Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
Sexy Mama
Banned
Sexy Mama
October 23rd, 2009 at 12:07pm
you should not talk bout it being wrong.. i have a two month old and im 15.. i love her to death and im a good mom
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
October 23rd, 2009 at 07:20pm
It's not that its wrong, but its hardly ideal that teenage pregnancy happens. Most teens arnt financially stable and biologically developed to handle a child.
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 24th, 2009 at 12:59pm
sexibitch:
you should not talk bout it being wrong.. i have a two month old and im 15.. i love her to death and im a good mom

I'm not sure if you understand the meaning of the discussion board. It's for serious discussions, and posts should contribute to the subject, not just make a statement. Please read the discussion board rules.
Sexy Mama
Banned
Sexy Mama
January 20th, 2010 at 11:21am
merlin.:
Miss Murder:
Your age doesnt dictate your parenting abilities. I dont approve of teen couples trying to have a child, but if it happens accidently, and they want to keep the child and care for it, whats wrong with that?

Well yes. Otherwise, we'd have a ton MORE of unwanted children.

My school has a daycare for students with children. And there are a LOT of them.
nobody has the right to judge. its their choice as long as they take the responsibility. but no i dont see it as wrong. but nobody should judge someone we all kno nobodys perfect including all of you. your not perfect either or even close
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
January 20th, 2010 at 12:15pm
I dont think its wrong,biologically it would proberly not be good for your body.
but theres alot of mums out there who want children at a young age and are good parents.
But then theres also a lot of mums who get pregnant by accident and dont care for thier child.

I agree with the girl above,its thier choice and its thier responsibility.
If anything,adoptions always an option :/
Miracles.
Joining The Black Parade
Miracles.
January 21st, 2010 at 05:45am
If the parents feel that they can handle the responsibility of a child, and want to, then good for them.
My brother (accidentally) became a father when he was sixteen, but he was responsible. He didn't skip out on his girlfriend, he left his final year of school and got a good, stable job to support them.
Teenagers aren't as stupid as everyone seems to make them out to be.
Even if they use a condom, there is the possibility of them breaking.

I don't think saying things like "It's their fault for having sex, let them deal with it!" is very fair. It's not right for a child to come into this world as a punishment, that would just lead to more complex problems later on.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
January 21st, 2010 at 07:35am
sexy mama:
nobody has the right to judge. its their choice as long as they take the responsibility. but no i dont see it as wrong. but nobody should judge someone we all kno nobodys perfect including all of you. your not perfect either or even close
I've seen this approach from you and many other people recently. This part of the board is called 'discussion' for that very reason; people are going to be talking about issues. You may not agree with certain people's opinions but they still have them and they're free to express them, whether or not they match yours. If you're sensitive to the views of others, perhaps you'd be better suited in other parts of ino.

Back on the topic, it's common to see teenagers all the time discussing having a baby and how much they'd like one. However, the reality, is a lot different to the 'perfect' picture they have in their heads. In my opinion, this is incredibly naive of them and I can not imagine how they plan to support their child.

I wonder Hailey, I believe that is your name, how do you pay to look after your two month old?
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
January 21st, 2010 at 11:05am
sexy mama:
your not perfect either or even close

Um, goodness. I always thought I was, and so I figured I could say whatever I wanted. :/

Anyway, no. You don't have to be perfect to have an opinion, thanks very much. So why don't you reserve passing judgment on my opinion until you, too, are perfect? or we can just abandon that faulty logic and get back to a real discussion.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
January 21st, 2010 at 09:13pm
my_rejected_romance:
I dont think its wrong,biologically it would proberly not be good for your body.
Well, I actually think it's better for one - biologically - to have a child younger rather than older. A teenage girl of about 16 or 17 is theoretically quite able to have a child biologically. It's only when you go "too far" either way - too young, like around 12, 13 or older, like around 45+ age - that you'd probably encounter problems.

That's one of the reason for why I don't wholly disagree with teenagers having babies, at least older teenagers. Because biologically they're quite capable. It's just unfortunate that a lot of people look down on teenage parents and think they'd be horrible parents.
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
January 21st, 2010 at 10:53pm
My best friend recently had a baby actually,shes about four months old now shes gorgeous Smile
But she was only 16 when she got pregnant,but shes an amazing mum.
People kept saying to me oh,shes a whore,shes gonig to be a bad mum,etc.
But thier completely wrong.

Shes with the babys dad,they have thier own house,both have jobs and their doing really well taking well of the baby.

Just because your young it doesnt mean your not mature,shes proved it to me.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 21st, 2010 at 11:13pm
It all depends on maturity and mindset. A girl who constantly parties, has no job and slacks will have a very low chance on doing their best unless they change their habits. Girls who are set on their life and know what they want and get jobs and go to school will have more chances of succeeding. There are exceptions, obviously. I'm not saying that they can't have lives after a baby is born, but they need to realize that once they're pregnant, their lives won't be revolving around just friends and what's going on Friday night. Unfortunately some girls don't understand this and end up having some bad choices in parenting. I still don't think 13 year olds should end up pregnant, not before 16 at least. It's hard to put an age on it, but a 17 year old knows a bit more than a 14 year old an may tend to make more responsible decisions. Like I said, exceptions are given, but not many young girls make the best parenting decisions.

Mindfuck is right, biologically teens are able to have kids, but Id like to also add that the maturity levels for these types of things is far too low, despite biological maturity. I'm not trying to judge or anything, and I've probably talked about something similar like this in here before, but if people aren't mature before/after, there will be severe consequences for both child and parent.

Edit:/ and sorry for any typos, not on my computer
Sexy Mama
Banned
Sexy Mama
January 22nd, 2010 at 09:50am
im able to do it. its all bout maturity and responsibility. if you can't handle little kids then no way are you ready. if your not with a guy u truley love or are having problems with them then it would be a bad mistake
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
January 22nd, 2010 at 07:41pm
sexy mama:
if your not with a guy u truley love or are having problems with them then it would be a bad mistake
That's not really true - I knew a girl in high school who had a child when she was 16, and before she even gave birth the father was long gone. She managed, and in fact, she doesn't regret it one bit. I think it has to do with how much support you have. A single mother is quite capable of raising a baby.

Also, you don't need to find "true love" with your partner to be a good parenting team. It depends on how well you take to your role as a parent. You could be completely in love with your partner, but that doesn't mean you're going to be a responsible parent.
demon dean
Always Born a Crime
demon dean
January 23rd, 2010 at 12:14pm
i find teen pregnancy to be irresponsible. if you're responsible enough to have sex in the firstplace, you should be responsible enough to take care of your self so things like that don't happen.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
January 23rd, 2010 at 06:42pm
cannibal girl.:
i find teen pregnancy to be irresponsible. if you're responsible enough to have sex in the firstplace, you should be responsible enough to take care of your self so things like that don't happen.
I think the whole "teen pregnancy = irresponsibility" can largely be a myth - because it isn't just teenagers who can be irresponsible parents, plus not all of them are irresponsible. I think that label can actually be quite damaging, and I feel a lot of people are too quick to condemn teenage parents just because they're teenagers.

They certainly aren't the only age group who has unexpected pregnancies.

What I find irresponsible is unsafe sex - if a teenager has unsafe sex and then becomes pregnant, I can see how that is irresponsible, to a degree. But I don't like the generalisation of "teenage pregnancy is irresponsible".
demon dean
Always Born a Crime
demon dean
January 23rd, 2010 at 06:53pm
i was directing my response to the people who are irresponsible, and don't take the time to get protection. certainly, condoms break and pills fail. not every one who has sex young is irresponsible. but having sex comes with responsibility, and that means the responsibility to be safe.
Jenny.
Jenny.
January 23rd, 2010 at 07:04pm
What about teenagers who want to have children?
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
January 24th, 2010 at 07:05am
the medusa cascade.:
What about teenagers who want to have children?
In my opinion, I don't think there's anything wrong with them wanting to have children as such - it's more about their attitude towards that want, and I think it also depends on age. I rarely like telling people what to do with their own bodies, but a moral part of me doesn't like the idea of 13 year olds having children, mainly because I still see 13 year old (and indeed 14 year olds and 15 year olds) as being children themselves.

But I don't usually care about older teenagers wanting to have children. I mean 16+. Some might say 16 is too young, but at that age they're allowed to make decisions for themselves regarding education (over here that's when they're allowed to drop out), and it's also the consenting age for sex where I am. I tend to think of 16 and 17 year olds as young adults rather than children, so that's why I don't have a problem with older teenage parents.
derek.jpg
Killjoy
derek.jpg
January 25th, 2010 at 04:51am
alright so I read the first few responses to this topic and saw things like "their fault for having sex" etc.
Teenage years at the time where sex gets interesting and said teens get curious about it, theres nothing wrong per say with having sex at this age but I would think that the majority of teens getting pregnant too young is because they didn't get the right education they should have had from their parents or guardians.
Parents need to be more alert of this to start early enough yet not too early and not ban sex because that won't work at all so instead just accept defeat and focus on educating them on safe sex when they do start.

But there are a lot of complications of course, f.e. the condom breaking or something like that but if this topic is strictly on teenagers who WANT and PLAN the pregnancy then theres obviously something those kids don't get but there isn't much we can really do but share our opinion of it but we can't say much unless we know the real reason behind it.

I'm not against nor with teen pregnancy, personally I don't want to knock someone up at this age but that doesn't stop me from having sex, as long as I'm aware of the risks that I am taking and make sure that I take my time before to make sure that everything is done correctly and 'safe'
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
January 25th, 2010 at 06:49pm
^^^ The above sig :')

Theres alot of things you have to consider with pregnancy,the most important being your responsibility,but also how the childs going to be brought up,if you have to money to support them,bla bla bla.
its not wrong,its just how much devotion you have

You cant be a teenage mum and get drunk everynight for exampla.