Don't have an account? Create one!

Neo-Nazism

AuthorMessage
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
October 25th, 2007 at 03:20am
I've never listened to them, perhaps they just do it to get attention?
Its like a kid who wants attention will wear a t-shirt with the swastika(sp?)
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
October 25th, 2007 at 04:37pm
F i a:
It really scares me.
I'm half cast, and so glad neo-Nazism isn't an issue here in the UK.

It is here in the UK. Not long ago there was a huge rally or something, it was on the news, I think. And I know someone who's a neo-Nazi. He claims he doesn't want a repeat of the holocaust, but I don't believe him. That's a huge part of Nazi theology, that a perfect race means exterminating certain aspects of humanity, certain cultures etc. But neo-Nazis are everywhere. And to be honest there are lots of organsiations which aren't called Nazis but whose beliefs are very very similar.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 25th, 2007 at 08:01pm
^^ Oh, I did not know that.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
October 25th, 2007 at 08:51pm
...Just as a random question to do with this topic, is there anywhere online that you can post essays like for other people to read?
It's just that I have one and it's got loads about Neo-Nazi organisations and other organisations with similar ideas.
TeenagerIscaremyself
Killjoy
TeenagerIscaremyself
October 26th, 2007 at 03:59am
People who enjoy almost wiping out an entire race are pathetic, cowards. They attacked the Jews and many other people, who weren't causing them harm at all, not to mention they couldn't even defend themselves from the nazis until the U.S. stepped in. Anyone, and I mean anyone, who dares say that those people were right will have to take it up with me.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 26th, 2007 at 02:56pm
^^ Umm...
Ok?

Do you think there should be laws against Nazi views?

Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
October 26th, 2007 at 07:57pm
TeenagerIscaremyself:
People who enjoy almost wiping out an entire race are pathetic, cowards. They attacked the Jews and many other people, who weren't causing them harm at all, not to mention they couldn't even defend themselves from the nazis until the U.S. stepped in. Anyone, and I mean anyone, who dares say that those people were right will have to take it up with me.

I'm not saying they were in any way right, I just want to point out that I doubt Hitler actually enjoyed wiping out Jewish people.
The only reason Hitler wanted to wipe them out was that he thought they had lost Germany WW1, he thought they were putting strain on the country and contributing to the Depression, and he managed to convince people to agree with him.
They attacked the Jews and many other people, who weren't causing them harm at all, not to mention they couldn't even defend themselves from the nazis until the U.S. stepped in.
That is possibly the most hypocritical thing I've ever heard. America has a cheek! They are bombing innocent people in Iraq who can't defend themselves. Who's going to step in there? Oh, that's right. Nobody. Because nobody wants to go against Bush.

It's really very interesting how Hitler managed to brainwash an entire country into believing him and not questioning anything he did.
They didn't even care when the concentration and death camps were built, and after a few months, they were so used to the stench of death that it was just a way of life to them.
It's really fascinating from that point of view.
Though, on the plus side, he did bring Germany out of economic depression, improve the infastructure of the country and generally make the way of life for "German" people better before the War broke out....

F i a:

I don't mean this in a bad way, but no.
If you limit one person's freedom of speech, you have to limit everyone's. You can't be equal but treated differently.
So, from that view, no.
Even though I don't agree with Nazism.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 26th, 2007 at 08:45pm
F i a:

If you limit one person's freedom of speech, you have to limit everyone's. You can't be equal but treated differently.
So, from that view, no.
[/quote]

That's true.

At the end of the day, anyone is entitled to think what they want to think.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 26th, 2007 at 08:47pm
F i a:
F i a:

Borrowed Dream:
So, from that view, no.

That's true.

Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
October 26th, 2007 at 08:54pm
F i a:
That's true.

*nods*
To me, it's a really sad point of view, but they are entitled to have it.
They probably think I have a stupid POV on things too.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 27th, 2007 at 01:51pm
Borrowed Dream:
F i a:
That's true.

*nods*
To me, it's a really sad point of view, but they are entitled to have it.
They probably think I have a stupid POV on things too.

Although

aren't there laws saying you're not allowed to be racist/homophobic?

I think I'm wrong.
But if there is... you'd think there'd be laws against being a nazi.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 27th, 2007 at 04:27pm
I don't know about the UK's laws, but here there aren't any laws against racism/homophobia. You can have those leanings all you want, but if you hurt someone because of them then it's a hate crime.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
October 27th, 2007 at 05:42pm
F i a:
Although

aren't there laws saying you're not allowed to be racist/homophobic?

I think I'm wrong.
But if there is... you'd think there'd be laws against being a nazi.

Only that you can't descriminate against people in the workplace, or in hotels, restaurants and places like that.
It's not illegal to actually be racist or homophobic though.
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
October 29th, 2007 at 05:02pm
F i a:
^^ Umm...
Ok?

I think people are right in saying no to this question.

Another resaon for this is that Nazis in power restrict freedom of speech, if you stop people being Nazis, you also restrict freedom of speech. Which in effect, means you're as bad as a Nazi in terms of freedom of speech. Not in other areas though.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 29th, 2007 at 05:46pm
^^ Exxactly.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with whatever anyone thinks.
I mean, sure, thinking you hate a pair of shoes is different to thinking you hate someone because of their race, but if they don't act on it (or at least out aloud) then... go for it?
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 29th, 2007 at 05:47pm
:S Doube post. =/
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
October 30th, 2007 at 01:25pm
I agree. Your thoughts should be your own, they can be whatever you want. But, as soon as you as you do something because of your thoughts, you can be in the wrong.

Neo-Nazism isn't a global threat. I don't think it's even a national threat. There are many people worldwide who support Nazi views, but they're not in power. Until they are, they can threaten individuals and terrorise on a small scale, but not on a global scale.

That can't really be combated. You can arrest individuals if you can find them, but most of these groups are underground. And anyway, Nazi views aren't the crime, it's attacking people, vandalising property etc that is the problem.

If a Nazi party was ever to come back into power in any country, it'd be bad news for everyone, but we'd be forewarned. I don't think it's likely in the world's current state, it took a big crisis to make Germany believe the Nazis could help. And we've seen once what happened. Holocaust deniers aren't having much luck persuading people either. So, in the near future I don't think we'll have a large Nazi problem.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
October 30th, 2007 at 09:07pm
Nautical Rose:
I agree. Your thoughts should be your own, they can be whatever you want. But, as soon as you as you do something because of your thoughts, you can be in the wrong.

Neo-Nazism isn't a global threat. I don't think it's even a national threat. There are many people worldwide who support Nazi views, but they're not in power. Until they are, they can threaten individuals and terrorise on a small scale, but not on a global scale.

That can't really be combated. You can arrest individuals if you can find them, but most of these groups are underground. And anyway, Nazi views aren't the crime, it's attacking people, vandalising property etc that is the problem.

If a Nazi party was ever to come back into power in any country, it'd be bad news for everyone, but we'd be forewarned. I don't think it's likely in the world's current state, it took a big crisis to make Germany believe the Nazis could help. And we've seen once what happened. Holocaust deniers aren't having much luck persuading people either. So, in the near future I don't think we'll have a large Nazi problem.

Actually, I'd like to disagree with that.
The following quote is from my GCSE English discursive essay, and I got the information from an article in The Sun newspaper.
'Are you thinking, “Surely that would never be allowed to happen in Britain”? You would be surprised how racist the white British public actually can be. Did you know that a national newspaper (The Sun) recently did a survey of its readers and almost 60% of them agreed with British National Party policies, until they were told they were BNP policies? Then around a quarter of them still agreed with the policies. Last year, the total votes the BNP received rose from 47,129 in 2001 to 192, 850. In parts of England, almost 10% of the total votes went to the British National Party.'
The statistics are from the year 2005, as the survey was carried out in 2006.
This just proves that Neo-Nazism is on the rise in some countries. Give it time, and a few disasters, and we may be looking at a dictatorship in a few years time.
Hitler rose to power due to the Depression and the aftermath of WW!. If there are any ecomonic crisises or anything like that, people will turn to extremist parties because they are the only ones who seem to offer a way out of the crisis.
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
October 31st, 2007 at 10:01pm
I see what you're saying, it's very true.

I think the thing with the BNP is that they voice things that people think, but don't say. Many Brits believe that their country is being invaded by immigrants. That means they dislike immigrants, especially when they make their own mini-communities. And the BNP want to do things about that. (I think) No other party is proposing such drastic action. But it is frightening.

The fascinating thing is, I met a Holocaust survivor. He'd been imprisoned in Belsen. He gave us one pieve of advice "when you're old enough, vote. It's your right, and the only way to keep your freedom."

It's quite ironic that it was voting that got Germany into the mess in the first place, and voting that could get other coutries into a mess, like Britain, and really, result in no more freedom.
Legion
Salute You in Your Grave
Legion
November 1st, 2007 at 03:42pm
TeenagerIscaremyself:

(sorry, total spam) but the british were defending them long before the U.S decide to join in the war. and that was only because the japanies attacked them.