Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
xXhopeXx
Motor Baby
xXhopeXx
November 24th, 2006 at 01:03am
i guess it's their choice, if they think they are ready then yeah. personally, i don't thinkl that people my age are ready, but people a few years older could be. i think it depends on how mature, responsible and reliable they are to look after the baby if they decide to have it.
xXhopeXx
Motor Baby
xXhopeXx
November 24th, 2006 at 01:03am
i guess it's their choice, if they think they are ready then yeah. personally, i don't thinkl that people my age are ready, but people a few years older could be. i think it depends on how mature, responsible and reliable they are to look after the baby if they decide to have it.
stormygirl84
Jazz Hands
stormygirl84
November 27th, 2006 at 09:02pm
Erry Ishmas:
Your body is pyshically ready to have a baby once you begin having your menstrual cycle. So depending on the girl, about 13 or 14 (some younger). However, emotionally and mentally, teenagers these days aren't ready to deal with a child.

That's not true. I got my first period when I was ten years old. Do you really want to tell me that my body was ready to support an unborn child then just because I had started my menstrual cycle? No way. Your body is still growing and developing. It doesn't stop until age eighteen or so. So, medically speaking, your body really isn't ready until such time.

And as for the arguement of "people were having babies in their teens hundreds of years ago," this is a very ignorant statement. (By saying this, I do not mean that the person who has said this is stupid, or even ignorant themselves. It just means that they haven't really thought about what they've said. I'm not flaming anyone.) As someone stated before, hundreds of years ago, that was all that was expected of a woman. Young girls were being married off by the age of thirteen or fourteen. This is now illegal (well, I know it's legal in most third-world countries, but I'm generalizing for the sake of simplicity). Also, hundreds, and thousands, of years ago, people's life spans were shorter. There was a time when you were considered "elderly" if you made it to 40. And that in itself was a pretty big "if." So yes, young girls were expected to reproduce sooner, because their had less time to do so.

Also, I don't like the arguement of "if they think they're mature enough." It's like the old adage about wisdom: "It is a wise man who knows he is a fool, and a fool who thinks he is wise." I see maturity in pretty much the same light; usually the kids who say they're mature and responsible enough really aren't. That's not necessarily a fact, of course, just my opinion.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
November 28th, 2006 at 02:26am
I have heard of children as young as nine able to have children. The rate of having miscarriages is higher amoung children and teenagers, but theoretically, yes, once you get your period your body is ready to have children.

Time Magazine

Actually there's a link to a story about a girl, 10, who gave birth to a perfectly healthy little boy.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 28th, 2006 at 01:59pm
^Aha, I can take that one on.

Due to the hormones and steroids that are being put into meat, especially in places where there are famine or poverty, there are children as young as three who are fully physically mature, and able to have children.

However, this is not at all natural.

The normal female starts her period when she is 8-13 and finishes puberty in the 14-18 range, at which time, they are able to bear children. Girls are NOT fully physicaly mature when they first get their period, but rather, when they are finished puberty.

Physical maturity or the ability to bear children at a younger age is highly abnormal, and it is 99.9% of the time unnatural, due to environmental influences that forced her body to mature more quickly.

Just to clear things up.
X.x.im.not.okay.x.X
Killjoy
X.x.im.not.okay.x.X
December 1st, 2006 at 08:48am
some teenagers are mature anough to keep a child i no some who did n i love that person to death they are a great mum to their kid!! so it isnt always bad

X.x.im.not.okay.x.X
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
December 1st, 2006 at 02:04pm
I think that although yes it depends on the teenagers there is always going to be the issue of who pays for the child's upbringing. If the parents are underage then they are not going to be able to work to pay for the things the child needs. They are going to be living with someone else and they will have school work which needs doing. So in England certainly, government benefits are often needed when the parents become of age and can own their own house.
ElizasMAMA
Fabulous Killjoy
ElizasMAMA
December 1st, 2006 at 03:34pm
i think its totally wrong for teens to have babies at this age i know two people who have gotten prego by my uncle a 16 year old and a girl that was his age but then thewy were very young at that point. and the 16 year old coudlnt even take care of her first one but she went on and had a second. its like she abuses them with how much tearts them poorly and shoves food in thier mouth. He almost got a girl my age prego too!! eew 13 years old and hes 23!
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
December 1st, 2006 at 03:39pm
ElizasMAMA:
i think its totally wrong for teens to have babies at this age i know two people who have gotten prego by my uncle a 16 year old and a girl that was his age but then thewy were very young at that point. and the 16 year old coudlnt even take care of her first one but she went on and had a second. its like she abuses them with how much tearts them poorly and shoves food in thier mouth. He almost got a girl my age prego too!! eew 13 years old and hes 23!

he could go to prison for that. Its completly irrisponsible, but at the same time, in regards to the other cases we have to remember that its 50% the girls fault (obviously im not talking abou the unerage ones) but the 16 year old for example.
ElizasMAMA
Fabulous Killjoy
ElizasMAMA
December 1st, 2006 at 03:40pm
Punk_Bling_Girl_85:
ElizasMAMA:

he could go to prison for that. Its completly irrisponsible, but at the same time, in regards to the other cases we have to remember that its 50% the girls fault (obviously im not talking abou the unerage ones) but the 16 year old for example.

yea i agree with you it is really her fault too because she wanted the other child and plus shes a crazy person too
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
December 2nd, 2006 at 07:52am
I don't think it's right and when the baby is a teenager, he or she probably gonna have some thoughts related to 'I'm a mistake, my parents didn't want me, I'm a drunken mistake...'

but, if you get pregnant in your teens, you should probably raise the child, unless you really can't raise him/her,
i.e:
*your mom and dad have kicked you out, and you are living on the streets.
*You have no money/house

But, if you get pregnant because you were raped, that's an entirely different story, and you shouldn't have to raise the child if you don't want to.

I'm against teen pregnancy.
Punk_RoCk_SheLLeY
Killjoy
Punk_RoCk_SheLLeY
December 4th, 2006 at 10:11am
yeh i think its terrible when i see 15/16 year olds that are pregnant they are just throwing their life away
xxkatiexx
Killjoy
xxkatiexx
December 5th, 2006 at 07:13am
Its silly, I don't know what i'd do if i got pregnant now, but i wouldn't have an abbortion cuz thats murder...and wrong. But hey thats what PROTECTED SEX is for!
Mrs.Sanchez
Killjoy
Mrs.Sanchez
December 6th, 2006 at 12:02am
well my opinion who ever wants to read it is that NEVER let that special boii touch u even though he tells u he lovez you who caresz in the end they leave u so if u wana open ur legs go 4 it but i think u shoudlnt if u get pregnate just keep on dreamin and fallow ur college and ur other high schools (:
bothersome-faces
Killjoy
bothersome-faces
December 11th, 2006 at 08:23pm
i don't think anyone is realy ready to have a child.
no matter how old, or responsible
but aso don't think there is such a thing as ready
you learn from expeirence
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
December 12th, 2006 at 09:10am
X.x.im.not.okay.x.X:
some teenagers are mature anough to keep a child i no some who did n i love that person to death they are a great mum to their kid!! so it isnt always bad

X.x.im.not.okay.x.X

That's exactly what everyone else here is arguing.
It doesn't matter if they are physically or mentally mature to have a child. It's not right.

Honestly, and please answer this:
How many of you would be willing to have a baby at the age of... 16?
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
December 12th, 2006 at 09:12am
Mrs.Salazar:
well my opinion who ever wants to read it is that NEVER let that special boii touch u even though he tells u he lovez you who caresz in the end they leave u so if u wana open ur legs go 4 it but i think u shoudlnt if u get pregnate just keep on dreamin and fallow ur college and ur other high schools (:

... what?
chatspeak is not allowed, you make no sense. and the post had no relevance.
Alfred.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alfred.
December 12th, 2006 at 10:13am
To what Scout said: I honestly wouldn't. Sad
And teenagers are practically kids themselves.
Of all the people I know who had teenage pregnancies, all of them regret it.
Would you want that kind or haunting resentment in your life?
MusicalMueth
Killjoy
MusicalMueth
December 14th, 2006 at 12:51pm
Samanthuhh.:
I don't like teen pregnancy.
Idiots, they're idiots for getting pregnant!
And than some go and try to get abortions, it's their fault for having sex!

I agree, they chose to have sex so why should their child suffer?
MusicalMueth
Killjoy
MusicalMueth
December 14th, 2006 at 12:54pm
I feel sorry for the girls that get pregnant, wheather it was consensual sex or not. They must be neglected if they didn't know that sex causes pregnancy. I also feel sorry for the aborted babies because their mothers made a mistake.

If it was non-consensual sex I feel even more sorry for them. A daily reminder that they were raped. Abortion makes them feel like they killed their kid, keeping the child gives them a living reminder of what happened to them, & adoption makes them feel like they gave their kid away. I have thought about this a lot, because I was in this situation.