Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
Spring Nicht.
Bleeding on the Floor
Spring Nicht.
October 1st, 2006 at 04:38pm
make manda scene;:
~*~Bella~*~:

1) How do you know that? everybody is different.
2) No, it does not usually end up in a "shotgun wedding". In Australia, a teenager cannot get married under the age of 18 without the courts permission, and they only grant that permission in 'Exeptional Circumstances'. Pregnancy is not considered to be an exeptional circumstance.
3) Teenagers can still go to school after they have a baby. There are 2 sets of parents in my year, and they still come to school as normal. There are also other ways of getting an education, like doing distance education or school by correspondance, or home schooling.
Also, the parents that I know still do have a life. They come out shopping, or to the movies or whatever with the rest of us, and they bring their babies. We love the babies, so it isn't like they feel that they cant hang around with us anymore.
4) That is ridiculous. Most of my friends have had jobs for the past 2 or 3 years.

1. That's why I stated "I think.." because it's my opinion.
2. It's different in other countries. Here in the U.S, 14 is the legal age to be married, [I think so, anyway].
3. Some teenagers son't always have their parents support.
4. Agreed on this one...but some of my friends can't keep their job for more than a month.

That's only in Texas that I know of.It's different for every state
+Harlequin++Girl+
Jazz Hands
+Harlequin++Girl+
October 1st, 2006 at 04:51pm
I know about this from experience-I am pregnant right now and I'm almost 15.Me and my boyfriend are planning to put our baby up for adoption.We acknowleged the consequences,but we were not prepared to deal with them.His parents have no idea(they haven't seen him in almost a year),and my dad wasn't exactly thrilled.He is helping us through it and will help us find a good family to take our baby.

It will hurt letting go of it,but it would hurt even more to not be able to take care of it when we're older.

I beg all teenagers(or anyone else,for that matter)to WAIT until they get married or at least until they are ready to deal with everything comes along with sex.
Fluffy Bunny of Doom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Fluffy Bunny of Doom
October 1st, 2006 at 11:08pm
It depends on how i am feeling my opinoin changes on this alot my mom married when she was 16 and had me not long afterwards uhm i think if they can support the child and finish schoool and not get into all this shit like drugs then yeah they should be aloud to have kids but i mean they should probaly be married to the person though
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
October 7th, 2006 at 10:28pm
Keisha Castle-Hughes, the girl on Whale Rider, is apparently pregnant and she's only 16.

I'm, I guess you could say, against teen pregnancy. Apart from the obvious things like it changes your life forever, is a huge responsibility and makes a huge impact on your career, education etc, it also has a lot of complications because the mother is so young and a lot more could go wrong.
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
October 8th, 2006 at 01:34am
Our Avenged Jules:
You would be surprised at how caring teenage parents can be.
Keyword - CAN.
Of course, they might even be better parents them some older parents.
On the otherhand, they might not.
It all comes down to the teenager in question, and if they want to put effort into bringing their child up right.

That is absolutely right.

A lot of teenagers cannot be bothered, because they want to get back out to parties, and do things with their friends. If you truly want your child to have a good life, be brought up right and have respect, morals and manners, then you will put your child before everything.

Like it's been pointed out, adults do this too, and not really care. But I have to say, those adults most probably would have had those children in their teens.

I'm not for it, I'm not against it. You want to have sex and not consider the consequences? Go right ahead.
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
October 8th, 2006 at 01:36am
+Harlequin++Girl+:
I know about this from experience-I am pregnant right now and I'm almost 15.Me and my boyfriend are planning to put our baby up for adoption.We acknowleged the consequences,but we were not prepared to deal with them.His parents have no idea(they haven't seen him in almost a year),and my dad wasn't exactly thrilled.He is helping us through it and will help us find a good family to take our baby.

It will hurt letting go of it,but it would hurt even more to not be able to take care of it when we're older.

I beg all teenagers(or anyone else,for that matter)to WAIT until they get married or at least until they are ready to deal with everything comes along with sex.

That is a very mature desicion, and a very mature comment.
At least you realise what you did, and are taking responsibilty.
rach3l is a sound.
Salute You in Your Grave
rach3l is a sound.
October 8th, 2006 at 07:10pm
lame.:
Keisha Castle-Hughes, the girl on Whale Rider, is apparently pregnant and she's only 16.

I'm, I guess you could say, against teen pregnancy. Apart from the obvious things like it changes your life forever, is a huge responsibility and makes a huge impact on your career, education etc, it also has a lot of complications because the mother is so young and a lot more could go wrong.

The girl in Whale Rider is Australian.
The legal age of consent in Australia is 16.
Also, in her religon, 16 is not a young age to mother a child.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 10th, 2006 at 01:58pm
If a teenager gets pregnant, then I don't think it's wrong, it's just inconvienient, but I don't believe in abortion so they should just have the kid and stuff.........
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
October 12th, 2006 at 09:05pm
1. Check before you make a new thread. Duplicates get deleted.

2. Spam is ABSOLUTELY forbidden. Stick to the topic at all times.

3. Keep it as calm and civilized as possible please. Let people have their own opinions, don't force yours on anyone.

4. No pyramid quoting.

5. No spam threads. This means no "rate this or that" thread. No "how do u liek chocolat?" or "i liek pie, do u?".

6. If I lock/delete your thread, read these rules again. Did your thread break any of the rules? If so, you have no right to complain. If your thread was wrongfully locked/deleted, pm me and we can talk about it.

7. If you want to talk about MCR, you can do so in the Band board.

8. If you agree with someone's post, and you quote it, ALWAYS add your own opinion to it

9. I don't allow profanity here.

10. "Page claim" is spam. Spam is not allowed.

11. "I agree" or "I like <insert topic here>" isn't enough. Elaborate your opinion please.

12. No Chat Speak! Use proper grammar please!

13. If you're unsure about making a thread because of any reason, pm me first and I will let you know if it's ok or not.

14. If someone makes a thread that doesn't belong here, don't waste four pages telling this person off. Just ignore it until a moderator comes online and deals with it.
Hullo beautiful
Killjoy
Hullo beautiful
October 12th, 2006 at 11:25pm
teen pregnacy is bad but i think if ur ready for sex then u should be ready for what comes with it
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 17th, 2006 at 03:52pm
I think it's okay but can affect their education and they won't have as much free time as a normal teenager. However, if they get pregnant, they should deal with the consequences
rawbin disappeared.
Shotgun Sinner
rawbin disappeared.
October 19th, 2006 at 10:31pm
It honestly still makes me wonder what's going through these kids heads after they realize what they've done & what'll happen. They're too young for sex, ofcourse. Why do they do this? How are this into this so soon? Parents fault? Are they letting the kid roam just a little too freely? I honestly think teen pregnancy is not only the teen's fault, but the parent's too. If they were just a little more connected with their child, they may not be like this.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 19th, 2006 at 10:45pm
^I wouldn't agree with you on that one, Robin. Some younger teenagers are very safe, using condoms and being selective and whatnot, and one slip or broken condom later they're pregnant. In that case there really is no blame.

Personally I believe that anyone of physical maturity can have sex, as long as they know what they are doing and are safe about it. I also think that if the person is under 16 and pregnant, it is usually the best thing all around is to abort it, quickly and quietly.
marti lives on.
Awake and Unafraid
marti lives on.
October 19th, 2006 at 11:16pm
Well, there are around 9 girls in my school whom are pregnant. Some in my own grade. And though I do not agree with their choice to have sex so early, seeing as nothing is really reliable to prevent a pregnancy save being sterile & whatnot, I hope they take the right steps to the care of their child.
bloody_intervention
Killjoy
bloody_intervention
October 21st, 2006 at 09:26pm
ok first of all, teens that become pregnant need your support. spazing on them or hateing them forever is going to do nothing. you cant rele change the fact that it happened unless you go back in time, and last itme i cheched you cant do that just yet.
yea they should consider adoption, haveing a kid when your 17 or whatever could not olnly ruin your life,but it could ruin your childs.
I think that abortion is sad, but if you feel like you should do it than do it.
personaly i would feel really sad if i had to give up a child i had, but i would do it anyways because iwould obviously be to young to be responsible enough.
bloody_intervention
Killjoy
bloody_intervention
October 21st, 2006 at 09:33pm
worldxwarxme:
teen pregnacy is bad but i think if ur ready for sex then u should be ready for what comes with it

ok first of all i doubt that some adults who have just gotten into a relasionship are ready for a child.
theres nothing that you can do about teens haveing sex. it's inevitable, unless theyre all super religious. or moralified, and in case you havent noticed, that group of people in this generation is very slim. so i would just leave that alone, and find a better way to prevent pregnancy
Walking Shade.
Joining The Black Parade
Walking Shade.
October 21st, 2006 at 10:41pm
I think teens that get pregnant are stupid!And they make me angry.A teenager has only one duty, and that is to study and have friends, be happy blah blah blah the basic stuff!Parents provide for them, and what's in their heads? "oh I want to have sex because it's cool!" IDIOTS! they completely ruin their lives and then wine and complain, and who ends up paying the broken dishes?The parents.Teenagers these days don't seem to think at all.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
October 22nd, 2006 at 01:11am
daughters_of_revenge:
I think teens that get pregnant are stupid!And they make me angry.A teenager has only one duty, and that is to study and have friends, be happy blah blah blah the basic stuff!Parents provide for them, and what's in their heads? "oh I want to have sex because it's cool!" IDIOTS! they completely ruin their lives and then wine and complain, and who ends up paying the broken dishes?The parents.Teenagers these days don't seem to think at all.

...Wow.

I know its been posted before that some teens take all the precautions [condoms, birth control, ect.] and something goes wrong and they end up pregnant.
Not all teen's compain about having a baby, either.
Some teenage girls want to feel loved, and think a baby can give them the love they desperately want.
Yes, sometimes the parent end up taking complete care of the child, but, as hard as this is for you to believe, some teenagers are responsible.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
October 22nd, 2006 at 12:03pm
daughters_of_revenge:
I know a girl who is 16 and is a mom. She takes good care of her child and doesn't complain because she knows it's her fault she has a daughter to take care of, but she says her own childhood was screwed up and she wants to give her daughter the best possible start in life. However, another girl I know is pregnant and doesn't care. She says when she has he baby her mom will take care of it and that all the baby is good for is getting her out of school for a few months. How a teenager reacts to having a child depends on their personality and what they want to do with their life. You can't generalise and say all teen parents are whiney idiots who messed up their life and have their parents pay for their mistakes.
And not all kids who get pregnant have sex coz they think it's cool. What about rape victims who get pregnant? Or what about girls who have sex because they have been with their boyfriend for maybe a few years and they really love each other but it just happens to go wrong?
And, finally, as a teenager I'm going to take it as an insult how you said "Teenagers these days don't seem to think at all." I think. I think about the consequences that almost all my actions have. I think about what I want to make of my life. I haven't had sex, but I do think. I think about a lot of stuff.
XxRobynnexX
Killjoy
XxRobynnexX
October 22nd, 2006 at 02:19pm
i think that if they wannt throw their life away.....then let them. It's their choice not ours.