Plastic Surgery

AuthorMessage
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
October 14th, 2007 at 01:34pm
A lot of people are saying that no one should get it done unless there's health
issues involved, but what about mental health issues. People can get
depressed over how they look quite easily.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
October 14th, 2007 at 03:56pm
Shatterheart loser.:

I agree with that. Someone can be so beautiful but they might look at themselves differently so they go and get this stuff done.
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
October 14th, 2007 at 08:19pm
I think it's actually quite stupid. Changing yourself, you loose the you. (though that probably made no sense). Everyone thinks there is something wrong with them now a days, and honestly, if everyone was given the chance to change ANYTHING on them if they could, they would. And I doubt a lot (if anyone) can say that truly like the way they look and are 100% comfortable with the way they look. But going into surgery because of it, unless its for health, or burn mark reasons, or God knows what else reason that could seriously kill/hurt you is really disturbing, disgusting, and ultimately stupid. I mean, things can go WRONG with it, people can make mistakes. One stroke of the knife, could do anything. Like I said, disturbing thought.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 14th, 2007 at 08:36pm
Well then think of it this way. People want their OUTSIDE to match their INSIDE. Think about transgendered people..they do it for that reason. The point is, have a little heart.
There could be an ugly person out there who has a beautiful personality, but might have a hard time getting a date because of the way they look. Fixing your outside gives people a better chance to see your inside.

I think people should be liberated enough to look the way THEY WANT. You shouldn't be forced to accept what your given if you can make a positive chance in your life.
misa misa.
Shotgun Sinner
misa misa.
October 15th, 2007 at 06:41am
pyschochip:
It's like they cater to women's insecurities

i think this is a good point and a real problem with cosmetic surgery. it is important to make sure that having plastic surgery avialable doe not create pressure to adhere to these unrealistic definitions of beauty and increase insecurity and negative body image. how this can be done i am not sure
CyanideRomantic
Killjoy
CyanideRomantic
October 16th, 2007 at 06:36pm
You know..im not seriously planning on getting any plastic surgery, once or twice I have thought to myself, maybe ill make my tits bigger. but tI believe that if you have the money and its what you really want then you can go for it. Im not going to judge a person because they have gotten plastic surgery, i just laugh at them when it looks like shit. But you guys never know what may happen in the future, you might resort to Plastic surgery for some reason later on in life, you know so you can get some action when your sent to the nursing home; )-Love, Val
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
October 16th, 2007 at 09:34pm
I think if someone is really unhappy about they way they look and its affecting how they feel about themselves, causing depression etc. Then i think they can make their own decisions about whether to have it done. I don't think it's something to take light heartedly though, If you're considering having it done then make sure you're 100% sure.

Personally i'm not a fan, everyone hates something about themselves, it's natural ((if you look in the mirror and don't like what you see you can find out first hand what it's like to be me)). I also believe that everyone is special and you look like yourself for a reason, I mean when you look at yourself you're looking at the genes from 2 families coming together which i just think is so amazing. Life never ceases to amaze me.
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
January 13th, 2008 at 10:01am
I only agree with plastic surgery if someone is disfigured or has been in an accident - things along those lines.
I don't think people should undergo plastic surgery merely for the reasons that they want a better body/appearence because before we know it, we're all going to end up as clones and we'll live in a society where you can't be accepted at all if you're not perfection. Sadly to some extent, this has started to apply.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
January 13th, 2008 at 01:26pm
Shatterheart loser.:

Firstly, why use a physical "remedy" to try to fix a mental problem? And secondly, if it's a mental problem, appeasing it by getting surgery to look better isn't going to do any good because it will manifest itself in other ways.

Personally I am for "optional" plastic surgery if the patient is mentally sound and knows what s/he is getting into, but if their wanting plastic surgery is because of a mental disorder, that's pretty sketchy and can become harmful to him/her.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
January 13th, 2008 at 01:48pm
Vampire Shadows:
I only agree with plastic surgery if someone is disfigured or has been in an accident - things along those lines.
I don't think people should undergo plastic surgery merely for the reasons that they want a better body/appearence because before we know it, we're all going to end up as clones and we'll live in a society where you can't be accepted at all if you're not perfection. Sadly to some extent, this has started to apply.

It's not really like that at all. think of it this way, i'll use a personal example. I think I am a fairly attractive girl, but I have a nose that goes very far down, and a clef in my chin. In all of my years, those are the only two things people have been able to make fun of me for, and it's pretty annoying. I would love to have plastic surgery to fix them (im not sure if I ever will), because I would feel so much more secure with myself, and be able to be more proud of who I am.

Why is that wrong?
Muffin Top
Jazz Hands
Muffin Top
January 14th, 2008 at 07:39pm
Well i am for it in some aspects. I have this birthmark on my left leg that starts at my knee and goes all the way down to my calf...i got teased a lot and people told me that i looked like i had mennigicoccol (sp?). I went to all the doctors i could find and they said i would have to live with it for the rest of my life. Until one day this doctor said he could fix it with laser surgery (a form of plastic surgery).

Even though it didn't really fix my problem i was willing to try everything to get rid of it. So if people don't like their nose, breasts, or wrinkles i think they are entitled to try it if it means they won't get hasseled by society....i mean i did it
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
January 15th, 2008 at 11:33am
If you think it will make you feel better or more confident about yourself, then why not?
But once they've fixed one fault, they're always going to find another.

Surgery won't help you feel 'perfect'.
It sounds corny, but has to come from within.
icyblues
Motor Baby
icyblues
January 24th, 2008 at 03:48pm
ok well plastic surgery in my opinion is a waste of time, i would never do it to myself only if i really needed to have it for an important reason but people go wayy to far with it like they get it every year or changing everything about you. as ugly i think i am i would never do it because personally your looks kinda make you who you are. but its not my life its the people that choose it and i cant stop anybody from doing it.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
January 25th, 2008 at 11:09pm
How do you feel about plastic surgery?
Personally, I think it's mostly a field of medicine that shouldn't exist .I understand needing plastic surgery if you have severe burns or some other disfiguring problem (a real one, not "I can't see in-between my thighs, i need lipo" ) But beyond that, I think it's an insult to your higher power and yourself. You're not making yourself better by getting your bones scraped down, chemicals and plastics injected into you, you're just mutilating yourself. You aren't respecting yourself. I do understand wanting it for something like the birthmark mentioned above, but I still think a body should be left alone. If someone really wants to change how they look, they should exercise or change old unhealthy habits. Taking a scalpel to your skin seems to me a waste of time.

Is there anything you want done?
No way.

Can it go too far?
I think so. Even though I know plastic surgery is never going to be stopped, (It's a billion-dollar industry, c'mon), I think there should be limits. Maybe less personal gain and more health gain. Maybe only a certain amount of surgeries per person. I really disrespect plastic surgery because it changes many perceptions, but not the one it's taken to change. That is, a person's self-perception. Because surgery can wear off, and then what? The person never changed how they thought of themselves. It changes how people view a person (plastic v.s. real) and how people think a person should look. There are kids at my school who think it's completely natural for every woman to look like Barbie because there are women out there with size 0 waists and double D boobs. I'm not saying it's completely impossible though. I have a friend who is actually that size, but naturally.

Idk, it's not a favorable thing to me.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
January 26th, 2008 at 09:18am
How do you feel about plastic surgery?
Each to their own really, if you want it get it done, know the risks and if your willing to pay the hefty price then go ahead, If you end up with a disfigured face then accept it because it was brought upon yourself.

Is there anything you want done?
I'd like liposuction because I don't have the health to go out and burn fat off, I suffer from an illness that leaves me with not alot of energy.

Can it go too far?
Yes in some cases, people get carried away with everything like drugs or alcohol, they go to fix something then find something else about themselves they don't like, its what humans do.
CakePlease.
Motor Baby
CakePlease.
January 26th, 2008 at 03:47pm
I think people weird thing about plastic surgery is that a lot of people have it done because they want to look as pretty as possible but for me it takes away the most beutiful part of anyone which is their human aspect.
I obviously agree that plastic surgery should be used for medical situations but as far as just mental im not sure, in one way it might make someone feel a lot better about them selves but then it could easily turn into another persons heroin.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
January 26th, 2008 at 05:47pm
XD I don't think it's taking away any beautiful part of someone, unless that someone is being stupid and hasty.

Like...on any normal circumstance you would find this guy hidious
http://insearchoftheweird.com/photos/ugly14nk.jpg
there is NO denying that

but if he had platic surgery and looked like this
http://content2.myyearbook.com/zenhex/images/quiz21/102922/102922_res1.jpg

well..there you go
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
January 26th, 2008 at 05:53pm
I've read articles in magazines about people changing after cosmetic surgery, personaliy wise.
For example, instead of boosting their confidence, they become arrogant and bigheaded, not modest and acheiving.
Or they become 'slutty' - not that I'm saying that's a bad thing, just different from how they were before.
Which can result in the loss of loved ones.

*thinking of a way of tying that into the discussion*

Meh, sorry. "/
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
January 26th, 2008 at 05:53pm
Double post, sorry. "/
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
January 26th, 2008 at 06:22pm
That happens naturally too. I know a boy that was sweet beyond belief when he was younger, but he was also fat and ugly. Then he stopped eating and started getting serious about his looks. He is the most arrogant and self centered guy I know now. I think if you are less attractive and you then change, you tend to do that.