Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 2nd, 2006 at 10:31pm
I understand why teen girls would want a baby, but cant it wait? Like on Maury, how they have the episodes with the "crazy teens" that are desperate to have a baby, alot of them have loving mothers (I have yet to see a dad come out on Maury like that), and they feel unloved. How? Maybe its your own fault you feel unloved, parents are willing most of the time to love you. But seriously, I think it should wait until you have a more stable life.
alex disappeared
Shotgun Sinner
alex disappeared
June 2nd, 2006 at 10:43pm
I'm not for teen pregnancy at all.
It's their decision, but think about the concequences.
You'd have to deal with everyone (people at school, work, etc.,) calling you cruel things, your parents & the trouble you could get into with them.
I don't think it's worth it.
juggalette4204lyfe
Joining The Black Parade
juggalette4204lyfe
June 3rd, 2006 at 02:09am
retardsrule:
Well, that's all well and good for them.

But they typically don't know how to parent.

TYPICALLY. Don't go nuts, kids, telling me that I'm generalizing or something. Out of all the teen mothers I've seen (and that's a huge number, trust me) about 80% of them are bad mothers. They hit, they scream, they let their babies sleep in bed with them, they feed them junk food all the time, they're always out partying, they're splitting up with the fathers, etc. etc. etc. Just bad behavior.

And who pays for that?

And your right, most teenagers are bad mothers. I've seen quite a few of them myself. Which is why they still have the aption to give them up for adoption so that a family whose ready for a child can take in that child and give it the love it needs. As for who pays for that, it's usually the parents because the father runs away and the teen has to quit her job to stay with the baby.
reinvent love.
Bulletproof Heart
reinvent love.
June 4th, 2006 at 12:34pm
~*~Bella~*~:

1) How do you know that? everybody is different.
2) No, it does not usually end up in a "shotgun wedding". In Australia, a teenager cannot get married under the age of 18 without the courts permission, and they only grant that permission in 'Exeptional Circumstances'. Pregnancy is not considered to be an exeptional circumstance.
3) Teenagers can still go to school after they have a baby. There are 2 sets of parents in my year, and they still come to school as normal. There are also other ways of getting an education, like doing distance education or school by correspondance, or home schooling.
Also, the parents that I know still do have a life. They come out shopping, or to the movies or whatever with the rest of us, and they bring their babies. We love the babies, so it isn't like they feel that they cant hang around with us anymore.
4) That is ridiculous. Most of my friends have had jobs for the past 2 or 3 years.

1. That's why I stated "I think.." because it's my opinion.
2. It's different in other countries. Here in the U.S, 14 is the legal age to be married, [I think so, anyway].
3. Some teenagers son't always have their parents support.
4. Agreed on this one...but some of my friends can't keep their job for more than a month.
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
July 15th, 2006 at 07:47pm
I see a lot of people saying "well its their fault for having sex"....
But... what if its not? I have a friend who had one of her "friends" force her to.... she got pregnant, but the baby died before childbirth.... so.. what about those situations? You cant blame the girl for what happened...
Lyn-Z
Killjoy
Lyn-Z
July 15th, 2006 at 09:27pm
I respect teenage mothers ,many of my friends are parents and they are great parents and take very good care of their kids ,yes it's wrong but it happens. I'm not going to hate anyone just because they made a mistake and had a kid , I try to support them as much as possible.
Amy;;
Salute You in Your Grave
Amy;;
July 15th, 2006 at 09:35pm
Dear Sami,:
I don't like teen pregnancy.
Idiots, they're idiots for getting pregnant!
And than some go and try to get abortions, it's their fault for having sex!

Idiots for getting pregnant?
Their fault for having sex?
What if they used a condom and it broke?
Is it still their fault then?

And what if an abortion is against what they believe in?
I know someone who was on the pill, and also used a condom (it broke) and she still got pregnant at 17) and she is the best mother I know.
reckless decadence.
Salute You in Your Grave
reckless decadence.
July 16th, 2006 at 07:15pm
Once I read an article about a girl who got pregnant at 15 and gave her baby up for adoption. She didn't believe in abortion and she knew that she wanted to finish school and at least try to go to college. Her and her boyfriend got to pick who the parents would be, and apparently they picked a nice couple who looked sort of like them, and that was nice.

But then again, the girl said that they never thought about using protection, they never thought anything could happen to them.

Yeah. Right.
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
July 18th, 2006 at 12:04pm
Wow. I don't like Teenage pregnancy. It seems sad. Although, some teens actually want to have the child. Personally, I don't know anyone who has gotten pregnant in their teen years.
I, myself, am going to wait until I can make sure I can provide the best for my child.
Plus, I don't plan to get married anytime soon.
Confused
Toro_Sex
Joining The Black Parade
Toro_Sex
July 18th, 2006 at 01:51pm
If school taught safe sex I bet this would never happen as often as this does. Just telling kids, "Don't do it." Makes them want to do it even more. If school programs taught how to use condoms and express the importants of birth control, I think we would see a sudden decrease in teen's getting preggers.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
July 19th, 2006 at 02:55am
Schools here do teach safe sex. Teenage pregnancy still happens.

I don't see why people think it is such a big problem, a lot of teenagers actually do want children, & can provide for them.
A friend of mine has a baby, & she is an awesome mother, age doesn't stop people from being good parents. Her and her boyfriend actually planned to have a baby as well.
My sister is 16, & she is pregnant. She also wants to have the baby, because she wants to be a mother, & she knows that her & her boyfriend will be able to provide for the baby once it is born.
Eddie Vedder
Motor Baby
Eddie Vedder
July 23rd, 2006 at 05:17pm
My sister had a baby when she was 16, she is 20 now, and is married to the father of BOTH of her babies, 2 months ago she had a baby boy, and her and her husband are very happy, im not for the idea of teens purposly getting pregnant, but if it is an accident you really couldn't do much.
I'm totally against abortions too.
Toro_Sex
Joining The Black Parade
Toro_Sex
July 23rd, 2006 at 06:36pm
Behind My Crimson Eyes:
Schools here do teach safe sex. Teenage pregnancy still happens.

I don't see why people think it is such a big problem, a lot of teenagers actually do want children, & can provide for them.
A friend of mine has a baby, & she is an awesome mother, age doesn't stop people from being good parents. Her and her boyfriend actually planned to have a baby as well.
My sister is 16, & she is pregnant. She also wants to have the baby, because she wants to be a mother, & she knows that her & her boyfriend will be able to provide for the baby once it is born.

I'm not saying it would completely wipe out teen pregnacy, but it would make teens more mindful. I read an artical once about a school that teaches not to have sex rather then how to have safe sex and a majoirty of the girls their are pregnate. I'm just saying it would teach more kids to be safe with their partners.
Hip -Like Badass-
Salute You in Your Grave
Hip -Like Badass-
July 23rd, 2006 at 10:33pm
Teen pregnancy scares the crap out of me. I'm sexually active (w. my bf) but i don't want to get pregnant. I think that those few girls that do get pregnant and keep it are strong beyond almost anything I can imagine. Sure, it isn't the easy way out, but it's what is right.

sorry, that was more about abortion, but it's also about teen pregnancy. they are very closely linked.
GODZILLA.
Salute You in Your Grave
GODZILLA.
July 24th, 2006 at 06:40am
This is a topic very close to my heart. 2 friends of mine, Nathan and Natalie, are dating. theyre been best friends sinse they were 6.
she's 4 months pregnant, living with him & his mum, and they couldnt be happier.

Shes going to be an amazing mum. I've had alot of input on the baby, and according to her, " you saved my life. you helped my make my desicion and youve been there sinse the beginning. you never passed judgement and you heloed break it you Nathan."

i Love this kid.

theyre going to be amazing.

<3 Nathan, Natalie and ickle Chaos.
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
July 24th, 2006 at 06:55am
i'm sorta half hearted on teen pregnancy. at the end of the day its the girls choice to hav the baby or not.
The_Impossible_Girl
Killjoy
The_Impossible_Girl
July 29th, 2006 at 06:12am
well... yes i do agree that teen pregnancy is sort of wrong it is also a touchy topic. its really about personal choice and if that person considers them self ready and able to look after another child.
i personally couldnt do it.
i can barely look after myself; let alone a small totally dependent baby. i would feel so mean for bringing it into ta world where i know it would grow up in hardship and shit just because i wasnt ready and was too dumb to use protection.
and just lately in Australia the new born allowance has gone up by $1,000 so as to make it $4,000.
we are being told to have "one for mum one for dad and one for the country"
its just wrong to imprint that kind of thing onto young minds. alot more teen girls are becominf pregnant to gain this money. one girl in my uni class for instance said hte happiest thing that happened to her this year was "getting pregnant after teh new born allowance went up, now i can have more money and less worries" what a stuffed up look of life if you ask me; just having a baby so your finances go up for a time but then plumit once the money is gone.

sorry that was a bit of a rant.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
August 8th, 2006 at 12:56pm
The_Impossible_Girl:
and just lately in Australia the new born allowance has gone up by $1,000 so as to make it $4,000.
we are being told to have "one for mum one for dad and one for the country"
its just wrong to imprint that kind of thing onto young minds. alot more teen girls are becominf pregnant to gain this money. one girl in my uni class for instance said hte happiest thing that happened to her this year was "getting pregnant after teh new born allowance went up, now i can have more money and less worries" what a stuffed up look of life if you ask me; just having a baby so your finances go up for a time but then plumit once the money is gone.

That's quite an awful government campaign, I can't believe they're doing that. Are they trying to increase the population? Having children just so you can get some money is an terrible reason. I would expect they'll soon have a problem with abandoned children; some women might get pregnant for the cash and dump the baby. If this is actually true, I'd be hellish angry at Mr Howard right now.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
August 10th, 2006 at 09:58pm
^yes unfortunately they have brought that in and they do encourage you to have babies. My friend got into that campaign and was trying to talk me into having a baby for the money and i couldnt believe that people were considering it just to get the money. my friend fell pregnant anyway, not because of the scheme and she has the most gorgeous baby girl, but she is 28 and i see how much hard work it is and i just think, you really have to be financially secure for this. I'm 23 and still feel too young for children. If i fall pregnant then yes ill keep the baby, but i wouldnt plan it yet. I do wonder how teens get along, i mean my teens feel so long ago and it seems like i was so young, i couldnt imagine having a child. My friend who has the baby, has always been well off but even with her boyf working full time, she has had to rely on the government for payments and now has had to go to work for 1 day a week just to get by. Its a lot harder and more expensive than everyone thinks and at the end of the day this is a human being that you are bringing into this world and they are totally reliant on you....a lot of teens have trouble with taking care of themselves let alone another demanding life.
tinkerhell
Killjoy
tinkerhell
August 20th, 2006 at 01:12am
you know what i think that if you want to have a baby at a young age then do it but if you dont want to have a baby in your teens well then you need to have protection but there is nothing wrong if you have a family that is willing to help n if your going to be a good proud parent then so be it.