Don't have an account? Create one!

School Shootings

AuthorMessage
feel the romance
Jazz Hands
feel the romance
May 14th, 2007 at 03:10pm
yeah i totally agree with you..
that kid, who stole the gun on friday, he's a drug addict.. but my english teacher said he used to be such a nice kid.
people just get mixed up in the wrong kind of stuff, and they need help..
the gun was found.. i guess the kid stole it, then gave it to his friend cause he owed him money. they found the friend, and arrested him.
nobody has a clue who the message was written by in the bathroom... but it still freaks me out.
if people had more tolerance, and learned to accept others.. i think a lot could be prevented. a lot of people in my school dont take it serriously enough.
some people just have sick minds i guess, and need help.
Save The Bunnies!!
Jazz Hands
Save The Bunnies!!
May 14th, 2007 at 03:44pm
These people just dont turn into these type of people they have been,

neglected,abused,made fun of,all of there lives!

They just want to be heard and feel like they belong somewhere instead of being

hurt! They need help and teens these days are just so cruel so thats not helping

a bit! Have you ever noticed when these events do happen everybody referes them

as the quiet guy,or the weird guy!They need help!
ilovegerardway2much
Jazz Hands
ilovegerardway2much
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:15pm
its happening probably because someone is left out. especially with cliques and everything. not having friends, feeling the need4 revenge.
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
May 25th, 2007 at 11:21am
i think they should do like locker checks and stuff at schools.
feardeath
Fabulous Killjoy
feardeath
May 26th, 2007 at 02:48am
i recently watched on discovery about the shooting at Columbine University.. i'm not from the USA but i was so terrified and shocked. i think television and computer games (esp. the violent ones) and stuffs could somehow affect their minds. i'm not suggesting that stuffs like these should be banned, coz i myself enjoy playing gore and violent computer and play station games. most students who do this have some kind of grudge to other students and their school, and i think it also adds up to the factors. to stop it? i just don't know...
raventears
Killjoy
raventears
July 29th, 2007 at 08:18am
school shotings generally happen when a person has been bullied abused or both and they have had no productive ways to get out their negative feeling so they take their bad feelings out on people who have abused or bullied them or people who let the abuse and bulling happen the shootings and violent acts are a way to get all the negative feelings out they dont care about the consicunses sorry i sounded like a psycholigst i took a course in collge summer school
Collision Kisses
Killjoy
Collision Kisses
August 31st, 2007 at 03:20pm
school shootings are horrible and violence in schools in genral is horrible, my friend was stabbed in our shool bathroom by one of my classmates and as a result died, it was horrible because it happend during school so everyone at the school had to go through it, it was the most tiering day ive ever had, and now they are putting cameras in my school wich stinks even more...rew
Collision Kisses
Killjoy
Collision Kisses
August 31st, 2007 at 03:20pm
school shootings are horrible and violence in schools in genral is horrible, my friend was stabbed in our shool bathroom by one of my classmates and as a result died, it was horrible because it happend during school so everyone at the school had to go through it, it was the most tiering day ive ever had, and now they are putting cameras in my school wich stinks even more...
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
Killjoy
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
September 1st, 2007 at 03:49am
feardeath:
i recently watched on discovery about the shooting at Columbine University.. I'm not from the USA but i was so terrified and shocked. i think television and computer games (esp. the violent ones) and stuffs could somehow affect their minds. I'm not suggesting that stuffs like these should be banned, coz i myself enjoy playing gore and violent computer and play station games. most students who do this have some kind of grudge to other students and their school, and i think it also adds up to the factors. to stop it? i just don't know...

I'm in the Columbine graduating class of 2008.
Thought I'd point out first that it's a high school, not a university. Not that it matters. Perhaps it is true that in some cases school shooters are driven to it by bullying, abuse, and exclusion, but I highly doubt that was the case at Columbine. Eric might have been quiet and reserved, but Kleibold, according to my sister, did a lot of the bullying, not the other way around. To him I think the shooting was just a way to "get back" at the people that wouldn't let him downgrade them.

Of course, who knows what either of them were thinking?
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
September 6th, 2007 at 01:47am
school shootingsarent just cause the kid got abused etc etc
some may think there cool or some may think that if there having problems everyone should join him/her
there are other reasons why a person shoots.
its not right i beleive for someone to sell a gun to a kid espcially since now a days most kids are irrespponsible. lockers should be checked or there should be metal dectors.
school shootings are horrible the kid shooting isnt doing anything to make him/herself any happier its making it worse cause you've just killed or injured a person really badly!
SusieMC
Killjoy
SusieMC
September 6th, 2007 at 04:01pm
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx:
I'm in the Columbine graduating class of 2008.
Thought I'd point out first that it's a high school, not a university. Not that it matters. Perhaps it is true that in some cases school shooters are driven to it by bullying, abuse, and exclusion, but I highly doubt that was the case at Columbine. Eric might have been quiet and reserved, but Kleibold, according to my sister, did a lot of the bullying, not the other way around. To him I think the shooting was just a way to "get back" at the people that wouldn't let him downgrade them.

Of course, who knows what either of them were thinking?

I live across the street from Columbine....I graduated from Chatfield. I agree with you. I've been told by those that knew them that neither was bullied to the extent that would cause them to do what they did.

After listening to people go round and round and then round again about what went on there.....I truly believe it would not have been prevented.
Lady Deathstrike
Killjoy
Lady Deathstrike
September 7th, 2007 at 12:26am
Which kind of school shooting? The kind where a kid or two kids take guns and just kill their classmates or the kind that occurs between two rivals or gangs fighting?
thedevilsnightmare
Jazz Hands
thedevilsnightmare
September 7th, 2007 at 06:50pm
a couple years ago at my county's high school there was a shooting (I was in middle school) but one of the principal's was killed and 2 srsly injured. it really shows u it can happen anywhere. Oh, and then they blame it cuz that guy listened to Marylin Manson. Rolling Eyes
xBELLAxMUERTEx
Bleeding on the Floor
xBELLAxMUERTEx
September 8th, 2007 at 05:01am
When it comes to school shootings, I think something's wrong with me. There must be.
For whatever reason, I've loved murder for a long time. Not that I'd ever do it, but the concept of it, I just love it.
Whenever I'm in a school, all I can think about is school shootings. Watching commercials for High School Musical, seeing the hallways; there's that thought again.

I know this isn't really on topic here but, is there something wrong with me?
Lady Deathstrike
Killjoy
Lady Deathstrike
September 8th, 2007 at 08:59am
^not nesissarily, unless you act out on it. Trust me when I say you're not the only one intrigued by murder. But yea, there's a hell of alot of people I imagine shooting at school if i had the crazy and the gun to do it.
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
September 8th, 2007 at 09:07am
fxmous-lxst-words:
i think they should do like locker checks and stuff at schools.

at our school, they bring in drug dogs at random times so people don't have notice to clean out their lockers.

I think there can be so many factors in school shootings.
bullying, abuse, neglect, mental illness, drug use.
something makes these kids want revenge, and we need to learn to fix the problems instead of just letting them stew inside of these kids.

read Give A Boy A Gun.
it's a book about a (fictional) school shooting from a whole bunch of points of view.
it's really riveting and I really think everyone should read it.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 08:47pm
Do you think a school shooting or kidnapping, like the Beslan one a few years ago, is worse?
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
October 20th, 2007 at 11:15am
Have people in the UK noticed they hardly report on US School Shootings over here anymore, because they are so common. Like, a few months ago, VA Tech got front page news, but that recent one only got a tiny column in page two. I didn't even see it on TV over on. And there was another, but I never heard anything about that.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 21st, 2007 at 12:14pm
The last one I heard about was the other day, but the coverage was really poor.

How often are they?

To my knowledge they were pretty rare, but I guess I'm wrong.

Over here in the UK, I find that school stabbings are more common than shooting.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
October 21st, 2007 at 07:54pm
Yeah the stabbings are getting bad over here.