Divorce

AuthorMessage
xsmarteegenusx13
Killjoy
xsmarteegenusx13
June 3rd, 2007 at 07:49pm
im sorry bout my last post
edit:
im sorry for anyone who had to deal with that...
i think that divorce is horrible, and i agree but i also think ways people should seperate if their children are in danger, or if anyones is nbeingdomestically abused
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
June 3rd, 2007 at 08:14pm
^ Not to be snippy, but this is not a confession thread.
Technically, what you just posted could be considered spam, as it doesn't add anything to the discussion.
Next time, rather than just describing your personal experience with a certain topic, why not use it to add something useful to the discussion - for instance, did your parents get divorced after this incident, or if it was recently, are they planning to divorce? Do you agree with their decision to either split or stay together?
That isn't really how I wanted to put it, but I'm sure you get my gist - we sympathise with your situation, but this isn't a pity thread. Try adding something to the discussion and it'll be a lot more useful to everyone.
Smile
JadeTiger712
Motor Baby
JadeTiger712
June 4th, 2007 at 09:28am
I can relate directly to divorce because when I was in middle school my parents got one. I thought that divorce was something that happened to "Those People" so I didn't tell most of my friends for like 2 years.
The main thing to realize for kids who parents are divorced is that it is nothing to be ashamed of. It took me a while to realize that.
It is sad that divorce is becoming alot more common and I don't get how people who used to be in love can suddenly hate eachother
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
June 4th, 2007 at 07:02pm
xsmarteegenusx13:
im sorry bout my last post
edit:
im sorry for anyone who had to deal with that...
i think that divorce is horrible, and i agree but i also think ways people should seperate if their children are in danger, or if anyones is nbeingdomestically abused

No problems, kid. You live, you learn. I sounded like a raving bitch, but I didn't mean it that way. Just pointing out something that will be useful for future reference Smile
I agree there are circumstances where divorce is the only option, like cheating (and not just a one-night stand, I feel that those kinds of things can be worked out, but a long-term affair is a definite cause for separation), domestic violence, drug/alcohol abuse etc... I just feel there are too many people who divorce when times get rough or when the initial period of marital bliss wears off, without thinking about the consequences or their future - what's to say that, if they leave the relationship they're in now, they're going to find someone who they love just as much and who will treat them just as well as the person they're with now? They might end up alone forever, or in unsatisfactory relationships, and while that's no excuse to stay in a bad relationship, they should actually think about that, and whether the relationship is actually 'bad' or just 'difficult right now', and make a decision according to that.
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
June 4th, 2007 at 11:13pm
i'm really split with this. i think you should get a divorce if you really really hate each other or because of abuse or whatever reason but you should think before you get married, dont get engaged till you know for sure you're in love and you're old enough to know what you're getting yourself into
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
June 5th, 2007 at 01:43am
MCR Rocks:
i'm really split with this. i think you should get a divorce if you really really hate each other or because of abuse or whatever reason but you should think before you get married, dont get engaged till you know for sure you're in love and you're old enough to know what you're getting yourself into
I'm a huge stickler for that. I mean, you wouldn't just jump into having a baby or starting your own business - you'd spend months, if not years, on working out every possible scenario resulting from such an action. Same with marriage - you need to know what you're getting into before you take the plunge.
That being said, there are always going to be certain people who think they know exactly what they're entering into, then once the ink's dry and the rings are exchanged, their partner can change seemingly overnight - especially in the case of, say, domestic violence, where (for the sake of simplifying, I'll use the male as an example of abuser) the husband can go from attentive, loving and caring suitor to abusive, manipulative controlling husband before the honeymoon's over. They fake their personality and intentions until their partner is 'trapped', then their true colours come out. Those cases are ones where I'm all for divorce - anything less can be potentially fatal, let alone staying together long enough to bring children into that equation.
Lux Aeterna
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lux Aeterna
June 6th, 2007 at 04:31am
people shouldnt get married when they're young,naive + just wanna have fun (in my opinion)
my parents are divorced...at first i thought it was for the good but now Im living with the strict one, dad was the one who stopped mum getting to carried away when she was mad at me + my sister
but then again dad was the recoverying alcoholic

Im not against marriage, as long as people have a good reason for it coz it does hurt people a lot
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
June 6th, 2007 at 04:56am
Bloodraine:
Cut My Wrists:
divorce should only be for 2 reasons.
if you don`t know what they are,look
in the bible.

A book written more than two millennia ago by countless different authors?

I'd be inclined not to put my faith in that. Thats just me personally though.

Yes.
Me too.
I wnder where the orginal bible is?

So i can burn it.
musicgetsme210
Killjoy
musicgetsme210
June 14th, 2007 at 05:24pm
i think people should get divorced if something serious is happening like drugs or cheating. my parents are divorced because my dad is an alcholic and was hiding beer everywhere and was addicted to buying baseball cards, he took a couple thousand dollars from my moms saving account just to buy baseball cards. so she had evry right to get a divorce. i think parents should try to stay together for kids. my mom made my dad go to rehab a couple times and he only stopped buying cards because he was still buying beer. they tired to work it out for nine years but it never got better so if in that case they should have.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 10th, 2007 at 06:27pm
People should always be cautious when they get married.
But then people change and you think and decide that you don't want to be with that person again because of their change.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
November 10th, 2007 at 10:12pm
Okay, I'm going to weigh in on this one because it's something I feel very strongly about.

Divorce is fine for abusive relationships, or if someone is cheating on the other. I only recently found out that my parents' divorces (they married and divorced each other twice) were due to my mother's infidelity. I hold no ill will toward my parents for divorcing, even before I knew about my mother. Other reasons, yes, but not for their divorce.

I am married and will be celebrating my 8th anniversary next week. We have never, in all that time, allowed our lines of communication to get so jumbled that divorce becomes our only way out. There have been things that we have been unhappy about and we bring those things to the other. We either work it out or agree that it isn't worth being angry about. Too many people would just throw in the towel and get a divorce, and I feel like that is the cheap way out of a situation.

I think that people should go into a marriage with their eyes open, and be ready to accept that their mate is going to change with time. My husband is not the same man he was 13 years ago when we started dating, and I'm a far cry from the timid little girl I was then as well. Part of what keeps our marriage interesting is watching the other grow and change and branch out into new things. While you don't always have to enjoy what the other does, you can support them. As long as it is not harmful to anyone, it is a natural part of the aging process.

At this point in my life I have people that I know who are divorcing or have been divorced and too often I hear "They aren't who they were when I married them!" Of course they aren't. You can't expect a person to say exactly the same forever. It's being mature enough to grow and change with them that makes the marriage beautiful.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
November 10th, 2007 at 10:49pm
^yes most of thats true but sometimes people change. and lets all be honest here, shit happens, sometimes as time goes by you realize that though when you married that person, that having each other (or whatever it was that held you together) was enough, but as you get older, maybe its just not enough anymore, or you realize that you're not as happy as you once were. so why stay married to the person if you're not happy with them anymore? if you're not happy, than leave, its the only life you're gonna get, dont waste it
Blackroses_MCR27
Killjoy
Blackroses_MCR27
November 10th, 2007 at 11:44pm
I dont think people should get divorced unless its the only answer to the problem. My parents are divorced which is because my dad is a whore but other than that I think people who get divorced becuase of violents is one thing but just getting divorced to get money is wrong....
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
November 11th, 2007 at 06:41pm
^doing anything for money is wrong, but there shouldnt be restrictions on divorce. you want one, you should be able to get one, and no one should judge you for it. hell i wish my parents had been divorced years ago, they're still going through a divorce and its so fusrtating.
Blackroses_MCR27
Killjoy
Blackroses_MCR27
November 11th, 2007 at 08:42pm
Divorce sucks all the way around. Im sorry about your parnets but some one people are just stupif personally I dont think people should get married anyways
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 12th, 2007 at 02:25am
I agree with you on people not getting married at all because some of them know that sooner or later they will most likely separate or "Divorce".
Divorce may and may not be the answer
I'm sorry for all of you that your parents are divorced
ChildVision
Really Not Okay
ChildVision
November 12th, 2007 at 03:48pm
i dont know it can go either way. My mother thinks my father is having an affair and has conviced my sister that he's going to leave us. They dont fight a whole lot but when they do its heart wrenchingly terrible. Sometimes my sisters (whose three years older then i am) has to get down on her hands and beg him to stay. I hate being scared of him leaving in the middle of the night. But i dont want them to get divorced. Although there is nothing wrong with divorce it would completly ruin our lives if he went to live in england while we stayed here in suberb. my mother couldn't continue to go to yale and become a reverand and i couldn't keep taking guitar lessons and renting the aparment when my band practices. Plus having your dad around is so special and unless he abuses you then you need him around. thats just my opinion
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 12th, 2007 at 05:11pm
CemeteryDrive123:
i dont know it can go either way. My mother thinks my father is having an affair and has conviced my sister that he's going to leave us. They dont fight a whole lot but when they do its heart wrenchingly terrible. Sometimes my sisters (whose three years older then i am) has to get down on her hands and beg him to stay. I hate being scared of him leaving in the middle of the night. But i dont want them to get divorced. Although there is nothing wrong with divorce it would completly ruin our lives if he went to live in england while we stayed here in suberb. my mother couldn't continue to go to yale and become a reverand and i couldn't keep taking guitar lessons and renting the aparment when my band practices. Plus having your dad around is so special and unless he abuses you then you need him around. thats just my opinion

Thats true, I live because of my father, he buys me what I need and feeds me. So I understand you.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
November 12th, 2007 at 06:32pm
Blackroses_MCR27:
Divorce sucks all the way around. Im sorry about your parnets but some one people are just stupif personally I dont think people should get married anyways

i'm not sorry, i wish it happened sooner
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
November 12th, 2007 at 06:33pm
Diana_a7x:
I agree with you on people not getting married at all because some of them know that sooner or later they will most likely separate or "Divorce".
Divorce may and may not be the answer
I'm sorry for all of you that your parents are divorced

dont feel bad for me, i'm happy about it. its all the frustration about money that i'm not happy about