Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
Midnight
Killjoy
Midnight
May 30th, 2006 at 11:13pm
Personally i think it is wrong for teens to have babies. When you are a teenager you have no economic status, no income, no "good" transportation, no financial standards, and nowhere to raise a child. No matter how "mature" a teen may be, they are never really "ready" to have a child. I think that if teens do get pregnant then they should consider adoption.

Post your thoughts on teen pregnancy here.
dearsami
Demolition Lover
dearsami
May 30th, 2006 at 11:25pm
I don't like teen pregnancy.
Idiots, they're idiots for getting pregnant!
And than some go and try to get abortions, it's their fault for having sex!
medea.
In The Murder Scene
medea.
May 30th, 2006 at 11:27pm
As long as the teenager takes responsibility for the child, I think it's fine.

I also think adoption is a good choice, unless the teenager has thought thoroughly about how they were to raise the child, and spoke to some adult that has been a parent for help or advice.
Adora Angel
In The Murder Scene
Adora Angel
May 30th, 2006 at 11:28pm
I dislike teen pregnancy.

But some teenagers today want to have unprotected sex.

We can't stop them, they think they're old enough and mature enough to make the decision.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
May 30th, 2006 at 11:34pm
Teen pregnancy is sad. =(
Pieces Mended
Shotgun Sinner
Pieces Mended
May 30th, 2006 at 11:36pm
i dont think they should give up their babies to adoption thats just taking the easy way out, its their responsibility their "mistake" so they should take responsibility and take care of that baby and if they do give it up for adoption they will always consider that option eveytime they get pregnant

so what im trying to say is that if your "old" enough to be out there fucking your old enough to to take care of a baby
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
May 30th, 2006 at 11:41pm
Sami:

I agree - if you have sex, then you need to be able to deal with the consequences.
Rainy.
Awake and Unafraid
Rainy.
May 31st, 2006 at 12:02am
I think it depends on the individual.

My one cousin had a baby when she was 14 and she took responsiblity and realized the seriousness of her situation.
My other cousin is 17 and she is pregnant and thinks it's gonna be easy. She is very irresponsible and wants to have a cute little baby she can dress up like a doll, and I am really concerned what is going to happen after she has her baby.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
May 31st, 2006 at 02:39am
I'm not for it at all. Personally I think they're really stupid to be having babies so young. Where are they gonna get the finacial support form? Other people's tax - that's where. If pisses me off so much that young mother's can sit at home on their arses while other people have to go out and work so hard and then get a big chunk of their wage taken out to pay for single mum's. UGH. But that's a totally different topic..
The Suspect
Really Not Okay
The Suspect
May 31st, 2006 at 02:50am
well... "teen"... like 13? 14? no.

but 18? 19? can't say much about it at that point...
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 31st, 2006 at 03:14am
I think teen pregnancy before the legal age to have sex is bad.
But after the legal age, I don't see a problem with it at all. 2 of my friends have babies, and the girls are both 17. They are wonderful mothers, and they are in fantastic relationships with the fathers of their babies.
Another friend of mine and his girlfriend have just found out that they are having a baby too. I think they should have waited a while, but that is only because they hadn't been going out for too long before Tahlia got pregnant. I am really happy for them, it's their choice, and I know that they will both be awesome parents.
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
Salute You in Your Grave
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
May 31st, 2006 at 03:32am
i woulodnt be here if it werent for a teenage pregnancy. But I still dont think its right.
Midnight
Killjoy
Midnight
May 31st, 2006 at 04:02am
*EvaAdore*:
i dont think they should give up their babies to adoption thats just taking the easy way out, its their responsibility their "mistake" so they should take responsibility and take care of that baby and if they do give it up for adoption they will always consider that option eveytime they get pregnant

so what im trying to say is that if your "old" enough to be out there fucking your old enough to to take care of a baby

thats true BUT you have to think for the sake of the child, imagine how that kid would grow up being raised by none other than a kid. The child would be severly neglected and most likely being taken away to adoption anyways.
M!lly La Bam
Bleeding on the Floor
M!lly La Bam
May 31st, 2006 at 04:43am
Teen preganacy is a very delicate subject I think.

I have a friend that is [currently] pregnant, and another who I found out was 3 months pregnant a while ago.

I think it is a setback to have a child so early in life.
Most of my freinds dream of getting out of home, away from the stress of family life or looking after younger siblings ect.
They want their own house, a nice job and freedom.

A child is a wonderfull thing, but ... not so early in life.

But, it's your life, and you can do whatever you want to do.
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
May 31st, 2006 at 12:11pm
Sami:

Clap
emurlee
Demolition Lover
emurlee
May 31st, 2006 at 12:18pm
Well.
I have an example. I know a girl who got pregnant at 15. She stayed in school, had the baby, did her exams. She is still with the father of the baby. Her mother is very supportive of her. I think that while she may have made bad decisions, I admire her for giving up her teenage life to have the baby and take care of it.

However, others aren't so lucky. It's rare that a teenage father will hang around to take his responsibility and often parents aren't supportive of the decision. If I got pregnant now I know that my mother would make me have an abortion or have it adopted no matter what I wanted to do. The girl I know is very mature - others aren't. And recently it's been revealed that an 11 year old girl in Scotland is pregnant and is keeping the baby. I think that's wrong.

I also think it's wrong for teenagers to have unprotected sex, get pregnant and then have an abortion. That's plain stupid. I guess I feel that if you're in the very good situation that the girl I know is in, then it's your decision, if you feel able to support the baby, then fine, it's your life and your teenage years, but otherwise... no.

That said I would support any of my friends who became a parent, to the best of my abilities.
matt skiba!
Awake and Unafraid
matt skiba!
May 31st, 2006 at 12:23pm
Your age doesnt dictate your parenting abilities. I dont approve of teen couples trying to have a child, but if it happens accidently, and they want to keep the child and care for it, whats wrong with that?
The Ashcroft Moon
Bleeding on the Floor
The Ashcroft Moon
May 31st, 2006 at 12:25pm
Miss Murder:
Your age doesnt dictate your parenting abilities. I dont approve of teen couples trying to have a child, but if it happens accidently, and they want to keep the child and care for it, whats wrong with that?
exactly wot i was gonna say
A cruce salus
Salute You in Your Grave
A cruce salus
May 31st, 2006 at 12:31pm
today i feel: o.O:
Teen pregnancy is sad. =(

I agree...having a child so early can really mess up you life unless you are responsible enough--but if you are and take care for the child, I'm so glad!
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 31st, 2006 at 12:47pm
Miss Murder:

Well yes. Otherwise, we'd have a ton MORE of unwanted children.

My school has a daycare for students with children. And there are a LOT of them.