Don't have an account? Create one!

C-Section Being An Option.

AuthorMessage
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
May 30th, 2006 at 04:08pm
C-section used to be used as a last resort, but now that it's become optional, many women nowadays choose that over vaginal birth.

Do you think it shouldn't be optional anymore?

C-section has more risks than vaginal birth, and it's also more painful because of the recovery time. But if the mother has complications and NEEDS one, it's worth it.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 30th, 2006 at 04:27pm
Although I would prefer a vaginal birth, every single woman on my moms side has had a c-section. My mom had three. So it kind of looks like I'm having one too.

The good thing about it is that you don't have to worry about when it's gonna happen. You're not gonna wake up at 3am feeling like you're gonna die, and then have the baby in the backseat of your husbands van.

Although my sister in law had a planned c-section for june 8th, her baby decided to show up two weeks too early by vaginal.
blackroses12
Killjoy
blackroses12
May 30th, 2006 at 07:04pm
I think you should only do it if there's a problem with the birth.

There's really no reason for doing a c-section instead of a natural birth (except for fear, I guess and that's not a solid reason in my opinion).
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
May 30th, 2006 at 07:07pm
Maybe I don't know enough, but it just seems like a personal choice thing to me, that it doesn't really affect anyone else.
Baby Jesus is
Banned
Baby Jesus is
May 30th, 2006 at 10:59pm
Well im not a chick but if it's anything like getting kicked in the nuts... either get an epidural or c-section... man im glad i never have to give birth... -shudders-
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
May 30th, 2006 at 11:11pm
My sister NEEDED a c-section. She was too small, and my niece was too big of a baby. If she didn't have a c-section...who knows what they could have done.

My sister wasn't in that much pain after the c-section, and she was throwing a party the day she came home. The bad thing is, the scarring, which she if very self consious about.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
May 30th, 2006 at 11:11pm
I think i would rather have a c-section. Less pain that way. I know that sounds selfish, but thats just how I feel.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
May 31st, 2006 at 05:43am
My friend has the most awesome scar on his face, and his twin brother has like a continuation of it.
So like if you smash their heads together it makes one big scar.

Thanks, C-Sections!
-thumbs up-

Seriously though, I think it ought to be an option,
even with the awesome face scars.
Delirium_x
Bleeding on the Floor
Delirium_x
May 31st, 2006 at 07:43am
C-section is a great idea if you need it, but i keep hearing of all these incredibly vain people who go for C-section because they "don't want to stretch out their pussys"<--quoting my friend there.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 31st, 2006 at 09:42am
Whoa.

Wtf.

I think anyone who has something against C-Section is just trying to be controlling.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 31st, 2006 at 01:27pm
retardsrule:
Whoa.

Wtf.

I think anyone who has something against C-Section is just trying to be controlling.

We're not actually discussing c-sections in generall, we're talking about women who are capable of having vaginal births, but choose to have planned c-sections because of various reasons.
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
May 31st, 2006 at 01:31pm
what`s so wrong with a C-Section? some women
prefer it because of the pain of natural childbirth.
i think C-Section should be an option.
Delirium_x
Bleeding on the Floor
Delirium_x
May 31st, 2006 at 01:46pm
Cut My Wrists:
what`s so wrong with a C-Section? some women
prefer it because of the pain of natural childbirth.
i think C-Section should be an option.
there's nothing wrong with C-section,and we're not saying there is. We're just discussing it.
Ya know, DISCUSSIONS BOARD Very Happy
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
May 31st, 2006 at 01:51pm
Well, if you're willing to pay for it, you can do whatever you want to your uterus. No skin off my nose.

I'm all for any medical procedure which saves lives, and if you're doing it because you can't deal with pain then i'm all for it too.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 1st, 2006 at 02:10am
All the women on my Mum's side have had to have C-sections, so I can't say I have a problem with it.
Chances are I will end up having one too.
Celine For War
Shotgun Sinner
Celine For War
June 1st, 2006 at 02:12am
i may sound dumb but is c-section the same as caesarian? like if you can't have normal birth, you get to have your tummy sliced and that's where the baby goes out?
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 1st, 2006 at 02:13am
I'm pretty sure it is. That's what I was talking about anyway.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 1st, 2006 at 09:41am
Yara:
retardsrule:
Whoa.

Wtf.

We're not actually discussing c-sections in generall, we're talking about women who are capable of having vaginal births, but choose to have planned c-sections because of various reasons.

I know. I didn't even think there WAS a movement against c-sections.

Wanting a child doesn't mean that you HAVE to give vaginal birth. If you're pregnant, I'd say that either birth is okay as long as the kid's alive and you're taking care of it just fine. Taking care of it. That's a little more important than how you give birth.

And that's so personal! It's such a personal choice. How does it affect the child? That's usually the argument for abortion, so I'm asking it here since I may not understand fully.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 1st, 2006 at 09:41am
Celine:
i may sound dumb but is c-section the same as caesarian? like if you can't have normal birth, you get to have your tummy sliced and that's where the baby goes out?

Yes, the C is short for caesarian.
ageha.
Bulletproof Heart
ageha.
June 4th, 2006 at 03:54pm
My mum had both me and my brother through C-section.
Now she has two scars across her stomach.

I really have no idea why she chose to have a C-section, since she told me that she was capable of of having vaginal birth.