AuthorMessage
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
September 25th, 2006 at 07:07am
killcasey.:
I think it's fine.
I mean, to an extent.
If you don't like your nose, then go for it.
But then sometimes it can snowball.
Then you don't like your thighs, hips, stomach, lips, arms.
Then, it's wrong.
I mean, I plan on getting little cosmetic surgery.
Like, getting my lips plump-er.

When I was younger I wanted my lips done and was desperate for a boob job, but now i've grown up, and thank god I didnt have the money to get it done when i was younger, I really disagree with plastic surgery, unless you actually have a deformity. Now I adore the two things about myself that i once hated, why the hell would I want to look like everyone else? And puting poison into my face is something I can say i would never consider again.

I'd hope that everyone wanting some form of plastic surgery would consider all of the benefits and risks first, and should actually do some of their own research on the subject matter, ie what ever the surgery is going to be.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
September 25th, 2006 at 07:20am
My mom got her tummy tuck. Now she didn't just run under the knife after she had my little sister, and demand that fat from when she had a baby to magically disspear. She had work out like a manic for a good 10 years, and managed to loose and whopping 36 pounds. But no matter how much wieght she lost, she could never loose the flab in her stomach from having three kids. It made her VERY self consious, and VERY upset. So after MUCH consideration, she got a tummy tuck three years ago. She feels much better, sdhe looks much better...but she said she would NEVER do it again.

I think in moderation, plastic surgery could make someone feel much better about themselves...but only do it if the pros weigh out the cons, or the benefits to you weigh out the risks. Plastic surgery can be as addictive as ciggaretts, and can marr you for life. But I don't think there is anything wrong with it- I personally wouldn't want to do it at this point in my life.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
September 25th, 2006 at 08:16am
Jenni FTW!:
My mom got her tummy tuck. Now she didn't just run under the knife after she had my little sister, and demand that fat from when she had a baby to magically disspear. She had work out like a manic for a good 10 years, and managed to loose and whopping 36 pounds. But no matter how much wieght she lost, she could never loose the flab in her stomach from having three kids. It made her VERY self consious, and VERY upset. So after MUCH consideration, she got a tummy tuck three years ago. She feels much better, sdhe looks much better...but she said she would NEVER do it again.

I think in moderation, plastic surgery could make someone feel much better about themselves...but only do it if the pros weigh out the cons, or the benefits to you weigh out the risks. Plastic surgery can be as addictive as ciggaretts, and can marr you for life. But I don't think there is anything wrong with it- I personally wouldn't want to do it at this point in my life.

Yes I agree also with it in these cases, after having children often the body will never return to its original state, especially around the stomach area, no matter how much someone works out. But personally I think it would have to be pretty extreem before I would consider surgery, I think it has a lot to do with being comfortable with imperfections but also i think it has a lot to do with how you think other people may percieve you.
Femme
Salute You in Your Grave
Femme
September 26th, 2006 at 04:27am
Its sad and stupid
theres heaps pressure on girls to be skinny and beautiful. The Ones with Low Self estem think about surgery. They belive it can make them beautiful.

Its whats on the inside that counts
i no it sounds corney but its sooo true
Fluffy Bunny of Doom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Fluffy Bunny of Doom
October 1st, 2006 at 11:24pm
OMF PLASTIC SUREHRY is one of the most fucking retarded things on the damn planet be happy with what you fucking have as for the super modles go they all should be fucking slapped i think that being yourself and natural is beautiful and you should go and change what you were born with now on the other hand if something bad like what happened to my moms arm hhapen then go right on ahead my mom accidently tripped threw a glass door and cut her arm up and it look like she tried to kill herself i think its ok to get the scar removed so it is ok but other than that plastic surgery if fucking reterted
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 3rd, 2006 at 02:01am
I think that plastic surgery should only be accessible to those who really require it.

And I'm not talking about scar removal. To me, that is a pointless cause.

I'm talking about sex change opperations, gunshot victims, car crash victims and the like.

Other than that? I don't think anyone should have any access to it for any reason, other than the correction of a severe deformity or the reconstruction of the face.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
October 5th, 2006 at 03:04am
bloodredruby69:
I think that plastic surgery should only be accessible to those who really require it.

And I'm not talking about scar removal. To me, that is a pointless cause.

I'm talking about sex change opperations, gunshot victims, car crash victims and the like.

Other than that? I don't think anyone should have any access to it for any reason, other than the correction of a severe deformity or the reconstruction of the face.

How is scar removal pointless?
It is done for the same reason as most other plastic surgery procedures, so I don't really see how it is any different.
I actually think that it is more reasonable to get a scar removed than to get breast implants.

Also, sex change operations?
I don't see how that is a necessity.
To me, that is basically the same as getting a nose job.

Is laser surgery to remove birthmarks considered plastic surgery?
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 5th, 2006 at 04:30pm
Scars are part of who we are. Having them removed is no different really than getting a nose job, to use your own metaphor. I understand that often people want to get rid of something that might make them appear less than gorgeous, or make people think less of them. Of course scar removal is more reasonable than breast implants, but they are both unnecesary surgical enhancement.

But it's part of you. Unless it's majorly disfiguring, get over it.

As for that little remark about sex-change opperations being pointless?

That's not even in the same ballpark as normal plastic surgery, which is why I put it with facial reconstruction.

People who go through a sex-change opperation are not trying to change who they are; they are trying to be the real them. A man, trapped in a womans body, or vice versa. Have you ever known anyone who was in the wrong body? I do.

If you did, you would realize exactly why it isn't pointless.
intoxicated.
Always Born a Crime
intoxicated.
October 7th, 2006 at 12:31pm
I don't really see a problem with it. If it's going to boost a person's self-esteem then go for it. It's their body, they can do what they want with it.

Watching those Extreme Makeovers made me see how much plastic surgery can boost a person's confidence. As long as they're happy, I'm happy for them.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
October 7th, 2006 at 01:29pm
I don't like plastic surgery.
God made that person the way he wanted then to be. He didn't want them to change their apperance.

Don't bite my head off for having an opinion.
Video Kid
Shotgun Sinner
Video Kid
October 7th, 2006 at 01:36pm
I think plastic surgery is only necessary if you're desparate for it. Like getting liposuction if you're obese or a nose job if you've broken your nose and can't breathe all that well. It makes me sick to watch those "Dr. 90210" shows sometimes because 50% of the time it's some teenager wanting a boob job if she's too flat-chested or some supermodel looking lady that has the tiniest bit of fat on her belly.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 8th, 2006 at 07:59am
Dying;Tradgedy:
I don't like plastic surgery.
God made that person the way he wanted then to be. He didn't want them to change their apperance.

Don't bite my head off for having an opinion.

But at the same time, thats only a reason for your not having plastic surgery. And its a very valid one. But some people don't believe in God, so they see the way they look as a product of evolution rather than God's creation.

However, if you look at it that way it can still be argued that you evolved that way for a reason. And you are a product of all those that went before you and, to me, it seems a shame to waste that.

I personally dislike plastic surgery. It promotes a very shallow view of what it means to be beautiful and seems a very unhealthy attitude to take in fixing your problems. Surely you'd feel better about yourself if you went to the gym to burn off that tiny bit of tummy fat? It seems to me to make a class-divide. If you are wealthy, you can afford to be beautiful.

I do think it should be available, although I disagree with it in principle. And I think for things such as reconstruction and sex-changes it is very valuable. These can genuinely cause social problems and can be solved through plastic surgery.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
October 8th, 2006 at 06:42pm
I don't really think plastic surgery to make your boobs, butt, or face, to look like a celebraty is need. God made you the way you are, not to look like someone famous. I mean let's say you wanted to look like Gerard Way, what if he wasn't famous would you still want to look like him?
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
October 8th, 2006 at 06:42pm
I don't really think plastic surgery to make your boobs, butt, or face, to look like a celebraty is ********needed.**********
rach3l is a sound.
Salute You in Your Grave
rach3l is a sound.
October 8th, 2006 at 07:04pm
I don't believe plastic surgery is necessary in all cases.
However, I do believe is you are truly unhappy about your appearance and you have the money, then that's okay.
I also believe that there is a certain line that shouldn't be crossed.
People shouldn't go overboard and get Triple M boob jobs. [Yes, it an actual size]
But if you are displeased with your appearance that you would so as far as modifying it by surgey, then that is your choice.
Lost_And_Hopeless
Joining The Black Parade
Lost_And_Hopeless
October 23rd, 2006 at 09:49pm
I think that plastic surgery is okay in moderation. People shouldn't judge someone because they had plastic surgery. Plastic surgery can fix problems that you have had to live with all your life, and that you aren't comfortable with. It's your body and its your choice.
Turn To Grey
Always Born a Crime
Turn To Grey
October 23rd, 2006 at 09:51pm
It's okay in moderation

But just not something I would do
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
October 25th, 2006 at 08:38am
I have no problem with plastic surgery, people are entitled to do whatever they like to their bodies, whether it be a piercing, a tattoo or a boob job. However it's not something I'd do myself. I've always kinda disliked my nose, but I've learnt to live with it and I'd be too scared of the surgery going wrong. Or that the surgeon would change it but it wouldn't be what I wanted.
Also I think it's a shame when people go too far and end up ruining their bodies.. A boy at my school had surgery, and sure his less attractive features are gone, but now he has no character to his face...it's bland and it's creepy how he looks too pretty. But that was his choice and if he's happy then who am I to judge?
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 25th, 2006 at 06:39pm
I think you should be happy with the way you are.. If you get like a funny nose in a car crash the yes, get plastic surgery but if you're born like that then stick with it
justin pierre.
Awake and Unafraid
justin pierre.
October 25th, 2006 at 09:24pm
Its not good, not bad. Im not for it or against it.

For it:
1) If you're born with two fingers and 17 toes on one foot, I think sugery is a good idea, but chances is it'll be before you're old enough to make the desition(sp) yourself.
2) If you despratly need lipo(you're fifteen and 700 pounds and you always ate like, carrots and salad or something and you excersized or whatever and it was a birth defect or something) than its okay, I think.

Against it:
1) If you had implants four times and you still want more, thats retarted, no offence to anyone.
2) If your 15 and 60 pounds, youd need fat implanted more than lipo'd. Yeah.

Yeah, I just said that.
*does little dance cos I can FINALLY get my point about plastic surgery across*