April 3rd, 2008 at 09:12pm
uhokaythen.

heh, some sort of argumentt?
Let's be open minded please.

So, my view is.

>>most youths find themselves unattractive

>finding yourself unattractive is NOT always the reason for
plastic surgerehh

>>like someone above said, maybe we're supposed to love ourselves for who we are but a lot of us don't, it's normal

I hatehate how the media focuses on this shizz. It's....dumb.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
April 3rd, 2008 at 09:33pm
Well for some people it is. There are a lot of personal values, and looks may not be something you consider worth surgery, but what me and a select others are arguing is that for some people, it is, and there is NOTHING wrong with that.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
April 3rd, 2008 at 10:24pm
I admit I want to get a nose job, in all honesty there is nothing wrong with my nose, but I want a better nose.
what I find ridicoulous is boob jobs, I was watching a documentry on the effects afterwards, and they are believe to increase the chances of most cancers, it causes a lack of milk if you get pregnant and they only really last for 10 years. My aunt works for a plastic surgian, she told me all the time people who have a C bra size will come in cause they want D or whatever, I mean unless your so self conciuss I don't think its worth the risk. there was a lady who had pretty large boobs to begin with got the surgery heard of all the risk and cut her boobs open till she could get the cylicone (sp?) and she has scars from getting the implants and taking them out, is it worth it?
morris bernard
Killjoy
morris bernard
April 4th, 2008 at 04:33am
plastic surgery is fine if you do it for you and only you because you want it.not to try and make someone else jealous or to try and get them to notice you because you will always feel inadequate to that person
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
April 7th, 2008 at 08:36am
i'm against plastic surgery if its main purpose is to make people appreciate and notice you
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
April 9th, 2008 at 10:22am
I've noticed that a lot of people on this thread are so quick to say "Oh, people should just be themselves and be happy with what they were born with".
But just to put my point into context, what about dyed hair?
How many of you who claimed that people should "be happy" or whatever with themselves have or have had your hair dyed? Maybe your friends or family have dyed hair. Do you preach to them about how they should be happy with the hair they naturally have? :/

It's the same principle. You're cosmetically changing your appearance to benefit yourself. That's pretty much the same as a lot of plastic surgery.

The reason I'm bringing the hair analogy up is because dying one's hair is a very common practice.
drink ourselves dry.
Crash Queen
drink ourselves dry.
April 12th, 2008 at 10:24pm
I think the only reason people do it is because they feel self conscious about the way they look. In a way, its' hard to accept the person you are physically.
So as an option, they choose to change the way they look. I think it's stupid.
But, it's your choice. If you want to do it, then go ahead.
But it's easier to accept the person you truly are, rather then spending thousands (?) to change how you look.
B-612
Joining The Black Parade
B-612
April 13th, 2008 at 01:07pm
^^people are willing to spend a lot of money on tattoos and peircings and shoes and haircuts to change the way they look, too. Just about all of them carry (sometimes severe) health risks as well. Why is that any different than plastic surgery?
Griffin's Gunn.
Jazz Hands
Griffin's Gunn.
April 13th, 2008 at 01:31pm
I'm for it, if it makes you happy, then do it. If your not comfertable with your looks, then I'd say it's ok.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
April 13th, 2008 at 08:21pm
Devotchka:
^^people are willing to spend a lot of money on tattoos and peircings and shoes and haircuts to change the way they look, too. Just about all of them carry (sometimes severe) health risks as well. Why is that any different than plastic surgery?

Exactly. That's what I was trying to point out. There are many different ways that people can cosmetically change themselves, and plastic surgery is just one of them.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 13th, 2008 at 08:38pm
Sprinkles:
Devotchka:

Exactly. That's what I was trying to point out. There are many different ways that people can cosmetically change themselves, and plastic surgery is just one of them.

you know... i dont agree with plasic surgery, but after reading your opinions, im really more... enlightened about it, i guess.
i understand why people are doing it. im not so much against it now. just against it for myself. and maybe the people who are too over the extreme...
but thanks for your opinions Smile
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 16th, 2008 at 06:38am

Saying "Plastic Surgery is wrong" is a very misinformed choice if you don't really know what plastic surgery is.

Reconstructive plastic surgery
Reconstructive Plastic Surgery is performed to correct functional impairments caused by:
burns
traumatic injuries, such as facial bone fractures
congenital abnormalities, such as cleft lip, or cleft palate
developmental abnormalities
infection or disease
removal of cancers or tumors, such as a mastectomy
Source

So no, not all plastic surgery is bad.

Cosmetic surgery I am still undecided... I mean some people may have really bad self-esteem issues, and plastic surgery could solve that. But I guess having a billion surgeries to look like a Barbie Doll is just creepy and unnecessary.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
April 16th, 2008 at 01:22pm

There's also some things that are sort of borderline between the two. Someone with a high risk for skin cancer might want to get a mole removed even if it's not cancerous, just to err on the side of caution. While that might seem like a vanity thing--removing a spot from your face or your arm or whatever--it really could save you all sorts of trouble down the line.

Becky
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Becky
April 17th, 2008 at 09:22pm
I believe that in some cases it okay.The most being something like breast reconstruction which is considered plastic surgery beacuse why would you want a reminder of a time when you had cancer and could have died and some other cases. But I think that some people just go to far with it and waste thousands of dollars on something that could have been resolved with exercise and healthy eating.
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
April 20th, 2008 at 05:54am
I think its okay if like you have a medical reason or it increases your self esteem. Too many people suffer from low esteem so if it makes you happier than that's a good thing, but be wary becuase Plastic Surgery can be a lot worse tahn hair dye if it goes wrong
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
May 3rd, 2008 at 08:17pm
I think plastic surgery is fine if you actually need it, like if you were in a horrible accident and you needed your face reconstructed or something. I support breast reduction but not breast implants. I don't support plastic surgery if you only want it to look nicer. I think there should be an age restriction on plastic surgery, like 18 or 19 [unless you actually need plastic surgery before then] because when you're a child or teen, your body is still growing and when you get older you might change your mind on getting plastic surgery.

Wow, big post that made no sense. "/
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 1st, 2008 at 12:36pm
I belive that plastic surgery is a waste, we were made the way that we were meant to be, why would you want to change that. People do go way to far with plastic surgery when they don't look NATURAL anymore, instead they look like plastic dolls.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 1st, 2008 at 01:26pm
I'm all for plastic surgery. I don't like it when it's been taken to the extreme, I find it creepy, but if that's what someone wants it's fine. I myself am, hopefully, getting plastic surgery soon. Not for a nose job or anything, to remove some very unwanted scar tissue.

The only thing that really bothers me about it is that there are so many unlicensed surgeons out there who are still practicing. I feel so bad for the people who get botched plastic surgeries. I mean, you go in thinking you're going to come out more beautiful and then the doctor screws up and you get disfigured instead.
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
August 1st, 2008 at 03:58pm
I'm agaisnt plastic surgery because I just personally find it weird tomove around your skin to make you feel better about the way you look, but I do think it's acceptable if someone needs it if they've been in a accident or have had serious burns and stuff like that.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 1st, 2008 at 06:11pm

^^ What about if the person was suffering huge emotional trauma over the body part(s) that they dontlike? They could be seriously depressed and see plastic surgery as the way to fix it.

Im all for Plastic Surgery, if your willing to take the risk of undergoing surgery and willing to pay I see no reak reaosn why people shouldn't.