AuthorMessage
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
September 3rd, 2008 at 06:57am
jazmine richardson:
i have mixed feelings on this.
i believe that we are being robbed. anybody here work? think of this--
every paycheck you get, a percentage is taken out and sent to people on welfare--a percent of these people are illegal immigrants. in other words, you are HANDING AWAY your money to people who are freeloading off of america's hard working citizens.
however, there are also a percentage of immigrants who ARE legal, and who have earned their way into the US and who do their part.

Illegal immigrants generally try to stay under the radar because if they are found, they will probably be sent back to where they came from. They generally don't claim benefits, because you have to have indefinate leave to remain for that, and they don't automatically get welfare. Most illegal immigrants aren't involved in violent crimes, because if they get caught, they wont just get sent to prison, they will be kicked out of the country. Illegal immingrants don't come to America, or Britain, or France, or where ever to cause havoc, and kill people, most of them just want somewhere better for them and their family. Illegal immigrants aren't likely to be 'freeloading off America's hardworking citizens', they are going to be working hard just to stay alive. Refugees get welfare and benefits, but they are running from recognized persecution, and therefore, they are allowed to try to stay in the country. Refugees and illegal immingrants are two different things. Refugees are recognized, illegal immigrants aren't.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
September 3rd, 2008 at 11:42am

I feel that although it is illegal there are sometimes acceptable reasons for it. A bigger cheque in the mail to feed your family at home is one of them. Ive known many illegal imigrants here in australia want nothing to do except work and send money home. I feel that althought it is illegal i thikn there is some nobility to what they are doing which is in effect risking themselves to make sure their families are fine.

I know this is not the case all the time but it'd be good to consider those kinds of scenarios.

DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 3rd, 2008 at 01:46pm
ChipmunkOnKetamine:
To Zanarkand:
ChipmunkOnKetamine:

People near where I'm staying at the momnet complain about the Polish immigrants, saying that they are taking all the jobs, but those jobs are only avaliable because the 'locals' don't want them.

Not really, Bosses choose to employ Polish people, or any immigrant for that matter, because they'll work for cheaper.

yes, they will work for cheaper, but the local person won't work there for that. If they agreed to work for the same amount as the Polish person, then they would get the job, but the thing is, they wont. They don't want to pick fruit on a minimum wage. They think their too good for that, but the immigrant will, because they just need the money. A company is going to pick the person who is willing to work, and for the least amount; where they come from doesn't matter, but the immigrants will do the work, whilst the native person generally wont bother. (this is a huge generalization, but for the most part it is true)

A lot of that really isn't true. Illegal immigrants will work construction and other contract jobs, but a lot of the jobs they take are set wages and are no cheeper then what we legal American's make. The jobs they take the the ones that poor, struggling college students like myself would die for, even small, silly things like Burger King. We have a lot of illegals in the suburbs, and it's damn near impossible for College kids to find jobs, because either they are "filled", or are full of people who don't speak english (I don't know if you've ever tried working in a place where you are the only person who can fluently speak the English language, but it sucks balls)
Im trying to pay of 20 thousand+ a year to get a halfway decent job and have a life one day
But it's pretty hard when people who don't have the right to be here are enjoying "that crappy job" that I can't get, despite my obviously stronger customer service rep and grip on the English language. How is that fair?
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
September 4th, 2008 at 12:20am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
A lot of that really isn't true. Illegal immigrants will work construction and other contract jobs, but a lot of the jobs they take are set wages and are no cheeper then what we legal American's make. The jobs they take the the ones that poor, struggling college students like myself would die for, even small, silly things like Burger King. We have a lot of illegals in the suburbs, and it's damn near impossible for College kids to find jobs, because either they are "filled", or are full of people who don't speak english (I don't know if you've ever tried working in a place where you are the only person who can fluently speak the English language, but it sucks balls)
Im trying to pay of 20 thousand+ a year to get a halfway decent job and have a life one day
But it's pretty hard when people who don't have the right to be here are enjoying "that crappy job" that I can't get, despite my obviously stronger customer service rep and grip on the English language. How is that fair?
I agree with you. I can relate, because I work in a nursery, I use to work everyweek, then a lady who did use to be an illegal immigrant but got her green card took half my hours. Now I'm 14 and she's in thirty's, but everything I have, I buy myself. My mom won't buy me clothes, or at least the ones I want, she would spend maybe 5 dollars for a crappy tee shirt and maybe if I'm lucky, 20 dollars on jeans, though even then most of my clothes were hand-me-downs. But now I work half as much as I use to. Now I won't have aproblem, if it wasn't the fact that the lady, she only took the job because it was easy cash, she just has to show up and sit down and look at the kids, thats all she does, she won't even hold a kid.

One thing I want to piont out, one of my best friends family immigrated from Mexico, but they did it legally. His family waited I think like 6 years till they got their green cards, they now are legal, but before they were they lived in TJ till they were allowed in legally. Now the reason why it took so long is because the system is all messed up due to the fact that there are so many illegal immigrants here. Most legal immigrants don't like illegals, and I understand perfectly why, that one group waited and did it the right way, the other couldn't care less really. I support immigration, just if its legal.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 4th, 2008 at 12:49am
I support very small bits of legal immigration myself, my only issue is that its estimated that in less then 100 years the US will have a population boom and could launch thousands into poverty, and immigration isn't helping much, so it's an issue for me either way. I think the best way to help impoverished countries to to help them fix the actual country...taking care of it's people on our soil won't help the rest of them
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
September 4th, 2008 at 01:02am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
I support very small bits of legal immigration myself, my only issue is that its estimated that in less then 100 years the US will have a population boom and could launch thousands into poverty, and immigration isn't helping much, so it's an issue for me either way. I think the best way to help impoverished countries to to help them fix the actual country...taking care of it's people on our soil won't help the rest of them
I agree, also I'm not trying to be stereotypical, but in Mexico they try to have alot of kids, well what happens when they immigrate here?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 4th, 2008 at 01:11am
I don't see how you can be against legal immigration at all. The US was founded by immigrants. Unless you're native american, you're ancestors immigrated here at some point in time. Wouldn't it make us hypocrites to deny legal immigration?
Immigrants aren't necessarily coming here just because their nation is impoverished. Many come here for the freedoms America offers. That's always been the main attraction.
Other governments don't really like it when the US comes in and tries to 'fix' everything. And shoving our way of life on other countries really doesn't work out too well.

A population boom could send thousands into poverty, but it might not. Depending on what the economics are like in a 100 years it could make the US an even richer country.

My Dear Delirious:
but everything I have, I buy myself. My mom won't buy me clothes, or at least the ones I want.............if it wasn't the fact that the lady, she only took the job because it was easy cash, she just has to show up and sit down and look at the kids, thats all she does, she won't even hold a kid.
I somehow find it hard to empathize with you. I commend you for being so responsible as to buy all your own clothes, but just because your mom won't buy you the clothes that you want, is really not a reason to complain about an immigrant taking some of your hours.
Since you say that she is a legal immigrant, that means she has to pay taxes, insurance, bills, rent or mortgage, she has to get food, and lots of other things that you don't have to deal with. Since she is a legal immigrant she has just as much right to that job as you do, even if she's just doing it for the money, she's an adult who has other things to spend money on then just clothes she wants.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 4th, 2008 at 01:28am
Actually, we have been growing poorer and poorer. The gap between the rich and poor is widening and the middle class could very well cease to exist in even the next 5 years. Population booms, whether the country in good health or not, will always cause poverty (or issues like S.S) , so either way, we arn;t looking at a good situation.

And I have heard the argument you make about "we are all immigrants", but I think there is indeed a time and place for immigration, and if your country is struggling as much as the US has been, it has no business taking care of other countries people before taking care of domestic problems. Back in the day, there was wealth, jobs, and land for everyone, and they were actually PAYING people to occupy parts of the states and to take certain jobs, but things have changed quite a bit since the old days.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
September 4th, 2008 at 07:57am
Eponine:

I somehow find it hard to empathize with you. I commend you for being so responsible as to buy all your own clothes, but just because your mom won't buy you the clothes that you want, is really not a reason to complain about an immigrant taking some of your hours.
Since you say that she is a legal immigrant, that means she has to pay taxes, insurance, bills, rent or mortgage, she has to get food, and lots of other things that you don't have to deal with. Since she is a legal immigrant she has just as much right to that job as you do, even if she's just doing it for the money, she's an adult who has other things to spend money on then just clothes she wants.

Actually, I sympathize with her quite a bit. There was a time when I was job hunting and I was turned down left and right for jobs I *knew* I was qualified or even over-qualified to do, because I couldn't speak Spanish. People who were high-school dropouts were getting the jobs over me, a college graduate with honors, and I know a few of them were illegals. I had to go out and learn to speak Spanish before I could get a job, and pardon me, but that is fucking bullshit. My family lived in Germany for several years and I had to learn and speak German when I lived there, which I was proud to do because it showed that I respected their culture. Here and there we would find someone who could speak some English but for the most part, they did not cater to Americans and we were expected to learn their language. Now I am forced to learn another language to get a job in my home country, so that I can converse with people who take everything they can from the country, give as little back as possible, and refuse to assimilate and disrespect our culture!

Also, she commented that the woman *was* illegal before obtaining a green card -- which leads me to believe that she did not get it the right way. Even if she is only 14, and the only purchases she has to worry about is clothing, she has every right to that job, especially over someone who is here illegally.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
September 4th, 2008 at 08:33am
My Dear Delirious:
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
A lot of that really isn't true. Illegal immigrants will work construction and other contract jobs, but a lot of the jobs they take are set wages and are no cheaper then what we legal American's make. The jobs they take the the ones that poor, struggling college students like myself would die for, even small, silly things like Burger King. We have a lot of illegals in the suburbs, and it's damn near impossible for College kids to find jobs, because either they are "filled", or are full of people who don't speak English (I don't know if you've ever tried working in a place where you are the only person who can fluently speak the English language, but it sucks balls)
I'm trying to pay of 20 thousand+ a year to get a halfway decent job and have a life one day
I I'm 14 and she's in thirty's, but everything I have, I buy myself. .

yes, they do work in jobs that could be given to other people, but they need to feed their families as well. They can't do it in their home country, so they come here to do it. Would you rather they were shot for saying the wrong thing, or starved to death because there wasn't enough food, than come and pick some fruit, or flip burgers, here? People here aren't starving, in the UK, there is unemployment benefit, in the US, there are soup kitchens, people don't have to starve, but the illegal immigrants have come from where they did starve.

I myself have been turned down from a job because I don't speak Polish, and yes, it annoys me, but I recognize that they are people too, and they have the right to earn a living. At 14, you are still legally a child, and still in school, and therefore a 30 year-old is always going to get the job over you, because you can't work the same hours, or do the same things. Would you have been as annoyed if she had been your neighbor? if she wasn't an immigrant? At 14, you can't work more that 3 hours on a school day, or 18 hours on a school week, non of which can be in school hours, so naturally they are going to give the job to the person who can work longer.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 4th, 2008 at 03:16pm
Thats why, I do believe, if you are so hard pressed on helping immigrants, maybe you should see what you can do/the government can do to help their country, unless you'd rather take the whole Mexican/Cuban/etc populations and fit them into America, because that's really what your saying we should do. It's not America's job to babysit another countries people, and the situation over there will just get worse as more and more people sneak into America.

And she may be 14, but some of us are actually living on our own, and trying hard to make it by in this world as well, and we do it legally, and no, we never came from an impoverished nation, but we struggle hard, and I personally think that people like me are entitled to get a job over someone who is committing a crime, and adding further problems to their own country by leaving.

Im only 18 years old and I need to support myself fully. Im paying for college by myself, and a home and everything I need to live. Neither of my parents have jobs and they can't possibly help me, so by the time I leave school I will have over 100 thousand dollars in school debut alone. There are plenty of hurting people in the US that need attending to before we help out others, and im sorry, but that's really just the way the word works, because if we let ourselves go as a nation to give to others in a time of crisis, we will fall, and even the people you so desperately want to help will be hurt and their nations will be left without our aid.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 4th, 2008 at 08:05pm
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
Actually, we have been growing poorer and poorer. The gap between the rich and poor is widening and the middle class could very well cease to exist in even the next 5 years. Population booms, whether the country in good health or not, will always cause poverty (or issues like S.S) , so either way, we arn;t looking at a good situation.

And I have heard the argument you make about "we are all immigrants", but I think there is indeed a time and place for immigration, and if your country is struggling as much as the US has been, it has no business taking care of other countries people before taking care of domestic problems. Back in the day, there was wealth, jobs, and land for everyone, and they were actually PAYING people to occupy parts of the states and to take certain jobs, but things have changed quite a bit since the old days.

The baby boom after WWII didn't send our economy crashing.
All of what you say is true, but you're not taking into account all the wasted money that is spent on useless government projects, on, uh, the war, and so on. Yes, America has many economical problems today but they where not caused solely by immigrants. (legal and illegal)
If someone immigrates to the US legally, they are not another country's people, they are American. If they are legal then they would take as much part as you would in helping to fix our country. Immigrants are citizens. They are PAYING taxes just like you. (I am obviously referring to legals)

psychochip:
Now I am forced to learn another language to get a job in my home country, so that I can converse with people who take everything they can from the country, give as little back as possible, and refuse to assimilate and disrespect our culture!

Unless you live close to the border, or in a spanish ghetto, I don't see why you couldn't get a job somewhere else. You also have to take into account that if you are over-qualified, then you probably won't get the job. Because you have an education you can most likely get a job somewhere else, but others can't. (Also, it may be unfair that high school drop outs and people who didn't go to college are getting a job over you, but I don't see how this has anything to do with illegal immigrants.)

Also, she commented that the woman *was* illegal before obtaining a green card -- which leads me to believe that she did not get it the right way. Even if she is only 14, and the only purchases she has to worry about is clothing, she has every right to that job, especially over someone who is here illegally.

Her comment led me to infer that at the time the women was given a job over her she was legal. A 30 year old woman is always going to get a job over a 14 year old, whether they are an immigrant or not.

For me it just comes down to the fact that I believe all humans have universal rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and I believe that it s wrong to deny that to someone, even if they come from another country.

(I'm guessing from what you all have said that you're all avid McCain supporters. And if not, then why are you spouting his rich white elitist propaganda?)
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 4th, 2008 at 09:11pm
first of all, a baby boom is a little different then an overpopulation problem, and the baby boom was actually, terrible for our country. Why do you think there is a social security crisis?

Second, while obviously, the economy wasn't thrown into a flux by immigrants, what im saying is they will be a negative factor by the time a crisis strikes. I didn't imply they were some end all be all issue. Read a little closer please
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 4th, 2008 at 10:06pm
You didn't imply otherwise. You said immigration was bad for our country and then listed those things. Unless you say otherwise, I'm not going to think otherwise.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
September 4th, 2008 at 10:42pm
Eponine:
I don't see how you can be against legal immigration at all. The US was founded by immigrants. Unless you're native american, you're ancestors immigrated here at some point in time. Wouldn't it make us hypocrites to deny legal immigration?
Immigrants aren't necessarily coming here just because their nation is impoverished. Many come here for the freedoms America offers. That's always been the main attraction.
Other governments don't really like it when the US comes in and tries to 'fix' everything. And shoving our way of life on other countries really doesn't work out too well.

A population boom could send thousands into poverty, but it might not. Depending on what the economics are like in a 100 years it could make the US an even richer country.

ok, no I understand that we were all immigrants one time or another, but you know what? we should we have no say in whose allowed to move here? What if an illegal immigrant was a fugitive in another country, what are they gonna do here? We should be allowed to say that we can have more people move here, so then our system doesn't just go out of whack.

You know what, the US might be nicer, but eventually we'll run out of land for people to live, what are we gonna do then?

In the 80's, president Reagan went ahead and let every illegal immigrant in the US become legal, and then there was just gonna be no more immigration allowed. Guess what? those illegals at the time became legal (thats how the lady at my work became legal) but the rest of it was never enforced.

Eponine:

I didn't mean to sound all spioled, I'm not. But my clothes before I had money to buy some, wear the really crappy kinda, and I would hardly get new, most of it was hand-me-downs until I was 12 and bought my own. and When I say it wasn't what I wanted, I never got to pick out anything, its different for my sister, but for me growing up I was teased alot because most of my clothes were old and torn up. And I agree, I wouldn't be upset if she did work, she just sits there the whole time and stares at the kids, she won't even hold a crying baby. If she actually did something then just sit there, then I'd have no problem.

No and I realize she does have other things to spend her money on then just clothes, but she is actually being taken care of by the state, I'm not quite sure how, and she's not on welfare, but like something happened so now she gets free housing (its not like projects), I'm not sure of the details, but still.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 4th, 2008 at 11:04pm
My Dear Delirious:
ok, no I understand that we were all immigrants one time or another, but you know what? we should we have no say in whose allowed to move here? What if an illegal immigrant was a fugitive in another country, what are they gonna do here? We should be allowed to say that we can have more people move here, so then our system doesn't just go out of whack.

But that's illegal immigration, which I don't support, it's illegal. (I can understand why people do it, and I don't think they are horrible people. They don't have some great ulterior plan to ruin the US, they just want a better life) I think the system that is used for legal immigration is way to complicated and makes it much harder then it needs to be.

You know what, the US might be nicer, but eventually we'll run out of land for people to live, what are we gonna do then?

Well eventually we're all gunna run out of room on the planet. America really isn't that crowded, when you compare us to other countries, we really do have so much space. Unlike China we're all spread out.

In the 80's, president Reagan went ahead and let every illegal immigrant in the US become legal, and then there was just gonna be no more immigration allowed. Guess what? those illegals at the time became legal (thats how the lady at my work became legal) but the rest of it was never enforced.

Well yeah obviously, if it was enforced this wouldn't be an issue. I'm no genius, or expert, but there is a solution that could work just fine. (I don't know exactly what) As long as America remains a great nation there are going to be people who want to immigrate here.
sciencefreak897
Banned
sciencefreak897
September 5th, 2008 at 07:29am
I'm rather 50/50 on this. One thing: Their stealing our money
but on the other hand, What else are they going to do? Starve in their own land because the stingy Americains won't help them?
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
September 5th, 2008 at 07:30am
Eponine, we are discussing ILLEGAL immigration. Nobody has said that we have anything against legal immigrants. If they go through the legal process and become a citizen, then fine, I'm all for it. It's the border jumpers and the ones who try to float here from Cuba or Haiti in a truck with extra wheels tied onto it in the dead of night that we are opposed to.

I do not live in a Spanish ghetto, nor do I live near the border. I live in Orlando, Florida -- which is being taken over by Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Brazilians, and other Spanish speakers. I was even turned down for a RETAIL job because "you couldn't help the 'ethnic' clientele." Our school system is so fucked up that teachers have to provide their own copy paper if they want to give worksheets or handouts to their kids but the English for Speakers of Other Languages (read: Spanish, because they don't have it in Vietnamese, Haitian Creole, or any other ethnic group, only Spanish) is still in place and drains millions from taxpayer money every year, all because an ILLEGAL immigrant sued the school system because her child (who was also an illegal) was not being taught in his home language. Tell me why children of citizens are being screwed out of a decent education so that we can pander and cater to illegals and Puertorican immigrants who don't care about anything but taking whatever they can get.

And before you try to point out to ignorant ol' me that Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the US and that they have every right to be here, I know that. But people on the island do not pay taxes, although they can (and do) collect welfare, and most of our education tax dollars at this time are being spent to teach the children of the ones who come here in Spanish, which is wrong. If they move to America, their children should be able to assimilate into the systems already in place, without expecting the government to accomodate *them*. They should be able to go to an emergency room and be able to tell the doctor that is already there what is wrong with them, so that citizens working in the medical field are not laid off and replaced with bi-lingual, less qualified workers just so they can have translators. From a fairness standpoint, an immigrant from Puerto Rico who comes here and demands special treatment, who goes on welfare and feels like they are entitled to everything, who refuses to learn the language and ends up en masse causing citizens to be replaced with Spanish-speaking workers -- that. Is. Wrong. It is not fair.

And for the record, I'm a registered Democrat. I'm just tired of seeing hard-working, legal citizens get the shaft over race and language. I used to be like you. I used to think that everyone was entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Then I moved out of the cornfield and out into real life, and I saw what happened, how me, (a white, college-educated, English/German-speaking American citizen) my husband (a white, college-educated, English-speaking American citizen) flounder and fail in finding jobs, having to go through the mockery of unemployment, having to live in a ghetto with drug dealers, prostitutes, and gangs, when all we wanted was a good life and found it was harder than it should be because our jobs, our housing, all of it was being given to illegal immigrants because for all they preach equal opportunity, they have to have certain percentages of ethnic groups to be able to prove they are fair. I started seeing illegals in fancy cars, buying food I couldn't afford with food stamps that my tax money paid for, living rent-free through HUD while hubs and I lived on ramen so we could afford the rent, and my worldview changed extremely fast.

Why should American citizens struggle, why should our children be hungry, why should their educations and futures be compromised for someone who is NOT HERE LEGALLY?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 5th, 2008 at 03:50pm
DIE! DIE! DIE! made a comment that was pretty much anti-immigration.

I'm not directly affected by illegal immigration, so no, I don't have as clear as view on it as you do, and everyone being able to have life, liberty, ect. is basically just a fancy, but I still believe it. I also believe that there has to be an answer that would be fair to both people like you and illegal immigrants. Unfortunately I have no idea what it would be.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
September 6th, 2008 at 12:40am
psychochip:

I do not live in a Spanish ghetto, nor do I live near the border. I live in Orlando, Florida -- which is being taken over by Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Brazilians, and other Spanish speakers. I was even turned down for a RETAIL job because "you couldn't help the 'ethnic' clientele." Our school system is so fucked up that teachers have to provide their own copy paper if they want to give worksheets or handouts to their kids but the English for Speakers of Other Languages (read: Spanish, because they don't have it in Vietnamese, Haitian Creole, or any other ethnic group, only Spanish) is still in place and drains millions from taxpayer money every year, all because an ILLEGAL immigrant sued the school system because her child (who was also an illegal) was not being taught in his home language. Tell me why children of citizens are being screwed out of a decent education so that we can pander and cater to illegals and Puertorican immigrants who don't care about anything but taking whatever they can get

And before you try to point out to ignorant ol' me that Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the US and that they have every right to be here, I know that. But people on the island do not pay taxes, although they can (and do) collect welfare, and most of our education tax dollars at this time are being spent to teach the children of the ones who come here in Spanish, which is wrong. If they move to America, their children should be able to assimilate into the systems already in place, without expecting the government to accomodate *them*. They should be able to go to an emergency room and be able to tell the doctor that is already there what is wrong with them, so that citizens working in the medical field are not laid off and replaced with bi-lingual, less qualified workers just so they can have translators. From a fairness standpoint, an immigrant from Puerto Rico who comes here and demands special treatment, who goes on welfare and feels like they are entitled to everything, who refuses to learn the language and ends up en masse causing citizens to be replaced with Spanish-speaking workers -- that. Is. Wrong. It is not fair.
EXACTLY! I do live in a spanish ghetto, San Diego, that is what this place has become. I'm not at all racist. But I mean teachers at my school are giving extra credit if kids bring paper in because the budget is so tight, yet everything is printed in Spanish and English. Now to me, it shouldn't be that my school doesn't have enough money for paper becuase they have to print everything out twice. I'm all for legal immigration, but I do think we have to say, that it is our country and here we speak English. Mexicans here get mad if we don't speak spanish, well theres hundreds of other languages here besides Spanish, I don't understand why they say "but I'm an american!" yet they have to be treated special and it is has to be how they want it, spanish.

psychochip:

And for the record, I'm a registered Democrat. I'm just tired of seeing hard-working, legal citizens get the shaft over race and language. I used to be like you. I used to think that everyone was entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Then I moved out of the cornfield and out into real life, and I saw what happened, how me, (a white, college-educated, English/German-speaking American citizen) my husband (a white, college-educated, English-speaking American citizen) flounder and fail in finding jobs, having to go through the mockery of unemployment, having to live in a ghetto with drug dealers, prostitutes, and gangs, when all we wanted was a good life and found it was harder than it should be because our jobs, our housing, all of it was being given to illegal immigrants because for all they preach equal opportunity, they have to have certain percentages of ethnic groups to be able to prove they are fair. I started seeing illegals in fancy cars, buying food I couldn't afford with food stamps that my tax money paid for, living rent-free through HUD while hubs and I lived on ramen so we could afford the rent, and my worldview changed extremely fast.

Why should American citizens struggle, why should our children be hungry, why should their educations and futures be compromised for someone who is NOT HERE LEGALLY?
I'm sorry your layed off and about all of that, its like that down here, and almost everywhere else in the USA right now. My mom's best friends daughter, had to pay for college at USD almost completely by herself, she may have had a 3.8 high school GPA and was in a variety of clubs, but most of the scholarships where being given to hispanics because they claim to be "the minority", even though their GPA was much lower and other then their race were much less qualified. Well so she, a white girl living down by the boarder tries to go get a job, she went to an ice cream shop, they wouldn't hire her because, "she was too white" now, if that had been said to anyother ethnic group, their would have been a civic right trial and the whole ten yards. I love how people look at a white person and thinks we think we are all high on ourself and perfect and so on (I have heard that said to my face before). I have experienced so much racism, just due to the fact I'm not Mexican because of where I live, that I loathe this place. High school isn't bad about it, but in elementary school it kept me from going to school, I was so ashamed to be white. its absoultely wrong, rasicm towards anybody, but I guess I'm always gonna be the minority around here.