Don't have an account? Create one!

Plastic Surgery

AuthorMessage
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 3rd, 2007 at 11:40pm
I think if you're happy with yor body, power to you.
I think if you're unhappy with your body, you have the money, and you don't have that disorder where you hate EVERYTHING about your body [sorry, I don't know the name] change it.
It will make you happier.
spencer smith.
Devil's Got Your Number
spencer smith.
March 4th, 2007 at 12:44am

I don't really see anything wrong with it. But I don't see anything okay with it either.
I see it as a waste of money, but I guess thats because there isnt individual things about my body that I hate and wish to change.

If you have the money, then go for it.
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
March 4th, 2007 at 12:47am
I think if you've had some serious accident, had your leg amputated, had breast cancer and you've nly got one boob, etc. YOU know, like there is something EXTREME you need to fix. Then go for it.

But to do it just to make yourself perfect...its cheating, yourself and others, and really afterwards (well I think this is what would happen if I got it) then I would be any happier.

But yeh, if half your face has been blown off, then sure.

edit: Plus the surgery could go horribly wrong and you could end up worse than before. I'd rather just stay that same, my body isnt THAT weird!
Funky Crime
Bleeding on the Floor
Funky Crime
March 5th, 2007 at 10:54pm
This is kind of a 50/50 answer for me.

Sometimes it can benefit for people.
Like my mom, she's never actually had plastic surgery done. But, she does have a condition where she can't actually lose any weight, so her only alternative would be surgery.

But, there are also other millions of people who only use plastic surgery to hide from their problems, so they can look more like "society" so they can fit in.

There are also people who do it because SO many people are doing it these days...

Many also have a mental problem where they can't stop, like... getting tatoos or something. Getting plastic surgery is an addiction to.

I suppose if you NEED it, like if you're deformed or... somthing, then all the more power to you if it's what you really think you need.

If you don't need it, don't do it. Go to the gym or something.

And if you have an addiction, go get some help, like from a doctor or a shrink.
Jacket Slut.
Bleeding on the Floor
Jacket Slut.
April 7th, 2007 at 10:56am
well i think that if someone is very unhappy with what they look like in a specific are of their body or w/e and they have the money to have it done...then thats ok i guess...but yes i think it can go too far...some people become obsessed with it and i would say that it deff goes to far. examples: Dolly Parton and Michael Jackson
gerardxwaysxloverx-x
Killjoy
gerardxwaysxloverx-x
April 9th, 2007 at 07:25am
no-one shud feel they need to change the way they look.pastic surgery is painful and you regret it when it goes wrong and people who have plastic surgery clearly show that they misdemein themselves. No
AmberGirl
Killjoy
AmberGirl
April 9th, 2007 at 01:49pm
flesh to stone.:
I think in some situations, where the person has really really low self esteem and it would really help, it could be useful, and also to treat injuries, try to return the person to normal. But how it's used these days, stupid. Fake fake fake. Be who you are.

Exactly. Why would someone want to be plastic and silicone?
Disturbia
Salute You in Your Grave
Disturbia
April 10th, 2007 at 03:27pm
I would never have plastic surgery, take jordan for example, ew. Or even the people on the news who have been killed on the operating table Crying or Very sad
Take michael jackson for example. EWEWEWEWEWEW
In all self respect, I couldnt eva do that to myself
Black Meriah
Really Not Okay
Black Meriah
April 10th, 2007 at 04:16pm
It depends... personally I would never put myself under the knife, but there are people that have a better life if they do plastci surgery. If so, i don't blame them. they are free to do whatever they like. i think it's sorta fake, and would nver go so far myself, but still... Some people are willing to do everything for looks. Kinda scary actually. Risk dying for a better look...
alzypow. THE END.
Fabulous Killjoy
alzypow. THE END.
April 10th, 2007 at 04:41pm
Wicked Romance:
It depends... personally I would never put myself under the knife, but there are people that have a better life if they do plastci surgery. If so, i don't blame them. they are free to do whatever they like. i think it's sorta fake, and would nver go so far myself, but still... Some people are willing to do everything for looks. Kinda scary actually. Risk dying for a better look...

I totally agree
I guess I don't have a lot against it but I just believe that you are born to be you and you shouldn't change your looks by doing something that big just because you might feel a bit ugly
Chemical Sleep
Killjoy
Chemical Sleep
April 10th, 2007 at 07:43pm
I'm don't think I would have any plastic surgery done on me, but I'm not against it.

Plastic surgery is an amazing thing for people who are born with some kind of deformity. It gives them a chance to be normal. Same with people who were in serious accidents.

I can understand why someone would get say; a nose job/boob job/or any cosmetic surgery. If it really helps someone feel better about themselves and give them more confidence then I don't see any harm.

However, I think it's messed up when people are obsesed with it, and get thousands and thousands of dollars worth of surgery done. That is when the problems happen and the people start to look ... fake and freaky!
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
April 11th, 2007 at 12:31pm
I don't really care if people do it, but if you do it too much then you look fake.
Turn away..
Killjoy
Turn away..
April 12th, 2007 at 09:48am
cosmetic surgery can go to far. nose jobs and breast enhancements are selfish, the money you spend on them could have gone to a couse much more deserving than making you look good, people should remember that they are beautiful the way they were born.

many people strive for perfection with their looks,and they become obcessed (SP) or even addicted, but what is perfection? to me beauty is not about looking 'perfect' its about being who you are.

however if you have been in a very serious accident and you are disfigured or burnt and plastic surgery will honestly help help you to get back on track than yes i suppose that is acceptable.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
April 12th, 2007 at 09:58am
I always hear stories on tv where women say they are getting breast implants for their husbands but when they interview the husbands they say they don't want their wives to do it. Sometimes its acceptable sometimes its not. I can't really put my finger on it. Is it selfish to do it? Maybe its okay as long as they are not addicted to it and turn out like Michael Jackson. But again the stories I have mentioned before feels like its selfish... Sorry if I don't make sense.
Perversion 99
Motor Baby
Perversion 99
May 11th, 2007 at 02:03pm
It's someones choice. If they want to trust someone opening them up and putting silicon in them, or sticking a tube in them to suck stuff out, so be it.
ilovegerardway2much
Jazz Hands
ilovegerardway2much
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:18pm
i think plastic surgery is a waste of time, unless u break ur nose or something, u obviously need it. u cant jus go walking around with out a nose.
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
May 23rd, 2007 at 05:07pm
i think plastic surgery isn't right. it's kind of pointless in the way that people are actually sick and dying in hospitals, meanwhile other people just want to make themselves look better. if you were born with a deformity i think it would be ok, but if you just want to get a nose job or something, it's pretty selfish.
EMO_TEDDY
Jazz Hands
EMO_TEDDY
May 24th, 2007 at 08:40am
ok no crap about "your perfect the way you are" cus some people truly do need it lol but then some people need it for medical reasons such as burns and stuff andsome people dont even need cus they are beautifull
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
May 26th, 2007 at 10:18pm
Seriously, I am completely against plastic surgery. We were made naturally and given what we needed to live life. Why do we feel the need to alter it? ...idk... it just sickens me...
And of course plastic surgery can go too far... how else do you describe Michael Jackson...
sookeh.
Crash Queen
sookeh.
May 27th, 2007 at 08:11am
i really don't have a problem against plastic surgery

i would never get it done myself but that doesn't mean that others can't

however it can be seriously over done, and things can go wrong,

but some people really feel that they need plastic surgery to be happy adn i'm not going to deny them that