Don't have an account? Create one!

Plastic Surgery

AuthorMessage
SaveMySinsxxx3
Killjoy
SaveMySinsxxx3
October 26th, 2006 at 09:48pm
If I ever got plastic surgery to alter the way I look for asthetic reasoning. I'd be very dissappointed in myself. Because if you don't like the way you look do soemthing about it. Don't spend millions to change the way you look, when you can do it easily with dedication and hardwork.
=)

but i don't hate on those who get it.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
October 27th, 2006 at 02:00am
^ But that's not entirely true. You can't change having a wonky nose or a big chin through hard work and dedication.

While I think having liposuction is a waste of money and you could easily imporve your diet and start working out, I don't disagree with those who have breast reduction/implants or refine their features.

If they want to do it and are prepared for the consequences, I don't see why not. It's not a personal choice I would make, but I don't blame people who do.
Crucify.My.Love
Jazz Hands
Crucify.My.Love
October 29th, 2006 at 01:32am
Stupid, i think.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
October 29th, 2006 at 01:33am
BlackParade:
Stupid, i think.

Care to explain?
Shallow Grave
Killjoy
Shallow Grave
October 29th, 2006 at 05:06am
People who get plastic surgery done when they already look FINE make me angry. I mean, I can see how a woman who used to weigh 300lbs. would wanna get a tummy tuck or something to get rid of that excess skin, but chicks with boobs who are already big getting them bigger? That's just DUMB. They don't seem to realize what they're doing to themselves in the long run. They don't look at the people around them and go "Oh hey, I should be greatful I don't have huge boobs, because I'll get back problems!" Noooo. They think "Oh hey, Jane's getting her's done, I should do mine too!" While Jane's probobly thinkning "Oh, Pamela Anderson got her's done, I should get mine done too!" While Pamela Anderson was probobly thinking "Hey, maybe if I get bigger boobs, Tommy Lee will notice me!"

And why do I never seem to hear about men who get plastic surgery? Seriously, the only man I've ever heard about besides Micheal Jackson was a guy who was getting a gender reassignment operation. Maybe it's just because it's easier for men to get the body type that the media portrays for them? I dunno.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
October 29th, 2006 at 07:37pm
Shallow Grave:
And why do I never seem to hear about men who get plastic surgery? Seriously, the only man I've ever heard about besides Micheal Jackson was a guy who was getting a gender reassignment operation. Maybe it's just because it's easier for men to get the body type that the media portrays for them? I dunno.

Im not even going to bother with the rest of this post and just go straight to this.
Ever watch the Maury show?
The had like....three men come on one show who were addicted to plastic surgery.
And the had like six men who had sex-changes in that same episode,
plus a whole episode devoted to men having sex-chages to be women.
So men do get plastic surgery, its out there, you just have to look a bit harder for it.
scissorglamour
Killjoy
scissorglamour
October 29th, 2006 at 09:59pm
clearly, like anything
everyone presives something as "beauty"
, and also like anything
you can obsess over it.

theres things ive hated, and loved about myself
and ive thought "damn i wish i had a nice dainty nose"

and the thing is.
i have a normal nose.
you just want to be accepted as someone beautiful so bad.
i know i do.

of course,
plastic surgery, is sometimes nessisary, if theres been an accident or a birth defect,
but otherwise,
if your getting plastic surgery,
it would be cheaper to go see a shrink to find out why you dont have much self esteem
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
October 30th, 2006 at 01:27am
I'm kind of in the middle of my views on Plastic Surgery:

1. It's an okay thing to do: Everyone has a right to be happy with themselves, and let's face it, good looks make you happy. It's the truth. It's your body, if it makes you happy, do it.

2. You shouldn't do it: God made you the way that you are suppose to be. Natural. There are dangers in getting Plastic Surgery, although there are for doing everything nowadays.

Whatever the case, I honestly don't care what other people do with their bodies.
I personally would never get Plastic Surgery because I was made the way I was supposed to. I like being natural, and getting it would make me feel extremely fake. Like a different person. Even straightening my hair [I have no idea why], makes me feel like a liar, because my hair is naturally curly. That's why I never straighten my hair, because I feel like a liar/fake.

Then again, I honestly don't have any problems with myself. I like the way I look. And maybe
if I didn't look the way I did and I looked a little bit on the nasty side - I would feel differently.

But for right now, all I know is that Plastic Surgery is not for me.
BlackTangledHeart
Killjoy
BlackTangledHeart
November 14th, 2006 at 08:48pm
I completely know where you guys are coming from, but i have another side of the story. Ive had plastic surgery at least 3 separate times, and im only 15. yes, most of the plastic surgeries are from a vain mind, but some of it is needed, like mine. its for something that is affecting your health in a negative way. its just that you have other people who abuse it to make themselves "attractive" and blow all of their money and the doctors time so they look perminatly happy and whatnot.
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 14th, 2006 at 08:53pm
Im totally Against plastic Surgery I would never change for any thing or any one unless I felt like I had to..but Some people arent comfortable with themselves so they feel like they have to have something done to their face.
Yes I feel like It can go over the top.!.
Some People just arent satisfied of themselves like me for instance but I'm not gonna get anything done though.
Some people have to learn to except what God gave them and be happy with the way they were made ...."Beauty Is Skin Deep"I think No matter what People would never be happy with themselves.Even if they get something done they still see that person they use to see themselves as.I hope I'm making sense good lord.
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
November 19th, 2006 at 12:46pm
I hate surgery. It's selfish and it makes u anything but perfect. I know people who are addicted to surgery and they are so ugly. It doesn't make sense.
People who do surgery don't know that you can't be perfect.
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 21st, 2006 at 11:42pm
Yeah it is selfish Even if the person does it to make themselves feel better they'll never be satisfied with themselves they still go back and DO IT.Plastic surgery can be like addicting when you keep doing it...
Eiri;
Shotgun Sinner
Eiri;
November 21st, 2006 at 11:46pm
I think it is a person's choice if they want to have the plastic surgery or not. It's
their body and nobody else's. They should be able to do what they please with
it. If they feel that it is absolutely necessary in their lives to change themselves,
then go ahead. I just hope they realize that they are potentially putting
themselves up at risk if the surgeries go wrong.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
November 22nd, 2006 at 12:02am
MCR are my heros.:
I hate surgery. It's selfish and it makes u anything but perfect. I know people who are addicted to surgery and they are so ugly. It doesn't make sense.
People who do surgery don't know that you can't be perfect.

Some people aren't looking to be perfect, some people who get plastic surgery to fix something that is either A. harmful to their health, or B. makes them uncomfortable. My mother got a tummy tuck because there was no way she could look the flab from having three children, she didn't do it to become a size 0, she did it because it made her VERY self consious. My older sister just had a baby and her boobs went straight to hell (literally) and now she is thinking if she ever gets the money to fix that problem. Neither of them are selfish, or are trying to be something they aren't. I do agree that people who are addicted to plastic surgery are in the wrong, but they are sick mentally and need psycharitrict help. If you want to fix a nose or a boob because it bothers you, whose to say you cant?
Noah.
Jazz Hands
Noah.
November 22nd, 2006 at 06:43am
I myself would never have anything changed out myself. But I know so many people who feel insecure about there bodys for one thing or another. These are my arguments for the following:

1) "my boobs are so small!"-
I don't see anything wrong with this as long as you get it done properly and are happy to live with it afterwards. But then what if you don't like the afterwards? What if you feel worse about your self because of it?

2) "I'm fat. I want to get lipo."
EXCERCISE AND DIET. If you are over weight then it can be corrected through EXCERCISE AND DIET. I do not belive that you should use this as a way to correct things you don't like about you're body. IF you can't change it without an operation, then I think its alright. (having a health condition that is affected by weight or somethign along those lines that can be corrected with an operation.)

3) " I hate my nose... I want to fix it."-
If you 'fix it' it not really 'fixed'! its changed. and All I can say is WHAT if you DON'T like it!?! What IF it doesn't get done properly? You have to live with it, or have more operations to 'fix it' when you had a perfectly good nose to start with.

I know, I controdict myself at times, but all cases are different. So my opinions are different on each topic.
collateral damage.
Awake and Unafraid
collateral damage.
November 22nd, 2006 at 04:06pm
I don't get plastic surgery at all.
I have no clue why you would want to ruine you body with unatural substances.
You are who you are, I don't know why people would want to change themselfs.
I don't think you should even be able to do it at all, unless their are health related issues.
x_early_x_sunsets_x
Jazz Hands
x_early_x_sunsets_x
November 22nd, 2006 at 04:29pm
Lots of people do it because of confidence, or lack of it. And they think that surgery will make them feel better about themselves. I guess that's okay but then again they might then get more done just to make themselves feel better again, and that's just dumb if they don't really need it. Confidence doesn't really come from your appearance, even some very beautiful people aren't that confident, so having surgery to make yourself confident is probably a bad idea.
And it's just stupid to have surgery to try to make yourself look like a celebrity. Like on TV there were these twins that wanted to look like Brad Pitt... it was just weird.

But if it's for health related issues then that's a whole other story, like if you NEED the surgery then it's fine.
spirigirly
Killjoy
spirigirly
November 30th, 2006 at 10:02am
ok, im against it, but the only case i get is when you have really big and heavy breast and you have pain in your back and neck. but the rest, i dont get it, why can't people just be happy with their body? be happy you have a healthy one!
ElizasMAMA
Fabulous Killjoy
ElizasMAMA
December 1st, 2006 at 04:03pm
its pathetic, luv urself for the way u r and if ur still not happy just go on a diet, excercise, try some lotions( not garunteeing u thell work but u can try) who wants to go under a knife. im sry but i get really nausous(or however u spell it) at things like that
sonnie paranoia
Salute You in Your Grave
sonnie paranoia
December 3rd, 2006 at 03:49am
I am forand against plastic surgery.

For because people who have suffered from burns and other unintentional mutilation for example car crash or any other accidents may need plastic surgery only because to re adjust and/or retain their appearance.

I am however against cosmetic plastic surgery, I reckon there is no point in getting your cheeks/lips/boobs or whatever done because when those people will reach the age of 80, they would look saggy and wrinkly anyway. There is no point, it's a waste of money and it's so unnatural.