Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
Delirium_x
Bleeding on the Floor
Delirium_x
May 31st, 2006 at 01:21pm
i know a 13 year-old who had an abortion. and another 12 year-old,now that i think of it.
in Ireland,we're making it legal for people aged 14 to have sexual relationships with anyone in a 2 year age radius.do you think there will be a rise in pregnancies or are they just legally recognising what everyone has been doing for years, and things will stay the same?
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
May 31st, 2006 at 02:05pm
Teens are still kids. And kids are not supposed to raise other kids. What can 2 parents who are still in school teach their baby? Nothing , because they aren't old enough to know about life.
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
May 31st, 2006 at 02:07pm
if you think your mature enough to have sex then you should
be mature enough to have a baby.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
May 31st, 2006 at 02:09pm
I come from the part of the UK with the highest teen pregnancy rate. If you'd have asked me this question a few years back, I'd have said I don't agree with it if you do it deliberately.

Now?. I guess I stopped caring. This is your life, this is the only one and if you would like to toss that down the pan then you can do that. Just don't comlpain or spend the rest of your life leeching from the government, while people who didn't go out and get pregnant at 13 work their backsides off to pay taxes for you to live on.
demolitionlover1031
Jazz Hands
demolitionlover1031
May 31st, 2006 at 02:13pm
Your age doesnt dictate your parenting abilities. I dont approve of teen couples trying to have a child, but if it happens accidently, and they want to keep the child and care for it, whats wrong with that?

I wholeheartedly agree.
I know a great couple who had their first child together when they were very young. Age definitely hasn't dictated their success in parenting or other parts of their lives. The father has now finished college and the mother is well on her way.
So, having children as a teen can be beautiful, if you are mature enough.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
May 31st, 2006 at 02:29pm
My mother had my older sister when she was only 18. She was amdly in love with my sisters father, thought that when she had the baby, he would come and help out, and be a good father. Well she was wrong- he ran off to California, and we haven't heard from his since. My grandmother wasn't exactly the most supportive parent, so my mom moved out, with my sister, and moved into some little apartment in Staten Island. She dropped out of college because she saw, because she worked and went to school, my sisters grades were dropping, and she rather save my sisters education than hers. Everyone assumed my mother was just a "wh0re" and Jessica (my sister) was going to turn out like a hoochy mamma.

My sister is now the assident vice president of some stock company in New York City, ranking in a LARGE sum of money. She went to college, (clearly), got married, and now at 29 lives in a nice house in New Jersey with her husband and daughter.

But my mother si a special person, and was able to get over that narcassitic attitude teenagers have, and step up to be a mother. Most teenagers, can't do that. Even with this new life in their hands, they act selfish little babies (one girl in my school stilled smoked pot while pregnant). And if that is the case, they need to give their child up for adoption, or get an abortion. just because the were foolish enough to have unprotected sex, doesn't mean they are responsible enough to raise a child, and if that is the case, it is better to give the child a good life with a new family, than a bad life with their mother.

Oh and even though my mother saids, having Jessica saved her life, she doesn't advise getting pregnant as a teenager (even at 18-19). It is hard work, it is alot of responsibilty, and you basically have to give up your life to raise the child.
kinney.
Bulletproof Heart
kinney.
May 31st, 2006 at 02:32pm
the legal age for sex in ireland is 17 but it's being changed to 16.
i don't really see why it's being lowered but not many people pay any notice in the first place!
take the 12 year old who has a 1 year old daughter for example.
Delirium_x
Bleeding on the Floor
Delirium_x
May 31st, 2006 at 02:46pm
Jenni,your mother totally rules.
I'd hate to get pregnant as a teenager.I have big plans that don't facilitate children...::evil giggle:
A lady in white
Motor Baby
A lady in white
May 31st, 2006 at 02:57pm
I was raped when I was sixteen and I got pregnant as a result. I gave the baby up for adoption and believe me, that was hard for me to do, even though I got pregnant by force. Believe me, it's horrible.
Freddy
Always Born a Crime
Freddy
May 31st, 2006 at 03:47pm
my mom and dad had my older sister when they were 18 and everything is great for them. it can work Very Happy

my best friend got pregnant when she was 16. shes 17 now, and still pregnant! i think shes 8 months gone now. her and her babys father have been together over a year, and he was very supportive to begin with. then they started fighting and broke up, which totally messed her up... but since then, they have decided to try again because they love each other and its all going well again.
so time will tell i guess....

but in general, i find teen pregnancy sad.
if they are happy about it, then good for them Very Happy
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 31st, 2006 at 07:28pm
Midnight:
thats true BUT you have to think for the sake of the child, imagine how that kid would grow up being raised by none other than a kid. The child would be severly neglected and most likely being taken away to adoption anyways.

What the hell? Do you know any teenagers with children?
I know 2 couples that are my age and have babies, and they are awesome parents. They would NEVER neglect their children, and there is no way that Hayley & Jordan would ever be taken away from their parents.

I know another girl, Tahlia, who just got pregnant. She is only in year 11, but she will be a fantastic mother. And I know that her boyfriend loves her very much and will never leave her, no matter what.
Becky
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Becky
May 31st, 2006 at 07:45pm
The bat keeper:
I was raped when I was sixteen and I got pregnant as a result. I gave the baby up for adoption and believe me, that was hard for me to do, even though I got pregnant by force. Believe me, it's horrible.

Sad i dont even know what to say, that must really hurt. i think that its only people like u and other teens that have gotten raped that should really have the choice to put their baby for adoption or even abortion, esspecially abortion. i think that teens that had sex willingly should not be allowed to consider abortion. but i really applaude u for having that baby and giving it a safe home.
i also believe that if your a teen and keep your baby and call it a mistake is wrong i know that if my mother would have had me as a teen and would ever tell me i was a mistake i would feel like crap!
omg!_its izzy!
Really Not Okay
omg!_its izzy!
May 31st, 2006 at 07:55pm
one of friends mom had her at 17 and her sister at 19 and they have been raised perfectly and there mom doesn't regret any of it in the slightest.
Midnight
Killjoy
Midnight
May 31st, 2006 at 08:08pm
~*~Bella~*~:
Midnight:
thats true BUT you have to think for the sake of the child, imagine how that kid would grow up being raised by none other than a kid. The child would be severly neglected and most likely being taken away to adoption anyways.

What the hell? Do you know any teenagers with children?
I know 2 couples that are my age and have babies, and they are awesome parents. They would NEVER neglect their children, and there is no way that Hayley & Jordan would ever be taken away from their parents.

I know another girl, Tahlia, who just got pregnant. She is only in year 11, but she will be a fantastic mother. And I know that her boyfriend loves her very much and will never leave her, no matter what.

SOME teenagers can be good parents but the percentage of that is very low. and now with todays teenagers being especially irresponsible that percentage is getting even lower. and yes almost all of my friends have gotten pregnant and almost all of them have neglected the child and with the girls that did keep the baby are borderlining it.
some random person__
Killjoy
some random person__
June 1st, 2006 at 12:58am
if someone wants to get pregnant in their teens, well thats their problem, waste their life on looking after their child.
julianna
Bleeding on the Floor
julianna
June 1st, 2006 at 12:59am
Bleeding.To.Be.Seen.x:
if someone wants to get pregnant in their teens, well thats their problem, waste their life on looking after their child.
That's what im saying.
Mary; Without Sound
Salute You in Your Grave
Mary; Without Sound
June 1st, 2006 at 01:13am
My view on teen pregnancy is…..IT HAPPENS. Sometimes better then others, it no ones fault, it don’t happen to a certain kind of person and it’s not always such a horrible thing . I know a lot of people that had kids young and there kids all turn out find. On the other hand I know people that had kids in there teens and it was a disaster….but honestly they could have had kids at 30 and it still would have been a disaster. So I think it all depends on the people in question. Also if the teen wants to have sex, they have to live with there decision and what it may bring!!
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 1st, 2006 at 01:43am
Midnight:
SOME teenagers can be good parents but the percentage of that is very low. and now with todays teenagers being especially irresponsible that percentage is getting even lower. and yes almost all of my friends have gotten pregnant and almost all of them have neglected the child and with the girls that did keep the baby are borderlining it.

Teenagers can be awesome parents though. A lot of older people aren't good parents. It all comes down to the person, it has nothing to do with age.
Celine For War
Shotgun Sinner
Celine For War
June 1st, 2006 at 02:01am
Though i'm not totally approving this, i think teenage pregnancy makes teenagers responsible. i have a friend who got pregnant at the age of 15. she used to be reckless. now that she has a pretty baby girl, she has become responsible and even more than i've expected.

the only reason why i'm not liking this is because it removes teenagehood. teenage parents don't enjoy the feeling of being young cuz they have other things to think of, like their child.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 1st, 2006 at 02:04am
Celine:
the only reason why i'm not liking this is because it removes teenagehood. teenage parents don't enjoy the feeling of being young cuz they have other things to think of, like their child.

My friends with babies still come out and do normal stuff with the rest of the group. Sure they have a baby to look after now, but it's not like they have completely lost their 'teenagehood'.

And Pat & Tahlia are still coming to schoolies with the rest of us.