Don't have an account? Create one!

Plastic Surgery

AuthorMessage
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
February 23rd, 2008 at 02:29pm
If you're not blind or haven't spent years disciplining yourself and you say that you don't care about your looks, you're more likely than not a liar. It's not just about what other people think, it's about what you yourself think.

If you really think you don't care--do you shave your legs or wear makeup, or wear your hair in different styles, or do your eyebrows? All of these are things that people do to change their appearance for the benefit of themselves and others. Not as drastic as plastic surgery, obviously, but it's the same idea.

I personally don't think you should care too much about your appearance, but the fact is that I do care, and if I think I look bad for whatever reason, it doesn't make me feel happy. And if you're really that upset with something about your appearance, like you think your nose is too large or have some sort of a birthmark you don't like, I think you have every right to change that about yourself.

AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
February 23rd, 2008 at 02:34pm
The reason people change their appearance through plastic surgery is probably because they are insecure about something or other.
and why are people insecure with their looks? Because in 99% of the time they compare themselves with the mainstream and the "norm," even if it's not direct direct comparison, it's subconcious, and therefore, is still a comparison.

You have to look at the reason WHY people are insecure, and this reason tells you why people often times get plastic surgery.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
February 24th, 2008 at 03:19pm
But putting on makeup is a bit different than getting someone to cut open your face and grind down the cartilage in your nose, wouldn't you agree?
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
February 24th, 2008 at 03:40pm
Oh sure it is, and I definitely see the difference. I spend time on my appearance but I wouldn't personally get major surgery to alter it unless something happened to me--burn scars or something like that. I just think that saying you shouldn't care about how you looks is BS because nearly everyone cares. Again I do see the difference between caring and caring that much, but if you have something that you consider a defect--birth mark, your nose is crooked, whatever--and it really does bother you that much and make you consistently insecure, I think you have the right to change that about yourself, as long as you know what you're getting into. The only exception to that in my mind is people who have a preexisting problem with self-esteem or body image, because then as soon as their nose is straight, they'll notice how flabby their arms are, or that they can never get their stomach to be completely flat with any amount of dieting, etc.

DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
February 24th, 2008 at 05:17pm
Faye Merci:
But putting on makeup is a bit different than getting someone to cut open your face and grind down the cartilage in your nose, wouldn't you agree?

To me, it's the same. I mean, either way, your trying to alter yourself, but some people want a more fixable solution, or perhaps makeup won't cover what they want. It's like chemically straightening your hair. I have done it, even though the risks are terrible, you could easily go bald if your hair can't handle it, but I hated my Curly hair THAT much, and just wanted it GONE.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
February 25th, 2008 at 03:50pm

I agree totally with what 'Die! Die! Die!' has said throughout this thread- plastic surgery shouldn't be something frowned upon. If that is what the person knows that they want, then why not alter how you look to provide you with confident or self-happiness? If that's what you really feel that you need, I say go for it.

Myself, personally, would never get anything done but that's because I don't believe the outside is terribly important. Obviously, it's nice to feel good inside AND out but I don't think I could go through with permentantly altering my appearance. However, to those I do, I have nothing but luck for and hope they find happiness as it does take a lot of courage to do something as drastic as that.
WW108
In The Murder Scene
WW108
March 6th, 2008 at 04:11pm
If people want to change their faces, or legs or whatever I think that is okay.
Many people say that "you shouldn't make yourself pretty just becuase you want other people to like you"..But what if the person doesn't like his og her own looks? Should they be forced to be stuck in a body they hate?

/Sorry if my English is crappy, I'm from Norway
rick rape.
Banned
rick rape.
March 6th, 2008 at 04:13pm
I have absolutely no problem with plastic sugery but when people start to take it over the edge, it starts to get annoying.
AilzRequiem
Killjoy
AilzRequiem
March 6th, 2008 at 09:45pm
Plastic surgery should just be that - surgery. If you can afford it and if you want it, then fine. But it should be something you think through before you go and do it - it's hard to reverse, and it'll definitely leave scars. If you do want it then you should go through a reputable doctor.

Some types of plastic surgery are simply ridiculous, like plastic surgery on your genitals, for instance. Utter bullshit. But if you're really willing to remove all sensitivity in that area (as is what happens with a lot of genital surgery and breast augmentation) then, be my guest.
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
March 8th, 2008 at 11:34am
I don't agree with plastic surgery.
I think it's just a way for people to spend a whole lot of money to show that they are wealthy and can get the latest thing.
I also think it just messes up your face and body.
My opinion : You're gonna age old and wrinkly! Deal with it!
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
March 8th, 2008 at 11:47am
BANG;:
I don't agree with plastic surgery.
I think it's just a way for people to spend a whole lot of money to show that they are wealthy and can get the latest thing.
I also think it just messes up your face and body.
My opinion : You're gonna age old and wrinkly! Deal with it!
but what about people who have problems with their self-confidence because of the way they look? what if they have the money and know the risks and still want it done? would you be willing to deny someone their happiness because it's expensive?
jonas erik altberg.
Banned
jonas erik altberg.
March 8th, 2008 at 01:29pm
To be honest you you all is that I think it's selfish. No offense. But, everyone in the world should be unique, everybody is beautiful. Yeah, what if their nose is too big or their tits are too small. But, i'm not totally against it. I mean, has anyone seen that famous fashion designer who's has plastic surgery so many times her face looks like it gonna explode? < I call that selfish.
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
March 8th, 2008 at 02:07pm
tourniquet.:
but what about people who have problems with their self-confidence because of the way they look? what if they have the money and know the risks and still want it done? would you be willing to deny someone their happiness because it's expensive?

I see your point. I know not everyone who has plastic surgery is a rich snob.
But in my opinion, getting a new nose isn't the best way to boost confidence. There must be other ways.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
March 8th, 2008 at 03:05pm
Sometimes it is. If you don't like something, why not fix it? You arn't hurting a soul, you are only gaining something positive.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
March 8th, 2008 at 05:30pm
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
Sometimes it is. If you don't like something, why not fix it? You arn't hurting a soul, you are only gaining something positive.
mm yeah i kinda agree with you
but its not so great when you completely change every little thing
okay a few allterations here and there
but you shouldnt do change everything about yourself
Kayla Doesn't Care
Fabulous Killjoy
Kayla Doesn't Care
March 8th, 2008 at 06:36pm
If it makes people happy then they should do it...
well as long as they don't over do it... you need to still look some-what natural.
I plan on getting plastic surgery, work on my nose and breast implants.
(brandon says their a good size but it's for my confidence, not his pleasure lol)
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
March 9th, 2008 at 03:42am
AilzRequiem:

Some types of plastic surgery are simply ridiculous, like plastic surgery on your genitals, for instance. Utter bullshit. But if you're really willing to remove all sensitivity in that area (as is what happens with a lot of genital surgery and breast augmentation) then, be my guest.

So you don't agree with sex change operations for transgenders / transexuals...?
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 9th, 2008 at 08:50am
Bad Businessman?:
Oh sure it is, and I definitely see the difference. I spend time on my appearance but I wouldn't personally get major surgery to alter it unless something happened to me--burn scars or something like that. I just think that saying you shouldn't care about how you looks is BS because nearly everyone cares. Again I do see the difference between caring and caring that much, but if you have something that you consider a defect--birth mark, your nose is crooked, whatever--and it really does bother you that much and make you consistently insecure, I think you have the right to change that about yourself, as long as you know what you're getting into. The only exception to that in my mind is people who have a preexisting problem with self-esteem or body image, because then as soon as their nose is straight, they'll notice how flabby their arms are, or that they can never get their stomach to be completely flat with any amount of dieting, etc.

i think i pretty much agree with Bad Bizman. imho if u r going for surgery, u need to really take a good hard look at the reasons u're doing it -- which is smthg any good cosmetic surgeon worth his/her degree should advise anyway. will u be ok with ur body once it's done? or will it be the start to more & more 'reconstructions' -- until u end up a different person altogether?

its definitely not a decision to be made lightly, no matter how much money u got.
Spirited Away
Joining The Black Parade
Spirited Away
March 22nd, 2008 at 12:44am
What do I think about plastic surgery? Well, I think that its stupid. Sorry if you've had plastic surgery done. I just think that you should appreciate who you are and the body that you've been given. Everyone probably has one flaw that they dont like about themselves. No one is perfect ( I think we learned that from miss hannah montanna). Plastic surgery just makes you look fake and doesnt make a very good impression on most people. I dont think plastic surgery should be done. Everyone should love their bodies and who they are. Remember what Gerard said to all you girls out there.
ladygelliza
Bleeding on the Floor
ladygelliza
March 22nd, 2008 at 02:43am
i think you should only get it if you like have a medical problem with a body part and you need to get plastic surgery