Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 16th, 2008 at 04:57pm
Pretty Black Sky:
Most teenagers have unprotected sex and they believe that they won't get pregnant.I think that having sex when you're at age of 14 or 15 isn't the best thing to do.Mostly,people who have sex at that age can't take responsibility.So,I think that they have to blame theirselves for being mothers and fathers at that early age.
ok, so because you do make a big desicion at my age (I'm 14 going on 15) then automatically your irresponsible? well obviously if you get pregnant it most likely is your fault (unless you were like raped and I do know girls who were raped and got pregnant, so is that fault?) Theres so many different scenerios, you can't just simply say it was like Juno and two kids got bored and started messing around. and also almost every kid I know who has had sex has used a condem. Theres a reason why you can buy a condem when you are 12 years old, because the average age of the inner city kid when they lose thier virginity is 12-13. That is scary, but obviously not many people are following abstence anymore, and can you blame kids? there is sex everywhere
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
August 16th, 2008 at 11:04pm
I'm not saying that all of them are irresponsible.My point is that when you realize there is a risk of becoming a parent,but you still have unprotected sex,sooner or later it will happen.
You are right about that sex is everywhere-even in schools.In one of the most prefered high schools in my country,most 15 or 16-year olds drop out,because they got kids,who were actually made in the girls' restroom.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 17th, 2008 at 12:59am
Pretty Black Sky:
You are right about that sex is everywhere-even in schools.In one of the most prefered high schools in my country,most 15 or 16-year olds drop out,because they got kids,who were actually made in the girls' restroom.

Where they forced to drop out or did they choose too? I know girls who are 8/9 months pregnant and still go to school, but then again I go to a public school.
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
August 17th, 2008 at 01:21am
I don't know exactly,but one of my classmates has a cousin there,and she told me that they mostly choose to drop out for a few reasons,like...well,teachers don't treat them the way they treat other students (in a bad way I mean),their classmates ignore,insult and make jokes of them,because mostly the rumor of someone being pregnant is spreading really fast.They just feel like they don't belong.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 17th, 2008 at 01:25am
Oh well that sucks. I mean, it's not really good that so many teens are getting pregnant but they shouldn't be ostracized because of it.
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
August 17th, 2008 at 01:32am
If their teachers don't treat them that way,maybe things will be different.In a way,they make them even more miserable and hated.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 17th, 2008 at 01:52am
Yeah, that's really not cool.
cherstinmayanneliee
Motor Baby
cherstinmayanneliee
August 18th, 2008 at 02:05pm
my kid is the most wellbehaved, most wellmannered, polite 3 year old i know, and anyone else knows, for that matter. i had her when i was 20.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 20th, 2008 at 01:21am
cherstinmayanneliee:
my kid is the most wellbehaved, most wellmannered, polite 3 year old i know, and anyone else knows, for that matter. i had her when i was 20.
I think that teen parents can be great parents, in fact one of my moms friends was ranting to me about how teen moms can't decipline their kids and so on, and how everyone should wait till they are at least 40 to start having kids, but as she said this her 3 year old was upstairs coloring on a wall with a sharpie, and multiple times when she took my little sister out to the beach with her family her daughter has gotten out of the car while stopped at a traffic light and ran off, her children are the most out of control kids I know. Now I'm not saying every teen parent is completely fit or whatever, I know some who were far from it and couldn't take very great care of their child, but a kid at my work was born to a teen mom, and he is the most joyous kid to have there, he's six but he is so unbelievably well behaved.
Craig Mabbitt
Really Not Okay
Craig Mabbitt
August 22nd, 2008 at 02:16am
My sister (Who just turned 24) had a child back in April. I know it's not Exactly a teen pregnancy, but, it's still kinda young. But, her boyfriend(Soon to be husband) is the nicest guy ever, and I've considered him a brother for about 2 years now. But, her son, who is about to turn 4 months, is the sweetest, happiest little baby you could ever imagine. I swear, when the kid was born, I never heard him cry.

Besides, where I live, many of the girls in the Local High School (Not the one I'm going into, that I know of) are mothers and/or pregnant. And, also, maybe it's because we're so far away from any major town or city, it's really the only thing to do here. I.E. going out to parties and such.
It all really depends on the persons involved, really. And, we can't exactly tell them how to live their life, now can we?
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
August 23rd, 2008 at 12:00pm
So many teenagers are getting pregnant now a days.
It's like the new thing to do, so rediculous.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
August 23rd, 2008 at 05:22pm
I think that the main problem is that teenage girls underestimate how hard it is to look after a baby. There was a girl who actually craved being pregnant. She wanted to have a child. SHe had it all planned out. She would get a job in the local New Look, she said she didn't want to do anything more than that, and she would have this baby.

What most teenagers don't realize is that under 18, you can't get a mortage, you can't own land, and there are very few emplyoment oppurtunities for people without qualifications. A job in a clothes shop isn't going to pay for you and your kid.

I think that at 18, and 19, then, sure, have a kid, I think that a person is adult enough to take responsibility for a child. Before that, in my opinion, you should still be at school, and you are not mature enough to raise a child. I know there are 19yos, who are less mature than 14yos, but on average, it stands. I personally think you should live your life a bit before you decide to have kids, but other people disagree. I definatly think that under 18 is too young to have a child.
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
August 23rd, 2008 at 11:41pm
i completely agree with every word you said.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
August 24th, 2008 at 04:04am
cherstinmayanneliee:

(no offense meant)I wouldn't personally say that that was a teen pregnancy, as you weren't a teenager. I think that 20 is a perfectly reasonable age to have a kid; you've finished school, you have qualifications, so you can get a job, as far as I'm concerned 20 is a pretty damn good age to have kids if you want them. My mom had me when she was 24, my Nan was very early 20's when she had my mom and my uncle. My mom has worked since she was 14, barring a couple of years maternity leave when my and brother were born, and she's a pretty decent Mom.

I don't really count over 18 as a teen pregnancy.
xBlondeconfidencex
Fabulous Killjoy
xBlondeconfidencex
August 24th, 2008 at 05:51pm
I think that teen pregnancy is ok as long as the teenage girl knows the consequences of having an unprotected sex,is sure that she can make it through with a baby in that age and have support from her family or her friends..
otherwise it'll be very hard..
cherstinmayanneliee
Motor Baby
cherstinmayanneliee
August 25th, 2008 at 09:47am
non taken.

but you can be a successfull young mother also.
im the manager of a nightclub at 23 years old, and i have a 3 year old daughter i take care of.
me and my stomach
Thinking Happy Thoughts
me and my stomach
August 25th, 2008 at 09:50am
that's awesome!

teen pregnancy is fine, as long as you're capable and mature enough to take care of the child. but sadly, it isn't like that for most cases.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
August 26th, 2008 at 03:51pm
as much as i love the movie juno
a situation like that is not as simple as it appears to b in that movie and its also very hard on the individual
its a sad situation and i dont think some teenagers realize how much it drastically changes ur life
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 27th, 2008 at 12:42am
ChipmunkOnKetamine:
I think that the main problem is that teenage girls underestimate how hard it is to look after a baby. There was a girl who actually craved being pregnant. She wanted to have a child. SHe had it all planned out. She would get a job in the local New Look, she said she didn't want to do anything more than that, and she would have this baby.

What most teenagers don't realize is that under 18, you can't get a mortage, you can't own land, and there are very few emplyoment oppurtunities for people without qualifications. A job in a clothes shop isn't going to pay for you and your kid.

I think that at 18, and 19, then, sure, have a kid, I think that a person is adult enough to take responsibility for a child. Before that, in my opinion, you should still be at school, and you are not mature enough to raise a child. I know there are 19yos, who are less mature than 14yos, but on average, it stands. I personally think you should live your life a bit before you decide to have kids, but other people disagree. I definatly think that under 18 is too young to have a child.
no agree, I don't think you live here in the states, but like a few months ago there was this story about like 17 teenage girls, i think 16 years old on average, who made a pact to all got pregnant at the same time to raise the babies al together. Inall honesty, that makes me worried. At my high school they have a pregnant minors program, and it is ussually has a good number of girls registered. That severely scares me.
xchemicalx
Killjoy
xchemicalx
August 27th, 2008 at 01:44am
[Not sure if religious views are allowed in here, but....]

Teenage pregnancies make me sick. That's all there is to it. And now with all these shows and movies about it, it's only making it worse. Sure the shows are giving the message that it's wrong to have a kid when you're just a kid yourself, but with today's kids, does that really matter? When I was in high school I was friends with 2 girls that were pregnant. I didn't judge them at all and I didn't stop being friends with them. It's not really my place to tell them what to do with their life.

I'm a strong believer in having sex after marriage. It's the mature thing to do. Plus, sleeping around only causes diseases and all sorts of stuff. And, of course, pregnancies. Then they regret it. So, it's best just to wait.

Plus, I don't think 15,16,17,18 year olds should be having sex in the first place.