Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
Forgive me...
Killjoy
Forgive me...
October 22nd, 2006 at 05:50pm
yes, i completely agee, teen pregnancy is wrong. i am not saying that if your a teen, and have a baby, that your a bad person, i am just saying, you shouldn't have to worry about that untill your a married adult.
Chemical_Catastrophe
Killjoy
Chemical_Catastrophe
October 22nd, 2006 at 06:00pm
One of my friends is pregnant... and when it first happened, the guy who got her pregnant swore he would always be there for her... he totally lied.

Just so you know, it was more of a fling, they weren't actually dating but he and his parents promised to provide monitarily (sp?) for the baby and that he would always be there for her for emotional support, and he personally promised her that he wouldn't do that to anybody else.

But like last week he called her and asked her if it was okay for him to start dating other girls.

She cussed him out and they haven't talked to each other since. She's over him but she doesn't want him to get another girl pregnant...

IMO he's a complete asshole. He wanted her to get an abortion.

anyhoo... just thought I'd say that i'm against teen pregnancy because we really aren't mature enough and we don't really have the money to take care of a kid or raise it the best way we could if we were older. Not to mention that it would completely devastate someone's future and their dreams too.

<3

and remember "Accidents cause people" Very Happy
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
October 23rd, 2006 at 12:54pm
mercy is halloween;:
Well, there are around 9 girls in my school whom are pregnant. Some in my own grade. And though I do not agree with their choice to have sex so early, seeing as nothing is really reliable to prevent a pregnancy save being sterile & whatnot, I hope they take the right steps to the care of their child.

Well it does make me wonder if they used protection in the first place? Its very hard to get pregnant if you are using contraception methods "correctly." Yes I know it does happen, but its in such a small amount of cases, and nine girls at one school? I don't think that would correlate with the statistics.

These teens need to be educated, okay so maybe no one can stop them from having sex, but at least they need to be taught about all the methods of contraception and how to implement them effectivly, and most importantly, to not be embarrassed about using condoms, etc.
XxRobynnexX
Killjoy
XxRobynnexX
October 25th, 2006 at 05:27pm
i still think it's 100% their choice
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 25th, 2006 at 05:59pm
Yeah so they can at least choose if they wanna be pregnant
Modern Swinger
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Modern Swinger
November 1st, 2006 at 11:52am
i'm ok with it, i'm not for it or against it. my mom got pregnant with me when she was in high school still and she was responsible. a lot of teenage girls get pregnant at my high school.
Becky
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Becky
November 1st, 2006 at 10:50pm
my boyfriend is the result of teen pregnancy so if it was not for it he would not exist which would really suck! but he has a really rough life because of it though but everybody is different, some teens are not really responsible and others are.
Chowder
Motor Baby
Chowder
November 8th, 2006 at 05:47am
Well, my friends cousin had a baby at 15 and shes going to college... Well I'm 50/50 about teen pregnancy because maybe some of them (not sure how much) will abort them. Thats what sets my opinion off along with school..... Along those lines I am half and half.
HeartShaped--Glasses
Killjoy
HeartShaped--Glasses
November 12th, 2006 at 01:23am
I dont hink there is anything wrong with teen pregnancy!
If you used contraceptives and they didnt work properly,its not your fault!
People who decide to have bebies as teens....thats a different story!
I know a few people who have had babies as teenagers,it's not a bad thing,it only means that you can work harder to make sure that your child is responsible and safe when they decide to have sex
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 12th, 2006 at 01:39am
i think its to young to be getting pregnant when your stil a kid yourself
theres no reason to lose your childhood over it
if your having sex and the condom comes off or your not on the pill then you can get the morning after pill or have an abortion
if your not willing to deal wtih contraception then dont have sex simple solution
XxamandaxX
Joining The Black Parade
XxamandaxX
November 12th, 2006 at 01:43am
^abortion is wrong if you're not ready to be a parent than give it up for adoption there is no reason to take away someone's chance at lif. i think teen pregnancy is just wrong every woman in my family has gotten pregnant as teenagers and it can really ruin your life and most of them are less responsible parents because they aren't fully matured at that age which isn't fare to the child imo and it isn't fare to yourself either it lowers your options in life. if you are not prepared for the concequences of sex than don't do it. it effects not only you but everyone around you.
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 12th, 2006 at 01:45am
how hard is it to get a coat hanger any way?
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 12th, 2006 at 01:48am
^That is tasteless and not funny. Illegal, home-done abortions indanger the mother, can permanantly damage the uterus and reproductive organs, and could lead to death from heamorrhaging.

Teen pregnancy doesn't need to end in loss of life, not when safe abortions or adoption are alternatives.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 12th, 2006 at 01:48am
Can you please not spam?
That post was immature, and I find it offensive.
If you aren't going to have a serious discussion, then please don't post in here.
This thread isn't about making stupid jokes like that, it's about offering opinions on a serious issue.
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 12th, 2006 at 01:54am
sorry i guess i tend to make jokes to much its just how i am
XxUSEDxX
Killjoy
XxUSEDxX
November 12th, 2006 at 11:31pm
teens shoud not be haveing kids. its not fair to the child
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 12th, 2006 at 11:43pm
Rachelle, please try to put more into your answers, both in this thread and the rest of the Discussion Board. It is really hard to discuss when people post short, definite answers with nothing to back them up .

Why is it not fair to the child? Why should they not be having kids?

Elaborate, please.
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
November 12th, 2006 at 11:50pm
I don't think teenagers should be having kids.
Especially now when there is really no excuse for it. I mean, there are alot of options to stop that kinda thing happening, but still having the enjoyment of having sex.

And yes, I still think abortion is an option. I think for some people abortion is a very good option. I personally, even if I got pregnant now, not being in my teens, I would have an abortion.
I don't think you should bring another person into this world until you're ready.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 13th, 2006 at 04:37am
Maturity is always the major factor, the one deciding element that is called into question. Each incident depends on the person themself.

I know some surprising down-to-earth 14 and 15 year olds, (RL) that would have no problems satisfying the emotional and mental growth of a child, just the way they are now. They would need some help in the monetary and housing areas, but that is understandable.

I know some kids my age (late teens, early twenties), that could never cover even one aspect of a child's development, let alone raise them to be a healthy, ballanced individual. One friend went from abused attention seeking and overly dramatic virgin, to pregnant and married in the span of about a week. She is fragile, tiny and very unpredictable, and very childlike in her mentality. It might be best for all involved if she waits. But it's too late for that now.

The rambling and off-centre point I'm trying to make here, is that age doesn't carry as much weight nowadays as it used to. If the female is physically able to bear the child, they are a candidate for a parent. A 14 year old mature individual, keeping her child (with the support of her parents) is smart, just as a 17 year old couple aborting because of not having the means to raise it or being unfit as parents is smart. Not everyone who can have a child should, just as not all those who can abort should.

Though, come to think of it, I also know some adults who should never be allowed to spawn....
monkeyinair
Bleeding on the Floor
monkeyinair
November 13th, 2006 at 06:49am
personally, if it's legal, the mother/ father's able to support the child emotionally, financially physically... put it this way, if the parents is able to fufill the child's need, i don't have a problem with that.