Don't have an account? Create one!

Plastic Surgery

AuthorMessage
Punk_RoCk_SheLLeY
Killjoy
Punk_RoCk_SheLLeY
December 4th, 2006 at 10:09am
well say i wasin an acident and i needed it then i think i would but i wouldnt have it if i though my boobs were too small coz i love my body the way it is
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
December 7th, 2006 at 11:47pm
In some cases, plastic surgery is justified. As in this case: A four year old got her nose bitten off by a dog. It was either live without a nose and risk infection, or get plastic surgery. In other cases, it is an act of longing: It is an unhealthy way to lose weight, gain breast, butt, and muscle size.
alvein
Killjoy
alvein
December 8th, 2006 at 03:42pm
How do you feel about plastic surgery?
- I'm not a big fan of it, but if people feel so bad about themselves that they consider plastic surgery, then fine. Do whatever you want as long as it makes you happy, and you do it for yourself, no one else.
Iit's been said already, but it's justified in some cases. Say, if your house caught fire and your face got burned real bad.

Is there anything you want done?
Of course there is, but I'm not going to. Just the thought of someone cutting my flesh... :no: And what if it gets messed up? Nah, I want to stay true to myself, I was born this way. I'd rather spend all that money on a trip around the globe.

Can it go too far?
YES. Have you seen those two men, one looking like a tiger and the other like a lizard? And that woman who resembles a cat? Now that is extremely over the top. Are they even happy with themselves...`?
Starr.
Bleeding on the Floor
Starr.
December 31st, 2006 at 04:08am
plastic surgery is just sad, people should be happy the way they look,everyone is beautiful in their own way,why do they want to be different? why do they want to change theire body?
I think plastic surgery is stupid and uncalled for,unless its really needed (if its a matter of life and death situation)its okay,but if its just to 'look pretty' or 'look hott' then it sucks and is stupid.
suffocate!
Motor Baby
suffocate!
December 31st, 2006 at 07:05am
I think that everyone should be happy with what God gave to them. There's always going to be someone that envies them, no matter how perfect their nose is...

If the plastic surgery is for someones health then fair enough.
Lulabelle.
Killjoy
Lulabelle.
December 31st, 2006 at 05:00pm
Disarm; Nicole:
Plastic surgery = stupid. It's selfishness. There are people in hospitals who are actually suffering from illnesses and are eventually going to die. Why do doctors have to waste their time fixing some stupid person's face because they think they're ugly or fat? Unless your weight is affecting your health or your a burn victim or something like that, cosmetic surgery is dumb.

When I was five years old, I had a significant portion of my face bitten off by a dog. Granted I was teasing the animal, but still. I had to have plastic surgery, without it I wouldn't have a face. I had 108 stitches, and was in the hospital for what seemed like an eternity, and I am still extremely self-conscious about the scar.

I don't think that it is selfish if it has a purpose. I mean, think about it this way, cosmetic surgery can also be (weakly) linked to dental surgery. Why do people get veneers and porcelain caps if they don't want to look better? I don't know, I don't mean to sit on the post on this one, but it does require a bit of circumstance before saying whether or not it's lame and ridiculous.
wind opaine.
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
wind opaine.
December 31st, 2006 at 05:34pm
^ I pretty much agree with you.

I don't think it's really all that bad to have it cosmetically either, if you want to change something about your appearnce. If you feel there is something about you that you really don't like and would be happier with it changed, do it.

People do those sort of things all the time, Plastic surgery is just another way todo it. I mean, if I was given the chance, I'd probably get rhinoplasty and I do aspire to be a plastic surgeon when I get to college.

Mush
Bleeding on the Floor
Mush
January 1st, 2007 at 11:24am
I think that Plastic Surgery is OK if U have been in a accident and e.g. your face is very "broken" and so on. Then is it OK.
If it is because they want to be good-looking, is it their own choice. But I wouldn't go there for that.
Promise-Me-Nothing
Killjoy
Promise-Me-Nothing
January 4th, 2007 at 01:59pm
Plastic surgery is really stupid... And I think that people who have plastic surgery work done are nothing but fake... I mean you were put onto this earth the way that you are and why should you go and change to make yourself something that you are not... I mean this is just my opinion.. I think that you should only get plastic surgery when you absolutely need it.. For instance say that your bust size is too big and it gives you back problems to the point where you are in pain all of the time.... Other than that plastic surgery is a waste of time, money and it covers the real you up and makes you fake... But one to their own as the saying goes...
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
January 4th, 2007 at 03:04pm
I think if someone is reallllllly unhappy about one aspect of their body or they have been in a car accident or stupid, then plastic surgery could be considered, but if people just want to change their body for other people or to get bigger boobs, thats stupid. You should be happy with what you've got and be thankful you're healthy, not constantly wanting more
whatabigbooger
Killjoy
whatabigbooger
January 4th, 2007 at 10:47pm
I think plastic surgery is completly self based. I personally wouldn't have plastic surgery just because i think it totally defeats the purpose of individuality, and your allowing the media to run your life by making you "Perfect" in their eyes, but if it will help your self esteem and you really want it then its your buisness. Im not here to judge. I do however still believe that people should be comfortable in their own skin, and embrace what theyh have. They should be happy that they aren't clones of barbies and shit.
Emilyy
Awake and Unafraid
Emilyy
January 5th, 2007 at 09:07am
hm would never get it done myself (unless was in like an accident and got messed up and kinda needed it) because...I am who I am and dont think I should have to change the way I look for anyone..Im not exactly the best lookin girl ever and yeh Im not totally happy with the way I look but so what..like..thats me..

However! If someone is reeeeally unhappy with the way they look and its actually really getting them down or whatever and they wana actually change themselves through plastic surgery for 'a better life' then..whatever go ahead...dont really have a problem with other people doing it..its their life and that and if it makes them happy then thats all good...but I wouldnt encourage anyone to get it done really...no one should feel like they have to change to fit in like..its actually kinda sad that people today feel like they have to go to these extremes to feel happy in our world.
SFXtra
Motor Baby
SFXtra
January 7th, 2007 at 12:29pm
Personally, I don't think theres anything wrong with it. Let the person do whatever the fuck he wants to him/herself. If they're happy with what they're doing, good for them! If someone wants plastic surgary, thats great! If someone doesnt, thats also great!

Just look at what Jeffree Star has to say!
Bibz
Really Not Okay
Bibz
January 7th, 2007 at 12:54pm
Plastic surgery is just stupid, unless its something small like you have a wart on your cheek and you get it removed, but i'm not sure if that even counts as plastic surgery. For sure i'm against breast implants unless you lost your boob to breast cancer, which in the case its reconstructive surgery.
mimic
Killjoy
mimic
January 12th, 2007 at 04:56am
Basically, I don't find anything wrong with plastic/cosmetic surgery. Obviously there are some people who go too far (Michael Jackson is an extreme example), and these people need therapy, not surgery, to fix their issues. But for the average mentally healthy adult, I think it's fine if you want to change a thing or two about your appearance. I know plenty of people who've had work done...nose jobs, breast implants, liposuction, and other non-surgical cosmetic procedures like laser treatments and botox. One of the girls who got a nose job has always been pretty, but her nose was HUGE. She got made fun of her entire life for it, and a couple of years ago she got rhinoplasty. She still looks like herself, but with a smaller and more flattering nose. And it's done wonders for her self esteem - she's much more confident and a lot happier. For those of you who have decided that you can live with your flaws, I really think that's awesome. But I don't have any problem with someone changing something if it makes them happy. For a while I had decided I was going to get breast implants and had started saving for them, but then when I turned 20 they started growing again and ended up bigger than the implants I would have gotten...so those of you still in your teens, don't give up hope, it's actually pretty common for them to grow again in your early 20's. Smile Oh, and to whoever said something about how plastic surgeons could be curing diseases instead...a lot of cosmetic surgeons are just in it for the money anyway (NOT the ones who do reconstructive work for burn and accident victims, etc), and probably wouldn't even have gone to medical school if they weren't going to do cosmetic surgery (they'd probably be sleazy lawyers or something else instead). Sad, but true. There are just as many who do it because they love their work though, so please don't think I'm stereotyping. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
Punkness
Killjoy
Punkness
January 13th, 2007 at 08:32pm
Unless you were in a really bad accedent and it made your face all weird...I think it's pointless.
XXPunkRock94XX
Killjoy
XXPunkRock94XX
January 13th, 2007 at 09:28pm
Plastic surgery is for selfless dumbasses who cant be happy with wat they got. Evil or Very Mad If get plastic surgery and you were hidiously ugly before but now u look ok, wat happens wen u have a kid with someone??? Huh? then the dad or mom comes to u and says wat the hell happened??? Then Wat are u gonna say wen u give birth to baby chubaka? Huh??? yea think about that. Very Happy
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
January 14th, 2007 at 02:13am
If it will make someone feel happier about themselves, then I see no harm in it. I, myself, would never consider plastic surgery, because I think I should appreciate myself as I am. However, everyone is different, and if one thinks they can carry out their life plans easier with the benefits of plastic surgery, then more power to them. I'ts not for me, though, and I don't have a problem with people who get it done. The only time I think it's a bit whacky, is when people have a ton of procedures done and end up looking like a different person and lips and boobs the size of Mexico.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
January 14th, 2007 at 02:11pm
The weirdest surgery I heard was about this woman who wanted he dead husband's ashes in her implants. Thats going to far with plastic surgery
abeautifuldisaster
Killjoy
abeautifuldisaster
February 11th, 2007 at 06:47pm
plastic surgry should be for people who really need it, like in accidents, or birth defects.

i don't think that people should get it just to have bigger boobs, or a smaller nose. everyone is beautiful in thier own way. i don't believe in it but, it is a persons own decision to get plastic surgery, but i think there should be restrictions.

somtimes certain procedures aren't safe for one individuals body, but are ok for another. no offence to anyone whos parents/themselves are plastic surgen but, alot of surgons will do any procedure on any person. there needs to be tighter limits.

anyway, if you get too many you end up looking freeky. you see those women who practiclly can't move thier faces they have gotten so much botox. and who wants to look like michal jackson, king of all plastic sugery? i shure don't!!!