May 30th, 2006 at 03:37pm
How do you feel about plastic surgery?
Is there anything you want done?
Can it go too far?
Disarm; Nicole
Salute You in Your Grave
Disarm; Nicole
May 30th, 2006 at 03:40pm
Plastic surgery = stupid. It's selfishness. There are people in hospitals who are actually suffering from illnesses and are eventually going to die. Why do doctors have to waste their time fixing some stupid person's face because they think they're ugly or fat? Unless your weight is affecting your health or your a burn victim or something like that, cosmetic surgery is dumb.
antennas to heaven.
Banned
antennas to heaven.
May 30th, 2006 at 03:41pm
I think some people go over the top when they have plastic surgery. Like yeah, if you don't like your nose, or something. Then go ahead, but I think some people do too much to themselves, and they end up looking fake.
But if thats what people want, then I don't mind what they do to themselves.
I'm on the radio!!
Salute You in Your Grave
I'm on the radio!!
May 30th, 2006 at 03:43pm
It's disgusting and should be banned. Why would you want to tamper with your body when it makes you you?

Okay so some people think their boobs are to small but that's what makes them them right?

If they have bigger boobs doesn't that make them different?

I don't agree with it and anyway look at Micheal Jackson as an exaple. When he was a kid he was actually quite cute. He now looks like a woman. Plus he used to be black and he is now white (yeah I know "it doesn't matter if you're black or white) but I think that just shows that he didn't like being black or something. I don't know.

I do know that I'm totally against it.
vale.
Shotgun Sinner
vale.
May 30th, 2006 at 03:43pm
Nobody is perfect, and those who try to obtain perfection by getting plastic surgery often fall short.
It's perfectly understandable if the surgery is necessary, but when people go in and try to make something better just for the hell of it, it never works out in the end.
nina;
Awake and Unafraid
nina;
May 30th, 2006 at 03:52pm
If I said that I didn't want to have my nose smaller, I would be a liar.

I'm not against it, and I'm not for it.
Not very nice
Shotgun Sinner
Not very nice
May 30th, 2006 at 04:01pm
I think plastic surgery is sometimes neccisary, for say like you had no nose at all, and it could be grafted on.
Cosmetic surgery is cool if thats what you want, personalyl I think its a bit stupid really, but if you want to take the risks and stuff it's your body, so do what you want.
I don't think I want to change anything about me, and even if I had a gajillion pounds I wouldn't get plastic surgery.
john bonham.
Bulletproof Heart
john bonham.
May 30th, 2006 at 04:11pm
I think plastic surgery is a bit wrong. But if people want to change their appearance, even if it means permanetely destroying it, and having to live with it... I say, go for it.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
May 30th, 2006 at 04:14pm
if the technology is there then people should be able to use it. denying someone the chance to change their life around shouldn't be banned just because some people think plastic surgery is shallow. many people who are very against it seem to me to be reasonably good looking. if you're really unhappy with the way you look, why not change it if you can, if it really will change your life. however, i do think people overestimate the power of good looks, especially since much surgery doesn't always improve your looks.
when jess was young.
Shotgun Sinner
when jess was young.
May 30th, 2006 at 04:14pm
I would never get anyhitng done...some people die when they do that Shocked
but if someone wants to destroy themselves...then fine..go right ahead
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
May 30th, 2006 at 04:23pm
my mum had a nose job when she was younger and she said it really changed her life, gave her so much more confidence. and i wouldnt really say she's a vain person either. she just had a very offensive nose. Shocked
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
May 30th, 2006 at 05:11pm
I think in some situations, where the person has really really low self esteem and it would really help, it could be useful, and also to treat injuries, try to return the person to normal. But how it's used these days, stupid. Fake fake fake. Be who you are.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
May 30th, 2006 at 05:18pm
I only agree with plastic surgery only if the patients are people with malformations or who have remained desfigurated after an accident. In any other cases , I think it's just vanity.Humans are not ment to be perfect. We're not born perfect, so we shouldn't try to become perfect
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
May 30th, 2006 at 05:21pm
but people strive for perfection in other aspects of life. some people strive to score 5 out of 5 penalties; some people for top grades in exams; some for the perfect figure. why is it that when someone wants to improve their appearance that that's called "vanity" whereas when someone wants to improve their IQ that's acceptable?
dean moriarty.
Banned
dean moriarty.
May 30th, 2006 at 05:23pm
Unless it's needed, as in after emergency surgery or something, then No.
Nathalie Is Forever
Salute You in Your Grave
Nathalie Is Forever
May 30th, 2006 at 05:24pm
Alas, Babylon:
Nobody is perfect, and those who try to obtain perfection by getting plastic surgery often fall short.
It's perfectly understandable if the surgery is necessary, but when people go in and try to make something better just for the hell of it, it never works out in the end.

Yup yup
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
May 30th, 2006 at 05:26pm
I'm not against, or for plastic surgery.
Personally, I would never get it done myself. If you've had an accident, or were born with a deformity, then I say go for it.
I don't agree with the chin, cheek, breast and God knows what else implants. I think alot of that has to do with people being influenced by the media.
secret_goldfish
Shotgun Sinner
secret_goldfish
May 30th, 2006 at 05:38pm
Nay. plastic was not meant to be placed under the skin, deformity or not.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
May 30th, 2006 at 05:43pm
clarissa:
why is it that when someone wants to improve their appearance that that's called "vanity" whereas when someone wants to improve their IQ that's acceptable?

Because those people who study hard could really make a difference in this world. They might find a cure for cancer , for example. And, in time , as more and more people acquire more knowledge , the human species evolves.This is why it's acceptable
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
May 30th, 2006 at 05:51pm
gia:
clarissa:
why is it that when someone wants to improve their appearance that that's called "vanity" whereas when someone wants to improve their IQ that's acceptable?

Because those people who study hard could really make a difference in this world. They might find a cure for cancer , for example. And, in time , as more and more people acquire more knowledge , the human species evolves.This is why it's acceptable

what about all the 'beautiful' supermodels and actors/actresses who raise money for charities/raise awareness and help to improve the lives of people in third world countries, for example? what anyone pay much attention to the problem if they weren't made aware of it through a celebrity, but through someone really intelligent who worked really hard and who highlighted an issue? just a thought, i don't know really. i just think that people can be intelligent and beautiful and be valuable to society in both ways.