Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
November 13th, 2006 at 07:40am
^ Sadly most teenagers are too selfish to emotionally support their child because they are children themselves. I know at this point, and I am 18 and I baby sit my baby niece two-three times a week for 12 hours, that I would NOT want to get pregnant right now...and if I did I would consider an abortion at the early early stage. Alot of my mothers students (she teachers highschool) have gotten pregnant and they still go out and smoke pot and drink.

Some teenagers don't even understand the responsiblity. Hell i didn't even know til I started babysitting. They are hard work! Yeah sure, they are cute once they reach six months and can start smiling and noticing things, but in the beginning they are demonic crying machines- and all they want is their bottle and sleep...and if you're Alexa Sophia, you want to be carried 24/7.

So I think when teens get pregnant they need to reall sit down and think if bringing a child into the world is the right thing to do- for theres and the child sake.
stormygirl84
Jazz Hands
stormygirl84
November 13th, 2006 at 05:59pm
I don't think it's good no matter how mature a girl (or couple) is, simply because it makes it seem like it's okay. I've seen several posts on here saying, "Well, my friend got pregnent..." Yada, yada, yada, "... and SHE turned out okay, so it's fine." It's NOT fine. It's NOT okay.

Like, I don't know how many of you know of her or have seen anything she's been in, but there's an actress named... Gosh, I think it's Keisha Castle-Hughes, or something to that effect. She was in "Whale Rider" a few years ago, and she played the new Queen in the last two Star Wars movies... Anyway, she's 16, and pregnant, and she's saying that she's mature enough to have planned this and to want it and be ready for it. Okay, for all I know, she is, kids grow up a lot faster in show business. And maybe she is mature. But she's making it seem like it's okay for ANYBODY to be pregnant that young. To PLAN on pregnancy that young. It's just NOT.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
November 13th, 2006 at 07:01pm
stormygirl84:
I don't think it's good no matter how mature a girl (or couple) is, simply because it makes it seem like it's okay. I've seen several posts on here saying, "Well, my friend got pregnent..." Yada, yada, yada, "... and SHE turned out okay, so it's fine." It's NOT fine. It's NOT okay.

Like, I don't know how many of you know of her or have seen anything she's been in, but there's an actress named... Gosh, I think it's Keisha Castle-Hughes, or something to that effect. She was in "Whale Rider" a few years ago, and she played the new Queen in the last two Star Wars movies... Anyway, she's 16, and pregnant, and she's saying that she's mature enough to have planned this and to want it and be ready for it. Okay, for all I know, she is, kids grow up a lot faster in show business. And maybe she is mature. But she's making it seem like it's okay for ANYBODY to be pregnant that young. To PLAN on pregnancy that young. It's just NOT.

Why is it not okay?
If they are responsible, its just fine.
Hundreds of years ago, it was quite normal to be pregnant at least once by the time you were 18, why isnt it now?

I thought that in Kiesha Castle-Hughes's religion, her pregnancy is totally fine?
Im not 100% sure, that was what I friend or somebody told me.
Personally, if its well planned out and the parents are responsible, im fine with teen pregnancy.
black dahlia
Salute You in Your Grave
black dahlia
November 16th, 2006 at 09:25am
Christina for a 20:

Why is it not okay?
Hundreds of years ago, it was quite normal to be pregnant at least once by the time you were 18, why isnt it now?

The thing is, most teenagers are NOT responsible enough to have a child. Hell, most teenagers aren't even responsible enough to remember their homework. They have a lot of growing up to do before they even think that it's okay to have a child. It's NOT okay to have a child at 14, even if that 14-year-old is exceptionally mature. It's not fair to the young parents.

And hundreds of years ago, women weren't expected to anything more than have children from 15 until the day that they die. Things are different now. This is 2006. Women have more educational opportunites than ever before, and to have a child at 16 or 17 is just plain...disappointing, especially since there is so much more to live for.

And if I talk about this anymore, I'm going to bust a blood vessel.
frankfan
Killjoy
frankfan
November 16th, 2006 at 02:21pm
MY TOWN IS FULL OF THEM COZ IT IS FULL OF CHAVS MY TOWN IS THE MOST COMMON FOR TEEN PREGNANCIES!
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
November 16th, 2006 at 04:15pm
frankfan:
MY TOWN IS FULL OF THEM COZ IT IS FULL OF CHAVS MY TOWN IS THE MOST COMMON FOR TEEN PREGNANCIES!
I don't like that statement. It pissed me off a lot. Just because someone is a 'chav' doesn't mean they are definately going to end up a teen parent. Turning the tables, just because someone is some other label, doesn't mean they won't end up as a teen parent. It isn't just one group of teenagers that get pregnant.

Your ability to look after a child depends on your family circumstances and how quickly you have matured. I think if you are mature enough to bring a child up, and you are willing to make sacrifices and give the child the best possible start in life, why shouldn't you?
lips-of-MY-angel
Killjoy
lips-of-MY-angel
November 17th, 2006 at 12:44am
speakin of pregnant teens, I have a 14 year old friend with a newborn, she is doing very good, and she is getting help from her mom. I think she is doing good. But there is this 13 year old girl I kno and she is pregnant with a 22 year old dudes baby, and she doesnt want it, now that is wrong
makemearedcape
Killjoy
makemearedcape
November 17th, 2006 at 01:07am
A 13-year-old pregnant with a 22-year-old's child? I don't know...is that classified as rape? It's illegal though, right? I always wondered what happened legally in situations like that... Does the older person get prosecuted for having sexual intercourse with a minor?

<3makemearedcape
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
November 17th, 2006 at 01:30am
makemearedcape:
A 13-year-old pregnant with a 22-year-old's child? I don't know...is that classified as rape? It's illegal though, right? I always wondered what happened legally in situations like that... Does the older person get prosecuted for having sexual intercourse with a minor?

<3makemearedcape
Yes. That is considered statutory rape, even if the sex was consenusal.

I'm against teen pregnancy, there are so many minors that have children in my town, it's disgusting. Most of the teenagers that have them come from bad homes, making me wonder why they're even allowed to keep their children.
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
November 17th, 2006 at 02:20am
ophelia is the shizz:
Christina for a 20:

Why is it not okay?

The thing is, most teenagers are NOT responsible enough to have a child. Hell, most teenagers aren't even responsible enough to remember their homework. They have a lot of growing up to do before they even think that it's okay to have a child. It's NOT okay to have a child at 14, even if that 14-year-old is exceptionally mature. It's not fair to the young parents.

And hundreds of years ago, women weren't expected to anything more than have children from 15 until the day that they die. Things are different now. This is 2006. Women have more educational opportunites than ever before, and to have a child at 16 or 17 is just plain...disappointing, especially since there is so much more to live for.

And if I talk about this anymore, I'm going to bust a blood vessel.

You have the most vaild point in this thread.

I agree with the statement in bold.
Women these days have the oppurtuinty, after finally getting our rights to be able to have jobs that we may never have had, and the education leading up to them, and some teenagers don't care about that.

To put it simply, getting pregnant in your teens is stupid.
You have to, really, be uneducated about sex. And contraception.

Plus the fact that young mothers get huge, huge, huge payouts from the government to help look after their children.
That's taxpayer's money.
Your parents money.
Your money.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
November 17th, 2006 at 07:42pm
fall out scout.:
Plus the fact that young mothers get huge, huge, huge payouts from the government to help look after their children.
That's taxpayer's money.
Your parents money.
Your money.
Scout, you have hit the nail on the head.

Honestly, I can't even express the anger I have towards those people on the benefit, but I agree completely.
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 17th, 2006 at 08:22pm
it is frustrating to think that some stupid girl who gets pregnant as had a baby gets a lot of welfare off the government but somebody who is trying to put themself thru school has to try and scrape out a living while trying to better themselves
its saying dont try to better yourself girls go get knocked up and we'll look after you so you dont have to get a career you can just mooch off the government

a side point in australia i get paid some money called ausstudy for studying but its half what i would get if i sat around on my ass and got unemployment benefits which are higher if your a parents obviously
i know of some young mums who spend the governenment money on all kinds of stuff for themselves cause they get so much when somebody trying to study and make themselves better gets no support whatsoever
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
November 17th, 2006 at 08:33pm
^^ I agree with you, too.

Maybe we should make a thread about government welfare?
BladesxthatxStain
Killjoy
BladesxthatxStain
November 18th, 2006 at 05:54pm
crash hit nerve.:
As long as the teenager takes responsibility for the child, I think it's fine.

I also think adoption is a good choice, unless the teenager has thought thoroughly about how they were to raise the child, and spoke to some adult that has been a parent for help or advice.

I completely agree with this person. I mean, taking responsibiity for a child is definitely a HUGE step in a young girls' life, and I mean, it's partially the parents' fault for letting their daughter date at such a young age. Unless the girl was raped or something. Then that's a completely different story.

But, adoption is a good choice too to make. Personally, if I get pregnant when I am 16 or 17, I would not give up my child. I wouldn't be able to. I would be so emotionally attached him or her, it would be physically impossible for me to part with them.
PERCY
Motor Baby
PERCY
November 22nd, 2006 at 05:16pm
I get really annoyed at teenagers who just have babies to get the baby bonus and spend all their damn money on big plasma screen TVs instead of their baby. I'm glad our government is doing something about it.
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
November 22nd, 2006 at 07:16pm
I think teen pregnancy is negative, but then again I think the same for abortion. I think if you get pregnant, you messed up. I think you should live with the consequence. Then again, it's your body, do what you want. There's always plan B if you don't use protection. Getting pregnant is totally evasive. But, it's not really a big thing now a days. Less teens are getting pregnant and more are doing drugs. Still, teens do get pregnant. But can you really expect them to not have sex until they're married if some of them don't believe in marriage? Can you really blame them for having sex? It's normal, if you ask me...
Wednesday Addams
Salute You in Your Grave
Wednesday Addams
November 22nd, 2006 at 08:12pm
If the girl having the baby is 18 or so, I think it's fine.
A girl younger than that, her body mightn't be ready for a baby which could result in a miscarrage.
And she most probably wouldn't be able to support the baby on her own.
Chemically Dependent
Bleeding on the Floor
Chemically Dependent
November 23rd, 2006 at 08:57pm
i think its bad and if ur stupid enough to get pregnant then u shouldnt get an abortion b/c u should be responsible and not kill a baby or what would become one. there r plenty of options if u cant take care of ur baby.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
November 23rd, 2006 at 10:23pm
Spencer Scissorhands:
If the girl having the baby is 18 or so, I think it's fine.
A girl younger than that, her body mightn't be ready for a baby which could result in a miscarrage.
And she most probably wouldn't be able to support the baby on her own.

Your body is pyshically ready to have a baby once you begin having your menstrual cycle. So depending on the girl, about 13 or 14 (some younger). However, emotionally and mentally, teenagers these days aren't ready to deal with a child.
D.E.A.D.!!
Fabulous Killjoy
D.E.A.D.!!
November 23rd, 2006 at 11:06pm
i think teen pregnancies are wrong too,even if you think your responsible enough.
when i hear about teen pregnancies, i always hear about the girl taking care of the child and i think the guy should also take more responsibility.its always the girl taking care of the baby with her mom or her family, but what about the guy?he just dumps her after he finds out or just simply says hes not ready-in most cases.as much as you want to believe your ready for a child when your a teen ,the truth is your not .