Don't have an account? Create one!

C-Section Being An Option.

AuthorMessage
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
December 5th, 2006 at 02:48pm
i think c-sections are good. but i guess natural would be better, and you don't have recovery time. my mom had on c-section, and that was with my little brother, who weighed like 12 lbs. and was like 20" long. i think it would be better to use it as a last resort, though.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 5th, 2006 at 03:28pm
Avenge.My.Ghost:
i think c-sections are good. but i guess natural would be better, and you don't have recovery time. my mom had on c-section, and that was with my little brother, who weighed like 12 lbs. and was like 20" long. i think it would be better to use it as a last resort, though.

hehe being 12 lbs is a reason to have a c-Section. My son was 21 inches long, but he was only like almost 8 lbs, I think he was 7'10 or something like that.
There was a lady who had a boy that was 5 weeks preemy and he was 11 lbs, that's too scary.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
December 5th, 2006 at 05:09pm
But natural birth is just that, NATURAL. It is also harder to recover from having a c section, there are more chances of infection and complications. I think c sections are fine if there is a problem with delivery but otherwise natural births should be encouraged.
----

How much of our world is natural anymore, anyway? C-sections wouldn't exist if they weren't needed at some point. Difficult deliveries are often carried to C-section as a last resort. Most doctors will give their opinions on whether a natural birth will be safe or not. You can't exactly tell until you get towards the last month when you can see the approximate weight. Doctors will not discourage women against C-sections because it's not their business.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
December 6th, 2006 at 12:48am
I think that if you want to have a C-Section birth you should be able to.
No one should get to control how you have birth.
It's just another version of the pro-anti abortion argument.
Gina Gee
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Gina Gee
December 7th, 2006 at 12:36am
I was born C-section. ~random~ I think my Mom knew ahead of thime though.. or somethin??
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 7th, 2006 at 10:06am
xMari_Malicex:
But natural birth is just that, NATURAL. It is also harder to recover from having a c section, there are more chances of infection and complications. I think c sections are fine if there is a problem with delivery but otherwise natural births should be encouraged.
----

How much of our world is natural anymore, anyway? C-sections wouldn't exist if they weren't needed at some point. Difficult deliveries are often carried to C-section as a last resort. Most doctors will give their opinions on whether a natural birth will be safe or not. You can't exactly tell until you get towards the last month when you can see the approximate weight. Doctors will not discourage women against C-sections because it's not their business.

I agree, this is what i was trying to tell everyone. I had 2, but I had too or I could have died while vaginal with my first son, he could have died too, he was coming out brow first, which meant the biggest part of his head (Which is the forehead) Was coming out of the smallest part of me..
I had one while preggy with my twins, because twin a, which was my son could have died if my water broke, since my sack was right on his embelicord. If my water broke it would have crushed the cord killing him right away. I wasn't in active labour but my braxton hicks were so severe thay I was dilating anyways, 4 centemetres and my water was coming out instead of the babues.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 7th, 2006 at 10:10am
druscilla_way:

What? No it's not Honny. I am completely for the no C-Section unless it is needed. The infections are not a pretty thing, the losing of the blood and your iron dropping ian't either. It's pretty bad when you have a C-Section and right after your sergery you are arguing with your doctor about getting a blood transfusion, because your iron is too low and your blood is too thinned. I personaly don't want a blood transfusion. This might not be a hazard anymore, but I am still afraid of getting tainted blood. Eventhough it is said that in Canada, where I am from they have the cleanest blood, because the blood is screened so well.
bring me the horizon
Salute You in Your Grave
bring me the horizon
December 7th, 2006 at 01:30pm
Okay, im a c-section baby, and if i wasnt born via c-section then me and my mum both would have died. the doctors didnt stich my mum up correctly after a hear surgery before she had me, and she started bleeding internally, meaning i was born 3 weeks prematurely and my mum was lkept on intensive care for about 2 months.
it shouldnt be a cosmetic choice though, thats just unthoughtful.
xx
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 7th, 2006 at 06:16pm
They stichted you mom up wrong? Wow, that's rough.
3 or 4 of my sister's sticthes busted following the day that she left the hospital. She had to go and get terry strips in replacement of sticthes, so she would not get another infection again. Her son was born with a fever fior reason I don't know. Her doctor said that it could have been because of the C-Section that she had.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
December 7th, 2006 at 06:49pm
C-sections have the stitches, and natural births have after-birth bleeding. Both of them have negative sides.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
December 7th, 2006 at 06:50pm
^Vaginal birth has stitching involved too, unless you are really lucky. There is a slice made to the genetal area (I don't have the exact location) after some freezing is put in, and then the slice is stitched up when the baby has been delivered.

Tanya1979:
druscilla_way:

What? No it's not Honny.

Actually, it is. The C-section arguments, both for and against, are part of an ongoing debate over women's rights. It is an aspect of the Pro-choice argument, where people are fighting for women to have the rights over their own bodies, hence why it is linked to the pro-anti abortion arguments.

Just to clarify.
Alfred.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alfred.
December 12th, 2006 at 10:21am
I don't mean to bring personal experiences into this, but:
I think it should be aloud. With out it I wouldn't exist and my mother would be dead. My mother had Lupus and she had to get a c-section.
What about people like that?
How do you feel about people with sickness, getting c-sections?
MusicalMueth
Killjoy
MusicalMueth
December 14th, 2006 at 12:50pm
I think it should be optional. Many people need C-sections to ensure the life of their child. If abortion is an option ((which in my opinion is murder)), why shouldn't C-sections be optional?
Franktastic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Franktastic.
December 16th, 2006 at 06:41pm
i think c-section should be an opition to a woman. well if she doesn't wanna spend hours of pain i guess that's an option.
xXxim-not-okayxXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXxim-not-okayxXx
December 30th, 2006 at 09:23am
i wudnt b 'ere 2day if ma mum cudnt of had c-section. i fink its a gd fing, 'n' shud b aloud
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
December 30th, 2006 at 06:53pm
^Please don't use chatspeak here. It is difficult to understand,
and not only unwelcome, but not allowed in the rules.
Please read the rules of the DB before posting. Wink
--------------------

I'm curious; can anyone think of a viable reason (not health related) that C-sections should not be allowed to those who want them?
And by want, I mean the ones who COULD give birth naturally, but chose to have a C-section, for whatever reason.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
December 30th, 2006 at 07:19pm
I sure can't.
There's no extreme harm to the child or mother.
maudlinromance
Bleeding on the Floor
maudlinromance
December 30th, 2006 at 08:42pm
I dont' think c-sections should be an option unless the baby or yourself is in danger during childbirth. It just doesn't make sence to me why people would want to pick and choose when they give birth, because the baby comes when it is time. There shouldn't be any fighting it, and there are so many cons to it too. It is just better and healthier.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
December 30th, 2006 at 09:13pm
As much as we want to admit it or not, there are people who would rather a schedualed C-section than sitting for hours in labor...
wind opaine.
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
wind opaine.
December 30th, 2006 at 11:01pm
C-section should be for people who NEED it and want it. Anyone should be given autism if they feel they need it or something, but if they just don't want to go through the pain, then they don't really need.
It's because the Doctor's didn't listen to my mother and do a C-section that my brother has autism.