Don't have an account? Create one!

Plastic Surgery

AuthorMessage
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
July 17th, 2006 at 12:14pm
I'm on the fence. I wouldn't do it, but if it makes you feel good about yourself and you know the risks, go for it.
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
July 17th, 2006 at 12:40pm
I Think it`s up to that person. i personally wouldn`t want it done unless
i was scarred/disfigured,etc
reinvent love.
Bulletproof Heart
reinvent love.
July 17th, 2006 at 06:42pm
--Yara--:
God has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's about genes, and choices in life. If your parents are short and fat, you will most likely be short and fat too. If you spend your life eating fast food, candy and donuts, you will be fat. God doesn't just magically erase the fat from your body. There is such a thing as free will you know.
And how would you know?
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
July 17th, 2006 at 08:52pm
[Magnolia]:
--Yara--:
God has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's about genes, and choices in life. If your parents are short and fat, you will most likely be short and fat too. If you spend your life eating fast food, candy and donuts, you will be fat. God doesn't just magically erase the fat from your body. There is such a thing as free will you know.

And how would you know?

It's called science. Look at how many people have short and fat parents, but are lean and fit themselves because they eat right and exercise. That's not god's work, that's their own free will. It's a conscious choice. You have to decide whether or not you want to live a healthy life.

If I'm fat, with a huge nose and no boobs, god will not bless me by changing these features for me. I have to do it myself.

If I'm fat, with a huge nose and no boobs, it's not because god wanted me to look like this. God wasn't angry with my parents and decided to punish them by making their child ugly.

People who blame their and others problems on god, are weak and in denial. No matter if there is a god or not, you have to take responsibility for your actions. You have to make conscious decisions.
reinvent love.
Bulletproof Heart
reinvent love.
July 17th, 2006 at 09:15pm
--Yara--:
It's called science. Look at how many people have short and fat parents, but are lean and fit themselves because they eat right and exercise. That's not god's work, that's their own free will. It's a conscious choice. You have to decide whether or not you want to live a healthy life.

If I'm fat, with a huge nose and no boobs, god will not bless me by changing these features for me. I have to do it myself.

If I'm fat, with a huge nose and no boobs, it's not because god wanted me to look like this. God wasn't angry with my parents and decided to punish them by making their child ugly.

People who blame their and others problems on god, are weak and in denial. No matter if there is a god or not, you have to take responsibility for your actions. You have to make conscious decisions.
I was just wondering why you thought so, and it makes sense. I hope you didn't take it in a bad way. (:
Toro_Sex
Joining The Black Parade
Toro_Sex
July 17th, 2006 at 10:39pm
If it makes them happy. I would never do it though.
demolitionlover1031
Jazz Hands
demolitionlover1031
July 22nd, 2006 at 12:43am
I do not agree with plastic surgery, unless it reconstructive surgery with a medical purpose. I would never change my body that way.
collisionkiss
Killjoy
collisionkiss
July 23rd, 2006 at 02:16am
What about the parents of these people who get plastic surgery. Imagine if your child, a mix of you and the person you love most in your life, surgically changed their appearance. Jeez, maybe i'm just shallow and selfish, but i might just be a wee bit disappointed.

When money can buy good looks, i think the world is screwed up. Think of all the women spending thousands of dollars to get the fat sucked off their waist, and all the girls in undeveloped countries who eat one meal a day.

Its all just a case of rich people trying to become happier.

Why waste all that money on something that can decay in a couple of days? Imagine someone just getting out of the hospital after a face lift and then getting hit by a bus. Nobody's going to remember them because they have no wrinkles, they're going to remember their personalities and deeds.

Next time these insecure people get enough money to buy a new face, i suggest that they sponsor a dozen kids from Africa. It will make you feel twice as good about yourself.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
July 23rd, 2006 at 04:17pm
collisionkiss:
What about the parents of these people who get plastic surgery. Imagine if your child, a mix of you and the person you love most in your life, surgically changed their appearance. Jeez, maybe i'm just shallow and selfish, but i might just be a wee bit disappointed.

Sure, what about the parents of the people who cry every day because they think they're too ugly to step one foot outside the door. The people who think about suicide every day because they feel like they will never be accepted and treated as normal people because of the way they look.

If your sister/brother/mom/aunt/cousin wants to kill him/herself because they're in constant agony over their physical appearance, would you shun them for wanting plastic surgery?
collisionkiss
Killjoy
collisionkiss
July 24th, 2006 at 07:24am
If a relative of mine was in such a serious state of depression as that, I wouldn't encourage them to have plastic surgery. I would help them get all the possible support they could get and generally be there for them. It's not like a new nose would fix their all their problems.

Good looks are over rated. People think that if they "fix" up their face, people will respect them or "Mr/Mrs Right" will arrive and sweep them off their feet. Think of people who were widely regarded in society as "beautiful" who had serious self esteem issues. Mary-kate Olsen's and Lindsay Lohan's eating disorders. MARILYN MONROE'S SUICIDE.

When someone who was voted the "sexiest woman of the 20th century" can take their own life, it's unbelievable that people still believe that Good Looking = Happy
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
July 24th, 2006 at 12:16pm
collisionkiss:
You don't nessecarily look like a mixture of your parents. I look nothing like either of my parents. I look more like my Grandma than my Mom or my Dad. Just because it was your parents genes that made you, doesn't mean you'll look like them.

When money can buy good looks, i think the world is screwed up. Think of all the women spending thousands of dollars to get the fat sucked off their waist, and all the girls in undeveloped countries who eat one meal a day.
And think of all those politicians wasting government money on foreign countries when there are enough problems in their own country. What about all those girls in your own country, or even your own town who live on one meal a day through choice. How do you propose that we help them?

Its all just a case of rich people trying to become happier.
Ever lived with depression or someone who suffers from depression because of their looks? I'd much rather they felt better and happier about themselves than tried to commit suicide because they think they're too ugly.

Why waste all that money on something that can decay in a couple of days? Imagine someone just getting out of the hospital after a face lift and then getting hit by a bus. Nobody's going to remember them because they have no wrinkles, they're going to remember their personalities and deeds.
It can't decay in a couple of days. It takes weeks, months, even years, for the chemicals to break down. And people can be remembered for their looks.

Next time these insecure people get enough money to buy a new face, i suggest that they sponsor a dozen kids from Africa. It will make you feel twice as good about yourself.
So helping someone else- someone you don't know, you never will know- even if you aren't certain all the money you donated is going to reach the people is better than stopping yourself commiting suicide or becoming depressed?

You can't see what your money is being used for when you sponser a dozen kids, but when you see your new face and your happiness and onfidence are raised, then you have seen the results of spending the money and most people like to know exactly what their money is being used on.
KeY_tO_cHaOs
Jazz Hands
KeY_tO_cHaOs
July 24th, 2006 at 04:53pm
I think plastic surgery is bad when it goes too far. You should be happy with yourself and how you were made. Plastic surgery is a way of betraying your nature and the way you should be. It is selfish. You shouldn't obssess so much about your appearance.

Unless it is medical, I say it's wrong.

Personnally, I would never do plastic surgery, it would feel weird to see someone that's made-up by the my choices and preferences in looks.
And I am perfectly comfortable with my own body.
the megalodon.
Salute You in Your Grave
the megalodon.
July 25th, 2006 at 01:33pm
I don't think plastic surgery is so bad for people who desperately need it. But those girls who are doing anything possible to make their stomach smaller, their boobs bigger, and their noses as tiny as possible, it's just a waste of time, pain, and money.

My Mom broke her ankle when I was 9 years old, and it was traumatizing. I have no idea exactly how it happened, but she ended up having to get some plastic surgery on her ankle to reconstruct it. I'm thankful that it exists, otherwise she probably would be stuck in a wheelchair or on a couch seat for the rest of her life.

Here's another example of the bright side of plastic surgery:

My family is uhh...I have no other way to put this: WE'RE HAIRY. It's not our fault. It's especially strange for me, my 18 year old sister, and my Mom. We want to get electrolosis (the permanent removal of hair from any part of the body) as soon as we have enough money saved up, and enough time to go through the treatments. It's not that we want to do it just because it'll look good, but it's also more comfortable.

These are just my views on plastic surgery, but I don't think it's half bad. When it gets too extreme, then it's a problem.
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
July 26th, 2006 at 12:30pm
I think I'd like to have the bump in my nose fixed. I loved my nose before, but i keep hitting it on things and its got this really ugly bump on it, and I don't like it at all.
I guess that if someone wants to go through with it, even if something really bad happens, then let them. Although, too much plastic surgery is a little insane and probably unhealthy.
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
September 6th, 2006 at 09:50am
I have extremely small boobs for someone my age. i am extremely self sonscious about them, even around my boyfriend who i've been with for 6 months now. I have two friends who have DD Breasts and i am CONSTANTLY compared to them. It make me feel so low when people laugh at me, even if its in good fun.

I find it hard to find clothes that fit me as my boobs don't fill out the bust. Itt's really depressing.

If i could find the money to get breast enlargement, i would. not huge like a D just a B cup would do me fine. I don't see why Plastic surgury should be condemmed if it could help bring joy to someone.
Catharsis
Jazz Hands
Catharsis
September 20th, 2006 at 01:05am
i think for burns victims etc plastic surgery can be a saviour, but for people that just want to look better for the hell of it, i think it is lame. why do we all need to look like supermodels. also i understand that some people consider themselves to ugly and feel that they cannot go on, without getting plastic surgery, if thats what it takes, then so be it.

i beleive spending ridiculous amounts of money to make yourself look better in a bid to gain more attention is stupid, people who do it simply to make others notice make me sick.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
September 23rd, 2006 at 09:43am
Yara!:

If your sister/brother/mom/aunt/cousin wants to kill him/herself because they're in constant agony over their physical appearance, would you shun them for wanting plastic surgery?

I wouldn't shun them so to speak, however, in a situation like this plastic surgery is not the way forward. They would need some form of psychological analysis initially, to weigh up the extent of their issues. Here I believe some form of therapy should be given before there is any real thought to the possibility of plasitc surgery.

On the same subject, just for those of you who were not aware of this, there is a psychological disorder called Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) in which a person becomes obsessed with defects in their appearance, which are usually imagined or percieved to be worse than they actually are. Individuals suffering from BDD frequently seek the advice of plastic surgeons in an attempt to "fix" their problems (this correlation has been proven hundreds of clinical studies), and often they are given the surgery, only to then realise their problems have not gone away.

I believe that plastic surgeons have a responsibility to look out for signs of mental instability, and although they do/ or are supposed to assess whether the individuals expectations are realistic prior to the surgery, I think that in a lot of cases they fail.
Garlic Bread
Bleeding on the Floor
Garlic Bread
September 24th, 2006 at 10:43am
If you feel plastic surgery is the only way to make you feel better, then go for it. But please, be sure. Be well aware of the risks and flaws that comes with this kind of surgery. Don't turn it into a lifestyle.
Lost.In.Morgue
Jazz Hands
Lost.In.Morgue
September 24th, 2006 at 08:42pm
I think if it makes you feel good go ahead.People should do whatever they want it's there choice it's there body.I think it is selfish on a level.
mullet.
Really Not Okay
mullet.
September 24th, 2006 at 11:22pm
I think it's fine.
I mean, to an extent.
If you don't like your nose, then go for it.
But then sometimes it can snowball.
Then you don't like your thighs, hips, stomach, lips, arms.
Then, it's wrong.
I mean, I plan on getting little cosmetic surgery.
Like, getting my lips plump-er.