Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 30th, 2008 at 03:30pm
Bert McCracken:

I was referring to this city, its the main cause because its like you stated kids are bored. But also the girls where I live are treated like shit, nearly every single one. They see the babies as toys rather than a life. And once the innocence of a helpless baby grows out of its cuteness and requires alot more attention. They lose interest and thats where social services come in.
There are cases though where the parenting is successful but unfortunately, the majority ruin it for the minority.
well thats a universal thing really, and lie it has been said many times, any age parent can be unfit.

Bert McCracken:

People have different mental states, I was assessed by a psychologist, I supposedly have the mind of a 25 year old. But its own personal decision in the end, if a 16 year old wants a kid she should at least be advised on the pros and cons of the situation. Personally I think when girls go into high school they should be warned by their mother about all these things. I don't think many kids realize what having a child entails. you with experience should know its hard to care for kids, now that all the time. Its a 24 hour job for the next 18 years of their life and it should be realized before creating the child.

just because you have a high mental age, that doesn't mean to much, in my opinion, your still a 16 year old, if you got pregnant, you might be a great mom but your still 16. I'm 14, I'm very mature, but I have Bi Polar Disorder also, so it really does depend on the indivual, I mean I can take care of kids pretty well, in fact I'm one of the only people that gets paid at my work (thats cause I work in the way early morning also), and actually the co-worker that I work with and the person who alternates with me, theres a kid in the nursery that said he doesn't like it when I'm not there because I take care of him better then my alternate, like if he scrapes his knee, I sing to him or do cartoon vioces, or I give him snack when he wants it and I always refill his water if he asks for it, which my coworker does the snack part sometimes, but my alternate doesn't (who btw the only reason why she got half my hours is because she's in her thirties, even though she sits there the whole time and does absolutely nothing, she won't even hold a crying baby, she makes the other lady do it, or the kid just doesn't get held, just because she's older she can go and complain a minor is taking up hours that could be hers and so on, she only sits there and yet she gets the same amount of pay) so it is saying something when a kid whose there every week and hates the week i"m not there, I might be great with kids, but in the end I'm still 14.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 30th, 2008 at 03:49pm
It seems to me that even if you are super mature and responsible, if you are sixteen you shouldn't have a kid. When you're that age you need to be concentrating on school, maybe a job too. A kid just isn't a good idea. Not saying that if you do have a child you're doomed, but you shouldn't actively be trying to get pregnant. That just seems stupid to me. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
sciencefreak897
Banned
sciencefreak897
September 8th, 2008 at 01:40pm
I wouldn't say "wrong to have babies" but wrong to have sex before marriage.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
September 8th, 2008 at 07:02pm
Eponine:
It seems to me that even if you are super mature and responsible, if you are sixteen you shouldn't have a kid.

I guess I'd have to agree with you on that one.
Don't get me wrong, I think a lot of teenagers make fantastic parents, but I guess if you're really THAT mature for your age, and you're soooo responsible, you're smart enough to know that becoming a parent is best left until you've got a job, a husband/long-term partner, a house of your own, etc. Or at least finished school, come on.
But the fact is, while kids are having sex, there's always the possibility of a pregnancy occurring. And if they decide to stand up and go from schoolkid to parent in 40 weeks, more kudos to them.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
September 8th, 2008 at 07:04pm
sciencefreak897:
I wouldn't say "wrong to have babies" but wrong to have sex before marriage.

Can you please read over the rules of the forum. It states clearly that you shouldnt put one sentence answers and that you should back up your comments by developing your points and giving evidence if possible.

You have posted in a great deal of threads with single sentences. This is against the rules.
Thanks

..carry on Smile
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
September 8th, 2008 at 08:06pm
Teen pregnancy to me is wrong, to an extent.

I don't think teenagers should be engaging in sexual activites, and having children, at least not until marriage. Yet, there are so many people in the world that do have sex before marraige, and it'll probably never stop.

I just think it's sad to see immature couples have a baby and not take cre of it properly. I think that if I teenage girl gets pregnant, that baby has to become her first priority in life, you know?

I'm not pro or anti teenage pregnancy, but if a teenage girl is going to get pregnant, she should be able to take care of the child properly. It's now her and the father's responsibility.
Don Juan Triumphant
Salute You in Your Grave
Don Juan Triumphant
June 25th, 2009 at 02:30pm
ok i have a serious question for anyone who would know. just to clear it up, this is not me i am talking about, but she is a best friend of mine who i will not mention a name, because some of you know who she is. she is worried that she may be pregnant and wants to know if this could happen:
her and her boyfriend did some stuff at a party. they did not have sex. she has never had sex. but she is worried that he may have had some stuff on his finger, which he then stuck it like in her. could she get pregnant that way? she said she did have a period like a week later, but she still isnt sure and is like freaking out. please, to anyone who knows, help! shes only 15 and she really needs to know if there is a real possibility she is pregnant.
LunacyFringe
Killjoy
LunacyFringe
June 25th, 2009 at 04:34pm
^^ I've been in a somewhat similar situation, and it really is terryfying. The chances that your friend is pregnant are small, but they arent impossible. Its always better to be safe then sorry, so she should take a pregnancy test to make sure. And if its negative it would really just help her put her mind at ease.

I wish your friend good luck =]
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
June 25th, 2009 at 05:18pm
heat signature.:
ok i have a serious question for anyone who would know. just to clear it up, this is not me i am talking about, but she is a best friend of mine who i will not mention a name, because some of you know who she is. she is worried that she may be pregnant and wants to know if this could happen:
her and her boyfriend did some stuff at a party. they did not have sex. she has never had sex. but she is worried that he may have had some stuff on his finger, which he then stuck it like in her. could she get pregnant that way? she said she did have a period like a week later, but she still isnt sure and is like freaking out. please, to anyone who knows, help! shes only 15 and she really needs to know if there is a real possibility she is pregnant.

You should ask this in the personal questions forum. This thread is for discussion only.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 26th, 2009 at 09:46am
heat signature.:
she has never had sex. but she is worried that he may have had some stuff on his finger, which he then stuck it like in her.
Sperm don't live very long once outside the body, and they have to swim their way to the egg, so I think your friend is safe.
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
July 10th, 2009 at 08:08pm
I dont like teen pregnancy tbh.
I live in england and its really common here.
Alot of them moan about it,saying its not thier fault
And i wont deny it,its the boys fault too
But alot of them dont even use protection!

I know two girls,who only had kids so they could abuse the benefits system and get council flats.
They think itll all come easy,truth is,most of them proberly end up giving thier kids up.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
July 23rd, 2009 at 01:59pm
i have a friend who i just had to buy a pregnancy test for because shes on antibiotics that causes her birth control to not work, and she had sex with her boyfriend with this information at hand, and didnt use a condom! i kept telling her that it was too early to take the test but she was freaking out so i got it for her anyways. the test came up negative but like i said a week is too soon to tell and i didnt want to blow up on her but i just wanted to smack her across the room. use a condom, i dont care if its not as pleasureable, use one or dont have sex. damn,
chainsawdoll
Killjoy
chainsawdoll
August 2nd, 2009 at 09:10pm
Midnight:
*EvaAdore*:
i dont think they should give up their babies to adoption thats just taking the easy way out, its their responsibility their "mistake" so they should take responsibility and take care of that baby and if they do give it up for adoption they will always consider that option eveytime they get pregnant

thats true BUT you have to think for the sake of the child, imagine how that kid would grow up being raised by none other than a kid. The child would be severly neglected and most likely being taken away to adoption anyways.

Firstly, to comment on what EvaAdore said, adoption is not the "easy way out" of pregnancy. It may be, for a girl who goes out sleeping around and doesn't care about protection or diseases or getting pregnant in the first place, but for anyone who simply took their birth control improperly or had a condom split or some other mishap, it's not an easy decision. It's not something you can just do lightheartedly on a whim. There're people you have to talk to and explain yourself to, procedure to be followed. Add to that the fact that you have to then carry that baby and feel it grow, go through childbirth, just to then hand over that baby you can't have helped bond with all that time, over to a stranger, and surely you can see that is not an easy way out? Likewise, if they've done it once, I'd lay money on them being a lot more careful in future not to let it happen until they really wanted it to, not use adoption as an option every other time too.

With regards to what Midnight said, a baby born to a teenager is not automatically bound to end up neglected. I'm actually sickened by that statement. I know a woman who looks after her granddaughter - or she used to, the poor girl's now been taken into care - she's raised her own child fine, but totally neglected her granddaughter, and I would assume you would think someone of 52 would be able to look after a child. It does go both ways, but to just generalize like that against teenagers is horribly insulting.

I don't think anyone under 16 should have a baby, or even be having sex, it's the legal age of consent here and I'll agree that once you leave school you should be able to have sex and/or kids if you want to and feel you can take care of them. Maturity and capability to look after a kid have nothing to with age (I'm talking above age of consent here, not to be confusing). It's your environment and home life that shape your maturity to an extent, not always necessarily your age, experience through age does not always equal maturity and I know for a fact that teenagers CAN be wonderful, and sometimes better parents than older ones. I know first-time 30yr old parents who were scared shitless about whether they could bring up a kid, it's scary for anyone of any age, but it's how you deal with it that counts.

Not all teenage parents sit at home collecting benefits. A lot know that they need a good life for their baby and go to college or get crappy jobs so that they can bring a wage home and show their kid one day that they can be independant of the state and be responsible, give them an example of how to set things right. Some obviously do want to just take taxpayers money, but those are the ones that see no value in working or making a better life for themselves or the baby, and in those cases I don't think we should be putting them down, they should be given help because someone along the way has obviously failed them in setting an example or two, and that's just a cycle that will continue on and on if not put right.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
August 6th, 2009 at 11:13pm
i think teen pregnancy is pretty irresponsible. like someone else here said,at 16 you don't need to be raising a child,you need to be focusing on school,and college (if that's what you're planning on),and a job. and really,condoms aren't that expensive,go pick up a box.
hunteri heroici.
Always Born a Crime
hunteri heroici.
August 8th, 2009 at 08:10am
Teen pregnancy is something stupid, in my own opinion.
And, trust me, I've been there.
Use condoms.
The teenage years are the sweetest years in anyone's life.
You don't want them totally ruined because of your irresponsibility.
And if you decide to keep the baby, no matter how much you love your kid, you're always going to regret losing your teenage years, deep inside.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 8th, 2009 at 08:40pm
^On the flip side, some people's lives aren't ruined if they become a pregnant teenager. Some are able to just get on with their lives and raise the baby they decided to keep...

I know a girl who got knocked up at 16 - she dropped out of school to raise the baby, but now she's studying at university several years later.

It will be hard no matter what, but having a child in your teenage years does not have to equal a ruined life.
hunteri heroici.
Always Born a Crime
hunteri heroici.
August 9th, 2009 at 07:09am
Mindfuck:
^On the flip side, some people's lives aren't ruined if they become a pregnant teenager. Some are able to just get on with their lives and raise the baby they decided to keep...

I know a girl who got knocked up at 16 - she dropped out of school to raise the baby, but now she's studying at university several years later.

It will be hard no matter what, but having a child in your teenage years does not have to equal a ruined life.
I know.
I just said my opinion that's based on my own personal experience.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 9th, 2009 at 07:10pm
[font=4][size=75]
And if you decide to keep the baby, no matter how much you love your kid, you're always going to regret losing your teenage years, deep inside.

Thats not really fair. Raising a baby and creating a life can be deeply rewarding no matter what the age of the parent(s).

I also hate the common misconception that a child born to teen parents wont grow up as happy and successful as others. Providing the parents have a solid support system theres no reason a child born to teen parents is going to be any less privileged.
[/font][/size]
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 9th, 2009 at 10:20pm
Mindfuck:
having a child in your teenage years does not have to equal a ruined life.

John St. John:
Raising a baby and creating a life can be deeply rewarding no matter what the age of the parent(s).

With all due respect, you guys aren't really helping.

A teenager does not have either the education nor the job experience to adequately provide for the child on their own, and if they don't have support from their families, they will be forced to use the system, which is less than ideal as it is emotionally cold and barely meets the bones minimum to survive. The teenager frequently winds up having to take on several jobs, keeping them away from their children for longer. The teenager also doesn't have the life experience to make the transition to caregiver smoother - they are still children themselves, they don't have the tools going in. Can they learn? Sure. Is it ideal? Hardly.
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 13th, 2009 at 12:33pm
^Deb, I don't really understand. What aren't they helping? They're posting their opinion, you're posting yours. Nobody has the right to say the other person's opinion is wrong, in this case.