best friend told me about a list of 44 students who the kid was "going to shoot" (he didnt even have a gun with him , when they found him). im not sure if the list is real or not. but it freaked me out.
school shootings are horrifying, and unessacary. how can people go to that extent, and kill others? not just people, but kids? kids who haven't gotten to live most of their lives yet.
it's just sad that these sort of things happen in today's world.
I dont know about you guys but I believe these types of events can be prevented

From not happening!

Think about it who are the ones who do these shootings?

The outkasts,the quiet ones,the ones who are made fun of,who are neglected at

home,the abused,the forgotten,the lost!

I believe if we took time to care about how other feel?

Then maybe we wouldnt have much events such as these school shootings!

And I think it is sad for people not to feel safe at school!