Don't have an account? Create one!

Plastic Surgery

AuthorMessage
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
May 30th, 2006 at 06:01pm
clarissa:
what about all the 'beautiful' supermodels and actors/actresses who raise money for charities/raise awareness and help to improve the lives of people in third world countries, for example? what anyone pay much attention to the problem if they weren't made aware of it through a celebrity, but through someone really intelligent who worked really hard and who highlighted an issue? just a thought, i don't know really. i just think that people can be intelligent and beautiful and be valuable to society in both ways.

I just think this beauty isn't really true, and people who are famous just for their looks annoy me anyway. Nice that they're doing that, but it doesn't justify plastic surgery.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
May 30th, 2006 at 06:05pm
without.a.sound:
I just think this beauty isn't really true, and people who are famous just for their looks annoy me anyway. Nice that they're doing that, but it doesn't justify plastic surgery.

yes, many people who have had plastic surgery too much do not look beautiful, and sometimes make me feel queasy. but then again, what's 'true' beauty?
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
May 30th, 2006 at 06:09pm
More like being beautiful in your personality and how you feel about yourself, rather than just how you look is my opinion on what is closer to true beauty. I don't really know how to phrase it.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
May 30th, 2006 at 06:23pm
^ i'd have to go with that definition too.
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
May 30th, 2006 at 07:59pm
I am not for it or against it. Sometimes peolple need it if they get into a bad car accident/fire/etc. Sometimes people have a small inperfection bothering them that they want to fix. Those things a perfectly fine.

But when some people take it to the extreme with countless procedures, fixing everything about them. You know these types of people. That's when I disagree with it.
dearsami
Demolition Lover
dearsami
May 30th, 2006 at 10:15pm
I really think it is stupid, you should be happy with yourself.
But you know, if someone wants to change themself, let them. They're the idiots.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
May 30th, 2006 at 10:16pm
Its disgusting...
Bite-me-not.
Always Born a Crime
Bite-me-not.
May 30th, 2006 at 10:19pm
Queen of Apology:
I am not for it or against it. Sometimes peolple need it if they get into a bad car accident/fire/etc. Sometimes people have a small inperfection bothering them that they want to fix. Those things a perfectly fine.

But when some people take it to the extreme with countless procedures, fixing everything about them. You know these types of people. That's when I disagree with it.

Exactly. It's unhealthy when people become obsessed with plastic surgeries and ruin their bodies. I think it's perfectly fine if you were in an accident of some sort or were born with a deformity. And like Queen of Apology said, maybe even small imperfections. That doesn't bother me and I don't think it's wrong. It's the tearing apart your body countless times trying to be satisifed with the skin you're in that bothers me.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 30th, 2006 at 10:21pm
I've wanted my nose done since I was 12, but it's not something I obsess about. I'll get it done when I know I can absolutely afford it, and there's nothing else I should spend that kind of money on.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
May 30th, 2006 at 10:21pm
Getting plastic surgery just for the sake of wanting to be perfect, I believe, is downright wrong.

However, I think it's different if a person has been involved in an accident, or fire etc. I think that if a person in a situation like that has every right to get plastic surgery.

Having low self-esteem isn't good, but there are other ways of boosting it, rather than turning to plastic surgery.
Bite-me-not.
Always Born a Crime
Bite-me-not.
May 30th, 2006 at 10:26pm
Yara:
I've wanted my nose done since I was 12, but it's not something I obsess about. I'll get it done when I know I can absolutely afford it, and there's nothing else I should spend that kind of money on.

See, I don't think that's wrong. One job that'll make you feel better. Go for it. But there's a limit to everything. You shouldn't cross the boundary and go surgery-crazy. That's when it gets really stupid.
Mary; Without Sound
Salute You in Your Grave
Mary; Without Sound
May 30th, 2006 at 10:34pm
I think Plastic surgery is fine, just with in limits !!
Shelbybob Ninjapants
Salute You in Your Grave
Shelbybob Ninjapants
May 30th, 2006 at 10:34pm
i dont agree with it unless you are disfigured in some way (by disease or an accident or something along those lines)and need the surgery to live a normal life.
i think that the way you were born is the way you were ment to be.
with.the.chemicals
Bleeding on the Floor
with.the.chemicals
May 30th, 2006 at 10:40pm
Yeah I think it's fine to but I wouldn't do it.
lynda is nonexistant
Bulletproof Heart
lynda is nonexistant
May 30th, 2006 at 10:43pm
I think plastic surgery is absolutely unnecssaary.
You should be happy with what you look like and if you're not, there are other safer ways to improve your look.
Plus, the surgery can go drastically wrong.
Echoes of Lost Hope
Salute You in Your Grave
Echoes of Lost Hope
May 30th, 2006 at 10:45pm
I'm for it if it's not for something stupid, like bigger breasts or a bigger butt.
I think that if a person just want's it for themself and not to look attractive to other people, then it's fine. Usually people get it done for the wrong reasons.
Nathalie Is Forever
Salute You in Your Grave
Nathalie Is Forever
May 30th, 2006 at 10:48pm
I've seen plastic surgery go wrong.Not a pretty sight.Although,I think it's fine just as long as people know that there might be consequences.But If people want to make themselves better and they can,why not?I don't know, thats just me.
medea.
In The Murder Scene
medea.
May 30th, 2006 at 10:53pm
Yara:

I don't think you need to get your nose done. I think it looks just fine.

:]

Small things, I don't mind. I don't mind if people get deformities for accidents, or birth. I watching this show with my mom about plastic surgery (She's a doctor, but not a plastic surgeon), and it showed how children are born without jaws, and other horrible things that could deprive them of living a full life.

It's when people start obsessing over it that gets to me. You have to draw the line somewhere.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
May 30th, 2006 at 11:36pm
How do you feel about plastic surgery?: Meh. Not for me. I think It's alright in Mel Gibson's case though. He got beat up once when he was mugged and had his face clobbered.
Is there anything you want done?:No.
Can it go too far?:YES.
Adora Angel
In The Murder Scene
Adora Angel
May 30th, 2006 at 11:39pm
My mother went to Colombia in November.

She got a tummy-tuck, lipo-suction, plumper lips, and a new belly-button.

She plans on going back to get a breast lift.

I think it's fine, if you deserve it.

My mother has had three kids, two jobs, and barely a day off. I think she did deserve to get fixed up a little and have herself a nice body like she's always wanted.

But there are some people who simply abuse plastic surgery, like the kids on T.V. who just want to look better for people to notice them.