Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
Sexy Mama
Banned
Sexy Mama
April 27th, 2010 at 12:52pm
that so does not go here! teen pregnancy is on the rise but it is not anyone elses choice
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
April 27th, 2010 at 09:58pm
Sexy Mama:
that so does not go here! teen pregnancy is on the rise but it is not anyone elses choice
If you're talking about the schooling aspect, it so does belong in here. They were discussing life of a pregnant teenager and their education choices.

Maybe teen pregnancy would NOT be on the rise if people would take more responsibility in their actions. You cannot tell me every teenager who ends up pregnant made the choice to get pregnant. It's highly untrue and rediculous to say. A lot of teen pregnancies are accidental. Not calling the kids mistakes or whatever, but if you go up and ask a teen with a kid: "did you purposely get pregnant?" they're gonna say no a good majority of the time.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
April 27th, 2010 at 10:23pm
Sexy Mama:

I am very much growing tired of you coming into threads related to teen pregnancy and marriage and pretty much doing nothing but trolling. Contribute something valuable or get out, the end, or be banned.
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
April 29th, 2010 at 01:18am
teen pregnancy is on the rise, but it's because more and more teens are starting to have sex at such a young age.
no matter how early they start teaching those sex ed classes, it isn't working.
some people may think that they did it on purpose, when in fact it's just the opposite.
i know quite a few teenagers who already have children or who had children at a young age.
they all tell me the same thing, that they weren't responsible and that they didn't want to get pregnant.
one of those people who had a baby at a young age is my little sister, i was the first person she confided in and she told me she only had sex once.
even though that happened, she hasn't let it bring her down once.
for some people it's a bad thing and for others, it's a wake up call.
Hailey Cetola
Killjoy
Hailey Cetola
May 3rd, 2010 at 01:28pm
its only a wake up call if your not ready but sex is a part of maturing
ChildVision
Really Not Okay
ChildVision
August 14th, 2010 at 05:29pm
Hailey Cetola:
its only a wake up call if your not ready but sex is a part of maturing
Not to chide, but your as your age, it says 16, and yet your signature is "i love my babies".
Sex is a part of maturing only if your mature enough already to use protection
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 18th, 2010 at 12:52am
I think that if the teenager is mature enough and able to keep the child, then they should if they want to. But a lot of teens today are not mature (or at least the ones I know. Not trying to say all aren't.) so usually that is why it's not a good thing. For one thing, I've seen a teenage couple get pregnant and the guy turn out to be a total jerk and abandon her. It was compaired to another teenage couple where they ended up breaking up but the girl turned out to support herself well and was a very good mother. So I think that it really depends on the couple, too. But mainly I think kids should just be more careful about having sex. I'm not against teens having sex, but if they have it they should at least be responsable of the consiquences.
hunteri heroici.
Always Born a Crime
hunteri heroici.
August 25th, 2010 at 11:05am
I don't believe that teenagers nowadays are capable and mature enough to raise a child . Nor are they financially independant .
& just to avoid accusations of me generalizing, I don't believe that every teenager is like that .
I am against teenage pregnancies, maybe because I have been there and realized that I was too oung to be a mother, maybe because that's the way I was raised .
The teenage years & those that follow those, are the most precious years of our lives .
By bringing a baby in the world, not only will you lose those precious years, but you're also going to miss them later . Again, not saying that you'll regret keeping the baby, because a baby is a precious gift .
But I really do believe that teenagers should wait until they've finished their studies to have a baby, due to financial independancy and due to the fact that after their studies, they'll have more experience in life . Therefore, they'll be capable of raising the kid better than they would if they had it at their teen years .
It really depends on the couple/person, too, though, so, no generalizing here .
In fact, after reading this all, I think I am talking about myself . oO
poetic tragedy.
Awake and Unafraid
poetic tragedy.
August 26th, 2010 at 01:31pm
but i agree with you on the point that you believe that teenagers should wait to get babies until they have finished their school studies or whatever.

because in my opinion; the kid do not get a good childhood if the mother doesn't have a job and the is, for instance, just a guy who fools around. i don't say every guy is like this but what i've heard in most cases this is what happens. teenagers have sex, the girl gets pregnant and the boy leaves because he is not ready to be a father.
dead_famous
Killjoy
dead_famous
October 28th, 2010 at 06:30pm
i myself was a teen mum. me and my partner have been together for 8 years now. although i have stood up to my responsabilities i have seen people who have not. i do understand why people think it is stupid and i do feel sad when i see young people throw there lifes away. i just hope they learn something from it and bring their children up right.
it's all happening
Salute You in Your Grave
it's all happening
October 28th, 2010 at 11:57pm
teenage pregnancy is on the rise these days, and a big part of it is due to public school districts in stupid states like my own choosing to teach abstinence rather than safe sex. they basically tell kids that "sex is bad. you'll get std's. don't do it," without teaching safe sex practices or even promoting condom usage.

i think this is so ignorant of them. obviously, kids these days are HAVING SEX. there's nothing anyone can do to change that, and by choosing to ignore those who are sexually active, they are creating a whole new generation of kids who don't know safe sex practices.
iluvmybfclay
Banned
iluvmybfclay
January 1st, 2011 at 10:16pm
ok well nless dare waz rape or da girl haz been dating da boy for a while, i tink teen pregnency is a slutty ting.

just my opinyun, sorry if i ofendned any1.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
January 1st, 2011 at 11:24pm
iluvmybfclay:
ok well nless dare waz rape or da girl haz been dating da boy for a while, i tink teen pregnency is a slutty ting.

just my opinyun, sorry if i ofendned any1.

Discussion Forum Rules:
12. No Chat Speak! Use proper grammar please!

What's so slutty about two mature teenagers deciding to have a baby? Calling them 'slutty' implies that the person is sexually promiscuous, or sleeping with a bunch of different guys, which is usually not the case. I think calling teenagers who are pregnant 'slutty' is extremely offensive to be quite honest.
Helenashouseofwolves
Joining The Black Parade
Helenashouseofwolves
January 2nd, 2011 at 09:50pm
I don't typically like the idea of teenage pregnancy, but some people seemed to have made it work. I do think the teen pregnancy rate would go down quite a bit if parents (I'm not trying to do sweeping generalizations here, I know plenty of parents who aren't like this, including mine) would stop with the whole 'If you have sex, you'll get pregnant and die' attitude. If parents and schools would better educate their kids about safe sex, then mayhaps teenagers would make the choice to be safer about it when the time came.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
January 4th, 2011 at 01:06am
Lovesick Melody.:

What's so slutty about two mature teenagers deciding to have a baby? Calling them 'slutty' implies that the person is sexually promiscuous, or sleeping with a bunch of different guys, which is usually not the case. I think calling teenagers who are pregnant 'slutty' is extremely offensive to be quite honest.
While I take umbrage with the original comment ( "teen pregnancy is slutty" ), one can't pretend that all teenage parents are responsible and mature, or that they've chosen to become pregnant.

Teen pregnancy is not slutty, but it also not necessarily responsible or mature. It goes both ways. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some teen pregnancies came about because of promiscuousness (although that doesn't mean I think teen mothers are slutty).
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
January 4th, 2011 at 04:24am
Mindfuck:
While I take umbrage with the original comment ( "teen pregnancy is slutty" ), one can't pretend that all teenage parents are responsible and mature, or that they've chosen to become pregnant.

Teen pregnancy is not slutty, but it also not necessarily responsible or mature. It goes both ways. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some teen pregnancies came about because of promiscuousness (although that doesn't mean I think teen mothers are slutty).

Granted, teenagers aren't exactely the ideal or mature parents. However, not being responsible or mature is not synonymous with being 'slutty'.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
January 5th, 2011 at 12:17am
Lovesick Melody.:

However, not being responsible or mature is not synonymous with being 'slutty'.
I never said it was and I don't think that it is.

It just rubbed me the wrong way that on the one hand someone else was touting teen parents as promiscuous and slutty, and on the other hand you were touting them as mature and responsible, when there are a lot of teen parents who do not fit into either box.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
January 5th, 2011 at 05:20am
Mindfuck:
I never said it was and I don't think that it is.

It just rubbed me the wrong way that on the one hand someone else was touting teen parents as promiscuous and slutty, and on the other hand you were touting them as mature and responsible, when there are a lot of teen parents who do not fit into either box.

I too didn't say that all teenagers are mature and responsible. I'm simply pointing out that not all teenagers are 'slutty' and that not all teenage mothers should have to put up with that prejudice right off the bat.

death wish.
Jazz Hands
death wish.
January 16th, 2011 at 05:32am
i don't think teenage parents should have to deal with that prejudice at all.
it's like asking an african american to deal with the fact that he's being followed by a mall cop,
when he isn't even planning on shoplifting.

i think they should be aware of ignorant people who put them in the category of being a 'slut',
but they don't need to put up with it. we were all born with a voice, and we all have a story.
these kids need to say something, defend themselves.
not just sit there and deal with it.

also, do you guys think that the mtv show '16 and pregnant' is making teen pregnancy seem 'cool' ?
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
January 16th, 2011 at 06:21am
danger days.:
also, do you guys think that the mtv show '16 and pregnant' is making teen pregnancy seem 'cool' ?
Honestly, not in the slightest. It makes pregnancy seem realistically difficult and shows the teenagers struggling to cope with school and having a child. However, it does make it seem that all teenagers who get pregnant are 'stupid' and 'immature' although, obviously, that is not always the case. Mainly this is due to the nature of the teenagers who choose to go on the programme though rather than MTV itself.