Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
ilovegfmbr
Killjoy
ilovegfmbr
August 20th, 2006 at 01:24am
I am 32 years old, and I had my first daughter 9 days after turning 18, she and her 12 year old sister are the light in my life, and we are doing great. We have an incredible relationship... with the usual ups and downs between moms and daughters, but it has worked out for us. Incidently, their dad is my husband, and we have been together now for 16 years... half my life!! and we are still in love.
I am not saying that teen pregnancy is okay, but just that it doesn't have to be the end of the world.
The reason it worked out for us, is because we actually had a lengthy relationship before getting physical, and we were both virgins at the time, and to this day neither one of us has ever slept with anyone but eachother.

What needs to be done is STOP having random sex with random people, and think about your life, and what your future husband or wife is going to think about your past conquests. take the sex issue seriously , because once you've done it with someone you can't take it back. Exclamation Exclamation
Kurtni
Fabulous Killjoy
Kurtni
August 26th, 2006 at 10:57pm
Teenagers Make mistakes, the majority of teenagers don't get pregnant intentionally, but accidents happen. I have seen insults directed at teenagers who get pregnant, such as they are idiots. They made a mistake, it doesnt make them terrible people. I have alot of respect for teens who don't get abortions as well. It isn't an easy task going though being pregnant at such a young age. Especially being a parent, losing that whole young adult stage of your life so that you can take care of your kid. It's not an easy thing to handle, and telling them they are idiots and degrading them even more won't help.
Sweet.Sorrow
Motor Baby
Sweet.Sorrow
August 28th, 2006 at 06:56pm
It's kind of a selfish thing to keep the child because you aren't giving them a good living situation which might not let them live up to their full potential, but at the same time you have to take responsibility for your actions so I don't think abortions are a very good thing to do either. I would say adoption would be a good choice, but then again I know adopted kids who have problems mentally because they feel deserted by the one person that pretty much has to love them. It's just not a good situation any way you look at it.
Spring Nicht.
Bleeding on the Floor
Spring Nicht.
August 30th, 2006 at 09:35pm
My cousin's best friend had a son in his senior year or junior year of high school. He's a terrific father although the mother is a very hateable person and a bad mother. only 1 out of 2 kids in his relationship is his.

Even I don't know them, (Noah, not at all), I'm love you, Ben and Baby Noah! Best of luck!

(Besides, they dont go here)
justin pierre.
Awake and Unafraid
justin pierre.
September 2nd, 2006 at 10:01pm
Ophelia_Immortal713:
I think it depends on the individual.

My one cousin had a baby when she was 14 and she took responsiblity and realized the seriousness of her situation.
My other cousin is 17 and she is pregnant and thinks it's gonna be easy. She is very irresponsible and wants to have a cute little baby she can dress up like a doll, and I am really concerned what is going to happen after she has her baby.

Im concerned too. I dont care that I dont know you, Im concerned. I dont want an innocent kid to die or be put into an adoption agency and think they're unloved because a person wanted a baby for a year and decided "Oh, Im not ready. I dont want to be a mother!" and dump the poor kid in a situation NO ONE deserves to be in. Im agaist that kind of stuff.
If a person is immiture/a bad influence/ only wants the kid for a while, they dont deserve the baby. Baby's should only be had by someone who wants to have a baby and take care of the child til they're old enough to take care of themselves(EG: 16 maybe.), or they can handle a child. Not an immiture person who wants a living baby doll til they cant fit in baby clothes any more than they're an annoyence or something. EVERYONE was a child at one point, and no matter how pampered the mother was, or how inexperienced they are, if they dont know how to take care of a kid, they could get parenting classes, or be helped by their own parent/guardian.
Fear;;
Motor Baby
Fear;;
September 2nd, 2006 at 10:07pm
I'm not going to say they're idiots...but I'm going to say that it's a bad decision they made. But they chose something and will deal with the consequences. I've had a couple of friends end up pregnant, but they usually lose it. The thing is, they always seem so sad about losing it. it's true, it was THEIR baby, but it may have jsut saved THEIR lives.
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
September 3rd, 2006 at 02:06am
I think that you should wait to have sex until you're mature enough to make sure that you and your partner are ready for anything that may happen.

If not, safe sex is always the right way to go.

Until your not a teenager anymore, that is.
TheVictoriaParade;;
Salute You in Your Grave
TheVictoriaParade;;
September 3rd, 2006 at 05:39pm
Here's an idea: Birth control!
justin pierre.
Awake and Unafraid
justin pierre.
September 3rd, 2006 at 05:54pm
MissMurder;;:

No one said that yet, did they?
No, I dont think they did.
TheVictoriaParade;;
Salute You in Your Grave
TheVictoriaParade;;
September 3rd, 2006 at 06:09pm
Ryann's Revenge;:
MissMurder;;:

No one said that yet, did they?
No, I dont think they did.
Are you being sarcastic or serious?
Catharsis
Jazz Hands
Catharsis
September 20th, 2006 at 01:00am
i agree that it isn't necessarily your agr that dictates what type of parent you are going to be, afterall there are plenty of people who have children in there thirties and totally screw up there children.

Anyway i do think it is sad to see so many young people having children, i don't believe that they are ready for that kind of responsibility. teenagers should be running aroung, experiencing all those things you experience in your teenage years. it is a shame to see these people throwing away there lives because they made a mistake and got pregnant. Once you have a child you are severely restricting your movements, it makes it hard to travel, party, work or go to school.

I understand that many of the teens who have children didn't plan it this way but it annoys me even more to see them running around town while leaving there children with there mother and father. if you made the mistake of having a child you deal with it.

What disturbs me the most is the fact that some teenagers believe that the would have a child just for the baby bonus they get. which in australia is around $4000.00 how can anyone say that they would have a child just because you would get 4 grand, seriously that wouldn't last that long. what do they think they are going to do with it, go shopping.

however i do commend the you males who stick with a girl that they have knocked up.

if i fell pregnant know i would definantely be upset that i didn't get to experience more things.
Frozen
Jazz Hands
Frozen
September 27th, 2006 at 02:19pm
I am against teen pregnancy.

But i have had it... so as long as its safe sex then its ok.
hmmm
Motor Baby
hmmm
September 27th, 2006 at 08:37pm
my friend got his ex gf pregnant..............we're in 9th grade. i think it's pretty disgusting.....people should be more responsible. and the girl is even getting an abortion. they could at least start being responsible now. bleh. and his other ex thought she was pregnant. obviously they're not using protection. irresponisble. stupid...... idk if i even made a point......
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
September 27th, 2006 at 08:41pm
To those who are merely are just agreeing and quoting without expressing their perspective of the topic, please, stop. You're causing spam and straying from the point of the Discussion Board. To discuss.

Thanks.

-Breanna
johnny walker eyes.
Demolition Lover
johnny walker eyes.
September 28th, 2006 at 05:51am

Having a child when you are a teenager... it can go well yet it may go horribly wrong.
You can have the child, be happy with it etc etc yet you can also have the baby, drop out of school etc etc.
It depends on your maturity.
Thats all it comes down to.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
September 28th, 2006 at 06:33am
At the end of the day, if you engage in sex, you need to be aware of the consequences. If you have unsafe sex, then you need to consider the responsibilities of becoming a parent, no matter what age. As a teenager, there's a lot more pressure usually. So there's a lot more consideration that needs to be taken, before you have sex.

There are responsible teenage mothers/fathers out there. Unfortunately, a lot of the time, the media exposes those that aren't.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
September 28th, 2006 at 08:32am
I think alot of it has to do with the fact that sex is a very taboo subject amoung parents and teachers. I think if we were more open about it, and showed more people having RESPONSIBLE sex, then we would have a decline with this problem.

It's like my mom said, she said she that if we (meaning me or my little sister) to come to her first and tell her. She said she wouldn't try to stop us, but she would take us to the doctors to get birth control. Now you are probably saying, "Yeah right, she'd smack you!" When my older sister was about 17, she went to my mom and explained to her she was really in love with her boyfriend, and wanted to take it to the next level- my mom didn't stop her, and got her the birth control. However my mom did cry in her room for about two hours...but that's another story...

I think if people treated sex like that, having an open and honest relatioship with their children about it, then their children can get the proper protection before going into a sexaul relationship with someone.
Shayna;Vengeance
Salute You in Your Grave
Shayna;Vengeance
October 1st, 2006 at 12:44am
It screws up your life I mean you can't do much in it so I say stay a virgin till I dunno...you have the money emotional stablity and the right age
NeverxLetxGo
Killjoy
NeverxLetxGo
October 1st, 2006 at 12:13pm
I have a sister she's 20 with two kids and still lives in the same house as me. I do think that teens need to stop having so much unprotected sex but what can we do about it besides right now things may be a little tight in the finanical areas but everything that we've gone through with these kids is going to be worth it in the end but that doesn't mean I wish that my sister would have given up these kids for adoption. I think that if she would have waited things would have been much easier around here and she could have finished highschool if she wanted to.

But I have two beautiful neices and I'm glad for them I do think that if it's right for you, you should put them up for adoption but if you do you better be ready for confrontation when your older by the same kid you gave up.
notxaxhero
Killjoy
notxaxhero
October 1st, 2006 at 12:45pm
I dont really care what people do. If they get pregnant when they are only teenagers then thats their fault. Im just not one who wants to have a child at the age of 14. It would pretty much waste my life away. At a young age you shouldn't worry about things such as having kids, you should thing about having fun, because your teenage years should be the best times of your life. And it would suck to have those times go to waste because you got stupid and ended up pregnant. But again I dont really care what people do, its their lives, they can throw them away if they want to.